Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you tell your partner?

1st time I didnt know and had been going to the Dr's for 2 weeks with bad cramps etc, then decided he would check my urine again for a infection. DH said he knew I was PG when I came out of the toilets at the Dr's with PIAC.. the Dr had his back towarsds me turns around and tells me im PG.. I was like ''No im not"". When I walked out DH grabbed me, hugged me & said "'Your Pg aint you?"

2nd time I was really sick on a Monday morning and thought I felt fine when I got up to DD through the night, thats when it hit me that AF was 2 days late. Went in and tested (we had been TTC for 1 month)and I got a +, he knew when I came out all smiles!! Sadly it ended in a M/c

This time I didnt think I was PG but tested anyway cause I was 8DPO and got + so I did 6 more tests and got more + so I called him cause he was at work.

Mine wasn't overly dramatic... I got up at 6am and tested 10DPO. Shel knew I was testing but we were both sure it was going to be -ve, so it wasn't very exciting. There was a second line, and I almost jumped out of my skin. I ran into the bedroom and jumped on the bed (a water bed!) and said "come have a look" and Shel said "I don't need to, it's +ve isn't it?"

LOL, I bugged her so much that she got up to have a look, and the look on her face said it all. I didn't think she actually expected to see a second line!

We didn't get back to sleep that morning, we just sat around with these big cheesy grins on our faces!

i had been feeling sick for a few days but put it down to gastro was going around work and just thought it was that but on the friday i noticed AF was late!! so i went to the chemist to get a HPT came home and did it.. was sitting on the couch reading a mag and glanced over and saw two bright blue line and almost fell of the couch by this time it was 5.15 and DP should of been home but he was late so i called and no answer and called 2 more times still no answer.. i remember saying to myself while walking back and forwards 'oh my god i going to be a mummy" while waiting for DP to get home just then he pulled up i went flying out to the car and dragged him inside into the kitchen and held up the test and said 'im pregnant' he looked at the test with a shocked looked and said 'im going to have shower"!! when he came out he was smiling saying 'im going to be a daddy'!!

then to make sure i did 3 more tests and they were bright bright blue!!

We had endured our 5th cycle of IVF ICSI and I became really sick about a week and a half after embryo transfer. I had ovarian hpyerstimulation syndrome and was hospitalised. I had heard that having it come on so late after the stimulation drugs could indicate a pregnancy but the local GP didnt believe me. He eventually spoke with our FS who bet him 5Cents that it was true!!!!! (I cant believe only 5cents) I had ordered a big box of tests from the internet and when we came home from hosp DH had to go out and get a few things from the shops. He made me promise not to test without him, it was torture. The blood test still wasnt scheduled for about 3days. When he came home no mention was made of doing the test right away so while he was outside I did it and when I saw those two lines I couldnt contain myself!!! I rushed outside to him and just shoved it in his face, threw my arms around him and we stood in disbelief for a while before the kisses and tears and shakes started. Not quite what I had planned over the years but special anyhow. It was really hard to keep it from friends and the whole town as a lot of ppl were asking why I had been in hospital: we just kept saying a tummy thing but I think a few worked it out. Because I was still sick for a few weeks and because we had tried for 10 years, he was very attentive and protective of me for AGES. I loved it!!! And to make sure it was really true I used another 9 tests over the next week lol

Hey, does anyone else here still have the POAS they used? Or am I just weird?

lol well i do, but mine was done a bit mor recently than yours!

But my friend, whose eldest is 10, still has that test! (though its gone a bit yellow and gross!)

I have all my +ve tests from my pgcies with DH. The others I threw out when I m/c'd as I was hurting so bad. I wish I hadn't now, but teenagers do things they regret...
    I have 3 from Kat, about 7 from Jess and with this one, I've got about 12 and all marked DPO as I was keeping track this time hehehehe

1st Pregnancy - Woke up at 4am to do the 1st urine test, positive so I sat on the lounge crying, smiling, shaking for half an hour then woke my husband up at 4.30 and asked him to come to the kitchen. I placed the test results on the box and he straight away knew what I was getting at. Hugged, kissed, cried together at 4.30am - it was amazing.

2nd Pregnancy - Away on holidays in Sydney and Ive been telling husband how im feeling sick etc wasnt really late for periods, anyway he said 'just buy the test and see'. Went back to hotel, did the test and positive straight away, went out to husband crying and shaking, hugged and kissed eachother, it was nice to have our daughter there so we all shared the wonderfull moment. It is an amazing rush when you find out, my whole day was filled with tears and joy - over the moon.

We had been TTC for a while before this pregnancy. When I got my BFP it was in the morning and DH was at work. I baked a cake in a log tin, then iced it white with two blue lines. When I brought it out after dinner that evening he didn't have the faintest idea what it was all about! Ended up having to bring out the pg test and show him!

Default 2:18 wake up call!!

we had been TTC too and my TTM had been all over the place beforehand so when mine was late, it wasn't unusual. but i was hoping i was pregnant so i tested after a few weeks.

i wanted to use my first morning wee for the HPT and that was just after 2am so at 2:18am i rushed into the bedroom and woke up my hubby saying :"guess what, i'm prengnat?" and he said "really??" we were so excited that we couldn't get back to sleep until 3:30am.

don't think we'll forget that!! we went to the drs to confirm that day.
    and yay i'm 7 weeks, 5 days pregnant... i can't believe that i thought my morning sickness was me detoxing (cos i was trying to be healthy that week). haha.

We had a plan that if i found out i would send him a single red rose and that way if he was at work or whatever it would be a nice surprise but i did the test at 4pm just b4 he finished work and didnt have time to organise it and i was too excited to wait so i sent him a text msg saying "im sending you this instead of a red rose, i love you" Within a minute he was on the phone and we were both over the moon. Second time around it was more of a i think i'm pg might test got a pos but had some spotting so there was alot of unsurity and alot less excitement we both wanted it but wanted to make sure the spotting stopped etc so we missed the whole exciting first couple of days.

Good luck with the TTC

My DH knew exactly what was going on with my cycle, and I had warned him a few days earlier that I'd had a temp dip, which I wasn't sure if it was implantation or AF coming early. So I got up in the morning, and randomly decided to do a test, monstly to kill some time and to confirm what I was sure would be a negative, when a cross appeared! So after being hysterical for about five minutes, I had a whole thirty second debate in my head as to whether to call him, or wait for him to come home, but in the end I called him at work and let him know! He came through the door with a big grin on his face. So I couldn't really have kept it a secret for long, but I'm planning more exiting ways to tell my parents!

I tested the week before Christmas and got a positive. I called DF at work and told him I had an early present for him. He didnt want to wait till he got home to find out what it was and I said "You're gonna be a Dad" and he was so excited but he didnt want to tell anyone at work and they were asking him all day what he was grinning about

Sorry this might be long..

well with our 1st BHL had been away for 3 mths and I had rung him up when he had been away for about 3 weeks to tell that the test results for his sperm test had come back and we were told that he has a short supply and that it would take us longer that the average jo to have a baby ( it had alreally been 18 mths ) but as we were only 20 doc didnt want to try anything yet. So we thought that when he got back we would go to a new doc and start thing rolling anyway when he had been away for about 10 week I was feel really run down had the flu and just felt crappy so took myself to a new doc and he asked if I could be PG I told him No and told him about our results and way he had a poke around told me to take the pee test that there is was a big fat Plus I had been PG the whole time we must have fallen just after his test and just before he left.. Anyway I then had to ring him and tell my BHL that we were PG and that yes it is his ( well he had to ask ) so the next time he came home I was 4.5 mth PG with big boobs ( the first time ever ) and a not so little pot...

With our 2nd we had been tring for 2 year and once again had just had all the test but this time the GP was really nice and once realised that BHL count was even less than last time sent us to the gyno who was a real pig, as he kepted saying how great it was to look at young overies for onces and then looked at BHL's results and told us that if we were 10 years older ( we were 23) he would start stright away with helping us but as we were so young and had so much time he didnt want to see us for a year.. Still makes me mad who cares who old we were.. anyway I stoped all caffine and we went wild for the next mth and you we got PG so this time we were both watching the two lines come up I started to cry as did he then we had to go out with mil and fil and act as though nothing was different....

for our 3rd we had only just started trying ( 3 mths ) when I just new I was PG I told BHL he didnt believe me so we took a test then he still wouldnt believe me as the line was very faint so we waited a few more days and the line was nice and strong we were both very happy even if BHL may have felt a bit ripped off as he thought he had a good 6 mths of trying before we would once again head of to the doctors LOL ...

Sorry if this was a bit long a boring...
    Last edited by New Dawn; January 23rd, 2008 at 11:49 AM.

rhyb Guest

Awww everyones are so cute, mine's horrible. Sorry this is so long... We'd only been together a month (and yes using condoms) when I realised my period was late so jokingly my best friend bought a pregnancy test for me and bought it round to my place. I didn't want to do it but he talked me into it with the old "the old lady at the store scowled at me so now you have to do it" line lol, so I gave in and did as I was told. We were joking around that I'd get my 'monthlys' any second when he squeaked "it's positive" I was in disbelief so I did another. Same result so I decided to tell my partner but couldn't bare doing it face to face in case he demanded I abort or that bub wasn't his and was too hysterical to call him, so I was mean and SMSed him, explaining that I understood if he didn't want to see me anymore and that if that was the case I wouldn't hate him or demand child support. He didn't check his phone til he was at work and dam near had a heart attack. So happy my SMS was completely paranoid and that were now engaged all excited about bub coming!! Only 4 more months to go!! lol

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

My DP & i always spoke about how we loved the GOLDEN BOOKS as a child.

So, I had kept aside a for the day I would hopefully become pregnant a GOLDEN BOOK about a DADDY bear & his little bear.

When I finally found out i was pregnant after nearly 3yrs of trying to concieve I went up to DP telling him how I had a gift for him.

It was the GOLDEN BOOK with a little letter popped in at the back page addressed DEAR DADDY, ....

I can't remember it right now (do have it hidden in wardrobe) but it was as if it was written from our unborn child about how he/she can't wait for HIM to read them this book when they finally arrive !!

DH thought it was such a special way to be told ... And also a beautiful keepsake to keep for the baby when they are older

Best of Luck with TTC. I hope the journey is short for you

With DD I tested 19dpo (or 5 days after AF was due). It was a saturday morning and i woke up early
    (6ish) and poas. The line came up straight away and was very dark (darker then control line). I walked out and woke DH and said "we did it!" his reply "really? let me have a look" LOL. We conceived on our 4th cycle (TTC#2 is proving a bit more difficult)

ETA: I don't have the stick anymore but I did take photo's of it. I kept it for a while but it ended up getting a bit discoloured LOL so I threw it out.
    Last edited by Nadine; January 23rd, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Im gonna do mine a bit like a time line, so it doesnt ge confusing.
    Sunday: DP and I had a HUGE fight, which we put down to PMS...so went on thinking was over for that cycle.
    Mid Week: I was sitting down while on my break at work, when i noticed a 'presence' in my tummy. I was pretty convinced i was, but DP wasnt when i told him of my 'signs'.
    Friday: AF was due. Had AF cramping, went to loo and saw EWCM...and lots of it. So i msgd DP and asked him to research online if it could be a sign, and it came up that it could be (i was at work).
    Saturday: Woke up, DP and i had both vowed to not test till Monday so that it cut back on some disapointment. We decided to test just because, and to see what the new tests were like. I see a VERY faint line, dont mention it to DP, then he mentions a faint line, and i was like yea i def see it too!! I was convinced, DP wasnt. We weren't expecting it...esp considering it wasnt first morning urine.
    Sunday: Took another test and the line was still faint but more viewable. I took a photo of it, and the line was viewable in the photo.
    Monday: Another test, still faint. Went to docs and got blood test.
    Tuesday: Called for blood results. They werent in.
    Wednesday: Called for blood results, they were positive!!

Ive saved my tests from the Sunday onwards. Might throw them out, keeping only one, coz im going to do like a scrap book thingy. It was just so trippy coz since the huge fight we had we both definately thought it wasnt our cycle..plus was the first time temping, and we didnt know which day i had ovulated coz it was all jumbled...and our BD patern around ovulation left 2 days between BD and ovulation. It didnt look promising, but we got the result we wanted but werent execting for that cycle, and now we have a beautiful girl growing in my tummy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast