Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

Like Rachel says "Embrace and enjoy!"
    I has no ms either - pg was a breeze for me

word of advice though - if you end up not getting ms don't fret when you hear "sometimes ms is a sign that a pg is going well" and absenc e can mean problems. I freaked when I read this, but everyone is different, so go with the flow

Lulu1,

I still haven't got any M/S either, it is a little worrying but like the other girls above said it might just mean it'll come later or won't come at all and I would rather it doesn't come at all! Alot of my friends didn't have M/S with their pregnancies and now have healthy children.

Iv'e had tender bbs and have been tired alot in the afternoons, but that's about it.

Take care

Don't worry too much about it and consider yourself fortunate if you don't get it.

I've got three sons (15, 9 and 7) and didn't get morning sickness with any of them.

Unfortunately, I've had four pregnancies with morning sickness and so far three (and possibly four - jury is still out at the moment) ended in miscarriage.

Lisa

I first got my m/s around 7.5 weeks...there's still a bit of it around at 10.5 weeks, but it's gradually going!

Wishing you all the very best in your pregnancy!!!

Im 8 weeks and 1 day today and I still have had hardly any symptoms. Like yourself I do get that awful sick taste in my mouth but I have had had no morning sickness as such. The only symptom I can say I have suffered with 100% certainty is tiredness. I just find it so hard to believe im pregnant because I feel ........ so good!
    I had my ultrasound today and there he/she was bobbing around so I HAVE to believe im pregnant now haha! :eek:

I have not thrown up once and I am 6 wks. However i do feel a bit offish sometimes and have cramping. I think everyone is different and each body reacts differently to situations. Sometimes I am not hungry at all and other times I am stalking the kitchen like a wolf! LOL

Princess1979 Guest

Supablondie,

I am exactly the same as you! What ever you described, you were describing my symptons!

Just wanted to let you know that im 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I am still waiting for the m/s to hit. I had a scan on Monday and his/her heart was beating away so everything was fine. LIke you I was so worried something was wrong but I have now accepted that my baby is fine and it is just looking like im not going to be one of those woman who suffer with m/s (so far haha)!
    I have thrown up onyl once from eating liquorish but I didnt class is as morning sickness, just something my body didnt want during the pregnancy.
    Last edited by reneenay; January 25th, 2007 at 02:27 PM.

I am also so exactly the same ... I'm just on 9wks and have never felt sick -- sometimes a bit off if I haven't eaten for ages (like 2 hours --lol). Same with appetite though ... went through desperate hunger than totally normal. Also I have no adversions to any food type so far.

Heart rate of my baby is also normal.

All my friends had m/s and are totally jealous! Happy us!

clare076 Guest

Default please help with morning sickness

Please please please help me, I dont know what else to try. I have tried the travel bands, blackmores morning sickness relief, and small frequent snacks. Is there anything else I can take / do before I go and ask for some medication?

I am keeping food down, (have only vomited a couple of times) but really dont want to eat, everything is churning my stomach. Even drinking water is making my stomach do somersaults. When I get tired, (around 3pm ) I start to feel even worse. I cant exactly go and have a nap with Shelby needing attention.

I really dont want to ask for medication but really having difficulty functioning now.

Clare, I tried most of the things you tried and none of them worked. It is hard I know. I eventually went and got some Maxalon but only took it a couple of times. By then I was around 10 weeks and it was starting to improve marginally.

If you are really sick and having trouble coping with a young child, medication might be worth considering. Everything's a balance I think. Just have a chat to your doctor.

Gosh! You poor thing, sounds like a thread I started not so long ago!
    I too had tried what you have, with no relief, and almost headed down the maxalon trail...Thankfully didnt have to resort to it. I only found sucking on chupa chups worked, and ice blocks were helpful too. Chewing gum helped too. Hope you find relief soon.

Hi Clare, so sorry to hear you are having the terrible sickness, it's tough that's for sure. I found the travel bands just eased the nausea but generally I found that I felt better (not better better, just slightly relieved) if I had a full tummy (hard to obtain when you feel queasy I know!) and kept it that way, also I found that if I tried to stay on top of the tiredness (like rest before I felt even worse!). It all kinda helped, but it's a long road at times huh? I also didn't have any other children to care for then, so it would be a different story now! If you really feel you need some medication go for it, don't feel guilty. You need to be functioning to some degree for youself, bub and DD. Fingers crossed for you!

Hello,

I had bad m/S with my last PG and I wasn't able to find much relief either, but unlike u I didnt have a child to look after. I would go for the medication just to make life easier and you less stressed and uncomfortable.

I have heard different versions of why M/S occurs. 1 Dr told me to make sure I was taking a "good quality" prenatal vitamin such as elevit as this would help.

second Dr told me it was just hormones nothing to be done.

and the 3rd told me it was blood sugar levels and to eat "good quality" foods which I know is near impossible when you feel like yacking all the time.

Make sure you are eating something every 1-2 hours, I was able to eat cold food, which seems less smelly. try eating a spoonful of baked beans , corn, baby carrots etc out of the can. You can grab a carrot every time u pass the can etc. This will give u a small amount of sugar continuously.

Small doses of ginger are of course good too. try crystalized ginger or vitamin B is also very good for M/S.. blackmores doesnt help until you have been taking it for a few weeks.

good luck.... but to be honest I would just go get some help....

Clare, the Women and children's hossy in Adelaide did some studies (if you google Women and Children's hospital and morning sickness you will find the reports) where they found that ginger, vitamin B6, and acupuncture help significantly with symptom reduction in mild-severe cases of MS. The blackmores MS formula contains ginger and
    B6 in the quantities found effective by these studies. The acupuncture is definitely worth a go too, apparently you need a weekly treatment session.

My dietician recommended small quantities of starchy food and keep up the drinks.

HTH and you're feeling much better soon.

clare076 Guest

Thanks everyone for your advice, I ended up biting the bullet today and got a prescription for Maxalon. The doc also seems to think I may have a very mild UTI that might be causing the heightened m/s.

So, I just need to wait for the maxolon to kick in now and back off to see him Monday for follow up.

clare076 Guest

Thanks Caro, I tried the preggie pops with Shelby and had a bit of relief so I might pop through one day this week and grab them off you. Can you email me your address please. Email is [email protected]. I filled the prescription for maxalon today, but he didn't even give me any repeats, so I am on rations! Not that I found they helped very much either. I was expecting them to totally take it all away

ttcno2 Guest

I hate to say this, but my sis is a dr and she reckons the evidence for maxolon helping naseau is pretty non-existent and its mostly placebo. mind you, as ive said, i dont care if its placebo if it helps!
    m/s is really awful. the only thing i can add to the others is to live in hope that you might only have another week or so of it being really bad.
    i was really bad with it from about 6-9 weeks, but it did start easing about 10 weeks, which i WASN'T expecting, as last time i didnt feel better until after that time (although last time wasnt as intense either but anyway). im now nearly 12, and still getting periods of m/s but nowhere near as much. so maybe youare on the tail end of it anyway? worth hoping for i guess...

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast