Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

i have loved mineral water (sparkling) and soda water the whole time i have been preg.. i usually hate fizzy drinks! enjoy your pregnancies girls!

HI Tiff - Think I'll buy some mineral water today too. I've been wanting something fizzy but not sweet! What I have been having though is just a little bit of lemon juice with a good dose of water in a glass and that seems to help me too:-)

me too..... there was nothing else that worked for me except mineral water.
    I was buying San pellagrino by the case!!!

try and buy from the supermarket or bottle shops or delis coz the bottles are cheaper that way too.

When i was at work, i'd have to pay $4 for a 500ml bottle of san pelligrino and from the supermarket, it was $2.90 for a ltr bottle.

for me san pelligrino was the only one that worked, which is weird coz usually water tastes like water.

I think the specific mineral content of each different mineral spring makes a big difference.

ohh thanks for that I'll look for it in the supermarket and stock up I'm drinking schweps at the moment but it's a bit too fizzy and then goes flat really quick LOL I think I'm fussy

joralyd - ohh i kno what u mean about feeling and/or looking your about 30 weeks preg, i feel big as! and tearing up over everything, im with u's there too lol, i cry over the tiniest little things!

Default Bad morning sickness!! Any help

Hi girls, well im 8 weeks today and have a scan tomorrow
    i have had bad sickness lasting all day long, and seem to find that everything i eat i feel really nausea... i have tried ginger biscuits and tea, flat lemonade, drinking lots of water, but nothing seems to help and i am so over tired, im taking elevit but do any of you lovely ladies have any other remidies that i can try... i give up..... thanks

Red Jelly worked for me :-)

Tunsa Guest

ive been living on barley sugar, and sprite lemonade for the last 3 weeks. i've lost some weight but the barley sugar settles the stomach enough that i can have a slice of toast.

someone also suggested mineral water helps. i didn't try the ginger bikkies, cant stand ginger lol

good luck

Jenna

oh, and my dr said i have to stay hydrated too, dont forget that.
    Last edited by Tunsa; July 2nd, 2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: had to add something

there are some sort of sugar tabs you can take.. health food store maybe? Ginger beer helped me.... i hope you are feeling better soon.. quite often tho it is dehydration and sugar level related..
    big hugs.
    xoox

Big :hugs: sweety. That's pregnancy, I know you probably think it'll never end, but it will.
    I had M/S all day everyday for agood 10 weeks with all of mine, I found that one thing would help me today but not tomorrow. I did find that sipping on Gatarade was soothing as well as cold black tea (and I hate tea normally) sao squares. sucking on licorice. I don't know, I hope that helps.

Green Apples...well first pg that worked.. this one nothing really did but i was nooo where near as sick!

Blackmores make a morning sickness tablet to take. That may help Otherwise your OB can prescribe maxalon, stemital or if it is really bad you can ge zoflan.
    hopefully it eases when you reach your second trimester
    hth
    good luck

I'm using ginger nut biscuits, minties, fruit tingles, apples, tea, mineral water... all have worked to some extent.

But, I've found the most relief from the blackmores morning sickness tablets, until this morning when I got hold of some sea bands. They have worked brilliantly! I woke up with the usual feeling of wanting to puke, but popped them on before I got out of bed. Within a couple of minutes the wanting to puke feeling had been replaced by a so hungry it hurts feeling - which is so much easier to manage!

Every day has been a little worse than the day before for me. Yesterday I was pretty completely non-functional up until lunch time. Now, it's 8am and I'm ready to get up and do stuff.

Seriously - sea bands - they work miracles!

BW

BW, where did you get the sea bands.

A chemist. We popped into the first random little chemist we saw after my acupuncture appointment - they had them. They were around $17, but are very well worth it!

BW

I've had the same problem and have tried everything... this time around I have to try and eat something before I know if its going to stay down or not.... the smell doesn't let me know like before.

I just bought some almonds to nibble on which seems to be helping... I've tried everything but nothing seems to work... i'm hoping by week 12 it miraculously disappears!!

Ive heard seabands are great, for me though - fruit tingles were the saviour!! They worked wonders (probably not very good for my teeth though!)
    Hope all goes well with your scan today. Best wishes, Kayla x

ahh morning sickness - you gotta love it huh?

Nothing worked for me ... i tried everything - ginger, B6, lollies and all sorts of junk food, seasickness bands, PRAMIN, apples, soda water etc. etc. etc.

I'm still sick in the mornings now but the throwing up has ceased for the past week. I personally dont think there is anything that works up to about 12 weeks (unless it just stops by itself) ... only time is the real healer. I only get sick now if i let myself get too hungry or tired - its a vicious cycle!!!!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast