Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

ROFL Ella, I am normally very good at getting in and out, so I reckon it is my turn for a long one! hehehehehehe

I am terrible, I do not do well with surprises, but we probably won't tell friends or family ( Other than the lovely Ladies I have met on BB!)

Oh I forgot to say I have been so into my course that I am going to sit the first exam this weekend!!!!! Wish me luck girls!

wow - that's motivation!! good luck - not that i think you'll need luck to get you through it!!

we wouldn't be able to keep the baby's gender secret from our friends and family - they would soon suss it out with all the blue or pink things that were appearing in the nursery (because i know that i couldn't keep to neutrals if i knew!!)... so when we find out, the whole world will know!! of course, if we have a very modest baby who chooses to keep his/her legs shut at every ultrasound, then we might have no choice but to be surprised at the hospital!!

put an offer in on a house in Malvern East today (nice and close to Cabrini), and find out tomorrow whether we get it or not (there are 2 offers in at the moment)... fingers crossed!!

I am almot positive it's a girl.

Just getting a pink vibe from you!

When it comes to supporting birthing women I have motivation by the absolute truck load!

We kept Campbell's gender a secret, but told everyone about Cooper, but I am seeing Ros' need to keep the gender a secret the third time. Ella, hun the first one is so very exciting boy or girl, so even just the excitement of the gorgeous bubba to come is huge!

Ohhhh that is so exciting about the house, let us know how you go!

hehehe Ros, I will let you know in between the scan and my appt!

Relle - good luck with the exam, you'll romp it in! Good on your for making Dennis earn his money with a long appointment LOL!!! I used to see him at his Clayton office, then walk back to work. I used to hate it when he was quick, meant I had to go back to work, so I would stop and have a coffee instead to waste a bit of time. I had my scans at the same office too. Good luck with the scan, can't wait to hear all about it.

Ella - fingers crossed for your house. How nice to be close to the hospital.

Ros - PML at the pink "We love you Dennis"!!!!! Hope he reads it.

I didn't find out the sex with either pregnancy and if I go a third I don't think I will find out either. I think not knowing the sex of my second pregnancy actually helped me with my labour. Dennis kept saying "do you want to meet this baby and find out if its a he or she, then push harder LOL!!!! I really did want to meet him or her so gave me that extra bit of motivation. I think I am in the minority now as most do choose to find out the sex.

Oh Relle that is so exciting! I am sure that Dennis will be so happy about your news as well. It would be such a relief for him to have a support in there for other women who understands, is sympathetic and supports and understands his decision making. I can't wait to hear from you how it all goes and what he says about you be a doula! I told you that when I see him on 23rd I'll talk to him about you too!!! LOL Did you find out with the previous children if you were having boy or girl? What a wonderful day!!!

I did my first after hours call to Dennis today re some bleeding/spotting and was so relieved at how quick nad calm he was in response. I felt like I was a paranoid freak calling him, but he was great. Def earns his $$, I realise now! (btw -- I feel fine and am sure it will all be ok) But he has asked that I try to get in for a scan Mon -- so I may see both you & Ella, eh??!!

Good night ladies

Nox, I am so glad he was so quick to respond to you! It can be very scary and knowing he is only a phonecall away just makes it that bit easier doesn't it. I have my scan for 9.30am, so if you are in around then I will be with my husband and youngest (he is 11 months) so if you see me, come up and say hi!

I am sure all will be well with your scan though!

Yeah I would think he would appreciate any support person that actually does understand and support the way he operates. I am still yet to hear of anyone that has not appreciated his calm manner and any decisions he has had to make when giving birth!

I am going to try and get the exam done today, so will let you all know how I go. I had a quick look at a practise one last night, and it is all very subjective in the answers, so I am a bit stressed about it now!

OK, well I am off to get some work done around the house, take care girls and make sure you let us know how you get on Nox!

RElle - you inspire me!

Nox - i had the same problem early in my pregnancy at about 5 weeks till 8 weeks and Dennis was fantastic. I would call him during BH and he would call right back and knows how to put you at ease. he ordered a scan at 7 weeks and all was fine, so i am sure you will be okay.

Keep us posted.

Thanks you guys -- I will let you know what happens. I had bleeding around wk 8 as well (and all was fine) ... but now I'm at wk 11 ... but I am sure that it's ok I have no real pain with it and it seems to be less and less as time goes on.

Anyway .... how'd you go on the exam, Relle?

woo hoo!! our offer was accepted!! so we are now home owners!! it's exciting, but at the same time we're wondering if we paid too much!! but i guess that's always the way... it's done now, so no point worrying about it! i couldn't sleep last night with all the plans i was making for improvements and decorating!! we settle at the beginning of april so i can get started on my nursery relatively soon!!

well, today is the big day - my first meeting with Dennis! it's very exciting!! i've been feeling SO ill with morning sickness the last few days i'm sure everything is going swimmingly, but it will be nice to have some professional reassurance!!

gigi01 Guest

Hi alla,

Ella - you always think that when you buy a house - it seems like such a lot of money but well done! Such an exciting time for you guys.

Good luck with Dennis today (everyone!) and hope all goes well.

Nox - i had some spotting early this time too and I call Dennis willy-nilly about things if I am worried - that's why he is paid the big bucks and he has heard it all before so don't think twice about calling him and feeling paranoid. His response is always so good. I remember with Ella's pg one day I had not very much movement and then the next day, she hardly stopped all day and I got paranoid. So I rang him and he said "Are you going to start complaining about having a healthy baby???" LOL - will never forget it. He's the best.

I don't see him again til 6 March for 32 weeks - seems like forever away....so glad to be on the home stretch.

Relle - what news about the exam?

Have a great day everyone!

gigi

DUE ANZAC DAY

Hi, thought I'd find you girls in here!!

Way to go Relle!!!!!!!!

COngrats on your purchase Ella! YAY!
    What an exciting day!

Dennis showed up to Quinn's birth in a t-shirt and shorts and looked a bit disheveled so I think he was in bed, I've never seen him with messy hair before. Then when he came to visit us in the ward on the 2nd or 3rd day I woke up to him staring down at me - it was weird!!!! I didn't want to say at that point - Oh you have a fan club - but I was thinking it!

Anyway, time to go feed my beautiful boy and maybe then I'll have time for a shower - being a new mum is such a slack time! I just hope no one pops in for a visit! I'm still in my dressing gown *lol*

Oh Ella - what a huge week for you! I was wondering how you got on with your offer! By the way, I was very good and asked all of my questions, but did it quickly!!!!

Well clearly I am only able to breed boys! Boy No 3 on the way.

I am in shock a little, I actually hadn't let myself get to excited either way, but I am a little sad knowing that this will be our last baby and I will never get to experience a girl.

Everything else is fine, bubs is also measuring ahead by about a week, but we don't need to change the date.

Saw Dennis and told him about studying to become a Doula and he was very supportive. So I told him if he has any patients looking for a Doula, to let me know. His reply was do I tell then good or bad stuff about you! LOL I said it better be good. rofl. There was lots of joking going on today, so I had to tell him to behave! hehehe

Asked him if he is OK with me birthing upright - no problems, told him that my main focus was to prevent stitches ( they were the worst part of giving birth the last 2 times) and that I will be going Naturally unless there is a need for induction ( I loved my induction last time so a very big call for me) All good, very supportive as always!

I think that about covers it.

I told him he has a very good reutation on this side of town and that there are alot of people that think he is a great Ob and he was very humble and no I am not! LOL So I said well to bad, we all think you are great ( didn't clarify where we talk or who "we" are by the way! ) so too bad!

Ella, can't wait to hear how your appt goes and what you think of him, be sure to pop back in this arvo!

Oh by the way, I am not sure about the exam yet, waiting on them to get back to me, so will keep you updated!

Relle - another boy! Congratulations. I know so many people who are the mums of 3 boys, they seem to come in 3's! I keep thinking the same myself about having a boy, as both DH and I think we will have 3 girls (maybe we could get our kids married off together LOL!!!! Dennis is so humble, but I am sure he loves hearing such positive comments. Make sure you keep us posted about your exam results.

Ella - well done on the house! How exciting for you, have fun preparing and decorating your nursery. You'll love doing it.

Kirsten - PML about him turning up dishevelled!!! Thats how he arrived at my delivery too. Messy hair, polo shirt and shorts. He must have a set of clothes beside his bed ready to go. Good on you for being in your dressing gown after midday - as a new mum you are allowed to have lazy days. Stay in them all day if you want LOL!!! How is Quinn doing?

Nox - I am sure everything will be fine, but I can understand your worry. Dennis will do a great job of putting you at ease. Let us know how you go.

Congrats to you Ella on your place. That's so wonderful that you got it -- now you can just keep popping them out because you're so close to Dennis & Cabrini! Hope all was well re Dennis.

And congrats to you Relle for having a wonderful boy again! I think that it's great -- don't forget that there's a shortage of eligible bachelors ... so for us who may yet have girls, it's all good news! LOL

And thank you so much wonderful ladies of Dennis (!! makes no sense, but I am just back from work so slightly delirious) for your support ... IT'S ALL GREAT! Turns out I'm around 1 week later or so than we all thought (so just on 12 weeks tomorrow) and I saw a baby wave, swallow, 2 hands, 2 feet, 10 fingers ... scan looked good and I am so happy and excited and I just can't believe that I am actually having a baby!!!! LOL I had better get used to it -- a third of the way there!!!!

Thanks so much -- you are all so wonderful. Speak soon.

Nox, HUn that is wonderful about seeing your little bubba and that all is well! It is a really amazing sight isn't it! There is nothing else like it! And how exciting that you are a little further along, less time to wait to meet him or her!

Yes Ros and I have decided we make gorgeous boys, so maybe that is why we only have boys!

Ella What did you think hun? Did you like Dennis?

gigi01 Guest

Relle - congratulations on your boy! Very exciting - I am hoping for one too - need to find out your secret! although, as long as it's healthy....

Nox - so exciting babe - well done. Such a special moment to see that baby for the first time and to see everything growing the way it should. And LOVE being further along than you thought! I was a week behind what i thought....

Kirsten - glad that Quinn sounds like he is giving you a good time - love the dressing gown - wish I was still in mine!

Have a great day all

Gigi

thanks to you all for your congrats on the house. i just popped over this afternoon to meet the building inspector there and it is even nicer that i remember!! i am SO excited - we will be so happy there!! it's a perfect house for a child!! there's lots of room for them to scoot around in a baby walker, and lots of room for a playpen, toys, etc. there are heaps more bedrooms than we need, so the baby can have a playroom as well as a bedroom once they grow up a bit... ooh, it's such an exciting time!!

Relle - congrats on another boy! at least you know that you make lovely boys, so there is nothing to fear!!

Nox - congrats on the healthy ultrasound! i'm booked in for my 12-week scan on the 13th March, and am so excited about it!! will be nice for DH too!

Kirsten - glad to hear that yourself and Quinn are doing well and enjoying your time together. even if someone does pop in to visit, i think it's quite acceptable for a new mum to be hanging out in a dressing gown!!Quinn is a gorgeous name by the way!!

well, Dennis was lovely as expected! nothing very eventful happened of course - just took my blood pressure and poked my tummy a bit. and chatted about any worries or concerns i may have. it was a bit like a shrink appointment actually (well, not that i've ever been to one, but how i imagine a good one would be!). he told me not to get too worried about all of the hype surrounding what to eat and what not to, and that a glass of wine wasn't the end of the world (hooray!)... very down-to-earth and non sensational... perfect. i rabbitted on for ages and didn't feel like i was being rushed at all...
    when i went across to the ultrasound place it wasn't so good. the lady wasn't very nice, and she asked what time i would like the appointment for. i said "as early in the morning as possible so that my husband can come". she said that the earliest she could do was 3:45pm!! WTF?!! i mean, i wasn't fussy what day... surely there would have been something that week earlier than 3:45pm!! anyway, if there isn't, fair enough, it's only 4 weeks away, and i'll take whatever i can get. but what upset me was that i asked if i could book in for my 19-week scan now so that i don't face the same problem again (ie. if i get in early then i'll be able to get a time early in the morning when my DH can come). she said "no, you can't book your 19-week scan until you've had your 12-week scan"... i asked twice, and she was adament that i couldn't book in yet. i don't think i was being unreasonable!!

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast