Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

tough call-- you probably won't be able to tell the difference

Take it easy, rest up and drink heaps of fluids. Hope it passes for you soon

Thanks Danni,

I am just trying to do that lol it is a bit hard with a nearly 11 month old crawling around getting into everything, but at the moment she is ok.

I am thinking it could be gastro as I am feeling cold and I have put a jumper on and it is warm here, I dont have a temp though.

I hope it goes away soon as I have a messy kitchen to clean up as we had people over for dinner last night.

i have shocking morning sickness ATM, and am also just recovering from the flu. i also have a 13month old at home, so know how hard it can be when you are sick. there have been times where i have felt so bad i have just had to lay down, at these times i put my daughter in the cot (or playpen) with some of her favourite toys and lay down. you may feel a bit guilty doing this, but sometimes there isn't much of an alternative.

Hi Misti,

I am feeling a bit better and have actually eaten some normal food. I have been having naps when DD has so I am feeling a bit better.

Good luck to you with the ms I really dont know how i am going to cope if this keeps up.

I hope you feel better soon.

i describe m/s as the worst hangover i've ever had, minus the fun the night before.

that would probably be how i would distinguish it from the 'urgency' of gastro.

either way. i feel for ya!

Hi ya,

I think it is ms and I know about the hangover feeling I remember that clearly! I just dont like having it, it puts me off of liking this pregnancy thing.

my m/s cured me of ever wanting to do this again, no matter how good it turns out to be...

so far pregnancy is a scam!

from about 10 weeks and 2 days it just suddenly dropped away. i am no longer 'hair trigger' vomiting at stuff i think about....

haven't had a heave since... i think the weekend. for the most part i'm fixed. it is only the really nasty 'trigger foods' that get me now... i won't list them, for my own sake (and yours). i have very minimal, intermittent queasiness.

i did have acupuncture in the worst of it, and i'll go back for another round on monday. i have managed to go 14 days between visits (normally i'd be banging the acupuncturists door down after 5 days). can't recommend it enough.

clare076 Guest

32 weeks solid with Shelby, let up for about a week and then started again until the day she was born. So far I am still getting it but it doesn't start until I eat in the morning. WEIRD.

Angelfly Guest

This is my fifth pregnancy and i'm sure it is the worst so far. I am 11 weeks, 2 days pregnant and my ms seems to be getting worse. I have two girls and two boys and found that the ms was ALWAYS worse with girls. Good luck to you!

Hi,

With my first pregnancy i had m/s for about a week in total, however my second pregnancy i had it for 17 weeks.

Hope it eases off soon for you.

mine just started a couple of days ago and its all day!, i have severe nausea but not throwing up. I think i would feel better if i could throw up.

at the moment my diet consists of dry toast with nothing on it, ginger beer and steamed vegies. and chewing gum, thats about all i can handle.

i hope it goes away for you soon and me too.. but i think it will only get worse before it gets better for me

Firstt pregnancy it lasted til 22 weeks

Hoping this time it will go much sooner.....im now bit over 11 weeks and it does not appear to be leaving any time soon!

LizzysMum Guest

I had it 17 weeks with my first and this one doesn't seems to be easing yet and i am 13 weeks this Thursday.

Last time though it was just nausea all day every day. This time it is vomiting every morning and feeling nauseous the rest of the time - roll on 17 weeks I say!!! I am sick of it HA!

My MS started when I was about 8 weeks and I think my last vomit was when I was about 19wk pg .. it got steadily better from there

Default Dumb morning sickness question

OK, with Tallon, all I had was a motion sickness kind of feeling all day, which was worse if my tummy got empty. Well, thinking I was going to get away with nothing this time around, it's hit me HARD today.

BUT - my question is, can morning sickness be the same as a bug kind of sickness? or is it a different kinda feeling? It's just that (sorry TMI) I've also had loose bowels this morning, and when I chuck up I get all hot & clammy etc.. just like I do if I'm sick with a bug.

Please tell me I have a bug that will go away and that morning sickness isnt like this.

heheh.. think I'm asking a bit much huh. I just feel so ill! I'm desperately trying to keep my fluids up so I can feed Tallon (funnily enuf, feeding him makes me feel sooo much better.. but it would be contributing to me feeling yuck in between feeds).

So I shouldn't say be really careful as Victoria is currently having a nasty bout of gastro??
    I think this could be equally as bad for you as ongoing m/s...

Unfortunately only time will tell! It could be one or the other. With this pregnancy I have had a couple of bouts of loose bowel movements, fortunately only once or twice. The hot and clammy feeling is a pretty normal reaction after any type of vomiting. Keeping your fluids up is a great idea. I hope this passes for you soon!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast