Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Mel, that is a brilliant idea! I am not sure why I didn't think of that ... although my laptop is old so it's battery doesn't last long ... possibly if I did that though no work would get done! Well, let's be honest, for the whole week no work has gotten done! For some reason motivation has gone down since I've been pregnant! Maybe any excuse ...!LOL

gigi01 Guest

Ooh - Mel - I like that idea too! I wonder if I can take my lappy out to the backyard and lie in the shade....Yes, I like the glass of cold water trick to get movement too. It usually seems to work but that little sucker was sleepy with a capital S on the weekend during the heat. kicking up a storm now while I type to you though!

relle - congratulations babe - that's awesome news. you are going to love it.

nox - there's no work really going on here either....LOL

Have a great day ladies,

gigi

work? what's that? i have been a TERRIBLE employee ever since i found out that i was pregnant... i try to concentrate and be productive, but i just get distracted so easily...

i'm feeling so much better about the whole pregnancy now that i've had the scan and have seen that everything is normal... my morning sickness hasn't returned and i'm enjoying feeling good!

i went to visit a friend in hospital last night (Royal Women's Hospital) who had a baby on sunday. OMG - i'm SO glad i have private health insurance now!! there were 3 women in her room, they have no privacy, they all have to go and line up in the hallway for their turn to use the communal toilet (which is shared by multiple rooms), and the ward is REALLY understaffed.. she had her baby early on Sunday morning, and the baby STILL hasn't been bathed!! the nursing staff have been too busy, and my friend is really immobile (she had an emergency C-section, and the wound is infected so she feels really rotten) so can't do it herself...

on a positive note, her baby is absolutley GORGEOUS!! i had forgotten how beautiful newborns are! she was so soft and snuggly!! i can't wait to meet mine now!! although it's still 7 months away - doh!!

gigi01 Guest

Ella - so glad you are feeling better babe and that's great about your friend's healthy baby girl! They are sooo gorgeous aren't they? they make you so clucky - your 7 months will fly....I still can't believe I am only 9 weeks away - it's just gone so quickly!

I know what you mean re the private hossy thing - after my stay in Cabrini last time, it's like a hotel really and I saw a girlfriend a few months after in a public and it made me glad that I was private too. Even though HBA isn't participating with Cabrini and I will be slightly out of pocket - I don't care! Bring on that double bed....

Gigi

Ahhh how lovely! It's all so exciting!

But work -- BAH! Still here, still HOT and still doing NOTHING! LOL

Oh well decided to take myself out for a cup of tea and to read the paper. Thought I should take advantage of being able to while I can.

BYW Ella, did you end up going to prego yoga?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi Girls!

It is so good to see everyone is doing so well and cooking their little bundles nicely! hehehehe

ohhh the time does fly doesn't it! I can't believe I am over half way already and only 19 weeks away from no 3......

Yep - it is definately unanimous - Cabrini is ace! Very hotel like and I must admit not even any other Private hospital I have seen lives up to the same standard especially the food! YUM

Gigi - thanks for the congrats hun - I am checking everyday and will let you know when the webpage is up and running!

9 weeks away! that is so close now! you are getting down to the pointy end of business! heheheheheh

Nox - good job on the cuppa and the paper, always a lovely way to start the day!

Well I have appt with FDC ladies on MOnday to have the boys in for either 1 or 2 days a week, so that will be less days I have to worry about getting on call childcare for when I have a delivery to go to!

Had better go, Cooper has just woken and wants to get up!

Hey there Relle -- was wanting to ask about the site ... how exciting that will be!

Gigi -- 9 weeks! That's so inconceivable! How wonderful!

Was talking with a friend the other day -- mother of 2 gorgeous boys -- and she was saying that she was fondly remembering how easy life was with just 1!!! Made me think because here I am thinking life will be chaos with 1!!! LOL That's why I decided to indulge while I could! (That and so many procrastination reasons, really)

Wonder Relle, if you will fondly remember life being so easy with just 2??!!! haha

Oh BTW -- brain is flagging ...

Was it you Relle who was saying that I should question the cost of my serum test?

Hey nox, no hun, it wasn't me about the cost. My serum test cost $100.10

I have been thinking about that you know! What will life be like????? I must admit going from 1 to 2 wasn't so much stressful in the "not knowing what you are doing sense of the word" but instead just really really busy. This time I think it will be chaos! (oh my) maybe all the more reason to have both the boys in care for 2 days a week, at least then the baby can have some 1 on 1 time with me!

OK Girls, I was talking to Kahmanya this morning about names and we have 2 options at the moment, let's see what you all think:

Carter Jett or Connor Jett???????

ETA: do you think it is bad that I already have the air con on! LOL

Ella - you are allowed to slacken off a bit, thats a pregnant womans perogative LOL!!! I agree with the you and the other girls, the public hospital system is terrible. Some of them boot you out after 48 hours and they wonder why so many women can't breastfeed, its because they are forced out before they are shown properly. Angliss is the same, 4 to a room and its so noisy! Baby always in the room with you as nursery usually isn't staffed. With Marley, I had her in the nursery every night and they bought her to me for a feed. They are much more relaxed with second babies and let you do what you want. First time they were more keen to have Chelsea in the room with me to experience what it was like to tend to her. We are all lucky that we can enjoy the comforts and food of a private hospital. Congratulations to your friend, I hope she starts to feel better soon.

Gigi - the next 9 weeks will fly by, they always do. Take time to relax and enjoy it.

Nox - it is stil hot! This muggy weather is awful. Enjoy your cuppa and paper reading. I did mine this morning while Marley was asleep and Chelsea is at creche/kinder. Life with one baby is beautiful, you will love it.

Relle - I can't believe you are halfway already. It seems like only a few weeks ago you were announcing your pregnancy. You have packed so much into those weeks with study and renovating. Great idea with the childcare, hopefully they will make things a bit easier for you.

Hey Mel, yeah that are great with 2nd babies too - I had Cooper in the nursery every night for a time, but still couldn't sleep - even with sleeping tablets on board! I was too wired! LOL

The midwives I think are really really patient with the breastfeeding ass well, they really do take the time to help you establish it.

Yep - I have packed lots in, cause I am trying not to think about the mayhem that my life will become!hehehehehehehehe

Don't worry girls you will be the first to know when it is up and running, you all don't know how much your support and encouragement to become a Doula has meant to me! huge *mwahs* to all of you!

Yes Mel, it is WAY to hot to work ... I have been searching for prego pilates and yoga online ... I know this was discussed a while ago on the original ILOVEDENNIS thread ... trying to find one isn't exactly hard, but for some reason it is not easy for me! Who knows why!

Relle, I like both your names but have a soft spot for Conner. Are you guys theming with the 'C's? Jett is such a great name. I know another little lad with that name. Also thanks re the $$ of the test because mine was much the same and someone did tell me to question it ... is prego brain a real thing? Think I have it!!! LOL

wow - things move fast in this thread!

Relle - i prefer Connor too (it's my bro's name, although he has the Irish spelling Conor).. although these days it's got very popular, so maybe that would lean me more towards Carter... they're both fantastic names!! i think there are so many good boys names around, but i don't seem to like too many girls ones...

Nox - i think i remember that the best pregnancy yoga place recommended to me was in East Melbourne (can't remember name, but will look up on google). i haven't actually been yet, but i've just given up my Thurs night sewing classes, so that gives me a night free to do yoga now...

Mel - when i went to see Cabrini a few weeks ago i wasn't that impressed (because everyone on here had described it as a hotel i had VERY high expectations), but after being to visit my friend last night i now think that Cabrini looks like a resort!! ha ha ha!! anyway, very glad to be going there, and also glad they have good food - i love my food!

Gigi - only 9 weeks to go - i'm jealous!! i have the longest to go in this thread!! hopefully we'll have another Dennis fan join us soon, so i can progress in the queue!!

gigi01 Guest

Hi ladies!

Relle - I am with the other girls - I like Connor Jett best. Love it. I think they say that you always reminisce about life before the last one being easy - as in, before one, it's just you and DH and it's easy. Then you have one - and you remember how easy it was without one, then you have two and you remember how easy it was with one etc etc - not that we would give them back of course!!!

Nox - I went to preggo yoga in East St.Kilda - not sure where you are - but it was really good. Not too full on - a real hippie of a teacher! LOL...

Ella - I think you will love Cabrini when you are in there. I have been to several other maternity hossies to see friends and it is the nicest I have been to. and yes, the food was great last time - you even get to order wine with dinner!!!

Yes, I am definitely at the pointy end of business now - 9 weeks and counting! Lots of movement from the alien still and regular BH contractions too. Can't wait to feel that familiar beginning of a real contraction (touch wood to go into natural labour again!). Have pretty well packed up my hossie bag too now - just have to buy my fave breast pads at BIG W (much cheaper....) and I will be ready to go!

It is still hot today isn't it! I found the weekend soooo hard.....

have a great day all

Gigi xx

Hi girls thought i would popp in and say hello to my favourite club!!

Is everyone okay? My 3 boys are certainly keeping me busy! Relle you are soon to find out!!!!!

:nana: Relle I told ya!!!! CONNOR is such a cool name!!! Love it!!

Hi girls,

Relle - I will throw a spanner in the works by saying I like the name Carter, its a bit more unusual than Connor. Was having "CJ" names something you decided before kids or after? My old boss had 3 boys all with J names and he and his wife had J names too! Very confusing!!!

Ros - I can't imagine how hectic life must be with 3 kids. Relle will be able to tell us soon enough. Then I will decide if I can handle another one LOL!!!! You guys can be my test guinea pigs!!!!

Nox - are you getting any work done today? I feel so unmotivated today and I'm not working LOL!!! Glad Chelsea is at kinder, makes the house a little bit quieter.

Another hot day! Can't wait for the weekend when it is supposed to be cooler. I don't envy you pregnant ladies with this heat. Stay cool everyone.

Hi Girls,

we just got back from our first trip to playgroup up here since we have moved and all went well. So hopefully it will become a weekly occurance! Just had a check and there is no sign of the webpage yet, will keep you posted.

I have my first official pre-natal booked in for next thursday night with a lady that is due the end of May, so I am really looking forward to that - but very nervous at the same time. I did loads and loads of research last night on VBAC and posterior bubs to help her out.

Nox- We actually did not intentionally set out with the CJ, we had it for Campbell and then I loved Cooper Jack, and now I don't think I can go right through the names of another letter of the alphabet!

By the way, the preggo brain is actually a fact! I have learnt this in my course! It is because of the hormones that a pregnant woman releases!!!!!!

Ella- LOL about Cabrini being a resort, just wait till you have been there - you will love it! The soundproofed rooms, double beds in most instances and then they just keep bringing all this yummy food to you! Yeah they are both good names, hence the problem! I told Rod last night that the vote is heading to Connor which he is happy about!

Gigi You poor thing with the heat! You would be feeling it the most of all of us! I don't know about looking forward to that first contraction! LOL I guess I should try to though! hehehe. How are you going today with the heat babe? Do you have aircon at all?

Ros you don't have to scare me! I am packing myself already! By the way, make sure you come to my next appt with Dennis so you can get your fix! LOL Don't forget - 13th March

Mel LOL at us being your guinea pigs - I don't know that I would be a good test case! hehehehehe I am so jealous of you and Ros, her older boys are at scholl and you have Chelsea at Kinder - I am hanging for 2009! LOL that is when Campbell will start kinder - sooooo far away!

OK well I had better go and get some work done on these modules, will chat soon!

Relle,

We have our next appointments with Dennis on the same day again! mine isn't until 4:15 though (or is it 4:30, i forget), because of the u/s time...

i've always said that i wanted at least 4 children (ideally 6), but now i'm wondering if i'll be able to cope with 1!! my mum had 5 kids with absolutely no family to help her (migrants), and one of my bro's is disabled - i don't know HOW she did it!!

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast