Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #3

hey every 1, been reading all your posts .. and like every 1 else i thinks it fab x

i was just wandering if any 1 could help me..

i have really ireggular periods .. like really , the last time i was on was before christmas, well and a little bit in january !! any ways me and my boyfriend have been kind of trying for a baby, nothing to serious yet just having abit of fun and if it happens it happens.

ANY WAYS .. last week my boobs started getting sore, few stomach cramps, pain in my upper tummy, feeling really tired etc started to kick in by the end of the week i couldn't walk i was in so much pain - and no period came - not that there regular any ways, so i was kind of thinking maybe i might be pregnant.. i was waiting for my bf to come home friday to buy me few tests, but yesterday i came on my period, well i think it is, its heavy with few clumps but normaly once im on all the pain goes away the same day if you no what i mean. this hasnt. im still in so much pain ive never had cramps and back ache like this before and ive been needing wee every half hour?? does any one think i could actualy be pregant, or has this happened to any 1? i no i need a test but waiting for bf to get home fri!!

please will some 1 get back to me soon im bit scared !

to every 1 else hope every thing goes well to those of you with healthy pregnancies, to those who have lost any lil angels .. i send my love xx

Default A little bit of hope.

It's something else. That's for sure.

I've actually been sitting here, for I dunno about 3 hours reading posts on this forum all the way back to 2006. Honestly, looking for some sort of hope, luck... really anything at this point.

I was 7 days late for my period *yay*. (This being sunday) Then I finally took that extra step to take a pregnancy test. I can say I actually "felt" pregnant, so the bfp wasn't a shock. Still took another test. So with 2 positives, and a great pregnant feeling I booked an app with my doc for the following Friday. (seemed like forever away) Now two days later (tuesday night) I went pee, noticing bright red blood, and a little clot. I essentially ignored it thinking it's nothing it will go away. The bleeding continued. It's not HEAVY, but it's constant, always there sort of thing. It's always bright red, fresh blood.

So this being my first pregnancy I'm obviously scared, and after bleeding throughout the night I went to a clinic to have examination done. The doctor told me that anything is possible, miscarriage is 50/50 and nothing is said and stone and the only thing that can be done is tests. So it's essentianlly a waiting game. (damn I hate those).

Basically.. the doctor said because my cervix isn't open that is a good sign. Took one blood test that will determine my HGC levels, and have to go back in 48 hrs for another to see if it's gone up. I don't really "feel" pregnant anymore to be honest. Constantly freaking out and scared. I really hope I still have this baby. It's all I truly want.

It's Wednesday night, still bleeding, wearing a pad, not soaking the pad again it's not heavy but constant. Now after I went for the examination I did pass a clot, probably the size of a Dollar, or large coin.. depending where you are from! Haha. I don't have any painful cramps just a slight "pushing" feeling on my abdomen. Oh man am I scared.

Candice,

I had bleeding in three of my pregnacies two of which where right after I had a positive pregnancy test so I was around 4 weeks and my daughter is now 11 months and I am currently almost 18 weeks pregnant and all is ok. The bleeding was light but red and lasted 4 days. The other pregnancy I had bleeding at just after 11 weeks and I was passing at first small clots with no pain then by the forth day I had slight pain and the clots becam bigger and unfortunately my baby had passed away.
    You see bleeding in pregnancy is scary as we all know it can go either way but no matter what happens it is still your little baby inside you so enjoy every moment no matter how long you may have. Remember your cervix is still closed and that is a really good sign!
    I have everything crossed for you take care and rest up.
    Stick little bubba for your mummy.

Thank you so much Cherie!

Having someone respond to that just made my night, so many thoughts. No one really to talk to about this situation.

It's very inspiring to hear so many stories about woman who have/are going through the same thing. Honestly seeing blood when being pregnant, the only thing that came to my mind was miscarriage, I am so scared!

For now I essentially just have to wait it out, hopefully everything ends up for the better. I am a true believer in things being "meant to be." I just sucks when you really really want something and you can't help but think it's going completely wrong.

Thank you so much for your response

Default help please!!!

hey everyone
    my name is becky and i hoping that someone will be able to give me a little bit of info..i recently found out hat i am 7wks pregnant and am very scared as i am bleeding a little more than i do when i ave a period. at th moment im not in any pain at all but do feel a little sick and get some pains but its hardly anything.
    i avent seen a midwife yet as they wont come til i am 12wks gon, ive been to see that doctor and they just tell me not to panic but dont give me any ideas as to what is going on and if everything is ok???

i hope that someone can help me even a little bit as i am very scared and cant stop thinking about whats going on
    thanks
    becky xxx

Hi Everyone,

Its good (and sometimes sad) to read all these stories at least I don't feel so alone now!

I am currently 6w 5d with my first pg and as I am a 1st time mum i don't know what to expect! I had been spotting for the previous week so i was booked in for an u/s at 5w 6d. Everything looked fine at that stage. 2 days ago i had a small bleed and today went to the docs to book in for another u/s. Hoping everything is ok.

Wishing everyone the best with their pg

so ive just had a solid week of heavy and clotted bleeding and just had 3 days of no bleeding.But i just started spotting an hour ago ive had scans and everything is good tiger is staying strong but i still cant believe bleeding thats heavier than a period is normal im so anxious and i dont want another week of solid bleeding. I'm just so anxious at the moment gah!

Shan26 Guest

Going for u/s tomorrow for bleeding, fingers crossed
    Last edited by Shan26; May 24th, 2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Change of heart

Hi all, i was just looking on the net for any information i could find on bleeding during pregnancy and i found this site and this forum and i think it is brilliant.
    I am pregnant with my first 6w5d and i have had some bleeding since saturday. I spoke to a midwife on sat arvo and was told to come into the docs. Went in and she said it was no use doing an U/S coz it was so early and she reassured me that everything would be ok and that i just rest up. The bleeding eased up a little that night but the next day got heavy again. I rang the midwife again and she spoke to my dr and i am having BHCG blood test and U/S on wednesday. I was so worried at not knowing what was happening and not knowing what to expect being my first pg.
    I just want to say that this forum has really helped to put my mind at ease to see that a similar situation happens to so many other women who go on to have healthy pregnancies.
    Once again thankyou and i look forward to using this site for other things throughout my pregnancy.

hey eliselouise85
    welcome to BB
    i had a similar thing very heavy bleeding @ 6 weeks but i had an u/s
    everything was good but still it isnt to early for a u/s maybe the hospital/ midwife have regulations they follow.
    Also rest is essential rest up have lots of water and dont stress. Stress is the worst thing for a growing bub
    i hope everything is ok and this is a sticky bub
    best of lucky
    and

ok so this morning i went to the toilet and wiped and i had pink/red watery bleeding, everytime i have wiped since i have had the same colour and the amount varies. I am 6 weeks today and very anxious. I called my midwife who said to rest and if cramping gets bad or bleeding gets worse to go to the hospital. She then said it can go one of 2 ways the baby can be fine or you could lose it. I AM SO SCARED. i also have nasty backpain and a really tight feeling abdo
    Last edited by ttcanxiety; June 13th, 2009 at 04:18 PM.

Default Bleeding that never seems to stop.

I am so pleased to find this thread and instead of writing reports for work I have spent the past few hours reading every post on bleeding in pregnancy. What amazes me is that even with the women who bleed no two experiences are the same. I was SO hoping to find an experience exactly like mine and say "Oh phew, everything will be fine" but then I realised that even if I did find an identical experience (which I didn't) it would be impossible to predict the exact same outcome.

I have 2 children - I didn't bleed at all in my first pregnancy but had some spotting during my second pregnancy (I was hospitalised from 7 to 9 weeks with the flu and gastro and it was put down to this) which freaked me out at the time but was nothing compared to this!

I went to my GP last Saturday to investigate the possibility of something sinister going on because my usually short period (2 to 4 days) had been going on for 10 days. It wasn't like my usual period in any way - longer, heavier, no clotty blood but just pink, mucousy blood. The first thing my GP suggested was doing a pregnancy test. I have VERY irregular cycles (28 days, 49 days, 38 days) and pregnancy hadn't even occured to me but I agreed and it came up positive. Not quick and dark but not that faint either. He took bloods and arranged an u/s for Monday (a week ago). The u/s found no evidence of a pregnancy and I assumed the extended bleeding was a miscarriage - although no cramping and no clots. However my hCG levels came back at 142 - higher than expected at day 10 of a miscarriage so my GP re-did the bloods the following day. They came back at 259. So they hadn't doubled in 3 days (as I have heard suggested that they should) but they had risen and I was now on day 13 of the bleeding.

When I say bleeding I mean constant, 6+ pads a day when normally I barely need sanitary protection during a period after the first day. It's worse when I'm active and doesn't tend to occur overnight.

Anyway, I had another hCG done on Friday and again it had risen. Again it hadn't doubled but was up to 389. Due to the irregularity of my period we can only guess how far along I might be and we assumed given my LMP was April 28 I would be 6+ weeks. The final hCG level would indicate more likely 4-5 weeks which would explain why nothing was seen on the u/s.

So now I'm sitting tight until next Friday. That is 6 days away and I have no idea how I will wait that long. If hCG levels have gone up again then we will organise another u/s. At this point my GP is assuming a viable pregnancy (I hate that term - so medical) due to the increasing hCG levels but no one can explain what is now 18 days of straight bleeding which is not getting lighter - if anything it's getting heavier.

I have had no knowledge of hCG levels or need for early scans in either of my previous pregnancies. This is all new and scary territory. At first I thought if my levels had gone up for the second test I would get excited and assume everything was ok but then it was last Friday's test and even now I can't feel certain of anything. I know in any pregnancy there is no certainty but I never worried like this with my pregnancies where I didn't bleed. The constant, relentless bleeding is so tiring - both physically (I have chronically low iron levels so it's not helping there) and emotionally and is a reminder of the fragility of early pregnancy that I didn't havewith my previous bubbas.

Hey Mummy of two
    I had a similar thing I had a bfn hpt then a faint positive did my bloods same thing happened
    had a u/s and it was inconclusive
    then had one again a few days later and they found a heartbeat
    but i bled and bled and bled reaaaaaaally heavy
    but then it eased up a bit
    i really really really hope everything is ok
    and you have a strong sticky bub growing in there

pregnanterin Guest

Unhappy Worried

removed
    Last edited by pregnanterin; June 17th, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

pregnanterin Guest

Unhappy Worried

removed

pregnanterin Guest

removed

I want to thank everyone who's shared their stories - I think they've really helped explain a few questions that I've been having. Maybe I can share a couple of experiences that might help others.

With my first pregnancy, I tested the day that I was due for AF and had the faintest of lines. Barely noticeable but definitely there. I did eventually start bleeding a week later, bright red, complete with clots and painful cramps, which unfortunately resulted from an early miscarriage.

I'm now pregnant again and at 12 weeks I had another scare with bleeding. It was equivalent to a light period, but it was a rusty to brown colour and slightly watery. It happened to be during my first appointment with my midwife, of all days. She stole a spare ultrasound room and grabbed a free sonographer to give me a quick scan, to find baby fine with a strong heartbeat. She did ask me when I last had DTD. Much to my embarrassment I recalled that our over-excitement resulted in poor soft cervix copping it quite a fair bit . The bleeding turned into eventual spotting and dissapeared over the next couple of days. At no time did I experience cramping or any negative vibes. I guess the ultrasound calmed me down, and I'm confident everything is ok now.

ttcanxiety - How did your scan go? Is everything fine?

I am 9 weeks pregnant now, I had spotting early on which lasted only a few days & now its back again. Grrrr!! Makes me so nervous. However after reading everyone's stories, & experiencing similar with my first pregnancy, I am keeping positive!! All the best to you all.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast