Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

I have to change the number of teeth Sam has... now 15 with one of his lower canines popping through. Will be 16 very soon by the looks of things, and then hopefully a break before he starts working on his two year old molars... who am I kidding?!

BW

Lise - good luck with the medication and I hope it settles him.

BW- almost there with the teeth!!! We still have none at all so that is all ahead of us!!

Kelly - Good luck with this FET!

Londonmiss - Welcome! I have been waiting for you to arrive here! I read something recently that helped me with the whole settling, crying and sleeping drama. Cannot remember where I read it but it was 'a baby's natural habitat is their mother' All of a sudden it felt perfectly natural that DS wanted to sleep on me or next to me, wanted to be in my arms (or DH's) constantly and was only happy in the sling. We are primates...our babies only recently stopped clinging to our fur in human history!! Makes 21st century life pretty damn hard but it is only for a short time really in the whole scheme of things. It is exhausting but it will pass. I still sleep whenever DS does and I have just said to hell with housework (not that I am particularly houseproud but I think the whole 'career woman must be achieving something daily' doctrine spills over into the house when you are not working anymore!!!) I also am about to have a big bonfire full of parenting books! The Bounty and NHS book is top of the pile!!! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Hey, you should save the bonfire for cooler weather

It's soooo nice when the teeth are done.

Poppyfairy, Sam had no teeth at all until he was 9 months old. At 9 months and 1 day his first two teeth popped through, but we'd had teething symptoms on and off from about 5 months old. He then got another four around his birthday and it's been full on ever since! He tends to go with the later side of things, so I'm really hoping we have a break for a while. Poor kid has always cut them in pairs or more. Molars were tough - three got through with the first try, then one went back and the last two popped through together. The lower canines have been moving around with his upper ones the whole time, but the upper ones got through and finally now that he's only working on two teeth again it's bliss! You barely even know he's teething at the moment!

Marcellus, until we get to do it all over again as baby teeth get wobbly and adult teeth come through! At least then they can tell us if something hurts and are probably over the chewing and drooling on everything phase! I wonder if I can convince Sam to put his amber teething necklace back on at that point in time...

BW

Hi Girls

I've been busting to get on since Monday when the server crashed and bummer about all the lost posts, but wanted to let you all know that on Monday (6dpt) I did one of those nasty POAS's and get a faint second line. Did another yesteday and today and yep there is a second line. BT next Monday so can't wait to find out the numbers to give us an indication if it's one or two along for the ride.

Hope you are all well, we all have colds here at the moment (Tara's first one) so panadol and hugs for my girl but mummy can't take any of the good stuff.

Kelly, CONGRATULATIONS!! That's fabulous news Looking forward to seeing your numbers - are you hoping for two?!

Well we're off to Canada tomorrow so madly running around and washing today! Probably won't be posting much on hold but will be lurking around still I'm sure

Thanks Lise

We are happy with either one or two more, although two means we have to invest in a bigger car.

Enjoy your trip to Canada and I hope the wedding is beautiful and that Finn becomes a star traveller for you.

Huge CONGRATULATIONS Kelly! How exciting - can't wait to hear if it is one or two.

Lise - have a great time in Canada - hope the journey goes well, although I think it is a great age to travel with as they still do a lot of sleeping.

Hi to everyone else - hope you are all well.

Janie xxx

Congrats Kelly. That's awesome news!
    Enjoy the trip Lise

Hi to everyone

Congratulations Kelly!
    Hope you have a great time Lise

Hi All

Well I'm feeling crappy today, I've got a cold and I just feel like ****. Tara still has a bit of a cold but some panadol for her and she feels much better.

I did my last POAS this morning (I've got none left) and that second line started coming up immediately and is as dark as the control line, so all looks good so far.

So anyway, is there anything I can take to help with this cold or should I try and just keep up fluids and get some rest to try and get over it that way. I don't want to take anything that will interfere with this pregnancy.

Thanks girls, have a good day.

barney Guest

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY

wow i jump on and see this news yippee its made my day

a big hi to you all girls i hope you are all going good.we have a very sick bubba girl who is also teething now with 5 teeth thinking of you all every day girls xxoxoxox

Kelly - my midwife at the OB's office always said that Panadol and Panadeine were safe to take. If you want to err on the side of caution I would just stick with the panadol as it doesn't have codeine in it. Also, you can get a saline solution nasal spray to help with congestion. Apart from that it is just lots of rest and fluids.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

yayaya Kelly! sorry i missed your posts, the subscription still playing up for me but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    that is just the most best and wonderful news i've heard for ages.

You give me hope! We are looking to transfer one blasto early October.

very tired as bub was awake from 3.15am to 5am for no particular reason I could discern other than sore teethies. Both his top middle ones are nearly through So he'll have 6 once they come up but it looks like the bottom incissors are pretty close too! argh.

I know one of you girls had this issue with your little girl (Janie i'm thinking it was you for some reason) so looking for some suggestions. Bub is now standing, sitting himself up, crawl and has shown the first signs of furniture cruising so very busy. But when we put him to bed it's like he can't switch off and is constantly crawling, stnading, sitting up in bed (mostly while rubbing his eyes and crying !!) So I'm being suckered in to rocking him a lot to get him very very very 'toasty' (dh and my word for nearly asleep - derived from coma-toasted lol) But i'm worried i'm teaching him bad sleep habits ie not falling asleep by himself.

SO how do you get them to 'switch off'? We do a wind down, sing twinkle twinkle, cuddle and have quiet time before every bed and he is usually very sleepy. he'll stay put for a few mins but 10 mins later i'll check him and he's migrated.

now talking of twinkle twinkle........

oxox

Grub if you want to rock him to sleep go for it, but my suggestion would be leave him, as long as he is safe let him go. Campbell will often talk to himself for a while before he falls asleep and has always done this. And Xavier is always put to bed awake and he goes off quickly. Is he sleeping late in the day, maybe he is not quite ready for sleep. Sorry I cant be of anymore help. Luckily both my boys have been easy in that department.

Thanks Grub (although I'm keeping quiet on FB) and good luck in October.

As for the sleeping, Tara is going through a stage of wanting to be held to relax to go off to sleep and I don't mind it as I'm sure that soon enough she will change her mind and not want a bar of me. We also have the sitting and standing up when tired although Tara will sit and play in her cot for a while and then put herself to sleep - currently this is happening around 4am when she wakes up from a sleep cycle then sits up in bed has a play and then crashes again after 20 minutes or so. I have laid awake watching her on the video monitor the past few nights but last night I went back to sleep cause if she needed me she would cry out..
    Last edited by TaRhLi.; September 16th, 2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spell???

Grub, I think you have to just play it by ear. You'll figure out through trial and error what he needs from you and what works best. If it's teeth, the it may all just settle down on it's own in a little while too.

DS always had a very hard time relaxing to go to sleep - either because he was uncomfortable for one reason or another or because he just didnt' want to sleep. It's heaps better now and we can leave him most of the tiem to sort himself out, but that never worked before.

Cooking up a baby food storm. Fruit of every colour of the rainbow, oh hang on ne green will have to get some kiwi fruit. Veg tommorrow, and we will be all set for a few more weeks.
    Funny how different kids are. Campbell would not have a bar of jar food and would only eat home made food. Which was a bit of a pain and Xavier will not have a bar of the bottle which I tell you is a big pain.
    I have a problem. I am wanting to do some relief work next term as I am going stir crazy at home ( I am not to proud to admit that I am a better mother when I am working). Do you think it is unfair to leave Xavier with a friend if he wont take a bottle. He will survive school hours without a breast feed he will just need to eat more during the day. Let me know what you think I am feeling a bit guilty about leaving him.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast