Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

Claire Guest

Can I call it all-day sickness? I'm not physically sick but feel nauseous in between food, so eat again to take away the sickness.

With this pregnancy it started within a few weeks of getting pregnant and stopped abruptly at 9 weeks.

With my previous 2 pregnancies - similar start and similar finish in that the ms went on to about 16-18 weeks.

Last edited by Claire; May 16th, 2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: clarification

I had morning sickness from about 5 weeks. It started to go away from around 11 or 12 weeks. I think it was pretty much gone by about 14 or so weeks

I just felt always "off colour" with some smells making me feel real queasy and had a sensitive tummy from 5wks eased at about 12 weeks but now have migrains for the first time in my life on and off and they are EVIL I'd prefer to be puking can't handle headaches! Now just have back and hip pain

I started all-day-sickness at around 6 weeks - but only nausea. Was vomiting 3-4 times a day from 8-10 weeks. I've had a couple of days off work, but i live about 5 minutes away from the office, so some days when i was feeling really off and couldnt get out of the ladies bathroom at work, the boss would let me go home for a couple of hours, put my feet up, have a good spew, eat a tonne of food then come back in hehe

The vomiting has stopped this week and i am feeling a lot better. Still dry retching in the mornings and at lunch, but other than that i think i am finally coming good.

My first pregnancy I was sick from 6 weeks to 14 weeks, only vomitting in the morning then feeling fine the rest of the day.

This pregnancy I felt all-day sickness, but no vomitting (I don't know which is worse!) from weeks 7 - 9. Very lucky!

Well,
    I've got nothing on Dannielle, but I have been suffering morning/ all day sickness since week 9... no sight of stopping!

I generally ahd all day sickness, throwing up about 3 times a day, till week 20, since then it has really only been first thing in the morning..... but I am starting to get worse again now.

Oh and the nausea has not stopped since about week 6... and progressively getting worse.

It doesnt worry me too much anymore.... It's kind of comforting!! lmao

Hope it eases for you soon

with my first pregnancy I was sick from 3w 5d (before I got my first bfp) untill about 11 weeks, I was also sick most of the day, but managed tostruggle through the day at work. I am also a teacher, and so could hardly keep ducking out to be sick, I would juuts keep a stack of food onmy desk and nibble away. I would usually throw up at dinner time, then again in the middle of the night, then at breakfast time.
    With this pregnancy I have had hardly any sickness at all, i think I have thrown up about 4 times in total, I still get waves of nausea but nothing as servre as last time.

I started feeling sick around 3.5 weeks and by 4 weeks i was throwing up all the time. Went to the doctor after 3 straight days of throwing up and he gave me a shot of maxalon. Stopped the vomiting overnight but still felt awful. The next night i was in hospital on a drip. Have been in 5 times so far. I am still throwing up daily and on a bad day maybe 3-4 times. Nothing really helps except sometimes a can of coke. I had to take 3 weeks off work from around 5-8weeks as i couldnt get out of bed.

Hope yours eases up soon

started around 8 weeks til about 16 weeks, threw up most evenings!!! but always ate dinner straight after!! never left the house without a bucket and bottle of water, came in handy when i threw up in the car on the way home from work!!

Hi, congrats on your pg! You can put me in the "unlucky" category! All day sickness kicked in for me at 6 wks and continued throwing up every half our or so all day till 23 weeks. Like many of the others, Maxalon didn't work for me. I resorted to drinking loads of apple juice, it was the only thing that would stay down and as I got closer to 20 wks it was onto iced water! I can happily say that I've had nearly 3 wks of no m/s now and thoroughly enjoying it! As far as work goes, I've just finished up permanently last friday but before that I had the odd "sick day" here and there, I just stupidly soldiered on!!

I'm only 8 weeks and 1 day but mine kicked in at 6 weeks and 3 days. Still going .............

Pardon my ignorance...what's BFP???

BFP stands for Big Fat Positive (a positive pregnancy test).

Noted. Thanks!!!

I had all day nausea (no vomiting) from 6-14wks. After 14wk it just disappeared!

Mum2Furbabies Guest

So those of you who have to work FT with morning (or all-day) sickness - how did you cope with that, especially considering that the MS usually shows up early when most women haven't even announced their BFP? I'm just curious, because I have a massive fear of illness (as someone else here said, I don't 'do' vomiting - it would be a rude shock if I got PG and had awful MS!) and I wonder how I would try to hide an early PG at work while nicking off to the loo for a chunder all the time....

Oh gosh I feel so sorry for those of you that suffer horribly with MS

CatherineL Guest

Most important thing is not to worry about it! You can actually talk yourself into ms.. i've seen it happen! Women TTC who are so sure they are pregnant and have all the symptoms including the nausea and vomitting and aren't even actually pregnant. Some days i'd wake up and get up feeling fine, then Danny would mention to me - 'hey! you haven't been sick yet this morning', and all of a sudden it would hit me..

I had the all-day nausea variety, rather than the vomiting. I also don't 'do' vomiting, so I really didn't expect to when I was pg (and relieved I didn't!). I was sick weeks 5 to 8 (or 9?). I just took crackers, museli bars etc. to school with me & kept snacking in class every couple of hours (never went more than 2 hours without food) - I would try to hide behind my desk while the kids were working!!! This probably explains my 1st trimester weight gain! (The dr was a bit surprised that I'd put on 3kg since my last visit!).

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast