Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

at Jaz! Congrats on your new hairdo Murph. Very brave move.

I want to get a house cleaner for when the new baby comes. We had one when we lived overseas. At first I insisted on tidying up before she came, but gradually got over that and ended up ensuring the house was as messy as possible so she had plenty to do (we only had a small apartment). She even ironed all our clothes

Was up for a couple of hours with a spewing child the other night. Lucky me... He seemed fine once he got up for the day, of course.

Great news Murph about the op, so happy for you! And Kel, congrats again on your 'official' confirmation

So travelling with Finn is a little challenging and I have moments where I just want to cry and go home, but generally he's been pretty good. He just started sleeping through the night before we came over and he's had a couple of really good nights like that here but because we're going from coast to coast we keep changing time zones and the poor little thing is probably most confused!! I feel terribly guilty at times because I feel like we're almost ignoring him compared to when we're at home because we're doing all this sight seeing etc., but he seems happy still so hopefully we're not messing him up tooooo much!

Hope everyone is well

lise xx

Lise: Hope you're having the best time!

Murph: A friend of mine recently did the exact same thing. When she was ready to "let go" she donated her ponytail to a company that collects human hair to make wigs for cancer patients. I can get the details if you're interested!

Kelly: Congratulations! Great results!

to everyone else! Hope you're all having a great week so far!

So big news for us, we've put our house on the market! Hoping to downsize a little & get rid of our mortgage. SO I've got 2 weeks to clean up the bombsite before photos get done etc. DS is having a massive nap and what am I doing? No, not decluttering but parked on the lounge stuffing my face! Ugh soooo not motivated today! (Oh and to those on my FB, I'm not saying anything publicly just yet til its all up & running)

Oh and spoke to DH on the weekend about starting my own business and he actually LIKED the idea! So watch this space!

Have a great week everyone!

Ooooh, BOC, very exciting about your house AND DH liking your business idea. What do you have in mind???

Well we had Xaviers Naming day on the weekend and it was lovely to finally celebrate with friends and family. And of course he was just gorgeous smiling in all the right places. At one stage in the ceremony we let four balloons go, one representing each of us, but he didnt want to let them go he wanted to plsay with them. lol

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hiya, this is a totally random me post and it really belongs on FB but you can't really do that with so many people having access to your info. Our buddhist teacher used to tell us to watch for those "oooh" feelings that make you feel too warm and fuzzy, but I just had to scream from the rooftops that my baby benny (DH) has been told that all the blood, sweat and (now my tears) of uni and four years in the daintree doing his PhD have paid off in the biggest way possible....his thesis has been examined by a huge name in international biologists and he has been told its about the best he has ever read!!!!!! I'm so proud, I've been crying since he told me. I told him he can have his "oooh" feelings just this once and then I will pull him back to earth tonight after a bottle of bubbly. He also just got published in his first big international journal yesterday after twentyeleven revisions, rejections and 2 years to get it to press. All this and he only wants mediocrity, the house, the land the chooks and vegie garden. Yay...I'll settle for mediocrity with a bit of flashiness every now and then. Everyone loves good news, hope you don't mind sharing mine. I'm soooooooo proud of my baggy arsed soldier who was told all his life (before he met me) that he wouldn't ever go anywhere. I know talent when I sees it...and not just in the brains department. Oohey, when that man had hair, he'd have given the handsome Mr Grub a run for his money

Wow, that's so exciting Murph! congratulations to Mr Murph!

Hey, thanks Marcellus! The rest of the day got a bit more pedestrian and DH got bitten by a big feral cat just to bring him right back down to earth with a thud

Congrats Mr Murph

Just got our latest photos back. Not overly happy with them but here is a few for you to look at.

The Boys | Facebook

Cute!
    A saw them and says: There's me!

Hi Girls

I'm still here, just very busy at the moment trying to get stuff origanised for Tara's birthday party for next weekend. Feeling very tired and a bit seedy most days and my back is sooooo sore. Still 10 days away from our scan and then it will be all systems go.... although I have so much on between now and then I think the time will go by very fast.

Oh, Tara now has 8 teeth... All I need is a couple of months reprieve before the molars start....

Kelly, I completely understand we have had 3 birthdays, a naming ceremony, our 10th wedding ann and 2 lots of interstate visitors this week. Its our ann today so we are off loading the kids and going out for a grown up lunch. Oh my goodness we havent done that in ......... almost 4 years. got 2 hours to get glammed up but X has decided otherwise.

Marcellus, according to Campbell every baby is Xavier. lol

Hello there,

Congratulations Saph on your 10 years, hope you celebrate in style. It will be our 5 years anniversary in just over a week, although the first time we tried to get married (in Africa) was 1997, so we get to look like a young married couple for doing it so much later 12 years engaged is a bit embarrassment though.

I love your photos of the boys, it looks like Xavier doesn't mind the big brother cuddles at all and they are both gorgeous.

Kelly, I'm thinking of you alot lately. Firstly, I thought that Tara was the amazing teething queen and everytime you told us of a new tooth I would tell DH and we'd be spinning at the difference when they are only two weeks apart. But like the good old hare and tortoise, Jazzy went from two teeth to eight fully through before Tara!!! She has had 8 fully out and proud for a few weeks now and barely any dramas with them. I think I'm very lucky that they seem to grow in her sleep and don't throw her out too much through the day other than making her clingy. In her life, I have only been through two little bottles of Nurofen and that's it for the pain killers so I know I am going to be cursed with the molars now! they have started and lastnight was a big ouchie night for her with her biting everything and wanting to comfort feed all the night before, but it meant a fantastic heavy sleep and didnt wake til 10.00 this morning.

Did I tell you that DH came crashing down to earth after all the big head swell achievements early in the day? He was at the vets with a feral cat he caught and they had sedated it to put a tracking collar on but misunderestimated how fat the puddy tat was and it woke up and ripped him a new one! DH got a big bite through his wrist and it looked like it had damaged tendon or ligament but I was up giving him pain killers lastnight and he was pretty right this morning. Damn...I wanted to at least get a sickie out of it. Shouldn't have given him the drugs!

Hello to you all out there. I know life is a whole lot busier for us all than it used to be. Lise, hope the travels aren't wearing you down too much and you are not too tired with Finn. It's a huge effort for you and the poor buggers do get into their own little routines whether we like it or not. I suppose we all like familiarity and strange places are hard to get used to. Jazz gets thrown out every single time I have to take her away for therapy so I am trying to do it all in one day now (which is a VERY full day of car and ferry travel) and results in tired mummies coming home on the odd occasion with the fantastically clever and well-thought through plan to have DH cut her pony tail off!!! Hehehehhehe, gotta love being tired, it's worse than being drunk for me...seriously.

Where you at Farmer Smith? Hope you're out tending that vegie patch where I picture you spending your days.

Better go see what the wee beastie has destroyed.
    xxx

OMG we bought a new car today.

DH is a tradie and has a ute, no go for carting two kids around so we bought a new dual cab 4x4. Bit of a waste but there is not much in the way of tradies cars that takes kids. We already have a four wheel drive.

Tell you what though $300 each for anchor points. What a rip off, thank goodness they stuffed up and we paid $240 for both. Gotta love a bargin.

barney Guest

a big hello from the smiths ,
    we are very busy of late but are thinking of you all heaps ans heaps.our bubba is very good except sleep time and that just doesnt exist lol my sleeping good girl has gone lol although its only been since she has been in hossy,our girl has not been well.anyways girls really just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you know we luv you all.afm im thinking of taking a break from bb for a whilke as i just have no time but im sure i will still pop in every so often to check on you all and maybe whaen charlie get a bit older ill be back on more often,this is not good bye just ill see you all soon so for now girls pls take caree and i thank you all so much for always being here for us .
    smithy xoxo

Hi all, sitting on hold with telstra so could be here for hours. Thought I would drop a line.

Well we pick up the new car next week. Are you the kind of people who breakout in a cold sweat thinking about dealing with car salesmen? Well this was the easiest car we have ever bought. No pressure, they gave us what we wanted for a trade in, just so nice. The only down side was the finance guy was a total prat. The finacne was simple but he was just arrogant ...........! Sorry for the rant, dont quite know where that came from. He spoilt a pleasent experience and his attitude was completely unneccesary. Oh I do have the claws out this morning.

Well we are having a quiet day at Home today as we have a busy week ahead. Might take the kids to the park later.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

barney Guest

hahah that was a short break hey girls lol honestly i cant and wont be able to help me self.
    heres the latest montage on miss charlie girls
    YouTube - charlie 8 months

enjoy and love to all xoxo

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast