Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

congrats Relle, that's great news!!

apologies, no time for any pleasantries, but i need your help!!

i'm really worried that my baby might have died... i was feeling REALLY sick (terrible morning sickness, very bloated, etc) up until tues. then since wed i have felt fine. i got up this morning and my tummy is heaps flatter than it has been in weeks (no bloating at all), and my boobs aren't sore either... i haven't felt nauseous in a few days... i'm meant to be 9 weeks pg today, so i should still be feeling crap (esp seeing as i have been morning sick from the start)...
    i'm really worried and i don;t know whether to call dennis or not... i don't want to disturb him at home if there's nothing wrong...
    i really want a scan to see if there's any heartbeat... i hope someone is near their computer now to answer me!!
    Last edited by ella79; February 17th, 2007 at 07:57 AM.

ok, i'm going out of my mind here, so called his page number and left a message for him to call me... will now sit by my phone and wait...
    called my DH (he's away on business) and he says to stop worrying, there's nothing i can do if i've miscarried, and we'll just try for another baby. i know all of that, but it doesn't make me feel any better - i want this one!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Oh Ella hun, I am so sorry I was not on here earlier. Has Dennis called you back yet? Sweety if you want to email me I can give you my mobile number if you want to chat.

With your DH's comments, it is a little easier for them to be a bit removed from the situation and make comments like that, cause they are not actually feeling the eymptoms and being reminded of it everyday iykwim.

I am hoping Dennis has called you by now.

hi relle, yes, dennis just called me back (such quick service!!). he said that there is a genuine reason for concern if there's a sudden loss of symptoms, but it's also quite possible that everything is going just fine... he has told me to call the ultrasound clinic first thing on Mon morning to see how fast they can fit me in.. it seems SO far away - what the hell am i going to do all weekend to keep my mind off things?

as soon as i started speaking to Dennis is started crying - i'm sure he was having trouble understanding what i was saying!! i feel so silly for being such a drama queen, but i'm sure he's used to it...

he said that if he finds out that someone is going in over the weekend for an ultrasound (must be for real emergencies?) then he'll give me a call and see if he can get me in too. that's very nice, but isn't very likely to happen...

i wish the baby's heart could be heard with a stethescope - it would take all this worrying away!!

Sweety he is used to having women cry when they talk to him, he would just take it all in his stride and not think you were being a drama queen at all.

What about trying a few other ultrasound clinics. Some are open on a Saturday morning. There is a little one here in Carnegie that I have a feeling is open. Maybe call and tell them you have spoken to your OB and he wants an ultrasound Asap?

i thought about that... but am i allowed to do that? dennis didn't suggest it... surely ultrasound clinics attached to hospitals would be open 7 days..
    will they accept me without a referral if dennis isn't one of the usual referees for that practice?

I am not sure, you could only ring and ask? GP can refer for obstetric ultrasounds as well. The hospital ones would be open, but if it can put you mind at ease, it could be worth a try.

I have to head out now for half an hour, but like I said if you want to email me I can give you my mobile, before I go and if you need any help, or want someone to go with you etc ( I am sure you have family etc, but just so you know you are not alone with your DH away) just let me know

thanks relle! i should be right...

i think i'll head out for the day too and try and keep myself occupied... i rang both the malvern place and the one that Mel recommended before (just in case there happened to be someone in over the weekend!), but no response from either... i'll drop into cabrini this afternoon (will be out that way anyway), and see if they have any obstetric sonographers working over the weekend...

gee, i don't like to be causing a fuss over nothing, but at the same time i HOPE that it IS nothing, and my baby is absolutely fine!!

thanks for your support relle, and i'll check in later today to let you know whether i've made any progress, or (hopefully) that i'm hanging over the toilet vomitting!!

Ella, I am sure and hope it will be nothing and that all is fine, please let me know how you go and if you get to have an U/S

Take care babe!

have just spoken to medical imaging at cabrini. they say that they don't have suitably qualified sonographers working this weekend to do the scan... oh well, i'll wait until Mon. i'm sure everything will be fine - the odds are in my favour!

Ella - I'm sorry I wasn't on earlier to give some encouraging advice! How are you going now? I can understand why you are worried, but stay positive and try not to think about it too much. I have heard of people getting a dopler machine (have no idea where), not sure if you hire or buy, that can hear babies heart beat. There might have even been a post on BB about it.

Please let me know how you are going and like Relle said, if you need to chat or email, just send me an email
    [email protected]

hi girls!
    i did a pretty good job of keeping my mind off things yesterday - i kept reminding myself how good my odds are!! i'm not entirely convinced though, because i'm just feeling so "normal" after feeling so crap for weeks... i'm convinced my boobs have shrunk too, and my nipples faded back to their normal colour, but it's so hard to tell if it's in my head or not!!
    anyway, i will ring up first thing tomorrow morning and see if they can fit me in for a scan ASAP..
    as far as i'm aware, the dopplers only work from about week 12 onwards. if i make it that far i'll definitely be investing in one!!
    i was meant to be off to a Preggi Bellies class now, but i've got carried away, and will never make it there on time now - oh well! it was the last thing i felt like doing when it's going to be so hot today and they don't have aircon!!
    Last edited by ella79; February 18th, 2007 at 07:55 AM.

Good work Ella! Don't forget, some people start to feel alot better once the placenta has really kicked in and started to produce what the baby needs instead of your hormones etc, so you are right, your odds are good! Positive thinking!

Nah, I don't like the sound of going anywhere without air con either, rest and put your feet up instead!

Mel - how are you going hun? I will do a return email now ( I am so slack sometimes! lol)

Hi Girls!

Well, i rang the ultrasound clinic this morning and they told me that they were fully booked, but to come in straight away and they'd see if they could squeeze me in between clients. the sonographer saw me about 3 mins after i arrived, so either the person ahead must have finished early, or the person afterwards was running late (or both), because there was still no one in the waiting room when i left..
    anyway, she told me that because it was still early she'd probably have to do a vaginal u/s, but would try through my belly first. as soon as she put the probe on my belly a little baby came into view!! he/she is measuring perfectly down to the exact day that i thought i conceived, and was happily wriggling about... little ****!! giving his/her mum such a scare!!

she gave me a little photo to take away - it's pretty blurry, but nice to have anyway...

anyway, i'm SO relieved, and can now enjoy my pregnancy and enjoy feeling so well!

Dennis just called me a minute ago to follow up and check i was ok. he is really very kind, and didn't make me feel at all silly about having a meltdown!! i feel i'm in very good hands!

gigi01 Guest

Hi Ella

I am with Mel and I am so sorry I wasn't online to offer you support too but looks like Relle did a great job! (what a great Doula she will make!!!)

I am SOOOOO happy that all is fine with your little baby. You sound as though you are very sensible about it and will now just turn your thoughts to feeling good and enjoying the pregnancy. The best thing to do. And despite the blurry-ness of the photo, they are good to have aren't they!

It's so scary when things happen like that - and you don't know if it's normal or a disaster. Don't ever think that you are being a drama queen - particularly with Dennis, but also with us in here! Trust me, Dennis will always have a story of another patient who was more of a drama queen than you and will always put you at ease, regardless of the situation.

Sometimes I think that they should have a standard 8-9 week ultrasound too just to put the mother's mind at rest that all is ok, before the 12 week one. I had an early scan with my first too and it was the opposite of you - I was feeling great and then all of a sudden vomited terribly and had spotting and couldn't figure out why - totally freaked out and Dennis recommended I come in and we do a scan just to make sure all ok. And, yep - all was ok!

Anyway, take care of yourself and I am very glad that all is perfect with your bub.

Hope all the other girls are well in here - I had no movement really at all yesterday so got a bit nervous but back with a vengeance today so I think that The Alien was just resting in that heat like I was. Into week 32 now so definitely on the countdown!!!

Gigi xx

Ella - that is awesome news hun, that all is well with your little bubba! It is so reassuring to see them and make sure everything is OK, not to mention the fact that you did an awesome job staying positive over the weekend!

Way to go for Dennis, he really is a sweety isn't he!

Gigi - I am with you there, I think an 8 week ultrasouns would be a fantastic idea. It is still such an unknown period when things can be very worrying, and seeing them that little bit earlier would put alot of minds at ease!

The little beans can be such turkeys can't they! Naughty bubba stressing you out like that babe! This little one has been very very active all of yesterday and today, so that has been really lovely and reassuring!

I just got an email asking for a photo for my webpage as a Doula cause I have passed the first 2 modules, so I will let you know when it is up and running and you can have a look! hehehehe!

I have had a LOVELY morning! Going out for a cuppa and having wonderful company!

Will go and see how the builder is progressing!

Take care girls, and take care of the little bundles and bumps!

Oh Ella, I have just got myself back online after being away for the weekend! I am so relieved that you are OK! I also had a scare early on .. at about 8 weeks also. I really agree with you, Gigi about the early scan -- it is just so scary without one.

Don't feel bad about being concerned -- that is exactly how you should be! Now you can relax and enjoy. Congrats!

It's too hot in my study here to stay -- so from me also, have a great day! Will have to work someplace cooler .... now that I have finally made it home after a lovely morning coffee and wander! All days should be so wonderfully relaxed!

Ella - great news! These little ones like to test us don't they??? At least you can now relax a bit and enjoy your pregnancy, hopefully the m/s doesn't return.

Relle - have a wonderful day! Coffee and a chat, what better way to spend the day. How fantastic about your website, can't wait to see it. Well done on passing the 2 modules - you'll be helping deliver babies in no time.

Gigi - Dennis use to tell me to scull a cold glass of water if I hadn't felt the baby move, it certainly got them moving - must have really annoyed them!!!! Or I use to lay down and poke my belly, until they poked back LOL!!! Things we do.

Nox - it is still so stuffy today. Not bad outside though. Wish I had a lap top, I could sit under the tree and browse through BB!

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast