Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

Yay for Jazzy Murph...onwards and upwards from here hun.

Well.....we had a follow up visit withour FS today to get the result of the AMH and to have an antral follicle scan to see how my egg reserve is fairing at the grand old age of 41. My AMH is....wait for it....14.5. Woohoo for awesome egg reserves! My scan showed about 5 small follies one ovary and 8ish on the other...normal expectation for an old fart like me is maybe 4 total so 2 on each ovary and an AMH of maybe 4-7....so basically I have the reserves of a much much younger person...go me! On the downside the quality of likely diminishing with every passing millisecond so with that in mind we are looking at going back in maybe April next year and the FS is happy with that now based n the good results today.....all in all I am a bit gobsmacked...was praying for a 4 on the AMH 14.5 is just freaking awesome!!

well done mel, great numbers.

Yay, that's awesome!

Big congrats grub. Take care of yourself.
    And well done to little Jazz, Murph.
    Yay Mel. DS is truly keeping you young at heart and other places too

big congrats melbel!!! that's fab news.

That's so awesome Melbel, at least now you don't have to rush into anything too soon and can enjoy your time with Connor a bit more.

Well, what a humbling experience to log on yesterday and find so many of you cheering us on. Grub, I never had a PIG when I had Jazzy, so I was chuffed to find you my self-appointed PIG for her surgery updates. I was really struggling with my "smart arse" phone and man I stuffed up so many FB posts so I didn't even try to get onto BB. I'm getting soft in my old age. I just bawled reading all the love for jazzy and realising that many of our relationships in BB are more real than others in so called real life.

I'm still travelling at the moment and will be home tomorrow night so will give a better update and debrief (that's a threat) The surgery went absolutely excellently and she only had to be under anaesthetic for 3 hours which is amazing when you see the x-rays and see all the hardware in that little skull. Taking her to theatre was really confronting and real, receiving her after the srgery all broken looking and bandaged was sickening (but it was all about me not being prepared and feeling so revoltingly guilty for putting our little possum through all this pain when she's not even sick. Just something you can't rationalise and I'm sure all parents feel this guilt.

We got some smiles today and slowly the guilt is subsiding, the pain of her little head and our hearts is lessening and we now have a fantastic future to look forward to of teaching, learning and lovely, glorious sound

Oh Murph, I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you guys! We're all so happy for you though, that it's gone so well for little Jazzy. I'm sure this is a good thing for her.
    Go get some sleep

haha Marcellus, I'm about to turn into a pumpkin but you know how glorious the solitude and silence is when everyone is sleeping and all is right with the world. I just had to come and do a big fat P.S to Grubby for huge congratulations. Believe it or not, I was thinking of you as well as my sleeping possum on Monday and hoping you had fantastic news. Even DH said a big "Yay" for you. I couldn't think of any code speak for FB either so I just sent you my ESP vibes. Yayyyyyyyy for the new Grubby bubby.

Nigh night, I'm going to crash....zzzzzzzzz

barney Guest

sending murph and jazzy the biggest hugs eva.havent stopped thinking of you both hun xoxo

oh murph great to see you were able to log on. Yeah knew you wouldn't mind if i kept the girlies abreast of what was happening as I knew they all were thinking and praying and hoping that Jazzy did well (and you were okay too!).

You so need to get a video camera and do fb uploads... I want to see her delight when she hears to dogs wrestle or the toys sing! You've opened up a whole new world for her and I hope you can come to terms with the guilt. I don't pretend ot even have a glimmer of what you are talking about, but I can tell you now Jazzy will never say "I wish you didn't try!"

and thanks so much for the thoughts as well. we are so super excited. have told nearly eveyrone but am just holding off FBing it.

well i'm nearly 8 weeks along and have been sitting on the throne (where all good queens belong anyway!) for most of the arvo/night with the runs ugh. Am getting serious girl vibes but who bleating well ever knows!

we think we've decided to not find out the sex of this baby. we found out with Ash but as this will likely be my last bub and i love surprises so much i nearly pee myself xmas morning, this time i think i'd like the surprise (and lets face it peeing myself ain't going to worry me too muchly lol).

It took Ash nearly 2 hours to drop off to sleep tonight! he was really tired but just laying there, mostly quietly, sometimes standing. I just left him to it! we had dh's chrissy party today and he didn't get the sleep he usually does!

Murph, have a safe trip home. sorry to ramble on. dh went to bed very early so it's blissfully quite here atm and i'm at a loose end! *ignore washing up* lol.

OMG is this selfish or what. DH is planning on taking Xavier on a trip over to Adelaide to see the family early next year. Hopefully he will have weaned by then he will be 13 months old. But I am not sure how I feel about him going away from me. Silly really as Campbell will still be at home with me. Cant pass up $220 return flights but cant really afford for all of us to go at the moment. This is even worse it wouldnt be bothering me if it was Campbell going instead of Xavier. He is just do little. Campbell was 2.5 before I spent a night away from him, and he has never been away from both of us. Silly really I have a friend who has been palming her baby of to her mother overnight since she was 3 months old.

Hope the throne is comfy Grub

I don't think that's silly at all Saph, I'd be the same. Couldn't imagine being away from DS like that at only 13 months. He was 2 before we left him overnight And he's had 1 sleep over at my parents. I'm ok about him doing it more now, since he actually sleeps ok most nights, but it's just not always convenient (as they live quite far away).
    Anyway, if it were me I'd be getting DH to take the older boy, so totally get where you're coming from

oh saph i'm with marcellus! not silly at all! I just wouldn't let it happen. Maybe i'm mean but mummy and baby stick together. If the sale has come up now, it will come up again when he's a bit older and you are more comfortable.

Is your dh happy to wait a bit? or is it all about timing for work hols etc?

good luck with it!

That's not silly saph. I had to fly to NZ for a funeral when DS1 was 15months old. I only stayed one night, but it was weird and i missed him.

Grub - i wouldn't find out the sex if i had another baby. I did for the boys, but i wouldn't do it again. Hope the tummy settles soon!

barney Guest

YouTube - DSCF5750

short look at my girl lol..

Saph: I don't blame you for being concerned, X is your baby and letting him go for a few days would be heartwrenching. To this day the most I have left Tara is for a couple of hours to go shopping and that is with DH. Next week is the first time I'm going to leave her with my mum & dad while I have my 12 week scan, so letting her stay overnight or for a few days just wouldn't happen. I'm already stressing about having to leave her when I'm in hossy having the babies.

Anyway, we passed the majic 12 week milestone yesterday and have our NT scan on Thursday so I'm looking forward to how these little ones are growing but if my belly size is anything to go by then they are growing nicely. If you want to have a sticky at how big I already am here you go.....
    Growing Belly Photo's of the Twins..... | Facebook Scary huh.....

barney Guest

great pics kelly

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast