Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hey Ella!

It is getting so close now - woohoooooooo

Goodluck with you appt with Dr D, ahhh the good old, I have had enough, I want it out has kicked in! Well hun, you are on the downward run now, so won't be long till you meet you little girl.

Kate, Hope the trip to Darwin went well and you are feeling better.

We are a bunch of sickies here to, Cooper had been sick for a few days the on Friday I came down with this disgusting bug that makes you feel really sick in the guts for 24 hours or so, Cooper was having 39+ temps and then yesterday DH came down with the same bug, so I have been steering clear of people.

Jo - hope you are feeling well to.

I had my first appointment with Dennis on Monday. All went well and was very uneventful. Not sure what I was expecting really! He is so relaxed about things like food etc. I have been stressing about what I should not be eating, and he basically told me not to worry about it all.

He seemed really nice. I can't say I am in love with him yet.... I mentioned his relaxed attitude to my husband and he rightly pointed out that I will appreciate that come the delivery date!

So all in all - all is good. And I am starting to feel better as well. I think I lied about a 1000 times on the conference to cover up various things - not drinking etc. And for some reason all my female colleagues were talking babies, children etc. One even asked me when I want to have a child. I am obviously a good liar because I covered it well. Plus being sick was a good excuse for not drinking.

Hey there girls,

Kinda back in the land of the barely alive .... I didn't understand when everyone says it's hard -- it's HARD! Does it end and how???

Anyway settling issues of course and it is making me a bit stressed ...

Other than that we are all well.

RELLE is a CHAMPION. Wouldn't have been able to do it without the amazing support and knowledge of her and my DH (who was also spectacular).

I will be honest with you all though -- I don't know how you multiple mums do it (or why you would want to to be honest)

Well, will try to check the thread more regularly! Love you all!

Good luck Ella!!!

Welcome back Nox!! I hope things settle down a bit soon and you're not feeling quite so overwhelmed!! You have inspired me to get off my arse and get the house in order now though, so at least once I get home with our demanding new family member I'll have one less thing to worry about...
    Ok, I hope this new inspiration lasts long enough for me to clean out the spare room and finally get on top of the study - he he he!!

Katie - glad your appointment went well. Cool that you covered up well at the conference!

Nox - the haze does lift! You'll get into the swing of things soon enough, they just take a bit of time to work things out. I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job. You are right, Relle is a champion! Its so great to hear what a wonderful support she was to you and DH.

Ella - the nesting has started! Can't believe you are in single digits till due date, how exciting. We are getting very excited for you lol!!!

Hi girls!

Hiya Nox, so good to see you back online huni!

YOU are/were amazing, awesome, inspiring and a birthing goddess! Seriously babe you did such a wonderful job with your little man, and yes your DH was also amazing, awesome and inspiring! He was brilliant!

Kate so glad to hear you like Dr D. The love will come, don't worry! And yes you will appreciate his approach and expertise come delivery date!

Mel - my godsend, how are you gorgeous? How are those beautiful girls of yours today?

Well we had quite an eventful few days, DH was sick, but after going to work Thursday morning came home and lunchtime and managed to get into the Dr and came home to tell me I had to take him to Cabrini emergency with a case of appendicitis. So I was in emergency for a couple of hours with 3 kids and waiting to find out what was going on. I came home and then he rang to tell me he was going into theatre at 8pm and the Surgeon rang me at 8.30 to tell me everything had gone well.

Thankfully Mel came over for tea ( which was going to be home cooked till I had to turn it all off half way through) so she got maccas instead - sorry love! and stayed with the kids so I could go in and see Rod at 10 pm when he finally got back to the ward.

He came home this afternoon so now I have 4 kids at home! lol It hasn't been to bad, just pretending that he is still at work. I am going to make the make the most of our last few days up here and go out after the kids are in bed and he is stuck at home!!! '

Nox, let me know if you are free tonight, tomorrow night or Monday. Any is good for me after 8pm

Relle, so sorry to hear about Rod's stint in hospital, but glad to hear that he's on the mend...

Mel - i don't think it was "nesting" - it wasn't a primal urge to prepare my home for my child, but more of a kick in the arse to do something productive after 8 weeks on maternity leave without achieving much!! well, i cleaned out the spare room but didn't quite make it to the study yet...

due in 6 days but still no pre-labour signs

Hey girls
    Still having trouble settling Dylan. I thought that we had a deal when he was wonderful for 2 nights or so with 3.5-4 hours between feeds, 3 hours in the day with extras in the morning and eve and only terribly unsettled at those extra feeding times, which was kinda manageable!
    However it all changes!! Last night was 1.5-2 hours and we seem to now be experiences attachment issues, which makes me concerned a bit about introducing a dummy to take the edge off. AS a result also the sore nipples are back so I am now hanging out topless looking too much like a Brittney pregnancy warning!
    BAH -- tell me this is normal!

I am now hanging out topless looking too much like a Brittney pregnancy warning - PML Nox, sorry! That is a very funny image!!! Bit cold lately.

I would highly recommend Lansinoh cream (you've prob already got some or heard about it), its brilliant and I used it all the time in the first few weeks until my boobs got used to what was going on. I used a dummy from day 1, needed my sanity and I found no trouble with feeding after using it. If you are really desperate for some sleep, just use it. Are you able to get some help with regard to the attachment issues?

And yes, all this stuff is normal (sorry to say!) and will get better as each day passes. Hang in there babe you are doing a super job!

NellBell Guest

Smile Question from a Newbie

Hi everyone,

I have some questions to ask about Dennis and I thought what better place to post than in here!! I am currently in the process of choosing an ob for my pre-pregnancy care and am not happy (for many reasons... cost included) with the ob my gp has referred me to. Truth be told I reeeeeally want to go with Dennis as I have heard so many amazing things about him.

Do you know if he takes high risk patients??? I have a blood disorder (Factor V Leiden) and have had a DVT in the past. My gp is not anticipating any big complications other than frequent ob visits, daily heparin injections, and an early induction so coming off my medication can be timed for delivery. I am really hoping Dennis would sail right through these 'tiny' problems and he can be my ob??

Please dont answer if this is too personal but I was wondering approximately what he charges. Another ob I have been looking at charges $3600 @20 weeks and a further $1800 @ 34 weeks. This is a cost Hubby and I are struggling to deal with and we were hoping Dennis might be a bit more budget friendly?

Thankyou for your help!

Hi Nell Bell!

i'm not sure whether he takes "high risk" patients, but i can't imagine why he wouldn't... surely life would be very boring if he just took all the text-book complication-free cases... definitely make an appointment (or call and speak to him directly) to see whether he will take you on.

on the cost side of things, each appointment is $50 (think the initial consult may have been $100 though (?) but it was longer....) and then i have paid a once-off $1500 fee at somewhere around the mid-way mark. this is all of the out-of-pocket expenses that i'm aware of (i'm 39.5wks pg, so hopefully would have heard by now if there were still more to come!!)...

NellBell Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ella79 View Post
    Hi Nell Bell!

i'm not sure whether he takes "high risk" patients, but i can't imagine why he wouldn't... surely life would be very boring if he just took all the text-book complication-free cases... definitely make an appointment (or call and speak to him directly) to see whether he will take you on.

on the cost side of things, each appointment is $50 (think the initial consult may have been $100 though (?) but it was longer....) and then i have paid a once-off $1500 fee at somewhere around the mid-way mark. this is all of the out-of-pocket expenses that i'm aware of (i'm 39.5wks pg, so hopefully would have heard by now if there were still more to come!!)...
    Thankyou so much ella I think you have just made my week! Those prices are fantastic too and definatley something Hubby and I can afford. I think I will give his rooms a call and fingers crossed I can book in to see him and then get a referral from my GP

Best of luck for a safe and quick labour!!

Does anyone else have any comments or know if high risk is definately a go??

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm seeing Dennis and he's helping me with my dreams of a maternal assisted c/section.
    This is my third (AND FINAL!) bubba and it's another boy.
    BTW...I've been directed to this thread by Ros who I met on another forum. We're great friends now and even make our appts together so we can lunch afterwards.
    I remember when Dennis first called me back (before I became a patient) to answer a few questions. The first thing I said was, "Oh it's like I'm speaking with a rock star!" he laughed.
    At my first appt I was amazed at how friendly he is, how he genuinely wanted to know about me and the boys and how supportive he was...a far cry from the knOB I had just fired. Like chalk and cheese!
    Anyway, enough prattling on by me...just wanted to let you all know there is another convert to the fold.

Hi girls!

Mamaduke, so glad to see you in here! I have been following your story on the other forum and Ros has kept me up to date, I am sooo excited for you that he is helping you with the MACS - he truly is a legend!!!

NellBell - I am positive he would take you on, he is a very experienced OB and I could not think of a better OB to have looking after you! Just don't be put off by Linda the recpetionist. And Ella was right about the costs as well - he is very very reasonable!

Ella - huni so close now!!! Make sure you let us know when your little princess comes into the world!

Hope everyone else is well.

My little piglet has put on over a kilo in a month, so he is doing really well!

Hi Mamaduke -- Dr D is really great and v approachable. He answers all your questions v quickly and in a matter of fact way -- which I really like. I think you should have a chat to him about your pg. I am sure he will be able to help. Do his fees depend on your health insurance? I'm not sure but remember that I was asked when I made an appointment.

Ella -- I am v excited for you. Good luck. How are you feeling?

Mel -- LOL yes, I have been using every cream can think of. They got better, then a bit bad again because I am trying not to use the shield. Although then I do because he decides he needs to feed every HOUR!!!!! He better grow big and strong! Used a dummy last night ... The look on his face made me feel like I should be locked up! Anyway it only lasted for less than 5 mins then he was off to sleep! *bliss*

relle - one of the girls from my Belly Buddies group will post a birth announcement for me once the baby arrives - so keep an eye out! i have been getting quite a few painful braxton hicks (esp in bed at night) and keep getting excited, but then... nothing!! aaghhhh!!! well, i'm trying to think of it as a good thing - my body is doing lots of prep work now, so hopefully when i finally go into labour it won't be quite as long and painful (probably no truth to this but it helps keep me sane!)...

Nox - i'm feeling very good still - i can't believe how lucky i have been to escape all of the nasty pregnancy complaints. i'm 39.5wks pg and still haven't had any back pain, pubic pain, or anything nasty to complain about... i'm just getting impatient now because i can't wait to meet our daughter, but i'm also happy for my body to keep "cooking" her as long as it thinks is necessary!!
    i already have a dummy packed for hospital!! i won't use it if she's having any issues with attachment, but if she's attaching well then the dummy will definitely be coming out!!

Hi girls,

Welcome NellBell. I hope you are lucky enough to be one of Dennis' patients. He is absolutely wonderful (as if you can't tell!!!) and I'm sure would be the perfect OB to manage a high risk pregnancy. As Relle said, beware of his receptionist, she can be a little rude at times. Best of luck and let us know how you go. He is one of the more cheaper OB's in Melbourne and the best!

Welcome to you to MamaDuke. I can't wait to hear more of your story. A MACS sounds fascinating. Glad you are happy with your choice, he is the best!

Relle - hi hun, your little piglet is growing! Must be all that good milk you give him. How is your patient? Is he getting better. You must be getting excited, or dreading the move? Call me if you need anything.

Ella - its lovely to hear a pregnant women who has not had those nasty ailments towards the end. Enjoy these last days of pregnancy, they are wonderful. We are all very excited for you. Go the dummy LOL!!!

Nox - hourly feeding is hard. I'm sure he'll drop off from that soon. Great to hear he is growing big and strong, you must be doing a great job. You do whatever you need to do to keep them happy and sleeping LOL!

NellBell Guest

Well all I can say is thankyou, thankyou, thankyou lovely ladies!

After all of your reassurance I called Dennis Price's rooms today and spoke to a LOVELY receptionist who is filling in for the next fortnight! She was so nice and took all my questions to pass on..........AND I just had a lovely chat with Dennis on the phone (I was so amazed he called me back personally). After talking about my blood condition and history of DVT he thinks there is no reason why we can't work together when the time comes for bubs next year!! WOOHOO
    And to add to that - he also said I could definately deliver at Cabrini (their intensive care would be fine for me if need be)! I have been looking the hospital up on the web and it looks fantastic. We are also very pleased that hubby can stay overnight if we are in a single room.

So, I am making an appointment (which might be a little while away seeing he is so busy!!) and look forward to my pre-pregnancy once over and chat.

I am absolutely elated that I can go and see him. Just need to make sure i'm on the phone to him as soon as that appears!

SO.... THANKYOU

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast