Thread: "Grabbing" Abdo Pains

Default "Grabbing" Abdo Pains

Hi everyone again - i have been reading my "what to expect when you're expecting" book (maybe I should say manual!!) and apparently what I'm experiencing is normal and I don't really have to worry (I'll check with doctor anyway) but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing them. If I roll over or get up quickly either from lying down or standing up, i feel like I have a sharp muscle strain in the sides of my abdomen - I'm pretty sure it's just muscles and ligaments stretching, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it? It's quite a sharp grabbing pain (also in the "manual") that lasts for a few seconds and intensifies if I cough and then goes away. I have had a u/s etc since this happened and everything is fine, so I'm not really worried. Just need a little reassurance I guess!!
    Anyone else had this?

Yes I'm with you on that one, I find when I get off the toilet, lounge, out of bed, etc, I tend to get the pain, I've been supporting my belly when I get up and find it helps. I had similar pain in my last to pregnancies and the midwifes have said it's to do with the body stretching and not being supported with the extra weight. I found it went away as I got further along, I'd mention it at your next check up they might suggest a belly bra or something similar that may help!
    Hope all goes well and that nasty pain disappears.

Hi, I'm 34 wks pg and remember having those pains in the first trimester. Every time I reached up or moved suddenly I would get a pulling ligament pain, it really hurt and freaked me out! I was told it's just everthing stretching and preparing for the baby, as long as there's no bleeding don't worry. Hang in there, the pain will go away....