Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Ros -- you look stunning! Glad to hear you had such fun -- even if you have to mildly suffer today! Hope it's not too bad -- hung over w the kids ...

Gigi -- that does sound good re yoga. Most of my friends have taken a year off w the first one and then less with the next ... can't imagine a new place would go for that though! As you day, it is individual but I don't want to lock myself into less time off and then regret it later! Too many decisions as a mother. I am really gaining respect for mine! Don't tell her though! LOL

HEllo all - just thought I'd pop in and let you know I'm still alive - although barely awake! How do you do 3??? I have one and I'm exhausted even though he is a good little boy and sleeps lots. Having boob problems and am just expressing and sleeping a lot at the moment...Oh well. Part of the deal I think.

I loved the idea of all turning up to Ros's party in Dennis outfits! LOVE IT!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

HI girls

Nox How hilarious would that be! he does wear blue as well, the photos I have of him with the boys he is in blue! How is your tiredness going babe?

Gigi I thought that you mentioned the 6th - so you are first in to see him next love! Make sure we hear all about it!!!! I would hang to get to the fortnightly appointment, cause that finally meant you were nearly there didn't it! Weeklys are even better - closer still!

Ros See I told you! As always you were stunning and definately not looking worse for wear! Was it fun? Did you have a great night????

Kirsten So glad you are still alive babe! How do we do 3 - I have no idea, as me in 20 weeks when I am finally off my sav rocker! Hope the MCHN gives you some help with the boob issues hun. Honestly I think the first baby is the worse, cause it is all such a shock, whereas after that you get really tired, but it is not the shock factor iykwim????

OK girls, well I had better go and do some work, DH finally felt the little turkey move last night, so he was pretty stoked and of course as usual, it all became alot more real for him in that split second.

I have decided just to put Cooper in with Campbell at creche on a tuesday and not go with Family Day care, the lady was lovely, but I think Campbell has only just settled into crehce and Rod can pick them up on the way home from the station where the creche is.

Ohhh Girls this is just the funniest!!!!! I have to share this and will have to tell Dennis when I next see him!

I have photos of when I had Cooper and also some after having Campbell, and these albums are within Campbell's reach. Anyway Campbell has seen the gory shots and all cause I forgot they were in there, and he looks at all of our photo albums regularly. Obviously the photos haven't stressed him out, and I guess it is not much different to him witnessing his brother's birth, so I don't really mind that he understands. If it upset him, I would pack them away.

Anyway, I saw him looking at them and he said "Mummy's bottom is sore, she is in hospital cause Cooper is coming out" Then I said to him a bit later, how does the baby come out and his comment just then was" Dr Dennis helps mummy in hospital to get the baby out of mummy's tummy and her bottom is sore when the baby comes out and Dr Dennis makes you better! "

How awesome is that! I did not even say to him about Dennis, He knows I go to see him and he has put all of this together ( There is also a photo of Dennis with Rod Cooper and I directly after the birth), so he has put all of this together!!!!! How smart is my little boy that is only 3 in March!

That is just SO DIVINE!!!!! I love it -- how adorable! He is so totally part of the ILOVEDENNIS club -- you can tell that he is! And as you say so clever!

BTW Relle, went to Cabrini yesterday re signing in & classes etc. Told them I was having a doula and midwife was fine but asked some details. I told her that my doula, although a student, was a regular there and a Dennis regular and she was absolutely relieved and became even more encouraging about it! Thought you'd love that! She was also full of praise re Dennis!

oohh Thanks hun for the feedback! Was it Helen you saw? I told Helen the other day that I was studying to become a Doula. How exciting by the way, doing all of the official booking in - feels even more real now doesn't it! lol

I can understand them being concerned if the client felt that they didn't have faith in the Dr or Hospital, but as you say I love both so I am glad she was cool with that!

gigi01 Guest

Hi girls,

Relle - so funny re your little boy - how clever he is! Love the Doctor Dennis call.....yep - I am in to see him next and will fill you all in on how it goes. can't wait - have a few questions and you are so right, as soon as you get onto the fortnightlies you know you are almost there - and then weeklies! bring it on! (except when he sees you weekly and after each appointment says - "well, I think I will be seeing you next week..." each time. Just once i'd like him to say "well, might see you delivering before next week!" LOL.

Kirsten - glad to hear The Mighty Quinn is a good sleeper - that's half the battle babe. Sorry that boob issues are hounding you - well done though, it's a daunting task if things aren't going to plan with BF. get as much rest as you can.

Nox - how are you feeling babe? exciting re the hossy book-in - makes it feel so real don't you think? good luck with your time off questions - hope all works out.

Not much news here - Alien has got to that 32 weeks stage of not moving as much but more painful movements with what I am assuming is a bottom up close to my right ribs. lots of BH -and mine are strong so the tightening is amazing in my belly. it really changes shape and points forward. am going to ask "Dr Dennis" about my belly on Tuesday - when I lie on my back it still is flattening out and not still sticking up and outwards, like it did with Ella at this same stage. weird - I guess they're all different though!

anyway ladies, have a great day and speak soon. Stay well.

gigi xx

Hi Ladies!

i have some questions for all those who have used the u/s clinic in Malvern. will they give me a dvd/video of the 12-week NT scan? i know that my sis and SIL have both been given all of their scans on dvd or video... when i went in for my emergency scan last week, the equipment didn't look that high tech in the clinic, but maybe that's just because they were only concerned in seeing a heartbeat, so didn't bother adjusting the resolution or anything to suit...

very cute story about your son Relle - very clever for him to put the jigsaw of info together!!

nox, you have just reminded me that i'm meant to fill in my paperwork for cabrini sometime soon too. can i just walk in to the ward and ask for the forms? i can't remember what the instructions from dennis's receptionist were!!

gigi01 Guest

Ella - yes, the Malvern US clinic will do DVD and video - you can take your own VHS or recordable DVD and it will be cheaper or they have them there that you can purchase.

Hope you're feeling well!

gigi

Ella -- I didn't get a DVD for my 12w because it never occurred to me to be honest! However I am bringing one in for my 20w! I never got anything from Dennis re Cabrini so I rang and filled everything out there.

Gigi -- I am really feeling great, to be honest. Although I am still incredible disorganised with my work. I do a lot of work from home and this is becoming a disaster!

I got offered the perfect job and for the first time in my life had to actually say no! It would involve too much stress on baby both now and in the future. I'll tell you, I feel so guilty, but I cried about it and was so upset that I was pregnant for the first time ever! Anyway, am over it now -- nothing a pack of TimTams and a dozen baby mags won't eventually fix! LOL

Relle -- it was Helen. They are really lovely there. It is really real now, isn't it? It was the signing up for all those classes (we couldn't get into the Sunday ones so have to go weekly). Wow a real commitment!LOL

So many things to oragnise for this!! How do you all do it???? I am just confused and staggering!!!!!

thanks gigi! i will bring along a writeable dvd then! how exciting! how much does the scan cost (approx)?

i'm feeling pretty well lately! i've had a few dizzy spells, some very minor nausea and i'm pretty tired, but nothing too taxing... the weeks are starting to pass by quicker too which is more fun!

thanks nox, i'll just do the same. call cabrini up then head in to fill out the forms. might see if i can drag my DH with me too - he hasn't been in there yet...

gigi01 Guest

Ella - I think it's about $170 (??Relle?? - do you remember?) all up and they will tell you how much you get back. They make you pay up front but accept credit etc. the DVD/VHS is so good to have and look back on!

Watch out for those dizzy spells - I had that too and it turned out my blood pressure was really low, and I found it worse in the heat!

Nox - glad that the tim tams worked to get you over the work thing. those emotional rollercoasters are pretty full on aren't they!

have a great night all. am away for the weekend from tomorrow to stay with mum and dad as DH is going fishing. (yeah, read drinking bourbon from hip flasks and talking about football!)

Gigi xx

Hi girls, will just pop in quickly. Yep the scan are about $160 for 12w and $190ish for 20 wks.

I know why you girls had nothing from Dennis' rooms, cause I think when you would have had your first appt Linda was away on holidays, and she normally gives you a little slip telling you to ring and make an appointment after your 10th Week. If you ring the Cabrini main number and ask for the ante natal office between 9.30am and 1ish ( Nox??) to make your appt.

Nox - Helen is really lovely isn't she, really great at answering all of your questions, and the couple of times I have spoken to her on the phone she has also been great. Sweety, that is such a shame about the job. But you are right, at the moment you need to put yours and the baby's needs above everything else hun.

Ella I have had quite alot of headaches and dizziness with this pregnancy as well, and am having quite an emotional I can't cope with three kids today. Heaven help me!

Gigi - I hope you have a great weekend with your parents hun, make the most of having them run around after no 1!

Relle: Mummy's bottom is sore! I LOVE IT!!! The feral is tooooooo cute!

I am feeling more like a human today - Quinn went to the Chiro yesterday and that sorted him right out - he slept lots last night - night before not much sleeping and lots of crying.

I love it at the end of "The Dennis Experience" how he says I might see you next week, any day now. He told me twice that he thought I wouldn't make it to my next appointment. The second time he was right. I get to see him again on the 22nd March, maybe i will wear a pink RL polo shirt and funky glasses and wear my I LOVE DENNIS badges Maybe I will get a t-shirt made for Quinn to wear too

Good Morning girls, just popping in before heading off to Playgroup!

Glad to hear the chiro fixed the mighty Quinn up, fahncy! Man I hate the bad nights - they are a shocker! Rod was always really good and settled the boys in the middle of the night, cause they could always smell my milk and that made them worse.

I know my big man is a crack up sometimes! He is really starting to turn some corners now.

I saw Dennis the morning I went into labour and had a show before I saw him and I said I will be seeing you tonight, and he said - not likely! He was right, but it wasn't that much longer either.

We had better go, will catch you girls a bit later

Hi girls,

I had another Doula Appointment last night for a girl due in May and it was great!

It went really, really well and I am feeling much more confident in my choice of profession! Strangely enough, she has alot of the same issues/reasons for wanting support 2nd time round as I did, so I totally understand her line of thinking and am looking forward to supporting her and hopefully having the outcome she would love to have for her birth! I meet with her again in a month for our next appt!

I am LOVING becoming a Doula!

How is everyone else doing? What are we all upto for the weekend?

ETA: Oh man, Campbell is cracking me up! Campbell has got the tiniest little sore on his leg and I am sitting next to him on the computer and he said" Mum Dr Dennis needs to fix Campbell's Leg" . How cute is that!!!!

thanks for the u/s quotes! some of the girls in my Belly Buddies group are being charged up to $245 for their 12-week scan - makes $170- sound like a bargain!

i had my maternal serum blood test this morning. gee i HATE blood tests!! my veins are hard for them to find and they always poke around a few times before they actually get it right - ouch!

my DH loves ralph lauren polo shirts.. i'll have to buy him a pink one and give it to him when it's time to go to hospital - that way he'll fit right in in the delivery room!! ha ha ha!

We should get all our DHs in pink polos in the delivery room! How hilarious would that be? LOL

Relle -- I am so happy for you re the Doula-ing! It is really your calling. My DH can't wait to meet you BTW.

Have a great night ladies. Just having a quick lay down before dinner tonight.

ox

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast