Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning, Noon & Night Sickness Cures?

Unhappy Morning, Noon & Night Sickness Cures?

Well, Ive tried:
    Ginger (dry ginger ale, ginger gummi bear things)
    Dry crackers (with and without margarine)
    Toast (hot, cold, with marg and without, with vegemite and without)
    Dry bread
    Fruit
    Munching raw vegies
    Water
    Tonic water
    Soda water
    Icy poles
    Maxolon
    Other m/s tablets
    Peppermints
    Fruit tingles
    Sleep
    Eating lots of tiny meals throughout the day and night
    plus other things that I have forgotten and I still feel sick.
    I have managed not to vomit yet this pg, but its all I did in my last pg. So, last pg I put on no weight, and soon got sick of everyone telling me how fabulous I looked. Yeah right. I enjoy being a pale shade of green all the time! Whilst I haven't vomited yet, I constantly feel like I am about to.
    I'm not all that far along in this pg, and am totally jack of feeling sick already. Last night we had sausages (garlic and pork !) and vegies. It was okay, but I spent the evening (and night waiting for it to come back up). Then, my darling little girl woke at 2am, I picked her up and she burped right in my face. Oh god, the smell! Rancid garlic pork sausage smell! I nearly vomited on the spot (and feel like I am about to right now just thinking about it!). So I managed to settle her quickly and put her down again, then ran to the loo to vomit. But, nothing. Instead, I got so hot, which was just really weird considering how cold it was (especially in the loo) and I only had a t-shirt on! I had to pull my t-shirt off quick, I don't remember ever feeling like that. It was really awful! I eventually went back to bed (stayed in the loo while baby girl was grizzling again, but she settled herself, thankfully) and lay uncovered for ages, still really hot. When I woke later in the morning, the Man was covering me up so that my back was covered, as I usually complain if it isn't, but I was quite happy still being uncovered. And it wasn't even that warm in our bedroom. What the hell is wrong with me?
    And does anyone have some other morning sickness cures?
    All I have being wanting to eat lately is chicken (mainly red rooster/charcoal chicken, especially zinger burgers), hot chips and pizza. I never ate 'badly' like this with the first.
    I am finding it quite depressing to be feeling this sick all of the time. I know I have managed before, but this time I have had enough. To be always on the verge of vomiting is too much. I think it is worse than actually vomiting. I do not want another baby after this. And yes, I know, they are all different, and maybe the next would be plain sailing, but I"m not interested in finding out. Neither of my pg's have been that soppy glowing loving time. GRRR. Not happy.
    Sorry for the vent too.

Green apples work wonders!!

oh hun, thats horrible! go see ur doctor, they can give u something to take ur m/s away!!

I was like that when pg with my first daughter. It was awful. Nothing at all would work. When I was pg with my second, I started getting m/s real bad, and my dr was able to give me something for it, which worked. Fortunately I only had it for a few weeks.

I was eating green apples last night. All they did was make me burp the flavour of the sausages! Had one before, and it didnt do anything either.
    For my last pg, I went to the dr (a different one to this time), and the only thing I haven't tried that he suggested is vitamin b (I think) injections, which help you feel better for only about 8 hours. Yep. Right. Thanks, not a chance! Considering I'm petrified of needles!
    Last week when I went to the chemist for pg vitamins, the pharmacist said that ms was a good thing, and meant my body was doing all the right things, so try to take some comfort in knowing that. By the way, in case no one could tell, the pharmacist was a man!
    I guess I will try this dr I am seeing again, to see if he can recomend something else. He gave me maxolon, even though I didn't think it would help.

I can't remember what it was, but my dr was able to prescribe me some medication to take which was safe during pg. And it worked a treat. Other than medication, you could also try accupuncture? It apparently helps, although at the time I had it, I didn't know about it.

I had TERRIBLE ALL day sickness for first 12 weeks and I tried eveything too - I finally went to the chemist and they gave me Blackmores Morning Sickness tabs and they work a treat!! I would recomend trying them.
    I am now 13w and 2 days and I only get MS evey second morning now - alltho I vomit now and i didnt b4 but after the first 20 mins ut of bed and a quick vomit I am pretty good all day. There is still smells and foods that I cant stand and make me feel sick but all in all alot better.
    I recomend oranges, savoys and hot chips and sauce!
    Hope something helps!
    Kate

The only thing that worked for me was giving birth. I was sick the enitre time
    I hope you find something, or that the m/s stops for you soon

I have tried the Blackmores tablets, with no success. I have made another apt with my dr, but it is only for this friday!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Niadla*~ View Post
    The only thing that worked for me was giving birth. I was sick the enitre time
    Easiest solution....and i was thinking the same, now i think back on how sick i was with DD1

ETA: Have you tried preggie pops? i will PM you a link, see if they might work for you
    Last edited by visitor1; May 27th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.

try cadbury chocolate a few peices at night and then in the morning worked a treat for me this pregnancy. last pregnancy I was sick right up to the morning I gave birth

There is a homeopathic remedy you should be able to get from a naturopath in a helath food shop called Nux Vomica - might be worth a go.

Netix, First of all, Im very sorry to hear that you are going through this .

I too have been aflicted with bad ms this pg. I am coming out the other side now, but between weeks 6-12 I was terribly ill. I felt sick 24/7 and vomited several times a day. I tried every 'cure', but nothing really worked when the sickness was at its worst.

I can totally relate when you say you dont want any more children because of this, and that you are depressed. I felt the same way (up until a few days ago).

All I can suggest is that you ask for zofran, it is supposed to be more effective than maxalon and for some it is a miracle cure, as they feel totally better. Unfortunately it didnt work for me. I felt worse on it because it didnt let me vomit, then the moment it wore off I vomited every 15 mins until I had nothing left but bile in my stomach. Yuk.

Also, just eat and drink whatever you feel like. Dont feel bad for eating unhealthy foods. It is better that you get some energy from the foods you eat.

Good luck, I hope your sickness passes sooner rather than later.

Oh honey, I am so the same about more kids. I can't go through that "nearly vomiting" all day sensation anymore.

The only thing that helped minimally was to always be munching. Even when I was not hungry - if my stomach was empty it made it all worse. I had to have food on hand at all times, in my pockets, the glove box. The last thing I wanted was to even see food, but I had to or else I'd by lying on the floor all day. YUKKO

I hope you get some relief soon xoxoxoxo

NETIX I totall sympathise with you. I had the exact thing with this pregnancy. Unfortunately nothing helped. I tried everything too. I am still suffering from MS now (though no where near as bad as the 1st trimester). I'm guessing i'm just one of those who suffer. You will get through it.

I used sea sickness bands and they reduced it.

I also ate soup, bread and Boost type juices as "real" food made is worse.

Kim, Thank you, got the PM. Will probably get them. Yuk! Ginger flavour! I imagine that birth may be the only solution too.
    Kel: I will have to go and get some chocolate. I devoured a easter egg (I know, how did it last that long?) the other day, and it seemed to help a bit at the time.
    Krisp: I will go to my naturopath. He's pretty good, so I;ll see if he has the nux vomica. Am willing to try most things.
    Diamond Girl: Thank you. Did the zofran still leave you feeling like you wanted to vomit? Or did it take all that feeling away as well as the feeling sick part? I haven't vomited yet, and it really feels awful. I agree about geting the energy from what little foods I eat, so am just happy to be eating something, I guess. I hope it passes soon too.
    Lulu: My last pg I had to eat immediatley as soon as I felt hungry, or else I would be sick for the next few hours, bringing everything up. So, I always had museli bars and water with me. It helped, but it doesn't seem to help this pg. I really don't like the thought or look of food atm, and it makes it really difficult to feed th family properly too. Mum is over atm, doing dishes thankfully, as I dislike the look of left over food even more! I'm so glad that I didn't end up buying myself a cafe. I'd be so screwed. Well, actually, I'd have been totally screwed with the first pg, as it was even worse then. Thank you, xoxoxo.
    Georgi: Thank you, and I hope that you also feel better soon. We both seem to be those that suffer I think.
    Saslia: I have the sea sickness bands, so I will give them a go. If I can find them.

Netix, I'm using the sea-sickness bands too and they're helping. They helped with my first pregnancy too. They're definitely worth trying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast