Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #2

Lachie's Mum Guest

Well, I went to visit my ob and he confirmed that I did not have a miscarriage and the information I was given at the hospital was incorrect. My blood levels were too high for a miscarriage and the bleeding I experienced was completely normal.

Let's hope the next few weeks go smoothly.

Oh Lachies Mum that is fabulous news - good luck for the next few weeks.

I had some spotting at 5.5wks and freaked cos I have never bled in a successful pregnancy, but it was just a bit and only once and 3 weeks later still ok I think

Take Care
    Sam

Here's my story.

I first got a BFP at 12dpo. The line was very strong too. That evening I started getting brown spotting. Like you would get at the end of AF. There was a fair bit of it, but only when I wiped. Of course I freaked out & thought I was having a chem preg. The next day I stayed home from work to monitor it. The spotting did ease off throughout the day and ended up lasting for about a week. I had my hcg levels checked & they were strongly rising. I figured that as it was brown, it was old blood & nothing to worry about. Until... another week or so later (I would've been around 5weeks at that stage) I got some pink cm after I wiped. It was quite feint & once again I went home to rest. The next day it got a little heavier & at one point I wiped to find a show of bright red blood. It happened about lunch time & was only red once. It then turned brown again. But the next day I started getting cramps. They were like the implantation cramps but I was so worried as I had read in this thread that red spotting combined with cramps was not a good sign. The cramps lasted all day long. The brown spotting did ease off but it continued for another week & a half. I had more hcg tests to find my levels were still rising strong. In fact, they were on the higher side of the normal range. Eventually the spotting stopped & my ultra sound at 7wks showed a perfectly normal, live fetus.

Although I still have another 4 weeks or so before I am in the clear, at this stage it looks like everything will be ok.

My story (which some of you know).

First PG ended in a missed m/c at ~10 weeks - no bleeding, no cramps - was just picked up at u/s.

Second PG this year, I had spotting (reddish through to brownish) following DTD at 5.5 weeks. Did serial HCG's (about 5 of 'em!) which did my head in a bit, as didn't seem to be increasing as quickly as they should). Subsequently scan 6.5 weeks all good, but picked up a subchorionic haem - told to cut down activity. Spotting continued (very much linked to even light walking 10 mins). Advised to take week off... dr happy for me to work from home instead (it's all desk based, so no exertion).
    Subsequent 8 week scan all ok, no sign of subchorionic haem. At 8.5 weeks bled (red) through clothes) followed by spotting for a few days. Further scan revealed still no subch haem, found no cause of bleeding, but now have cyst on umbilical cord. Obs advised me to continue working from home (still no activity - bending/walking/standing/straining/sex etc allowed).

Quick check at nearly 10 weeks showed bubs still going strong.

Now i'm 10 weeks 5 days, still feel very PG and confident re the PG. Wanted to tell this story for all those who are having spotting/bleeding. It's very scary, but sometimes I think it's good because it makes sure you rest.

I'm allowed back into work for a few days this week, and have been advised to continue doing nothing till 12 weeks (not long now!). Not quite sure how much I'll be allowed to do after 12 weeks. I sympathise with everyone on bed rest, I didn't realise how nice it was to be able to pop down to the shops & just pick up some heavy food haha!

Good luck for everyone in here
    Belfie

Belfie - I too had a subchoronic haematomma with my pregnancy with my son Lachlan and he turned out just fine. Terrible what I went thru though as he was my worst pregnancy by far and who would have thought he would be here today. I was put to bed rest for a number of weeks ie: 12 weeks to 15ish weeks and I have that to thank for, for my son being here today. Thanks for sharing your story and gl. I posted mine in this thread a bit back.

MrsFranks Guest

Default Bleeding has increased

Hello - this is my first post anywhere ever. I'm frustrated b/c I am bleeding quite heavily after just having found out on Fri that I'm pregnant (I was at Day 27 of my cycle - had a bold line straight away).

The reason I took the pregnancy test is b/c I have been here twice before - two failed pregnancy last year, each included period-like bleeding around when I expected my period. The first experience blew me away: saw the primitive heartbeat at 6 wks - then went in for my 10 wk and my ob couldn't find the heartbeat. It was a missed miscarriage. Second experience she couldn't determine if it was ectopic or miscarriage b/c m my hcg levels never got about 700. Had 2 shots of methotrexate.

The bleeding started out on Mon (about 10 dpo) and was very brownish and minimal for about 3 days. On Thurs turned bright red - light for 2 days. Then last night it started to get a lot heavier - and slightly crampy/bloated/gassy feeling this morning. No real clots - just blood.

So here I am...trying not to fret. I'd had blood drawn Thurs for other issues - they're going to test that blood and had it drawn Sat - they're going to test for hcg and progesterone levels.

I have hope but feel cautious as well. My first pregnancy with my daughter Mim went so smoothly...and life with her is joyful.
    [/FONT]

Big hugs Mrs Franks. I feel for you and hope that your results come back ok. Have they thought about putting you on progesterone?

My Story -
    I fell pg with my first child back in 1991, no complications, no spotting or bleeding just a normal, average pregnancy, after fertility treatment and three years of TTC, I finally fell pg with my second child in 1996. When I was about 8w pg, I began to have some light spotting, I panicked, it had taken three years to fall pg, i didn't want to lose my baby, a friend took me to the doctor, who advised to rest, the following day there was no spotting, but the day after i had more spotting. I immediately gave up work and took to bed rest. The spotting continued for about a week then stopped. I gave birth to a healthy son in 1997.
    After TTC for the following ten years, sometimes with clomid (we never tried IVF as we decided we had two healthy children and if it wasn't to be, we wouldn't have anymore), having tubes unblocked, finding out i have pcos and endo I fell pg in 2007. Again at 8w,(Thurs) i began to spot and thought, this is just like the last time, i rested but decided i wouldn't give up work, just take it easy as i could. My eldest is now 15 and telling him what was going on, he was able to help out a lot (he had finished year 10, except for a few tests so was able to be at home most of the time). On the second day (Fri), the spotting seemed a little heavier and i went to the local emergency dept. at the hospital, they ran blood tests and did an ultrasound which showed up the baby's heartbeat and also showed the baby was the size of a 6W (it should have been 8W), the couldn't tell me which way it would go and advised to go home and rest. The following day (sat), I stayed in bed all day. Sunday morning i woke up early with heavier bleeding and back pain, i woke up DH who took me down to the hospital which is only a 2min drive away, within 5 minutes I had been triaged and given a room, only minutes later i had a huge bleed (lots of blood on the floor and right through my clothes, at this stage i knew my baby had gone. The doctors and nurses were wonderful (we had come in just as shift was changing. I spent all day in emergency, had another ultrasound which showed what we already knew, there was nothing left and sent to a ward for the night - typically the only bed left was in maternity although they did give me a private room the opposite end to the mothers with new babies. The staff on were also wonderful, one of the sitting with me in the middle of the night when i couldn't sleep.

Big hugs mollycat. You have been thru so much.....

Hi girls, just wanted to check in a let everyone know that after my rough start and weeks and weeks of bed rest only, I am now 15 weeks. Still not in the all clear and unable to excerise, DTD etc, but no BLOOD. I have got out of the house a few times lately and the kids are a bit more human after being cooped up for so long. Just want people to know that you can make it, I have done it 4 times now, it does'nt get any easier and I doubt I will ever fully relax, but if that's what it takes?????????!!!!!!.........

gr8 news pam, so pleased for you.

swapna Guest

Default spotting in 6th week

Hi
    Nice to see this thread where pregnancy problems can be freely shared.I am pregnant for abt 6.5 weeks now.3-4 days earlier I detected small stains of blood in my panties at night.Immediately I Called My doc. who gave me an injection of Hydrxyprogesterone hexanoate and advised me complete bed rest.Bleeding stopped immediately. Next day One more injection of Chorionic was given to me and then i got examined by abdominal U/S, in which the amniotic sac was clearly visible and appeared to be quite intact but the cardiac activity of the baby could not be detected.Doc advised trans vaginal sonography but i was too scared so refused to get examined internally.Then she advised abdominal U/S after 7 weeks.Now i am eagerly waiting to complete my 7th week to know the status of my baby. will it be OK? I am taking complete bed rest and did not bleed after that particular incident.I am continuing with some harmonal pills which doc had prescribed earlier.This is my second pegnancy after a gap of 9 years. i never had any miscarriage or any other gyno problem.
    Regards
    Swapna
    Last edited by swapna; March 22nd, 2008 at 01:44 AM.

CaitlinsMummy Guest

Default bleeding - week 8

Hello

I thought I'd share my own lil story. Umm..With pregnancy number 1 i had absolutely no problems what so ever. I had a normal delivery with a very healthy baby girl pregnancy number 2 which was with my current bf unfortunately was much different. We tried for 5 months. when i found out i ws pregnant we were overjoyed. I thought it would be the same as last time i thought id sail through it but i started bleeding at 11 weeks. because it was 4am I phoned an on call doctor who told me it was probably because i'd had intercourse the night before but i should still go for a u/s. we went first thing in the morning, clinging onto a tiny bit of hope only to find out that our baby died at 5 weeks. the sac was normal sized but was jagged on one side. I tried to wait it out but lasted only 2 days before i ws admitted to hospital. i had a D&C the day after. we tried again and i got pregnant the third month after the mc. we went for a scan when i thought i was 7 weeks but was told the sac was empty the lady told us not to worry too much because it ws probably too early to see anything anyway and to come back in a week. i went back 2 weeks later to find out i was only 7 weeks (5 weeks at first scan obvs) and the sac was still empty. we were devastated. she told us to go back in 5-7 days or whenever i felt ready. we asked if there was a chance our baby was there..she told us she won't say no because they can't be sure just yet but we had to understand that there was a small chance of there being a baby there the next time. that was the 13th march. i decided to wait 2 weeks, trying to get ready for this m/c but holding onto that small chance something could be there. unfortunately i started bleeding 2 nights ago. it was brown mucousy stuff at first and stopped after a few hours but the day after it was red, not flowing but there when i wiped. it stopped again last night but started again this morning. i'm so confused, last time it started almost straight away, was heavy, unbearbably painful and never stopped. I can't go to a doctor or BEP clinic because of good friday and the bank holiday and i was told to go to A&E if it got too bad but right now there is no pain and only light on and off bleeding so i'm going to wait until tuesday. I'm as prepared as I can be in case I am miscarrying and people may think i'm silly for holding on to a shred of hope when everything is against me (empty sac especially) but for me it's worth it. all of the stories here both happy and sad are inspiring reads and i'm so glad so many women go on to have healthy babies. Your stories reinforce my hope. To the ladies who go on to miscarry, i'm so sorry for your loss be strong and may your future babies be perfect. Thanks for sharing your experiences

CaitysMum

Quote Originally Posted by swapna View Post
    Hi
    Nice to see this thread where pregnancy problems can be freely shared.I am pregnant for abt 6.5 weeks now.3-4 days earlier I detected small stains of blood in my panties at night.Immediately I Called My doc. who gave me an injection of Hydrxyprogesterone hexanoate and advised me complete bed rest.Bleeding stopped immediately. Next day One more injection of Chorionic was given to me and then i got examined by abdominal U/S, in which the amniotic sac was clearly visible and appeared to be quite intact but the cardiac activity of the baby could not be detected.Doc advised trans vaginal sonography but i was too scared so refused to get examined internally.Then she advised abdominal U/S after 7 weeks.Now i am eagerly waiting to complete my 7th week to know the status of my baby. will it be OK? I am taking complete bed rest and did not bleed after that particular incident.I am continuing with some harmonal pills which doc had prescribed earlier.This is my second pegnancy after a gap of 9 years. i never had any miscarriage or any other gyno problem.
    Regards
    Swapna
    There should have been cardiac activity in your 6th week, but then you may not have been that far either??? Guess the next scan will tell you whether all was ok. Never heard of the injections you had either. I have had numerous m/c's and never been offered those... GL at your next scan.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinsMummy View Post
    Hello

I thought I'd share my own lil story. Umm..With pregnancy number 1 i had absolutely no problems what so ever. I had a normal delivery with a very healthy baby girl pregnancy number 2 which was with my current bf unfortunately was much different. We tried for 5 months. when i found out i ws pregnant we were overjoyed. I thought it would be the same as last time i thought id sail through it but i started bleeding at 11 weeks. because it was 4am I phoned an on call doctor who told me it was probably because i'd had intercourse the night before but i should still go for a u/s. we went first thing in the morning, clinging onto a tiny bit of hope only to find out that our baby died at 5 weeks. the sac was normal sized but was jagged on one side. I tried to wait it out but lasted only 2 days before i ws admitted to hospital. i had a D&C the day after. we tried again and i got pregnant the third month after the mc. we went for a scan when i thought i was 7 weeks but was told the sac was empty the lady told us not to worry too much because it ws probably too early to see anything anyway and to come back in a week. i went back 2 weeks later to find out i was only 7 weeks (5 weeks at first scan obvs) and the sac was still empty. we were devastated. she told us to go back in 5-7 days or whenever i felt ready. we asked if there was a chance our baby was there..she told us she won't say no because they can't be sure just yet but we had to understand that there was a small chance of there being a baby there the next time. that was the 13th march. i decided to wait 2 weeks, trying to get ready for this m/c but holding onto that small chance something could be there. unfortunately i started bleeding 2 nights ago. it was brown mucousy stuff at first and stopped after a few hours but the day after it was red, not flowing but there when i wiped. it stopped again last night but started again this morning. i'm so confused, last time it started almost straight away, was heavy, unbearbably painful and never stopped. I can't go to a doctor or BEP clinic because of good friday and the bank holiday and i was told to go to A&E if it got too bad but right now there is no pain and only light on and off bleeding so i'm going to wait until tuesday. I'm as prepared as I can be in case I am miscarrying and people may think i'm silly for holding on to a shred of hope when everything is against me (empty sac especially) but for me it's worth it. all of the stories here both happy and sad are inspiring reads and i'm so glad so many women go on to have healthy babies. Your stories reinforce my hope. To the ladies who go on to miscarry, i'm so sorry for your loss be strong and may your future babies be perfect. Thanks for sharing your experiences

CaitysMum

Good on you for holding onto hope. I believe every pregnancy m/c or not is different. I have had bleeding and no bleeding with m/c's, so you can never 2nd guess your body. GL.

CaitlinsMummy Guest

Unhappy

Thanks

Had a bigger bleed today. it was brief with minor cramping so i'm thinking maybe the m/c is just starting? i don't know, everything is different from my last m/c and it's so frustrating not knowing what's happening. i just really hope if it's happening now that it's not as bad as last time because i don't want my daughter to see me go through that pain again. thanks for wishing me luck. will be in BEP clinic as soon as it opens tuesday!

Hi Swapna
    I am surprised your dr gave you hormones esp after a sort and small bleed. Many many people spot on and off in the first few months of pregnancy and end up with very healthy pregnancies. I had bleeding everyday for the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy and I am now up to 16 weeks. I did have 2 weeks bed rest between weeks 6-8 when I passed a big clot and bled more than spotting. Don't be afraid of the internal scan...I lived for these and found them a great relief in the early stages when a tummy scan could not pick up enough. Good luck.

swapna Guest

Default cardiac activity detected!!

Thanks to all 0f u specially to dear Bliss and Shreejoy for their fantastic responses which wre quite soothing and gave me lot of courage.yesterday after completing my 7th week I got my U/S done and thank God my little one was appearing on U/S screen like a little dot and yes!!! cardiac activity was PRESENTWe all (my hubby n my 9 yr old daughter) were extremely happy as earlierfor 7 long days each one of us was consoling each other.. specially my daughter Aishwarya (She was also troubling me with lot of questions which were difficult to explain).Everything seems be to be OK now but my doc has strictlyt old me to continue my bedrest and we'll have another Exam after 15 days.All medicines will continue and HCG shots have been prescribed twice a week.I am taking complete bedrest which although is very boring but at times quite entertaining to see my hubby( a Police Officer) dancing on my tunes.
    Bye....see u after 15 days
    Swapna

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast