Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

Question Morning Sickness - a bad case

Hi everyone,

My boss' wife has asked me to speak on behalf of his wife in this post! (LOL! how random..). Anyway here goes their problem:

She's approximately 12 weeks pregnant and during that time (and continues to do so) suffer from quite severe morning sickness. She is NOT a fan of any medical treatment coming from any doctor (nurses' paranoia) and was after some natural remedies to help her combat morning sickness.

While she knows she can't get no miracle cure, its affecting her from doing anything - including caring for their 1year old daughter.

Thanks for your help everyone - I know I can rely on my fellow bellybelly users to help my boss as I've never experienced such horrible sounding morning sickness.

xoxoxo

Tell her to eat Green apples!!! They work wonders!!

I used the Blackmores morning sickness formula which has ginger in it, it seemed to help. Other people swear by seabands, the magnetic bands you can wear around your wrist and it works on pressure points (you can buy these from chemists). Hope she finds relief soon!

Ginger in any form often works well

i was the same up until last week. ginger was no good for me. i tried green apples and vegemite toast. have previously used sea bands.

some have also tried acupuncture, which is meant to be effective.

Jodie259 Guest

You might want to check out this thread:
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=36635

There are LOTS of suggestions there.

I hit the 12 week mark today - and usually the m/s eases up after the first trimester.
    I have tried just about everything... and have had severe m/s symptoms with both of my pregnancies. Some unfortunate people have symptoms for their entire pregnancy, but not normally severe, and not often this happens.

fel23y Guest

tell her to try sucking on minties they were the only thing that worked for me i didnt beleive it when my girlfriend told me to try it . when i did it was a cure lol it just made you feel fresh in the mouth and you forget about being sick even blocks out those pregnancy smells when something doesnt smell right then thats when it makes you sick with the minties i didnt get any of that.

i found ginger good - in most forms - ginger beer, ginger cookies, dried ginger etc.

Wow everyone... we are so overwhelmed with the response and thank you for that link to the other thread which had MORE replies!

I think I just scored myself extra brownie points at work doing this LOL!

Thanks everyone!!

becmc Guest

I found the travel sickness bands from the chemist with the little pressure point ball worked okay for me. They are expensive, around $20, but are for nausea. Ginger is good, little frequent meals, vegemite toast and cups of tea!

I tried green apples and ginger biscuits. they worked sort of.

actually this will sound wierd - but - something greasy like chips from kfc worked a bit to ease my m/s whuch was 24/7 sickness.

Ohhh I HATE morning sickness - i am sooooo over it. if only it WAS 'morning'! Sorry i haven't got any magical suggestions (wish i did), but last time round i found rice crackers helped. Nothing has eased it this time - i've tried everything!! The only thing i can say is that i often feel like something really greasy like Karina said, and i don't usually feel sick for a while after eating something like kfc. weird, huh?!

~Belinda~ Guest

I am finding the following helps me combat morning (or any time of the day!!) sickness:

GINGER NUT BIKKIES
    DRY SALTY CRACKERS (I eat Premium Crackers)
    SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS
    KFC CHIPS (they work wonders!)
    GINGER ALE
    LEMONADE
    VEGEMITE TURKISH BREAD (I cut a turkish bread in half and put it on a sandwich press until it's very flat and butter it with vegemite)
    TOMATO SOUP WITH HOT BUTTERED TOAST
    FRUIT TINGLES

Hope this helps!

Dont want to scare you, im 29 weeks tomorrow and still suffering all day everyday morning sickness.

Things that helped me for a week or so at a time were/are:
    Minties
    Salt and Vinegar Chips
    chocolate

Ginger did nothing for me and now just the thought of it is enough to make me sick.

A can of coke in the morning after your first puke (sorry TMI) can help to settle it down a little.

Good luck...hopefully it wont go on too much longer.

~Belinda~ Guest

Goodness me Misty, you poor thing

I'm wearing the seabands at the moment and I swear by them. I've had no nausea for three days now (well, a little yesterday as I took the bands off for 40 minutes and the nausea came back).

mrsaym Guest

I havent had much ms only a bit queasy at times, I tend to have something to eat when I feel like this then it goes away - like I feel right now...a friend of mine had it really bad and constant until she was about 20 weeks then it only came now and again. I think she spoke to her Dr who gave her some tablets which helped no end...maybe talk to your Dr? Dont go near Maccas burgers they make feel yuck - but yes their chips (or KFC or HJ's) seems to work too!!!

Had had morning sickness that last untill I was 5 mths pregnant, the best thing that soothed me was watermelon!!!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast