Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

me me me!!

I was 110% FINE until bang on 10 weeks. All week i have felt awful

I didn't have much, but mum did, and she said heres started at 10-12 weeks and went til about 15 weeks.

Talking morning sickness

Hi Ladies,

It's funny how everyone is so different.

In my first pregnancy I started feeling ill at 5 weeks and had "motion" sickness from about 7 - 8 weeks that lastes for ages. I was lucky that was around Christmas time so I was able to take 3 weeks off work, and basically didn't get out of bed! Mind you, no one told me about Rennies!!:eek:

I felt yuck until around 14 weeks and then had a week off and then around 16 weeks it came back! It went totally by 18 weeks.

This time around, I have seemed to be feeling yuck in the afternoon, and then OK after dinner. I am only 4 and half weeks preg. Can still have coffee but today, the gaging on the tooth brush started and I've felt senstive in my tummy all day so far since the gagin this morning.

If anyone else gets that, you understand how yuck that can be. Change tooth past from Colgate to another brand, that can sometimes help. Otherwise I try and brush my teeth looking at the ceiling and the down a couple of Rennies afterwards!!!

I wouldn't say that you have "late" morning sickness at all. It can start at any time in the first trimester. If it had started in the second or third trimester, then yes, that I would consider late and unfortunate!

Take care, lots of water and Rennies to help you get through it.

The first trimester usually feels the longest as you have so many tests and feel yuck, but it will go quicker soon I promise (and I hope for myself!!!!!!!).

sophabulous Guest

Thanks everyone!! Still feeling blergh...

Isn't it funny how you can want to puke and still want to have pizza for lunch all at the same time??

yes pizza!!!!! you sold me again soph!!!

Soph, I had my first upchuck in week 10 and my second in week 19, so don't rule it out. However, this is fab because it means I can say I had morning sickness until I was half-way gone and everyone will feel sorry for me! Yay! I felt blergy from about 7w-9w, and occasionally after that.

I felt completely awful and spewed so much from abou 5 weeks till about 10 weeks, and after that I started to feel a bit better and wasnt spewing so much. Sometimes I still feel grosss, but mainly if I havent eaten in a while. Havent spewed in about a week and a half. I'm 17 weeks now, and have only started to feel normal in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Soph - I had morning sickness all the way to 20 weeks and ten again from 30 -40 weeks!!! was lovely.......... hope it gets better for you darl

Default A question about Morning Sickness....

I had a look in the early preg symptoms page, but I couldnt find what I am experiencing, so I am not sure if it is normal?

I am getting mild "Gastro" type pains in my upper belly, not my pelvic area....With the nausea..I'm hoping I'm not coming down with gastro.....

If it is gastro, how will it effect my bub?

Thanks Ladies

I don't want to worry you, but I wouldn't have expected any pregnancy related cramps to be so high up.

If you do think it's gastro, worth a trip to your doctor, as irritations of the stomach and bowels can bring on contractions. I had this problem at around 24weeks.

Hope all is okay

Hi Ally,

First of all Congrats to you!

I had morning sickness for just over three months when i was pregnant with Tayneesha. After that was over it was smooth sailing for me. It sounds like you may have morning sickness and a little gastro. How long have you had the gatro for? It may have been something you ate but it will pass. You need to be careful of what you do eat as listeria can cause problems. I would go and see you GP to get some more advise. it passes soon and you feel better. Just make sure you drink plenty of water/fluids and also eat fresh veges and fruit etc etc. Hope this helps.

Jen

Thanks Ladies....It only started this arvo really....I probably shouldnt have had take out I know! Silly me...I have learnt now tho! I was out with mum, and we had to stop in at the shopping centre to get some lunch, as we were out longer than we'd hoped to be.....I should have chosen my food more carefully i think.

LMAO fletch!!! My goodness....what is going on here! I am an utter loony with this pregnancy....Its easier the first time round I say!!!!
    Fletch....Its your pain just below your belly button in the middle ish?
    Last edited by EllyBoo72; October 9th, 2006 at 10:00 PM.

Ally, it's not some kind of indigestion is it? I've had pains just below my ribs for a lot of the last 8 weeks, but it's indigestion kinda stuff - which I've experience before pg. It sounds like yours might be lower down though.

If you have not developed diarrohea or vomiting I would say it is just intestinal wind/cramps/discomfort that is a very normal and common "side effect" of pregnancy. I have had it with all 9 of my pregnancies...

Ally i've had the exact same cramps on and off. It's been when i've eaten something that my stomach has not really wanted at the time...and will usually end up in a good ol' fashioned chuck - lol! But if you are still concerned speak to your Dr

Thanks Rae...I am feeling alot better now I felt a bit flu ish this morning...so it may be a minor bug, or even more likely something i had for lunch yesterday! But at least those cramp type feelings have gone now!

Default Maxalon for Morning (day) Sickness...

Has anyone taken Maxalon for M/S? How long did you take it for? Did you only take it on the days that you were vomiting, or as well as on the verge of vomiting days?....

My Doc has prescribed it, but as much as I am desparate to feel normal and well again, I dont feel right in taking it, even tho it is safe during pregnancy.....Nothing seems to be relieving my Day/Night sickness and my patience is running out very quickly. At this rate I cant see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I sure did, Ally. I only ended up having it for a short while as it helped me get through the days at work when I was deathly ill. I was about 9 or 10 weeks when I started taking it and had stopped by 12 weeks as the sickness was getting bearable and more occasional by that stage. It is completely safe so don't hold back if you are feeling terrible and really can't go on.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast