Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

OMG sea bands! Thanks BW...you are my life saviour. I have been keeping an eye on this thread as my M/S has been quite severe. I went and bought the sea bands today and I have to say they are my new friends. Will not be taking them off until the day I give birth I think!! I too have tried everything and these are THE BEST thing ever.

Tracey

ej_1974 Guest

You poor thing.

I took Elevit also throughout both of my pg's and have been lucky enough to have never suffered badly from MS. I don't know when you have been taking your Elevit, but I found that by taking mine first thing in the morning with my breakfast I have been able to stave off my feelings of nasuea.
    However, I have heard that sucking on dry ice chips, chuppa chupps , eating dry crackers first thing in bed in the morning and eating cucumber soaked in water can help. I have friends who had suffered badly from m/s and say that these were the only foods they could stomach.

I hope this can help.

louisem Guest

Question Morning sickness - can't find anything to eat!!

I am suffering through morning sickness - kicked in this week and lasts all day. So much for it just being in the morning. This is number two for me and I am six weeks along. I read that when you are pregnant you can't eat anything with nitrates in it but it isn't clear whether it is deli or home cooked? Does that mean I can't eat home cooked corned beef. One thing I seem to be able to stomach is home cooked corned beef.

Cheers
    Louisem

Hi Louise - Sorry that the m/s has kicked in!
    I don't see why you couldn't eat home cooked corn beef - as long as the meat is properly cooked and cooked to a temp of 70 degrees plus. You should not eat pre-cooked meat that required no further heating, but heating above 70degrees kills listeria.

Hope you feel better soon.

Default Morning Sickness or Gastro?

Hi,
    We just found out on Wednesday that I am pregnant, and was confirmed by the doctor yesterday.
    Last night I woke up with the most intense nausea and (TMI warning) extremely bad diarrhoea... I actually wound up on the toilet floor crying and calling out to my husband. He took me straight to hospital... By the time I got there I was feeling heaps better, still just nauseas and needing to sit on the toilet. They felt around my tummy a bit, said it was early days, that I didn't have any symptoms of an eptopic pregnancy... and to get some rest and see my GP today...
    Has anyone had a similar experience? I still have the diarrhoea and the nausea, but not the sweats this morning....
    Thanks in advance!
    LJ

Hi LJ,
    I was actually diagnosed by a GP with gastro early in my first pregnancy. It was too early to test with HPT and they came up negative - turned out I actually was pregnant!
    I had vomiting, the runs, dizziness and the sweats - can make you feel really ill - but then strangely you feel better all of a sudden.
    Sounds familiar. Hope you feel better soon.
    TICKLISH

Thanks SOOOOO much Ticklish!
    I was so scared...and I felt so awful. I'm sitting here now eating plain Jatz and drinking lemonade...still a bit shaky but no sweats today.
    Thanks so much for your help. Have a great weekend.
    Lily

It may have been one or the other, or both....

I had gastro during some pretty severe morning sickness. I was throwing up way more than usual, I got concerned, went to Emergency, they told me it was m/s and rehydrated me via IV fluids. We knew the next day that it was gastro as DH came down with it....

I'm with Kaos on this one, Gastro is rampant in our little neck of the woods honey, so it could very well be Gastro.. I had M/S from 5 to 15 weeks with my last one, so it could be that. Keep up the fluids as you really don't want or need to be dehydrated right now and Congratulations on you pregnancy.
    Dee

Thanks so much Kaos and Dee... Feeling much better today. Still a bit sick but nothing compared to Friday night and Saturday morning. Keeping my fluids up and found that Ginger Beer helps.
    Have a great Sunday and thanks so much again.
    LJ

rayofsunshine Guest

Default worst morning sickness

i am suffering the worst morning sickness ever and need help-tips
    thanks

Try Green apples! and ginger ale... not ginger beer!

With DD i was sick 6-22weeks
    This time 9-17 weeks...

There is an end to it!! Goodluck hun!

I was throwing up everyday all day for 5 weeks, I ended up going to my GP and was given Maxolon, worked wonders! tried everything else but did not work. Got the meds 5 days before the m/s stopped! There is an end, even though it does not feel like it now. Hope you find some relief soon.

Tracey

Sorry you are feeling so sick. You could try Blackmores Morning Sickness Formula, I found this helped me. Other people swear by seabands - the bracelets with pressure point magnets - you can buy these from chemists. Hope you feel better soon.

NewmumLou Guest

When i was pregnant i found having 2 ginger nut cookies next to me in the morning would help as i would eat them before i got out of bed! As i was sick when i didnt eat.... for some strange reason!

Hope you are feeling a little better, with my 1st i was sick the whole way through my pg from b4 i'd even confirmed my pg until i was admitted at 36wks with a nasty case of gastro on top. i used the blackmores morning sickness formula also and found that if i took it b4 i got out of bed i'd feel better than if i missed it but it was not a cure! this time around i used it for the first 12 wks or so but i am 100% better than last pg. I found that if i got hungry, thirsty tired or anything as such i would throw up so and feel rotten so i had to eat often and keep rested which is harder said than done. try to keep your fluids up as i was admitted and put on a drip to re-hydrate me. its not nice but well worth it in the end. good luck and i hope 4 your sake you feel better in a couple of weeks

I got morning (all day) sickness from week 6 to week 15 everyday many times a day(!!!) so I know how you feel you poor thing.

They say ginger is good, but as I HATE ginger and all things gingery!
    Green Apples are awesome and Peppermint tea worked wonders for me!

I wish you all the best of luck and hope your feeling better before too long

ej_1974 Guest

I heard the dry crackers are the best trick! Also make sure you take a supp. I take Elevit which I think has higher level of nutrients but I think other brands do some other ones too.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast