Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #3

Quote Originally Posted by MadsMum View Post
    ttcanxiety - How did your scan go? Is everything fine?

I am 9 weeks pregnant now, I had spotting early on which lasted only a few days & now its back again. Grrrr!! Makes me so nervous. However after reading everyone's stories, & experiencing similar with my first pregnancy, I am keeping positive!! All the best to you all.
    Everything was fine, bub measured a day further along then my dates, 7mm, hb of 120 6 weeks and 3 days at the time!

Just to update........

My bleeding did result in a miscarriage It happened somewhere between my post (a day after my last high hCG test) and a few days later. That blood test showed that my hCG levels had dramatically plummeted to 16 - interestingly however my bleeding had not slowed, increase, or changed in any way and still no cramps or clots. This little bubba was just not meant to join us.

I had my final blood test a few days ago and my hCG levels are back to 1.

What I have found the hardest is telling my parents and my sister. Upon revealing what we had been through when I found out that at some point my bleeding had resulted in a miscarriage my sister chose the next breath to announce that she was pregnant.......as far along as I would have been with a baby due a few days after ours would have been. Watching her pregnancy progress and seeing her bubba born and wondering about ours will be tough........

Default i need help.

hey im caz im 16 years old and i think i might be pregnant.
    the last period i had was on the 28th May 2009 and i had sex for the first time on the 22 of June. im sorry if this is going to be too much detail but i really need some help. when i had sex we used a condom but the guy didnt cum inside of me. and after wiping the cum off of myself i noticed that my vagina felt a bit weird and i thought i might be bleeding so i put my hand down there and felt around and noticed that i wasnt bleeding but i did put my fingers with cum on them inside of me. i have been feeling really sick lately, always need to go to the bathroom and feel really really tired, also just generally around my stomach and stuff just feels weird. im 6 days late on my period but their not normally very regular so i dont know. im bleeding a bit today but its not like normal period blood its a dark brown and there doesnt seem to be anywhere near as much as there should be. im really really worried and im wondering if anyone can give me a sure fire way of knowing if i am pregnant ? i havent taken a pregnancy test yet and i know that they arent always right. please please help if you can. and im sorry if that was too much detail. :/

Default Am I pregnant?

Hi, I'm Angel.
    I had my last regular period with cramping and everything starting on March 20.
    On April 1 I had sex with my boyfriend. (We actually broke up the next day.)
    Soon after, I started having pregnancy symptoms.
    I was nauseous, sometimes to the point of not wanting to eat anything. Tired all the time, sore boobs, I went up a cup size,I was peeing every hour, I was ravenously hungry, I was constipated, I had heartburn, and I was two weeks late.
    On April 24th, I took two pregnancy tests. One came out positive, and I was too excited to check the other one. When I checked it a couple hours later, it had a postitive, and I know results after a certain point are unreliable.
    Anyway, a couple hours later, I started bleeding, period like bleeding. The only difference is it was light, and I had no cramps (I usually have cramps.) It lasted only two days.
    That Monday, I went to the obgyn. I took a urine test there, and it came out negative. Now the thing is, to get the positive on the other test, I had to use the first mornings urine and wait a couple of minutes. The test at the doctors was like the 5th time I had gone that morning, and I hadn't thought about it and went before I left, so I wasn't able to pee much. (Sorry if tmi). The nurse also only waited a minute to check it.

Anyways, after that, I was too scared to ask for a blood test.
    I've bled every month since that. It's period like bleeding, except it's lighter, shorter, and I have had NO cramps whatosever, which is weird for me.

At what would of been about 12 weeks, most of the symptoms went away, except I'm still hungry, and tired.

I again had sex with my ex around May 24.

Lately, I've been nauseous again. I've been incredibly tired. And today, I was seriously going to the bathroom every hour. I've been very hungry again. I've been incredibly moody.

I've been gaining weight, and I've been bloated. I'm overweight as it is, but I swear my belly has been swelling up.

I'm going to take another pregnancy test tomorrow, but I was just wondering, what do you think the chance I'm pregnant is? Do you have your own personal stories to share?

Thanks,
    Angel

Quote Originally Posted by MummyofTwo View Post
    Just to update........

My bleeding did result in a miscarriage It happened somewhere between my post (a day after my last high hCG test) and a few days later. That blood test showed that my hCG levels had dramatically plummeted to 16 - interestingly however my bleeding had not slowed, increase, or changed in any way and still no cramps or clots. This little bubba was just not meant to join us.

I had my final blood test a few days ago and my hCG levels are back to 1.

What I have found the hardest is telling my parents and my sister. Upon revealing what we had been through when I found out that at some point my bleeding had resulted in a miscarriage my sister chose the next breath to announce that she was pregnant.......as far along as I would have been with a baby due a few days after ours would have been. Watching her pregnancy progress and seeing her bubba born and wondering about ours will be tough........
    I am very sorry for your loss!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelsco View Post
    Hi, I'm Angel.
    I had my last regular period with cramping and everything starting on March 20.
    On April 1 I had sex with my boyfriend. (We actually broke up the next day.)
    Soon after, I started having pregnancy symptoms.
    I was nauseous, sometimes to the point of not wanting to eat anything. Tired all the time, sore boobs, I went up a cup size,I was peeing every hour, I was ravenously hungry, I was constipated, I had heartburn, and I was two weeks late.
    On April 24th, I took two pregnancy tests. One came out positive, and I was too excited to check the other one. When I checked it a couple hours later, it had a postitive, and I know results after a certain point are unreliable.
    Anyway, a couple hours later, I started bleeding, period like bleeding. The only difference is it was light, and I had no cramps (I usually have cramps.) It lasted only two days.
    That Monday, I went to the obgyn. I took a urine test there, and it came out negative. Now the thing is, to get the positive on the other test, I had to use the first mornings urine and wait a couple of minutes. The test at the doctors was like the 5th time I had gone that morning, and I hadn't thought about it and went before I left, so I wasn't able to pee much. (Sorry if tmi). The nurse also only waited a minute to check it.

Anyways, after that, I was too scared to ask for a blood test.
    I've bled every month since that. It's period like bleeding, except it's lighter, shorter, and I have had NO cramps whatosever, which is weird for me.

At what would of been about 12 weeks, most of the symptoms went away, except I'm still hungry, and tired.

I again had sex with my ex around May 24.

Lately, I've been nauseous again. I've been incredibly tired. And today, I was seriously going to the bathroom every hour. I've been very hungry again. I've been incredibly moody.

I've been gaining weight, and I've been bloated. I'm overweight as it is, but I swear my belly has been swelling up.

I'm going to take another pregnancy test tomorrow, but I was just wondering, what do you think the chance I'm pregnant is? Do you have your own personal stories to share?

Thanks,
    Angel
    if you were to do a test now at any time of day you should still get a positive. I think the doctors is the only way to resolve this. or get some more home tests. But i do reccomend you see your gp or ob/gyn.

Thanks for your kind words ttcanxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by MummyofTwo View Post
    Thanks for your kind words ttcanxiety.
    i am also sorry for your sisters actions.

Mommy of 1 Guest

Unhappy Fearing for my Peanut...

I can't tell you all how glad I am to have found this thread tonight, I actually read it from the beginning in 2004 up until the last post. Now I suppose it's my turn to share.

I gave birth to a healthy girl in February 2008 and had no complications whatsoever during the whole pregnancy. I am 9wk 4days pregnant with my second child and today I started fearing for my new little one. I was on a playdate chatting with my girlfriend and mid-sentence I stopped and headed for the bathroom, as I felt something damp on my panties. When I wiped I found blood, like a normal (non-heavy) period. I soon after started cramping. I called my OB and they had me come in for the HCG & blood type tests, but didn't want to see me until my normally scheduled appointment tomorrow (now today Thursday) at 4pm.

The bleeding started at 1pm and has slowly increased, as have the cramps. I laid in bed and cried myself to sleep (earlier tonight) while my husband watch our daughter, as I could hardly drag myself out of bed. I of coarse had a horrible dream about losing the baby. Sadly, I have been dreaming that there is no baby in my belly for weeks now, though I feel very pregnant still.

This is so frightening and sickening. I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I can't wake up from. I don't want to loose my little 'peanut', but I know if it happens then it's meant to be. I don't know how I'll make it to 4pm tomorrow. I guess right now I'm just searching for support from women who are/have experienced this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy of 1 View Post
    I can't tell you all how glad I am to have found this thread tonight, I actually read it from the beginning in 2004 up until the last post. Now I suppose it's my turn to share.

I gave birth to a healthy girl in February 2008 and had no complications whatsoever during the whole pregnancy. I am 9wk 4days pregnant with my second child and today I started fearing for my new little one. I was on a playdate chatting with my girlfriend and mid-sentence I stopped and headed for the bathroom, as I felt something damp on my panties. When I wiped I found blood, like a normal (non-heavy) period. I soon after started cramping. I called my OB and they had me come in for the HCG & blood type tests, but didn't want to see me until my normally scheduled appointment tomorrow (now today Thursday) at 4pm.

The bleeding started at 1pm and has slowly increased, as have the cramps. I laid in bed and cried myself to sleep (earlier tonight) while my husband watch our daughter, as I could hardly drag myself out of bed. I of coarse had a horrible dream about losing the baby. Sadly, I have been dreaming that there is no baby in my belly for weeks now, though I feel very pregnant still.

This is so frightening and sickening. I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I can't wake up from. I don't want to loose my little 'peanut', but I know if it happens then it's meant to be. I don't know how I'll make it to 4pm tomorrow. I guess right now I'm just searching for support from women who are/have experienced this sort of thing.
    I am very sorry this is happening to you. i hope things turn out ok. i am thinking of you xxoo

Hi girls, I used to post in here but have'nt been on for a while, i should make more of an effort as I know there are lots of girls looking for support at a very difficult time in their lives. I guess it is a waiting game, the best you can do is rest and put your feet up as muc as possible, you can only hope you get caring medical professionals unfortunatly there are a lot out there who just look at it as a natural progression to a pregnancy that is'nt meant to be... but... I am living testimony to that not being factual.

I have 4 children all have been complicated pregancies involving lots of bleeding, my first daughter i had no idea what was happening and was told that it was "normal" to have bleeding in pregnancy, so I plodded along with bleeding throughout the first trimester and into the early part of the second then again around 30 weeks she was born well overdue but in a poor cond due to the placenta not working correctly, luckily it was'nt an ongoing problem and she is fine now..

I then had 3 MC's 12 weeks no bleeding? 8 weeks? slight bleeding when I went for my early US it showed i had already passed the babyand again at 12 weeks blledding from day dot my 12 week Us showed the baby had died...

I desperatly wanted to get pregnanat again and waited the required time frame??? I got pregnant the the month after we started trying, again complicated i was given a 50/50 chance of making it to term, there is'nt really any answers, just take it easy, no sex etc. My bleeding stopped early into the second trim and I had no further problems physically.... menatlly a whole different situation!!!! It robbs you of the innocenace of pregnancy , I am always shocked when people talk about excerise, horse riding ski-ing netball etc during pregnancyI went on to give birth to a healthy baby boy, his placenta was extremly calcified and had extra lobes growing off it everywhere an interesting specimen for the student docs on rotation??

When he was 6 months old I fell pregnant again, not really the plan, shocking to start with but did'nt take long to realise how much i wanted this baby especially when the bleeding started, this time I was terrified and wanted to be monitered closely again the medical staff were not overally helpful, I had an early scan that showed a HB and also a large bleed, brown blood continued with the odd bright bleed, but I felt okay.. 12 week US came DH could'nt make it, so I took a close friend the lady who did the scan was very quiet... I was so scared that the baby had died, I kept pressing for answers in the end she told me the baby was alive but it did'nt look good, to expect to go home and MC, the tear was huge, my friend was so shocked to this day she talks about it, I went home to bed rest at 14 weeks I was back at hospital with bad cramping and early labour type pains, i stayed in hospital overnight but nothing else could be done, i was sent home on bed rest, my next scan was at 17 weeks, I was so sure that I would lose the baby, i just kept expecting to hear there was no HB but...there was and at bleed had nearly healed itself, by 21 weeks it was completely healed, my doc told me there was a possiblity of going into early labour and our goal was to make it to 28 weeks, in the end we went 10 days over and I gave birth to a healthy nearly 10 pound baby girl. Placenta had a whole side extra grown on to it, I had a large bleed myself cause it came away in a hurry...

Another 3 early MCs visits with visit in between to different professionals to see if there might be a solution to our problem, all the usual ??? have I used drugs..etc fianlly I found someone who i thought had an answer, my cycle was short 21-24 days he thought that it was too short for the baby to properly attatch and thats why I lost some and others in longer cycles? stayd but with problems... sounded likely, so we started on IVF type meds to lenghten my cycle out 28 days... perfect, fell BFP I truelly expected no bleeding and was shocked when it happended, I could not imagine how i was going to be able to hang on to this baby whne bleeding started so early and I was on progesterone pessaries to help maintain the pregnancy. I was on bed rest from about 8 weeks to 14 weeks, it's hell... I kept thinking please, if I'm goin gto lose this baby let it be over with, I can't stand this... I missed the other kids and doing things with them, I hated bed, movies, tv, magazines, my back ached I was nasty,. stressed and angry, bleeding slowed after 14 weeks then stopped around 20 weeks but still I could'nt relax, even the magic 28 week mark came and went without relief, I think I started to feel like we were going to get a live baby mid 30 weeks, even then I dared not become to complacent or think to hard about it JIC. Another beautiful baby girl was born Sept last year... all well, I am very clucky now and would love to have another baby...but it can't happen... each time the problem has become worse requiring more rest and mentaly so stressfull, so I am making the most of my babies especially my last bubs, co sleeping, baby weariing etc I am quite envious of people who have these amazing easy pregnancies and wish i could have had the innocence of it all... but... some of us have to do the hard yards and I think I have become a more compassionate person because of it . Well I hope so anyway!!!!
    Good luck to you all, hope things continue to go well, remeber to put your feet up as much as possible and don't do anything unnessecary.

Have had 3 normal pregnancies, 3 live babies. Only took one time having sex each time and boom... pregnant (poor other half he he! ) Each time i knew I was pregnant at around 4 weeks before any tests as i had definable symptoms. Had slight bleed at 11wks with no.2, just spotting really, all was ok and was told no more hiking with heavy loads ie: toddler and no more heavy lifting. A week and a half ago again came up with all the signs of pregnancy. Didn't do a test as was in denial and in small town didnt want the whole world to know when purchased test. But signs there thick and strong. Woke up this morning with heavy bright red bleeding... and period pain.. hmm maybe no. 4 wasnt meant to be.. partner has had snip as we are too fertile.. and maybe he wants more regular sex. More than the once a year for a baby anyway! Will see how it goes..

hi Everyone
    Im glad i found this forum, it helped me a lot knowing i wasnt alone. i want to share my story.
    I Lost my angel this feb 23wks+5days.
    It all started when i started bleeding at 15 week. It was nothing major just some spots, i went to the emergency room, and they did all the usual tests and the doctors told me that i was just bleeding from my cervix. I was in hospital for a week, so the docotors could monitor me and after a week was sent home as the bleeding stopped.
    a month later, i started bleeding again, only lasted a day, and the doctors again told me i was just bleeding from the cervix.
    at 23 weeks, i started bleeding quiet heavily. unfortuanltey for me, my old doc has tranferred to another hospital and i was left with a new doctor, who just started at the hospital that day. they sent me home, after a check up, saying the baby's heartbeat is all good etc. i was bleeding more heavily and contionusly but i was so sick of the doct telling me that it was just my cervix and the baby was fine, i didnt go to the hospital again, after about a week of bleeding, one night i started getting some pains lower back, nothing on the tummy, the next day i went to my GP and he said its just muscle pains with everything strectcing, that night the pain got bad , for some reason i think i went to sleep and i woke up and went to the toilet, and i could see the umbelical cord. We went straight to the emergency room, and that was it, i could feel the baby kicking just an hour before, my water has broke but i didnt even notice from all the bleeding. It was heart breaking as he was so perfect and nothing looked wrong with him.
    After all the test and post portem, they found out that the blood was coming from behind the placenta, to this day they dont know why, i also had an infection, i didnt get much answers from the doctors. all they said was next time they would monitor me closely. i just know when i decide to try again, ill be so scared. This forum has helped me a lot , just to know that other people go through smiliar stories. so thank you to all

How long does bleeding continues during pregnancy?
    If it continues for only 5 days as during periods, does that mean a woman is not pregnant? What is the difference in the bleeding during pregnancy and during normal menstrual cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinderjo View Post
    How long does bleeding continues during pregnancy?
    If it continues for only 5 days as during periods, does that mean a woman is not pregnant? What is the difference in the bleeding during pregnancy and during normal menstrual cycle?

i think the length of bleeding/spotting during pregnancy is a very individual thing hun.
    Also i think it depends if you have had a positive pregnancy test?

Hello, I am very new here, in fact I found this thread & site on Sunday afternoon. I know that there has been no new replies here for awhile, but anyway I just needed to share my story so I can move forward. I have a lovely 8yr son who was a miracle baby in the sense he died during his birth. I was very traumatised by the birth & didn't want to go down that track again, my ex husband couldn't understand why we couldn't just have more and more. But 8 years later, my partner & I really want a child of our own & my son really would like to be a big brother. I am 36. We have been trying for 10 months, my partner had some tests done recently that came back a.ok for him & then we finally found out we were positive 2 weekend's ago. we did 3 tests we couldn't believe it. Then this last Sunday afternoon, I started spotting, very dark brown, so I started to stress & found this site which helped me see that it is normal (good or bad). I rang 13health & they advised me to rest & go to the hospital if anything changes (cramps, change in colour). In the middle of the night I woke up & there was a reasonable amount of redder blood, I tried not to be concerned & went back to bed, knowing I was seeing a DR in the morning. When I woke up,the one thing i noticed was my breasts weren't sore at all. I told my partner & he decided to take the day off work to come to the Dr, which was booked for 9.45am. I started to bleed a lot more & it was bright red, I was starting to really get upset. At about 9.30am at home, I passed a very large clot & I knew....i started crying. We went to the dr & she checked internally, I was so sad & my partner was crying too. I still need to have an ultrasound, to ensure that nothing is left, otherwise I need to go to hospital for a D&C. I had no cramping, we were 6 weeks pg & it was a lot more heavier that my usual flow. But as we know when we are pg, I also knew when I was about to lose bub too. Now I am so concerned as the Dr was giving me the talk...which is the over 35 talk. She said that we need to wait until after the next flow then we can start again, she said if in 6 months we still have had no luck then she will give me a referral to an IVF specialist just to help us out a bit. I have no idea what that means - I am just praying that we can fall again without any assistance. Is anyone in the same position as me, I have never had a miscarriage before & just so unsure about the future. Thank you for listening (reading) Alx

Default bleeding in pregnancy

Hi there

It's been so helpful to read about everyone's experiences on bleeding during pregnancy. It's so scary when it happens because no one really knows what it means, it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens, or testing to see whether it has led to miscarriage or whether the baby is absolutely fine. so many different experiences.

There haven't been many posts on here recently, but I thought I would write what is happening to me, maybe someone will have something to say, or maybe it will just help me to process it!

As with most previous posts, I am giving a lot of gory details! It's the only way!

I am 34, first pregnancy. I am 7.5 wks pregnant. I had the first ultrasound at 6.5 weeks and saw the heartbeat. very happy and excited. On Saturday night, after sex, I went to the toilet about a half hour/one hour after. When I wiped there was bright red blood (I had to wipe twice) although not runny, and I also looked in the toilet bowl where I saw two small clots in pinky-red. I was wondering if that could be the baby I have no idea and felt so ignorant and confused. I also checked the towel I use to wipe myself after sex, and found blood stains on it - bright red.

I was so scared, and didn't know what it meant. I couldn't sleep so I went to Google and read up on bleeding in pregnancy. I found that there is such a thing as post-coital bleeding during pregnancy due to the extra blood vessels on the cervix and increased blood flow. I am so hoping that's all it is, but I'm still so nervous and scared.

Also I'd been feeling nauseous every day for the last two weeks or so, but since the bleed two days ago I have felt better, which also worried me. Am hoping that is just coincidence, but it could mean the pregnancy has ended?

I'm seeing the Dr today to tell her what happened. want to know if the baby is still alive, but also want to keep calm about it and wait to see what happens...

Hi mejulie,

all I can offer is wait till you see your GP, they will hopefully be able to put your mind at rest or let you know what is happening.....can i just say thou, when i miscarried it was a very large clot that filled up the bottom of the toilet (so sorry for being so graphic). So fingers crossed that what you are experiencing is normal & that you & baby are ok!

On a lighter note, AF finally came 29 days after the miscarriage, so this week we begin BD'ing again....I hope it doesn't take 10months again, because I will need to see a IVF dr after 6 months

Good luck mejulie!!
    Alx

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast