Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #2

Hi Neo,
    You sound really worried, so I thought I'd let you know that I used to have breakthrough bleeding, or spotting, whilst on the pill. At first, I was worried, so contactd my GP. They tested me for chlamydia (negative), so I never really had an explaination for it. I was pregnant recently, and also had what could be described as implantation bleeding, but it was just normal spotting for me and I didnt worry too much. My best advice would be to ask your gf to see her GP just to check that everything is OK.
    HTH,
    C

Question

Hi Everyone. I am five weeks and five days pregnant. Last weekend I started having streaky mucous. Monday morning I woke up at about 5.30am in the morning with cramps (not severe but enough to make me uncomfortable) and I had light bleeding enough to stain a pad. The bleeding stopped Tuesday afternoon. I had a little bleeding around midday on Wednesday and since then the occasional bit of blood when I wipe. I have no idea if I am still pregnant. I haven't had a blood test yet, as when I went to the doctor last week I got a negative in his test ( drank too much water) and he said to wait a week before having my blood test. I have tested several times since then and got strong positives each time. I have no idea if I am still pregnant as I didn't have tender breasts and only slight nauseua. Though I can't seem to handle perfume any more. What do you think?

Go and have a blood test honey, waiting a week sounds absurd to me. They are more accurate then POS and will show you results now, doesn't make sense to me to wait a week. GL honey.

I meant to say that when I first went to the doctor (this is before the bleeding) he said to wait a week before having a blood test. However things have now changed since I had the bleeding. I am going to make an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow morning and go and get a blood test regardless I think.

Sorry the only reason I was saying that, was because my urine tests always came back at negative and the only way of confirming for accurately was a blood test.

The doctor said I should wait so I could allow the hormone to increase. He said to test mid week but I have been away on holiday so it wasn't possible.

You should be getting your hcg level rise evaluated. But you need a starting point, so a blood test to confirm pregnancy, see the level and do them every so many days after to see the levels rising. Hope I am making sense. That is why I don't understand the doctor saying to wait, cause atleast the first test would have shown you were pregnant and given you a starting point.

I know. I felt the same way but decided to wait. I wish I hadn't waited now.

Well I got my first test back today and it was a positive. I go back on Wednesday for another. My doctor said that it sounds like I am still pregnant because my bleeding was light and there was no clots. So fingers crossed.

GL Miss lightning. I feel for you. I have experienced bleeding in all of my pregnancies so far. I have regularly had HCG levels tested. They are a gr8 indication but you should not always accept because they re rising everything is ok. Lots of people have told me that and that scans are more accurate. But in my experience the HCG levels were always a good indication.

This is my history to date:

1st pregnancy - brown discharge - pregnancy ended in M/C (twins)
    2nd pregnancy - brown and red discharge from 5-8 weeks, then started again at 11 weeks. At 11 1/2 weeks I woke in a pool of red blood and passed a clot the size of my palm and as thick as my thumb and I was cramping. I was in hospital for a couple of nights. This was my successful pregnancy. I stopped discharging at 15 weeks.
    3rd pregnancy - no discharge until 8.5 weeks when I had a stab in my guts that took my breathe away and lasted for only a few seconds and I instantly started discharging brown (only slight) - pregnancy ended in M/C (twins)
    4th pregnancy - I discharged brown and slight red from 5 to 9ish weeks and have been fine ever since and now I am 17 weeks pregnant.

So bascially all can be just fine, but it is very worrying all the same. GL with your next lot of levels. You are just looking for a nice rise, preferrably doubling every 48 hours.

Well I woke up this morning with a dull ache in my left side which has persisted all day. Then this afternoon I started light bleeding again. I mentioned the ache to my doctor he said to monitor it. I have another blood test tomorrow and then a doctors appointment on Thursday afternoon.

Miss Lightning, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your blood test. Sending tonnes of sticky vibes!

I had bright red bleeding (quite heavy too) for one night when I was 9 weeks PG with DD. I thought it was all over as I had a m/c the year before at 10 weeks so I thought it was all happening again!

Needless to say all turned out well & I have a healthy 2 1/2 yr old now.

I pray this will be the same for you.... all turning out well.

Please let us know how you go. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Hi everyone - I suffered from bleeding early on in my pregnancy. I was 8 weeks at the time, a quiet saturday afternoon, I started to get a little cramping which I ignored unitl it became more frequent and more severe in an hour or so. I felt a little uncomfortable and went to the bathroom notcing a large amount of blood, dark in colour. I alerted my fiance and he called for an ambulance. I was observed and checked over and monitored for a period of 9hours, they scanned me twice, the first time they could not see a heart beat...devastating!! The second scan, they found a heart beat and the baby finnnnnaaallllllllyyyyyyy appeared fine. The bleeding was left unexplained and I was given the all clear and continued with a healthy pregnancy. This incident was a huge wake up call to me though, from that day foward, I took extra care of myself and limited myself at work (i work in childcare so alot of lifting is involved...and alot of stress). I think I was trying to do too much. So to all of you preggy mummys...take it easy, accept help and do half of what you think you can do!!!!

Well, after more bleeding and then heavy bleeding and passing a large clot on Sunday, I am now at home on bed rest for the week. The scan showed the baby is doing great, though I have a clot, so just need to take it easy. 8 weeks on Saturday and cant wait for these next few weeks to fly past so that the baby is at less risk of the clot causing trouble. Argghhh.
    B

Bliss, thats great to hear all is well with bubs. Make sure you get plenty of rest.

Hi everyone, I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant I have had discolouration that has turned from dark to bright back to dark again, it is only when I wipe after the loo.
    I have 3 children and 6MC's.

With DD 15 I had enough bleeding to believe that I had had a strange light period so had no idea until I was 3months that I was BFP, I continued to have spooting right through the pregnancy.

Next pregnancy no bleeding that I can recall, went for my 12 week US to find the baby had died and went on to have a D&C.

Next pregnancy blighted ovum, had spotting strecky discharge dark brown old, had a D&C at 8weeks.

Next pregnancy had light spotting various colours, went to my 12 weeks US to find the baby had died at 10 weeks went and had a D&C next day.

Pregnancy DS3 had spotting light bleeding all first trimester, OB gave us an equal chance of pregnancy continueing, as you can see he did. When he was born his placenta had extra lobes where it had torn away and reattatched itself. It is amazing how the body can repair itself.

Pregnancy DD2 I fell pregnant with DD when DS was 5 months old, not the plan!!! I had spotting/bleeding from the word go, but there was something inside me that knew the baby would make it. I had a US at 6.4 weeks showed bleeding, 8weeks showed the placenta had blood underneath it I was told to rest, difficult with a young baby. I went for my next US at 12 weeks a limited morf test was completed due to the large area of sub choronic hem. When I read the US report now they believed there was no way this baby was going to make it. I left the room so afraid, I was back at hospital ED at 14 weeks with severe cramping and blood loss, scan showed a baby who had a good HB and was active, I was told to go home and rest and come back at 17 weeks for another scan. Next scan showed that this massive tear had completely healed and I went on to have a hassle free pregnancy. Placenta had a huge extra lobe where it had regrown.

So in preparation for this pregnancy we went to see FS to determine if the same thing would happen again. In theroy there is no reason why it should although they did discover that my cycle was 21 days instead of 28 days, he felt sure that this was my problem and if we corrected that I would be OK!!!

Since then I have had 3 early MC's which have been put down to my age and the eggs being doodgey, which I accept is the case.
    Now I find myself problem corrected pregnant with signs of bleeding. But feel that is a healthy one because I think I would have lost it by now, but vey uneasy about the signs of bleeding that I was sure I would'nt have this time. I have requested heaps of BT which have been increasing at a great rate, have had an early US which showed a sac and a baby measuring the correct size and I am on progesterone pessaries which are working well. I am a success story, but unable to relax because it is so easy for it all to go wrong. I feel I can't excerise, lift, DTD and it is a bit depressing I hope things go well but it is touture this waiting game. If things don't go well I definately will not be going back, it is way to hard emotionally and phyiscally. Sorry about th eessay but if someone finds something in this for them I will be very happy. Good luck to you all!!!!

Wow pam what an ordeal. You poor thing!

I too have had a subchoronic haemaragghe (sub H) and he is my only surviving baby so far. From what I have read their are more good success stories out of Sub H then bad, amazingly. I woke in a pool of red blood at 11ish weeks and passed a clot the size of my palm and as thick as my thumb. All scans that I had prior to 11 weeks (4 I think) showed the sub H.

I understand you still being anxious, as really blood can and can't be good, but you can never 2nd guess your body unfortunately. I really hope this pregnancy for you is successful, I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

I had bleeding when i was 12 weeks. It happened after my partner and i had intercourse. I went to the bathroom and had 2 big gushes of blood and pain. I thought for sure i was having a m/c. My partner called an ambo he felt so bad he was blaming himself.We waited all night at the hospital holding hands hoping our baby was still alive.. til the morning we had an ultrasound and there was a heartbeat!!! : )

The pregnancy wasnt planned, and i still believe to this day, i had a decision wether i wanted the baby or not.... and i chose to... i wanted it so much...

My DS is now 6 months old. He makes me so so happy!!

Please be positive anyone who is bleeding...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast