Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - August 2005 #2

tiggy Guest

Good Luck Shell,

Let us know how you get on.

[-o< that everything is ok with you Shell.

Sal Guest

Shell, hope all is OK and that you can stop worrying and enjoy your holiday.

Jo, that NT measurement doesn't seem high (I looked on the net and saw that high is over 2.5), seems like your scan had all good news. Of course, that doesn't stop you worrying!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, I'm on my countdown to Monday, so personally I want the weekend to disappear in the blink of any eye!!

Shell - Fingers crossed it's nothing. BTW I'm pretty sure that Aus and NZ have some sort of arrangement for reciprocal healthcare so if (big if) you needed anything checked out while you are over here it would be covered.

Jo - Yay for the scan results! Of course you need to have something to worry about but I think it all sounds great.

Take care everyone

Thanks girls. Quick post, as gotta run. I've added 3 photos & 3 milestones to bubby's webpage.

Well, not much sleep & a bit of a scare, holiday plans have changed. Only got a few hours left to pack etc, so gotta go.

Great news Shell! Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Thanks Sal, i got real confused on the net looking up the range for NT measurements. Some of them said it was 2mm, so had a bit of a panic. But last night I had a visitor (RIP) who reassured me that all was ok and if it wasn't ok, then we would be able to cope with it. DH thinks I'm mad, but this same visitor has been 3 times now to reassure me. Actually this reads like a madwoman has written it lol!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.

tiggy Guest

Yay Shell,
    Congratulations, glad everything is ok.
    Have a great holiday.

Jo,
    You don't sound like a mad woman to me. Glad to hear that everything is going well with your twinnies.

Jo you sound perfectly reasonable to me too - I got engaged at 17 & was thinking we were too young, I had a visitor (my grandfather, RIP) say that all would be ok & we have been together for another 9yrs past when we got engaged.....

Yay Shell, glad to hear all is good with your little one.

Hello Lovelies,

Sal - Good luck for today and I'll be waiting eagerly for news from you. Hope you get a really good view of Blobby.

Shell - this will be posted too late but ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS!!!! Take care of yourself.

Jo - no you don't sound like a madwoman. There is also a lot to be said for your own instinct on something too.

Not much happening here. Still feeling dizzy and sleeping a lot. Hope I can get it together to go around the corner to the Greek Orthodox Church next Saturday for their bigger than Ben Hur jumble sale. The sign says "Baby Items" so I'm very keen to get a look at those. Haven't bought anything yet except a couple of books. I think I've also decided on a boy's name for Apple but haven't told DH yet. Have to run it by him.

Hope you are all well and looking forward to Spring. I know I am.

Love,

Mel

Sal good luck for today, can't wait to hear how it all went.

Jo I am with Sal, those readings for the NT sound perfectly fine!!!

Good morning to all!!

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Well, the scan went extremely well, baby is healthy...and it's a BOY!! DP is well-thrilled, and so am I. I always felt it was a boy so would have been surprised to hear otherwise! Am a tad disappointed in the hospital and facilities (thankfully it was the Mater and I'm not having the baby there) and the pictures were blurry on the screen - we actually saw more detail at the 12w scan! And we didn't get a single picture either, nor a video/DVD. As the quality of the picture was so bad, is probably not a bad thing.

Mel, hehehe at having to run the name past your DH (I guess out of interest he'd want to know what you've decided for your boy's name!!)

...signing off from one very relieved mother-to-be (am just getting my head around it!)

YAY Sal I am soooooooo happy for you.

That's awesome Sal!!! :smt041 , bummer that you couldn't get a picture though.

Sal Guest

Thanks, Tam! Yours is the next one...now that will be one exciting scan for you!

I didn't realise that they don't offer to tell you the sex, that you have to ask. I only worked up the courage right at the end. The doctor saw an extra bit, felt 98% sure that it was the 'little fella's big fella' (quote). Bet you can't guess, but the doc was a man!

Sal Guest

Thanks Amy! Yeah, the OBS insisted on me going to the Mater on the grounds that it was 'the best' for morphology. But I reckon just turning up to my local hospital would have been better. There were no 3D images, nothing but out-of-focus black and white images. I swear blobby had more definition to him at 12w - maybe he is getting blurry as he's growing!!

So Sal do you feel more like a mum now??

I can't wait for my scan, feels like forever away.

Sal Guest

Well, it is starting to feel a bit real now. I ordered a baby hammock (first baby purchase!) and I'll start looking a bit more at the blue clothes, but I think I'm still going to be mightily surprised to pop out a baby come January! I'm still not showing, but at the scan the sonographer was puting the probe right up near my ribs, and the heart was hard to see as it was right behind my belly button. So I'm shocked at how much territory blobby has grabbed already!

I bought some mat 3/4 length denim pants (a la Target) and a mat top and I'm thinking I'll start wearing them anyway - the pants don't have the maternity gusset rather you wear them under your belly (when I have one) so I think I'll start wearing them and see if I then feel pg.

I have my very first ante-natal appt at the hospital tomorrow morning, so am chuffed at that. Although I'll look like a fraud, sitting there with all the really pg-looking ladies waddling around me.

Sal I am sure that you will have your belly before you know it, then it will make up for lost time and you will wonder where it came from.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast