Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Vent Thread #1

Have you treid to sleep sitting up ? I find that helps when i get to uncomfortable.

I really want a stomping feet icon. I am feeling like crap. I seem to have developed a cold despite the 35+ degrees! I've had a swollen and awful throat for the last 3 days and can't make it stop hurting even though I've done salt water gargles, throat lozengers etc. My nose has started running and bleeding. My eyes are itching. I am boiling hot and can't get cool - then have a wonderful moment of chills. I have a fever (haven't taken my temp but can feel it) and FEEL LIKE CRAP! It would be manageable if I wasn't alredy feeling down and out with this pregnancy at the moment or if DH was here to look after me. *sniffle* I'm such a sook!!!! I hope this fever breaks soon and the cold goes away!

Caro - how's that back and foot?

Percy - have you managed to get some sleep? It's awful not sleeping isn't it?

Oh MG and Caro i hope you are feeling better soon. I think i may be getting what you have MG as my DF has it also! Lucky us hey!!
    Percy try darkening your room and laying there for a while with your eyes closed, listen to a relaxation cd?
    MG i just had a thought! With the heat, do you have a foot spa? If so try that for the cooling off. I am going to have to do it today as its going to be hot. Its only 9:15 and im already getting puffy!!
    Caro, sorry to hear about the sneezes, im lucky to sneeze 3 times in a row!!

I am sick of poor circulation, dihorrea (i have had it most of this tri, it comes and goes although it seems to be getting worse!!) and just generally not being able to move. BHs are getting worse, all day, EVERYTIME bubba moves i get one! WTF!! He is definately doing the awake/sleep pattern like a newborn, AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!! It also doesnt help that i have a 2yo who has decided to create havoc all day.... Oh bring on the labour so i can have a holiday in hospital!!! LOL
    Love to all.....

scorpiomum i so here you on a toddler creating havoc all day i have a 4yr old well nearly 4 and a 20month old and OMG what havoc they can both cause when i want 10mins peace.
    Also i am with you with the stay in hospital i can't wait to 4 days with someone bring me breakfast, lunch & dinner in bed LOL
    DH always calls it my mini holiday.

I cant stand being away from DS either, but im sure DF will bring him in twice a day or more. Oh i forgot about the breakfast lunch and dinner deliverys, i will also have to get DF to make me some fried rice and pork stuff i love to eat! As hospital food (here in my area) isnt too good, tastes like plastic to me! LOL. But the holiday sounds sooooo good!

Debbie Lee Guest

Caro - I too am looking forward to my holiday in hospital! I'm going to use it as a special time to bond with my new baby... tho I will miss Gabby incredibly. With any luck I won't be in there for 5 days like last time (due to not having a caesar ).

Scorpio - uno what? I like hospital food!! LOL I love how it's brought right to you. It doesn't take much to impress me obviously! Good idea getting your DF to make up the food you like tho.

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! Lesson learned, hey Caro? Hospital politics bites big time.

Caro - that's awful!
    I have already told DH I'm limiting my hospital stay to 2 days - when you work in a hospital why would you want to stay in one? But having read some of the stories on BB - I might think about staying longer.

Deb - you sick sick girl!!! LOL - I hate hospital food. With a pashion! But I'm on a first name basis with the operators of the two hospital cafe's adjacent to my hospital and I've already warned DH and friends at work that they're on call to bring me food if the ward stuff is too bad! LOL.

I'm over being pregnant and my lowered immune system. Why can't I fight an illness at the moment? I've never had a cold for this long. Ever. I want it gone. I want my energy back. This morning I've dragged myself out of bed to the couch and am sitting here thinking how lovely it is to sit and how much my body is NOT complaining about sitting still (I'm always on the go) and I DON'T LIKE IT! I want energy and I want activity! I feel so old. Not long to go now tough...

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL MG.... yep, I'm weird. I like plane food too

LOL Debbie at liking hosp food... I think ive had that much of it (VSD repair pneumonia and collapsed lung etc all ended me up in hosp as a kid) i am not liking it anymore. I used to love it when i was younger... Maybe the thought of being able to choose what i wanted. At Wollongong hosp you have like a smorgass (sp?) board that you chan get things yourself, all the yummy kind, but i wont be staying there i am labouring there and then being transferred to Shellharbour hosp which is closer (5 min drive compared to 20 or so) the only downfall is that i cant have bubby at Shellharbour. But its ok coz the midwives at shellharbour hosp are nicer than wollongong! If you get my drift... I hope to only stay a few days in hosp but with my heart i may have to stay longer... I hope i dont have complications.
    Im getting scared now, only 5 weeks and 6 days till im due, I could "go" any minute.
    MG REST! Maybe its your body getting you ready for the big day, as you have said you were 6 weeks early!!
    Caro, i hope your hayfever dissapears shortly!
    Love Jen

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiomum View Post
    MG REST! Maybe its your body getting you ready for the big day, as you have said you were 6 weeks early!!
    Jen - this has been on my mind today.... keep looking at my pile of stuff for hospital and my empty suitcase wondering if I should make myself pack - how long have I been meaning to pack for? ROFL

MG i hope you are feeling better soon nothing worse than being sick when pg and not being able to take anything for it.

I like hospital food as well and not sure how long i will stay in for. I'm having a c-section so i know i will be in for at least 3-4 days. I'm looking forward to a little rest.

I've had the sweat like that also Caro and so much at night lucky with the cooler weather i haven't been as bad.

When i had Alex he was born at 2.36pm on a Wednesday i was out of bed the next morning and home on the Sunday morning. But i was only in that long because he was in special care until the Saturday afternoon.

Yep Caro that was with a c-section they like to get you out of bed as soon as possible.

They liked you to be out after 3-4days when i had Alex not sure what this hospital will be like.
    I don't know how long i will stay in for as i know i will have to share a room and i don't like that idea. I was lucky with Alex i had a room to myself but with Kimberley i had to share area with 3 other mums but i could have been sharing with at least 8 new mums and babies.

Are the sweats a pregnancy thing? I've been waking really icky lately but just assumed it was either the silly hot weather or my cold! Maybe I can blame the sweats on my cold? Waking sweaty when the weather is cool making me colder? LOL. I find that I'm waking all sweaty and boiling so kick the covers off only to want them back on in 5 seconds!

Michelle - I thought the 3-4 day was about average for a c-sect. I'm going private and the hospital advises 4-5 days in hospital which is 1 day longer than the public hospitals. although they'll keep you longer if there is a reason. The way I'm feeling at the moment - I'm starting to view the hospital stay as a holiday as well... I'm even going to leave DH a list of things to do so I don't have to do anything when I get home! ROFL. I'm so cruel!

I have to say I'm over the breathlessness I've developed today. It sux. Just sitting reading a book I felt breathless (and it wasn't even anything exciting I was reading!). Really - I love being pregnant. I just don't love these little "side effects" I'm suddenly getting!

Caro I am going to Joondalup and they have single or double rooms.
    I'm also going public.

Not unless all the double rooms are being used at the time but you never know i might be lucky and get a single room due to the fact I've half lived at the hospital since 26wks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast