Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by NellBell View Post
    After all of your reassurance I called Dennis Price's rooms today and spoke to a LOVELY receptionist who is filling in for the next fortnight! She was so nice and took all my questions to pass on
    LOL...guess who's on holidays?!!! LOL
    It's actually great that you got to speak with the relief receptionist because the usual one can put you off.
    I remember her telling me the first time I called that she wasn't sure Dennis could take me on due to HER being on holidays around the time I was due!
    I asked her if she did the deliveries! Imagine that...an obstetrician who can't take on any more patients because of his receptionist's holiday schedule! I'd never heard of anything more preposterous in my life!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

ohhhh Girls I am making the most of the relief receptionist and ringing tomorrow to book my appointment in with Dennis for a few weeks time! lol

Nellbell - Woohooooo you won't be sorry huni!He really is great and when you get to actually meet him you will be even more impressed! The beauty of your pre pregnancy appt too is that you will already be a patient too! Let me know if you want a Doula !

Ohhhh mel - I am sooooooo over the patient! He was home for 4 weeks when Angus was born and not once did he annoy me, but OMG I could kill him! It is exhausting me looking after 3 little kids, a sick DH, cleaning the house ready to move and sorting everything else out.

We had Cooper's appt with the dentists at the childrens today and that middle tooth is an extra tooth, but they are happy to leave it atm, will have to go back in 3 years.

NellBell, I am so delighted for you! Welcome to the Dr D fan club as I am sure you know!! Cabrini is fab as well -- the midwives are amazing and food is plentiful. You will love it there. How hilarious that you had a different receptionist! Well, anything that got you through to making a time to see him is wonderful. I am glad that he reassured you.
    Best of luck with it all I will be thinking of you.
    xx

NellBell Guest

Thanks for the kind welcome and wishes everyone! My pre-pregnancy appointment with Dennis is on the 22nd October so i'll let you all know how it goes!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Goodluck Nellbell - I am sure all will go well!

Can't wait to hear when you get your BFP!

still here. still PG, and not very happy about it!! have my next appointment with Dennis tomorrow (3 days overdue), but don't expect him to want to do anything with me seeing as i've had no complications at all, and am not in any type of discomfort or pain either...

Hi guys just soo busy and i am so naughty i have missed out soooomuch!!!!

Nox Congrats on your boy!!! Dylan is such alovely name, hone we have all been there so definately know how you are feeling!! Chin up , the unsettling only lasts a couple of weeks by 8 - 12 weeks they are in a routine.

Mamaduke glad you ointroduced yourself!!

LOL i am taking advatage of the new receptionsits too i hope to go in and pay my fees before Linda comes back!!

Relle how did your move go?

Ella, hang on honey although iam not patient i would of begged Dennis to induce by 3 days over!! hope you are in hospital now screaming your lungs out!!

Nellbell - congrats on joining us and hopefully will have some good news soon!

Well i am truly fat and uncomfortable. Due to surgery (tummy tuck for incontinence after Jaydens birth) the staples of my top abdomen muscles are tearing or streching and it really hurts!!!! ouch!!!!!!!!

Besides that i am like any other uncomfortable pregnant mummy with 3 boys who are home for the school holidays, My hair is a little whiter!!!
    xoxoxRoslyn

Ros - sorry to hear you're so uncomfy - sounds very ouchy!!

well, Dennis prescribed twice-weekly monitoring commencing this friday (i'll be 6 days overdue by then) to make sure that bubs is doing well and the uterine environment isn't degrading, but there was absolutely no mention of an induction... i'm glad really, because i might have been tempted to take up the offer if it was made!!
    am feeling very well and spritely and can't believe how well my body has handled the whole baby-making business... am very depressed about my horrid stretch marks which are getting worse EVERY DAY, but other than that i have absolutely nothing to complain about...
    my DH is getting a bit fed up waiting - he is hanging out to take some time off work!! he has been singing Happy Birthday to my tummy to try and coax her out, but no luck yet...

must say - the relief receptionist is lovely - makes the visits a whole lot more enjoyable!!

Ros - are you over the school holidays yet lol!!!! Your problem with the stomach staples sounds painful, is there anything you can do for it?

Ella - nearly there babe! Hang in there.

Mel - ohyes i want it to end can you imagine in January i am due right in the middle of school holidays!!! I think they may have to go into the school holiday program for a couple of days!

Elle - Hopeing you are in labour if not indulge yourself with some goodies and relax it's a great day for it!

I have my 12 week appointment with Dennis following my scan on Monday 8 Oct. I wonder if the relief receptionist will still be there?

I am getting excited to finally see the baby's heartbeat. It feels like it has been quite a wait. I think this will make it seem even more real.

Also since seeing Dennis, I have relaxed so much on the food front. I loved how straight forward he was regarding this. Prior to that, I was agonising each day at the cafe trying to work out what I could eat!

Katiegirl - good luck for you scan on the 8th I have my 19 week scan on the 11th and see Dennis straight after also. I was really nervous waiting for my 12 week scan and was relieved that all was ok but now I am stressing about my 19 week scan because I am still not showing or gaining weight (well some day's I have put on 2kg's and then other days it is back down to my pre-preg weight!) I have also not felt any movement and I keep jumping onto all these different forums where people have been showing and feeling movement since 12 weeks and it freaks me out! My pants are feeling a bit tighter these days so that I suppose is a good sign!

hi girls!

still here. now 9 days overdue... have been having painful contractions and tightenings for the last week and am well and truly over them!! am hoping today is the day, but have been hoping that for a while now.... aaaagggghhhh!!!!

Hola
    I have returned from Spain!
    Ella: I was so expecting to hear your news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello girls!
    Welcome back kirsten! How was it ?

Ella - i hope those mini contractions mean that you will have a speedy labour like Relle!

Marknjo and katie girls goodluck with your scans!

Well i am so over my pregnancy, my stiches in my abdomen are pulling apart, oh boy it hurts!!! I have swelled up!!! I hate it i want January to come now!!!!!!!

having a bad fat day!!!! And ,my stupid maternity jeans keep roilling down to the middle of my butt

Hey Ella - pop that thing out already! I am really impatient and it would be killing me waiting!

Kirsten - Welcome back! Did you take Quinn to Spain or was it just a quick trip? We want to take bub to the USA to visit my parents next year when it is about 4-6 months old. If you did take Quinn, how did he go on the flights?

Ros - I hope you feel better soon, sounds like you must be in some pain. What maternity pants do you have, remind me not to get those ones!

I am at the in between stage at the moment, my work pants are too tight and only my hipster jeans fit well but cannot wear to work! I tried on a pair of pants at Pumpkin Patch yesterday, they were really nice but they looked too baggy so I didn't get them. I am struggling with the whole work wardrobe at the moment, especially that we are going into summer soon so if I buy anything I might only get to wear for a couple of months and then it will be too hot. Such a dilemma!

jo - i got some great maternity work trousers from Premaman on Toorak Rd in South Yarra. they were pricey ($200), but i wore them to work EVERY DAY from about 11 weeks until i finished up at 31 weeks... might be worth you checking out...

having more painful and annoying contractions - i wish someone would just put me out of my misery!!
    have some more fetal monitoring tomorrow am and then an appointment with Dennis tomorrow pm. i bet he'll just tell me to come back again in a week - aaaggghhhh!!!

Ros - i told my DH that Relle also had a lot of pre-labour and she ended up with a 90-min labour. he FREAKED OUT!! he said that he needs more than 90mins to prepare himself - ha ha ha - he thinks he'll be stressed - what about me?!!
    anyway, i pointed out that seeing as this was my first baby i'll probably have a long, drawn-out labour...
    your pulling stitches sound excruciating!! poor thing... and i hear you on the maternity jeans... i have been wearing the same uniform since quitting work at 31 weeks - tracky pants, loveable maternity singlet, and some type of cardi. ooh, and thongs - it's WAY too much effort to bother with shoes and socks...

Ella - surely it can't be much longer LOL!!! At least its a lovely day to relax and chill out today in the sunshine. If you have a quickie labour, DH has far less time to freak out lol!

Ros - what a bugger with bub being due right in the thick of school holidays!! I like your idea of the school holiday program. Any rellies that they can go stay with for a few days? What is it with maternity jeans, they never stay up! I had 4 pairs (all different brands and $) and they all did the same thing. Buy a pair of braces LOL!!!

Kirsten - how was Spain, we want to hear stories of how wondeful it was and make us feel very envious!!!

Katie - not long now till your scan, its such an exciting time. Don't forget to take a DVD or video for them to record it.

Jo - don't worry, the weight gain can sometimes happen later and did you say you were playing sport (or was the Katie??), as I find people who are very active don't put on as much weight. Pumpkin Patch pants are huge and really long. Good thing with the fashion now is you can get really nice cardigans and jackets that would fit over a bump nicely and that you can still wear later. I agree with Ella though, invest in a really good pair of pants and you will live in them, look stylish and be comfy!

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast