Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: contractions after a fall...

im trying to talk dh into taking me, i cant afford a taxi.

Simone, your husband sounds like a right one. Go to the hospital - get an ambulance. You might not like being in the hospital, but it sounds like the best thing for you - I think your husband's attitude is making you worse as well. Selfish expletive.

Take your sons with you as well - you might not have to stay in and that way they won't "bother" your husband. Make sure the hospital know this man is treating you and all of his children, including your daughter, as just a problem in his life.

Sorry, I do know you probably don't like people badding him, but I really can't see any redeeming qualities in this man at all.

Simone please get to the hospital, take an ambulance.

Simone, please call an ambulance, that is what they are there for. Given the problems you have had with this pregnancy so far, you need to get this pain checked out. Think about your little girl and do it for her.

My jaw is on the floor right now! Simone, have you atleast called the hospital to ask for some advice? If not DO IT NOW! I have to agree with everything that has been said about your DH (not meaning Darling Husband right now!)
    Please let us know what is happening.

sonsangel Guest

I am shocked that you let him talk you out of going. I wouldn't have let him in the driver's seat and just dropped him and the kids off for his precious pizza so you could go get checked out at the hospital.
    You and bubs are important here not pizza. Pizza can be bought and eaten any day but a baby can't just come and go as easy as a pizza.

I've had PE symptoms but wasn't classed as PE. The only thing was normal urine tests. So just know any sypmtoms of raised BP is a concern please please get checked out tomorrow if you haven't already tonight. Get the local yellow pages to find a Dr and see someone. Don't let your Dh make you think you are not important. He sounds like part of the reason your depression may be creeping back up. I would also mention to your Ob/m'wives about the lack of support your Dh is giving you right now. Every little bit of info you can tell them about you will help them give you better care.

Best of luck

Simone? What did you end up doing? Are things okay?

Keep us posted, we all really care and are worried about you!

ryan wouldnt let me go to hospital, i ended up having another pain like i did in the morning, a contraction that went for about 2/3 mins (who keeps the time when your in pain?) he was on the phone to his mum even tho i was crying and begging him to call an ambulance. HE told me to catch a tram to Keilor Rd and go to med centre there, just rock up and ask to see their resident ob. But we live in Tullamarine, and the tram is at airport west. So i have to walk the 3/4 kms to get there... i just dont know what to do, i have the boys today, Xanders not really meant to be out in the cold, hey havent really got any good winter clothes, we havent been able to afford them, and his asthma has been playing up really badly... Ill try and get to dr's today, and see what happens. I've been up with cramps all night, i find that after i have the really long PAINFUL cramps that i had last night, the pain isnt as bad for a few hours. That, and i just had 4 panadiene. So they'll be dulled for a little while. Thanks for all the support girls. Its nice to know someone cares about me, even if my own husband doesnt...

Simone, seriously hun. Has the DH gone to work yet?? Call your MIL tell her to come and get the kids you NEED to go to the hospital. Or better yet, tell her an ambulance is on the way for you and she'd better get there quick. Once your in hospital - and thas exactly where you should be at the very least getting checked out, you can let him know, although I'm sure that your MIL will tell him anyway. Maybe let the nursing staff that you don't want him in there. If it is PE the last thing you need is the stress he is giving you.

And WTF is it with him not letting you go to the hospital, you are your own person, he does NOT own you. You are a strong woman who is capable to stand on your own 2 feet and tell him this. Your baby should be both your and his no.1 priority at the moment. Does he not realise how very serious PE can be. Does he not realise that it can be fatal to the both of you. Sorry for being so harsh hun, but I really think you do need to get your butt moving into that hospital and without DH (again like Fiona said, not Darling Husband).

Goodluck sweety, and remember it's all for the best

MIL thinks im faking the pains. and she wouldnt go out of her way to help us anyway. When we took Xander out of hospital on sunday, she said she's organise to get him an appointment with her paediatrician dr friend for an ashtma management plan for monday. You know what? She hasnt even called him yet. But SIL told me if it was her son (same ages) she would've been onto it seconds later. And i know thats true. But both boys are up now, im just bathing them, trying to find enough warm clothing for the long walk to airport west and the tram.

What about trying SIL? If I were over there I'd drive you myself girl. Have you called and spoken to the hospital yet? I hope so, and what did they recommend? Tell them that DH doesn't want you to go and won't drive you, tell them how you have to get there and see what they recommend you do. Don't let yourself be talked out of it.

im just getting the number now, sil wont take me as apparently she has playgroup today, she cant miss it. and she lives literally 50m away on the next block. im just seeing if ryan has hidden any money anywhere, so i can at least call a cab to get to the tram. gosh, i feel like crap... thank god this is my last one!!!

ok got a tmi, but it freaked me out. Dont read if you have a weak stomach!!! I was sitting on my bed, got alot of back pain and pain in my rear (told you a tmi!! but it gets worse...) and i felt really damp, thinking oh $h!t, iv broken my waters, i had a look down there, and it was creamy, with a greeny tinge. it was enough to have a small amount on my (nice clean!!) sheets, and then the tummy pain strted back up. DH has just told me to go to hospital, if thats what i really feel i need to do, but to stop bothering him at work!! I told him the tmi as i was really freaked out by it!! Now im crying, confused and scared, i hate feeling like this!! Why cant i just have a nice smooth textbook pregancy?!

OMG Simone. I'd call an ambulance right now. If that's your waters and its green, then its not good for baby at all! It's an emergency!

it was creamy with a green tinge. and there was prob a good couple of tablespoons worth... dont know if it was my waters... can i take the boys with me?? they're 3 and 14m...

Of course you can take your boys. Just call an ambulance (the kids will love going in the ambulance! ). Even if it turns out to be something minor.. the ambo's don't care.. they worry more that people won't call them! So pleeeease call them and get to the hospital. Once you're there, the nursing staff can help you with the boys.

I only found this thread this morning.. and now I'm worried about you

Just rang Royals Womens, she said if im high risk with just the pain and discharge symptoms (didnt get to mention the other stuff...) i really should be looked at. This i know!!! Now to get the boys ready and make my way in... dh wont come back and take me...for once i'd like to have a partner who wants to be there holding my hand...

can SIL take your boys to playgroup with her? I'd be calling an ambulance right now! don't try to walk if things are getting worse.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast