Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

Enchanted Guest

They didn't work for me

If I still have them I will let you know and I can post them to you if you like. No guarentees though... I might have been so mad that they didn't work I threw them out! PM me and let me know if u want me to have a look!

Thanks for your responses ladies and for your kind offer Daniellec. I have already purchased my Sea Bands.

Yes -they seem to be giving me some relief - even felt kinda normal yesterday but then I get really really nauseous again if I leave it too long to eat .

TICKLISH

Default Morning sickness...help!

Hi everyone,

I have only just found out I am pregnant and everything feels like it is making me sick...I fancy something and then I can't finish it so I throw it out..if I can still smell it, it is awful!

I think I am only a few weeks pregnant ( I find out tonight how far along I am) and a close friend told me that it is too early to get morning sickness. Is this right? I feel sick on and off nearly the whole day and night.

This is the first time I have ever been pregnant so I am a bit confused..

Does anyone have any ideas about how to relieve the sickness?

Thanks...

hi stars69
    i'm 5 & a bit weeks and i've been feeling sick 24/7 for nearly 2 weeks...
    you can try an online calculator to figure out your due date and how many weeks?
    good luck
    jessie

Hi stars - it's definitely not to early to get M/S - it hits different people at different times. I think it is most common for it to kick in at around 6 weeks but plenty of lucky people get it before that. GL! I hope it doesn't get too much worse for you.
    Last edited by hannahfroodoo; November 8th, 2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks for your replies!

Working off the dr last night, I think I am nearly 6 weeks along...jessie so nearly the same as you. I guess that would put me with a delivery date between the last week of June and the first week of July 08.

I am have been feeling so sick for the last couple of weeks as well especially yesterday, that was the worst!

I got some tablets containg ginger last night from the pharmacy so I hope they help!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars69 View Post
    Working off the dr last night, I think I am nearly 6 weeks along...jessie so nearly the same as you. I guess that would put me with a delivery date between the last week of June and the first week of July 08.
    !
    yay! so you're only a couple of days apart to me!

the morning sickness is the worst, although i'm feeling 20% better today...
    a few things that have worked for me:

mum suggested a cup of tea with milk and those plain malt biccies? works really well 1st thing in the morning if you wake up feeling yuk. sounds gross, but i dip the biccies in my tea, and finish them, even if i can't drink all the tea, and it usually keeps the pukey feeling away for about an hour.

I'm also taking double fluids through the day, including peppermint teas, water, and a lemonade/ginger ale mix...(i hate ginger!)
    i'm also trying the pregcell sachets by swisse. they are designed for M/S, but its basically B vitamns and ginger. tastes v average (on a sick tummy), and i struggle to have more than one. to be honest decaf tea with milk and biccies keeps me feeling well longer...

foods - i'm off zucchini - can't even look at it - lol finding that any 'wholesome' food makes me feel queasy... so i'm living off raisen toast w/ butter, eggs on wholegrain toast, saladas & grapes. Oh and because i can't look at raw foods atm, takeaway is getting a rave review... particularly pizza. not sure if pizza is ok with the ham? so i've been getting margeritas w mushrooms yum

lastly i'm taking elevit now the last 3 days... maybe thisis why i feel a lil better today? I also took one of the ladies advice on here, and i just graze all day... stops me feeling sick, and yes, saladas and grapes next to the bed, cos it helps when you wake up in the middle of the night

sorry for the rave - but hopefully something in here might work for you too?
    Jessie

I'm feeling particularly queasy this morning Actually this is probably the worst I've felt it so far. Normally I just feel off randomly. But the things I eat to help keep the nausea away is saladas as well (same as Jessie) and nibbling on fruit, saladas and drinking lots of water through the day.
    I am finding it hard to eat big cooked meals and prefer light meals more often.

Hi there,

I had horrible "morning sickness" for the first 6mths during my first pregnancy. From about week 7 til around 6mths.
    Was absolutely awful I couldn't eat anything without bringing it right back up.
    In the end I used to eat during the night. I would wake up in the middle of the night skull a glass of juice and try eat something then quickly go back to sleep before I hurled it all back up. Charming thought isn't it?
    I would deem it as having about a 80% success rate though and I think that's what kept me out of hospital..

I tried every remedy I could get my hands on nothing worked. To this day I can't eat anything ginger or weet-bix. I am sure you can imagine why...

I lost 21kg while pregnant with my daughter and have just found out I am pregnant again with #2.

I am having slight panic attacks as I remember the dreadful way I felt for most of the pregnancy last time. I have had a few waves of nauseousness and I am hoping that I don't suffer with is as badly this time.
    I am trying not to stress myself out with the thought but can't seem to relax every time I feel slightly nauseous I get stressed out thinking " Oh crap! here we go again!"
    No idea how I am to manage a three yr old as well.... getting ahead of myself a bit I think as at the moment I don't feel too badly as long as I don't let myself get too hungry.
    Finger crossed that I have a good go of it this time and can enjoy being pregnant.

I am about 7weeks pregnant and I can not recommend blackmores morning sickness formula strong enough.

It's basically only Vit B6 and ginger - but it has helped me. I still get butterflies in my tummy, but i no longer feel like i need to vomit.

Good Luck everyone

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920