Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

I can totally sympathise with you on the M/S. I had horrid morning sickness too - i cannot remember the huge number of times I threw up in the work toilets or out of the car door on the side of the road. I used to spend half the day dry wretching too. I was assured it is normal!
    I found oats to be one of the best things for me to eat for breaky (one of the very few things that would stay down and it filled me up for a while). Milk Arrowroot bickies were also great, I found.
    If you have a stack of sick leave, then take it if you need a few days off. You need to look after you!
    Hoping you feel better soon.

Hey Oliver,

I was one of the lucky ones too! I was very hungry/sick from 4 weeks-6 weeks but now I only get the hunger on and off.
    I had an u/s at 10 weeks and everything was fine.
    Congrats on your u/s being okay!

Sorry to hear you are feeling so yukky, Hawksey. You could try some preggie pops. I never tried them, but they are supposed to help - I am intending to get some for labour

Tunsa Guest

Im having the same trouble with M/S and work. Unfortunately I work in a call centre and cant just duck off to the loo to throw up, plus as im only casual, im not entitled to any leave

Im using barley sugar at the moment, it seems to work for most of the day, that and flat lemonade, maybe give that a go.

if i find anything else that works, i'll let you know. yesterday i tried to drink a hot drink maybe 6 times, i was determined that one of them would stay down, i was wrong lol

Good luck

Jenna

ohhh M/S is my worst enemy! Started at 4 weeks and only really eased up at 14. I was heaving continuously in the toilets at work - everyone knew i was pg by 6 weeks becuase i was so off colour! I still have bad days where i find myself running to the toilet during the day ... mornings are the same as they have always been. DH brings me juice and toast in bed. I cant get out until i've had it!! All i can say about work is to have breaks whenever possible (i would advise telling your boss so they are more lenient). I have sit down 8 - 5 job and i struggle with that, so i cant imagine how you must feel having to stand up all day. My secret weapon is oranges! One in the morning and one in the arvo - the Vitamin C really helps out my queasiness!

Well, at this moment I just finished eating Vita-wheat 9 grain crackers with vegemite and cheese......got some relief, better than before....ohhh and just tried a can of Pepsi max and thatís helping. I think when I have dry stuff it really helps. Fluid also makes me feel yuck. I found greasy food didnít help and it did not digest that well especially if I drunk water. I through up just water and some of the wedges I had yesterday. Not good.
    I have had ginger tea and that has not helped. Ill stick to crackers and cheese for a while. Also, seems like just the thought of food makes me feel sick, especially hot food.

Hawksey,

I completely understand the situation you are in. My ms started before 4weeks and continued until 22weeks those weeks were filled with vomitting at least 10-20 times a day, every single day. I started the same as you, calling in sick every day and I felt like it was going to continue and I was going to quit eventually to be a SAHM for a long time (DH and I would like 4 kids, 2 years apart and I don't intend on working until at least the youngest is in school) so anyway I just quit very early on in my pregnancy, it was probably about 7weeks.

Looking back it was the right decision because there is no way I could have worked any of those days and I know my boss wouldn't have like me calling in sick fir months in a row.

Basically I think what you should do depends on your situation, obviusly if you want your job back after you have your baby then you don't want to be quiting, so maybe just ask your dr to give you a medical certificate and talk to your boss, I also think you should tell your boss, if you feel comfortable doing so, at least that way they will understand the situation.

Good luck with everything!

Default Morning sickness tip

I just discovered a great little help to my morning sickness today (almost 10 weeks pg) mineral water!! sounds weird but I get alot of nausa in the afternoons and I found drinking fizzy drinks helps but the sugar makes me feel sick again very quickly, so I tried mineral water today and it did the trick gave me the burps and I was feeling good again.
    With my first 2 pregnancies I used ginger tea and ginger tablets but I haven't been able to get hold of the tea yet. I hope this can help some of you too

Mineral water also helps a lot with the muscle cramps.

BW

Dear Hawksey,

I agree with all the others and say if you don't feel good then take the leave, it's now been two and a bit weeks for me with m/s and i am not coping good either, although i am not vomiting, just feeling really nauseaed all day, i have had to take time off with no pay cause i just had so many sick days used up from my previous pregnancy... i say you just do what is right for you, work is always work but these chances at becoming pregnant dont come easy babe.... take care

I really feel for you. I had morning sickness from the moment DS was conceived until about 20 weeks, and I didn't make it to work for a full week that entire time. Just getting there was an ordeal. No one tells you how bad morning sickness can be!

I found that constantly sipping lemonade and eating vita wheat 9 grain crackers all the time (constantly taking tiny bites) helped until about 12 weeks and then chicken twisties were great, I was doing 2 packs a day. The thing is though that the only thing that really helps MS IMO is sleep! Resting is the only thing that makes it better. I found my MS got worse as the week got on because I would sleep ALL weekend and feel a bit better on Monday but be tragic by Wednesday. If you can take the time off do it!

I haven't had any cramps yet do you mean leg/muscle cramps or abdominal cramps? I do get that uncomfortable bloated feeling though arg! sometimes my belly looks and feels like I'm already 30wks

Ooh, I will try the mineral water tomorrow. I too have found that I am craving soft drinks but they make me feel a bit queazy afterwards. I hate the taste of mineral water, but if it can make me feel even a little better, I'm up for the challange.

I'm talking about leg/muscle cramps... I'm getting them badly already, but I do have a tendency to get them because of some of my arthritis meds.

BW

Thanks for all the great responses.
    As we stand I am still off 'sick' from work but haven't yet had that chat to my immediate boss. As a shift worker I have no routine to my work days (including nights). That certainly doesnt help with the feeling ill. Not much has changed, I actually feel quite good straight away in the morning, till after about an hour of being awake. I had the pleasure of throwing up my porrige in the shower yesterday. I am sleeping excessively, and nauseated all day long.
    I am so relieved to hear others stories about how they feel, it makes me feel not so alone and worried that its not 'right'. I am thinking about you others out there going through it too.
    So far this week I have tried apple juice- sipping at the moment! Gingernuts, home made ginger chews (both no long term difference, maybe for an hour afterwards), salt and vinegar chips-verdict still out, fresh ginger tea (again relief maybe for an hour). I get motion sickness in the car so have not driven anywhere to try greasy food! I am worried I am not eating enough fruit or salad as it is, so cant bring myself to let my diet get any worse!
    I don't want to quit my job I have worked hard to get where I am, and I will be able to go back part time and legally can have 2 years unpaid leave after 12 weeks paid mat leave, so its a good deal. I figure we have to learn to cope with 1 income anyway, right!
    My boss is not very approachable, so I am nervous about speaking to her, but will bite the bullet before the week is out, as I am clealy not getting better yet!
    Thanks for letting me rant again, appreciate the chats back
    :ms:

ahh poor you! as if you don't have enough symptoms without adding some more
    BTW Butterfly I wanted to tell you I hope you don't mind but I read your diary and it was such a beautiful read, I had a tear of joy in my eye hormones got me.

Bailey99 I hope the mineral water helps you I've been sipping it all afternoon starting too feel a bit like a balloon though

Tiff, I don't mind at all if you read my journal, that's why it's there.

I still find it difficult to get my head around the fact that I am actually pregnant after all this time... and I find it really amazing that my journey has touched so many people along the way. Thank you for sharing that with me - you've put a tear in my eye as well!

BW

ROTFL you teared me up again! oh boy these pregnancy hormones are crazy. I find the first trimester seams to take the longest from the moment you find out each week draaaags by and we count them by the minute, trouble is we don't start REALLY showing till second trimester and by then we've told everyone
    I'm glad we can share this special time as I'm sure people will get sick of us talking about all those seemingly small (to others) pregnancy moments all the time.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast