123412 ...

thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Thanks very much Dusty. I FINALLY got it to work, yippee!

Hello to everyone else. Will be back tomorrow to do personals.

Have a good evening all

Take care,

Tania

Nov 2008
    on the verge of greatness!

Looking good Miss Magpie!

Mar 2008
    Sydney

Dusty, thanks for the update on Bel. Was wondering how she was getting on. So good to hear everything is still going well.

Oct 2008
    Far north Queensland

Hi Bel, if you are reading. I'm sure we've all been thinking of you and watching that ticker go further each day. You must be feeling so relieved to have past 29 weeks. What an amazing achievement.

21&TTC, I worry about your health honey. Your stress levels seem to be leading you to all kinds of nasty anxieties. I know the signs of anxiety as I tend to have very over active anxiety and I have to always be aware of my hyper vigilance and stress levels. I meditate and read books on changing my thinking..Anxious peopIe already have faster breathing and pulse rate and add to that more stress, and pregnancy and you will really feel your pressure rise (as you have). Managing stress is very important (it's up there with drinking water. We can't control anything about our pregnancies. You are probably just so young and fit that maybe you won't feel your bub kick or move and you won't show too much weight, until quite late, but that's no reason to believe the absolute worst. That's called catastrophising. Try and talk yourself out of these thoughts before you let your imagination beat you. You are doing great. what would you say to a friend who had such doubts? Probably something different to what you tell yourself. Well, I'll be that friend and tell you to try to relax and calm yourself. Look after yourself and your precious cargo. It's in there...hold on. My nuchal scan is on the 30th and your big scan is on the 29th so we can hold out together. Take care.xo

Oct 2008
    Far north Queensland

Hi Nicole, Happy 34 weeks! I forgot to thank you for pointing out how to PM. Tricky hey? I also discovered a few messages I didn't know I had so sorry if anyone thinks I'm ignoring them.

MissMagpie, those tickers are pretty cool when you see them ticking over. congrats on
    the 9 week milestone and moving towards 10. It's quite surreal hey? I actually go through so many phases where you know you're pregnant but it's just not quite believable. I bought my first nappy last week (a pea pod...so cute), just a token to have and even today was really the first time I've woken up and said to DH, I really think we are going to have a baby!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all cooking away nicely.xox

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

Murph - yay on the cloth nappies! have you been reading the threads about them? Pea pods don't have a great rep but it's nice to have something tangible isn't it??

Jul 2006
    Brisbane

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to jump on the new thread. No news is good news from us! Everything is AOK at the moment. YAY made it to 7 weeks!! We got the forms for our triple screen and ultrasound and booked it in for the 1st of June. Seems so long away, we will be 12 weeks 5 days by then. Anyhow take care ladies!!

Jul 2008
    Sydney

Hi Everyone (thanks for asking after me Nic).

21 - I agree with Murph. Your anxiety seems to be at a peak most of the time. Perhaps your Uni work is influcencing that. Have you got some one you can talk to? A counsellor or something? It might help to have someone in real life that you can talk to if you don't want to burden DF. Although to be honest I'm sure DF would prefer you talk to him rather than keeping it bottled up.

Murph - good job on the list - looks good. I think it took me til I was about 16 weeks before I bought anything for the baby. When I finally decided to make that fist purchase - I broke down in the shop and cried. Lucky for me DH was there and I could hide in his shoulder.

AFM - Not much going on here. I started 'offical' maternity leave this week and have been bored out of my brain. All the baby's stuff is organised (as much as possible when you don't know the gender and don't want ALL the clothes to be green, yellow and white).

I'm not one for washing and then re-washing. I think I did my nesting between weeks 28 - 36. Finished up the washing this week so I think we're pretty good to go. Thinking I might get a cleaner to come on one of the days I'm in Hospital to give the kitchen, bathrooms and floors a good going over before I come home. DH is way to busy with the business and I can't even tie my own shoe laces anymore let alone get down and scrub the tiles with exit mould and bleach.

So, last appoinment booked with OB next Friday for the last check that baby is still breech and then in for C/s. I can't see bubs turning now. The little bum is stuck in my pelvis - Ob likened it to sitting down on the toilet and sitting right through the hole. Very hard to get out of. Our baby will greet the world - bum first - on the 2nd of May. (Unless I go into labour before then - I am predicting labour to start on the 30th April and the baby to be born on the 1st of May) Either way - not long to go now.

Still can't decide on a name. Boy or girl. *Ugh* driving me mental. Thinking we might write down two boys names and two girls names on a piece of paper and depending on what gender our bub is - scrunch up the pieces of paper and put them in the babys hands. Which ever one the baby holds onto for the longest will be his/her name.

Anyway - have a great day.

X

Mar 2007
    Sydney

Dusty you lucky gal meeting Bel and the twins
    Thanks for the update on how they are going and Bel if your reading BIG to you and keep those babies baking...you are doing awesome!!

Murph, glad you found your way to PM Dusty and the list looks great too!!

21, I think it is very normal to feel this way. TTC and AC during pregnancy has a definitely got it's mental challenges.
    But as Murph said your stress levels are really playing around with your anxieties and I would suggest to really speak to your OB next time you see him/her and discuss ways to help deal with it

MissMagpie, congrats on the ticker...looking good!!

Megan, Woo Hoo on 7 weeks....may the next few weeks keep rolling for you both and bring on the 1st June...you never know I might be in labour that day so I betta say best of luck now!!

Not much for to report, put June Bug's pram together a couple of night ago and I LOVE IT..... actually BG I think you have the same Strider 4 Dlx in Toffee...we are going to be hot looking mamma?s with our bubs in those prams
    Anyway have a great day all.

Mar 2007
    Sydney

Opps posted at the same time as you Nic Welcome back!!
    I'm the same as you no pre washing here actually haven't started any as yet may start end of next week.
    Good idea on the cleaner anyway at least you know it's all been done before you get home...one less thing to worry about.
    Great idea with how to decide on bubs name...I think I may follow you on that as DH and I can't decide or agree so why not get bubs involved in the decision process
    Take care and rest up not long to go at!!

Nov 2008
    on the verge of greatness!

stttillll at the end of the EDD list, hopefully those girls in the tww will start coming over in droves

murph - good on you for buying a nappy. that would have been a big step and exciting! i think we are going to try cloth. i spent several hours on the cloth nappies forum and feel i've nearly got my university degree in deciphering all the different types and styles lol. i'm sure it'll be a lot clearer once i'm one a shop and can see various ones

twomums congrats on the 7wk mark! more than half way through the trimester!!! ox

nixon, one of my girlfriends was the same - bored on maternity leave and she went back to work part time for a fortnight. i like your names idea , lol. good luck with it.

hi nicole s and 21 i agree with the other girls, please try to relax a bit hon. ox

AFM- not much to report, hanging out for fridy next week when we have our viability scan. been tired but have trouble getting to sleep as i can't switch my head off. nausea is not too bad lately but got a headache instead and today feel very dizzy ;(

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

mornin ladies!

nicole - i have the strider in the toffee - got the capsule, pram and bassinette bit. was actually saying to DH last night i'd be getting a friend to install the capsule soon - he kinda went "whyyyyyyyyy, can't we do it?" until i reminded him friend is an RACV worker so he will make sure it's in perfectly without us having to go to the baby shop. only need it done by him once so i can see how it is supposed to sit, and then i'm fine (have put baby seats in and out of cars so many times seeing mum used to do FDC and then my bro had three kids!)

to the mummy's planning on using cloth - i would suggest you scope out some of the MPM sites (Arimeh's is a good one) - they have a range of nappies and you get some pretty good bargains - plus Mel will give you all the advice you need if you email her! any cloth nappies you can get in a normal store are generally mass produced and don't tend to have a great reputation. i think Cushie Tushies are the only ones i've heard of that have gone into retail stores (one pharmacy at the moment) that have a great rep. feel free to PM me if you have any questions - i started researching before PG (gotta read up on something other than AC occassionally) and now have a fair range of different nappies to scope out when Gremlin arrives. i'd also suggest buying early - bookmark the sites you like, subscribe to their emails,and grab bargains when you can. apart from Maz covers (which are delish and hard to get) i've not paid full price for ANY nappy - between MPM discounts and sales, i've picked up everything at least 10% off, up to 35% off!

off to the bone cruncher today - feeling very blah in general (had a very bad few days where everything that could go wrong in my life has!) and just need to feel better for a while!

Oct 2008
    Far north Queensland

Hi everyone,
    Thanks Dusty for your help. The list looks great! Team effort hey?

BG I have started research on cloth nappies but the Pea Pod was at they had at my nearest baby shop and I was a bit desperate for that tangible thing. I also needed something from a world vision shop, in keeping with my kind of toys, as a baby's first present but we have none up here so had to ask my Dad and of course he said I was weird. Anyway he went and bought something for me and loved the shop so is a total convert! Yay. I haven't quite got my degree in cloth nappies but we'll keep working through those sites. DH is really keen to start collecting weekly like you suggested so it's kind of fun.

AFM Ihave well and truly stopped referring to the emby as Little Chicken, it is a Tapeworm. DH isn't real keen on that name sticking but it's how it makes me feel constantly sooooooo hungry and has to be just the right thing or I'm sick. I'm using every trick in the book, including getting up at all odd hours and just feeding him/her. I tell DH that next time is his turn like it's a real feeding time, lol!

Jan 2008
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

I'm still here living in hospital and still on bedrest but able to go to the toilet and shower and wander round my room to the fridge for some yummy's!!

I check up on you all a couple of times a day and am closely following where everyone is at and what is happening. I'm just finding it hard to post and verbalise how I am feeling.

Today is another big milestone for us..30 weeks. It's truly amazing that we have come this far after going into labour at 21 weeks, 2 days. Have 2 more scary episodes of contractions since then but these 2 little ones are strong little fighters and keep on plodding along in my tummy.

Have been here now since Feb 21st.. 2 months and 3 days. It feels like I have always been here in hospital but on the other hand I am really not bored..just focusing on my job right now of protecting these 2.

While I want these 2 to stay inside me for another 6 weeks, our paedatrician has said if they arrive from now on they'll be fine. So while I'm scared I'll go into labour soon, I have faith in the fact that there will be some amazing people looking after our babies when they do arrive and in the fact that babies do amazingly well after 30 weeks.

Our last scan measured our little son at 1459 grams and our little daughter at 1331 grams. Ob seems very happy with their sizes.

I on the other hand am getting HUGE!! Have lots of stretch marks on my right hand side but none anywhere else. Am finding it very hard to sleep at night and wee all night long but these are all good signs our little ones are growing big and strong...so bring it on I say!

OB still trying to get me to 36 weeks but the nurses and I agree that will be highly unlikely. I think maybe another 3 weeks. I would love to make 36 weeks for the babies sakes but I am really struggling right now with how my body is feeling and coping. At 34 weeks I can have the babies here and don't have to get rushed to Brisbane in an ambulance, so I am really aiming for 34 weeks at this stage.

I hope you are all enjoying your little blesssings that are growing inside you and are enjoying your special time with your little ones in your tummy.

As the lovely Dusty said, she came for a visit last week. Was so nice to meet her finally. She is just as gorgeous in person as she is in cyber world. I am so thankful to this site for all the amazing people I have met who have now become my friends and who are offering me amazing support while I'm on this journey.

Take good care everyone and thanks for all your support as always.

Hugs Bel and babies
    xxxx

Mar 2007
    Sydney

BIG CHEERS FOR BEL FOR HITTING 30 WEEKS
    You are amazing to have lasted this long after your first scare at 21 weeks, you are going to be such an amazing mum after all that has happened and just keep thinking to yourself another day in hospital only brings you another day closer to meeting your two blessing.

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Bel - a warm congratulations to you for making it to 30+ weeks. You are truly inspiring. When I think of how much time has passed since 21 Feb, and that you have been in hospital all that time, I am just amazed. You'll be an incredible mother when your 2 are eventually allowed to come into the world - as shown by your unbeliveable strength and commitment to get them this far.
    Again, well done - things are only looking up from here
    Mels xxx

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Good afternoon girls,

Bel - how fantastic that you've made it to 30 weeks You've been in hospital for such a long time. I hope your little ones can hold off from arriving until another few weeks. Glad they are at a good size now. Thanks for the update. Am thinking of you.

21 - As Murph said, you need to try and relax. All this stress isnt doing you or the baby any good. Take care of yourself.

Murph - it is good to be heading to 10 weeks. 12 weeks will be better Im looking forward to seeing our babies heartbeat again at my 1st OB appointment on the 27th. Its still all so surreal. I think when I see the baby on the ultrasound again and hear the heartbeat it will sink in some more I too want to buy something small but keep thinking I dont want to jinx myself.

Grub - hope your dizziness and headache has gotten better. Ive been getting alot of bad headaches, not good. How exciting having your scan next week!

Twomums - wow 7 weeks already, thats GREAT Hope Kim is feeling well.

Nixon - I like your baby name idea! My DP and I have been tossing around some names. Its not an easy decision so I dont envy you. Your so close now, take care.

Nicole, Mels, BG, Dusty and everyone else.

AFM, not much to report. Hanging out for my OB appointment on Monday. And looking forward to having a sleep in on the weekend!!!! Am so tired. Other than that, am feeling well.

Take care,

Tania

Oct 2008
    Far north Queensland

a question for you to ponder, what do you do when you have to tell someone you are pregnant, but you know they don't want to hear it? I live in a very small community (well a road in the forest) where we all know and like each other, except two of us are doing IVF and the other lady is not coping hearing about others who are pregnant. It was so hard, she sat at my house when I was 8 weeks pregnant, with my gorgeous 4 POAS posing on the cabinet (still) (she didn't see thankfully)and told us how she couldn't face her best friend when she heard on the grapevine she was pg. she was literally avoiding talking to her, telling her husband to tell her she was out if she called. And here she was talking to me and not suspecting for a moment that we could be pregnant. my DH had never considered that reaction could exist in anyone and would never have thought not to mention it but he quickly decided we don't tell her until we absolutely can't avoid it.

I hate not telling her, I want to be open and happy and I feel a bit resentful. I have some neighbours who knew from day one and are so stoked and urging me along, and one I have to lie to. My idea was to write a gentle note and give her time to talk if and when she wants. we don't have to see each other much, just neighbourly, but my sister thinks that's weak and advises just not telling her until she notices...hmmm, tough choice, there must be a better answer???????? Chocolate frog to the person with the best answer

123412 ...