Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Dec 2007

Hi chickies,
    Satya, I reckon you are feeling your bub! I felt something really early on like you did but I didnt believe it till later when I got it again. You will probably only get it when really still for a while yet. Yep, I'm sure it is it. enjoy!!!
    Lismith, My DH missed out till quite late in the piece, in feeling the baby as everytime he went near my belly it would stop. It drove me crazy. But dont worry, eventually even he wont be able to miss it. You will be able to feel that bubs is moving and about to do a big kick so you will have a bit more warning.
    Lenny, I love that saying with your avatar. I feel hot all the time!!! I was just telling DH today that even my feet are sweatier while preg. I have bare feet all the time and between my toes feels all hot and gross.
    Marcellus, I cant believe how early you got your BH. I was feeling quite ripped off as I hadnt had a single one till last night/or the night before. It was just a tightening but no pain. At least that is what I think it was. Isnt it weird how some ppl get certain symptoms and others dont? No two pregnancies are the same I guess, same as no two babies are. Makes sense.
    Me: well getting the essential oils out now that I have made up for labour. They are meant to assist/promote contractions and circulation etc. I think I may put a bit on my belly tonight and see if I cant encourage something...have been sniffing a tissue with a bit sprayed on it for a while but that hasnt done anything yet. I guess this bub cant stay in there forever?

Marcellus - I know what you mean about the b/hicks, you might remember me posting all the time whinging about them.
    I was getting them all day & night with no break from 27 weeks & they continued right up until labour.
    For me they were very exhausting.

Lismith25 - don't worry about the lack of kicking very soon you'll feel like a punching bag & will want a rest from it, lol.

Satya - good luck with your amnio.

Sazz - essential oils you are so organised, hope they work for you & bring this baby on!!! COME ON BABY!!!

Well we have been giving bub a formula top up (on top of boob/f) at night & one during the day & she hasn't been too keen on it until we realised she was sucking away like mad but not getting much milk so we made the holes bigger!

Now she has realised she doesn't have to work hard for a bottle so she doesn't want the boob anymore.

So now I am expressing every now & then to try & get rid of the milk but this is the good bit wait for it -

Jenna slept from 9.00 - 1.45 had a bottle & then slept from 2.40 - 6.15.
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH

She was so much easier to settle as well, so I've had more than two hours sleep for the night & I've just washed my hair which is such a treat these days.
    Today is a fantastic day!

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34

Good to hear from you Jo and good to hear things are settling down. Washing your hair aye! Wow, all these things i get to look forward too!

My mum has booked a flight over on the 14th of April (about 3 weeks after bugsy is due) - she said she'd clean the house, mow the lawn and do the ironing for me...bless her. It's nice to know already that as long as i make it until then, then she'll be there to give me a break. I think with DH being week on week off, it's going to be very hard during the first week he is gone.

Hope those BHs turn into labour for you Sazz. Good Luck!

C'MON little bugalugs. Your mummy and daddy want to meet you and us girls in BB want to "meet" you too
    Sazz I hope the oils work for you hun. They sure sound nice. Atleast you know that by Friday you will have your precious little bundle in your arms. Take care

Satya All the best for the amnio tomorrow. Know that I'm thinking of you

DJTTC Thanks for your kind words. I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about giving Sage some formula every now and then. He's had 3 bottles in the past week or so. I just find it makes him chuck more than usual. Have you noticed that Jenna does this too???

Lenny I had to laugh at your post about the pram. Atleast you have one before bubs arrives. I only picked ours up just before Christmas. I had to carry Sage everywhere when we went out lol.

Ltl Panda How are you? Haven't seen you for a little while. Hope all is ok with you.

My BB's are still quite sore. I'm on my last day of antibiotics too. I guess I'll have to wait and see how things go after that. I have been using pawpaw ointment on my nips which seems to have made a huge difference. Will keep that up

Sage is doing well. He is 12 weeks old today and is trying his best to roll from his back to his tummy. He has been rolling from tum to back for almost a month now. He has even started to giggle which is sooooo cute.
    His sleeping pattern is still all over the place. We've had 2 nights where he has gone 7 hours and nights like last night where he was awake for most of the night. We only had 4 hours sleep all night I hope tonight will be better.

Hi to Ktgirl, marcellas, Traceylee,Lis,Alice, Monnie and anyone I have missed. I hope you are all doing well.

Hi again
    Are we all checking in regularly to see if Sazz is still around...? Inhale deep!

Get used to those veins Satya! And good luck for your amnio tomorrow. I know what you mean about worrying about sneezing. I had to have a biopsy in my neck once. they said, whatever you do, don't swallow. so what did i immediately and desperately need to do...? Anyway, based on what Tracy says it sounds like a breeze. Hope the results are all good (and you don't have to wait any longer for your doc)
    Oh, and I agree, that's your little baby making itself felt in there!

Yay on your sleep and clean hair Jo! I do remember you suffering with constant braxies. Mine are nowhere near that bad, thankfully.

Glad to hear your mum's coming to help out Lenny. Mine doesn't live so far away so execting lots of help... I'm starting to think - does it matter if we don't have a pram when Jelly comes...?

Lenny - that is so great that your mum is coming to help you & please take my advice if someone asks if you need help or offers to do something TAKE IT!
    The first week or so bubs tend to sleep a bit so try to sleep as much during that time as you can (I'm stupid because I didn't follow my own advice).

I am so lucky my mum lives 10min away & she has been at my house pretty much every day & it's been great.

I can even leave bub with her for awhile to go do grocery shopping because it is really hard to go shopping with a baby during school holidays & in 40 degree heat!

Mako - I can't believe Sage is 3 months old, Jenna is 9.5 weeks but she's already not a baby anymore she is growing so quickly & is just so alert.

Now because I know what you are going through I really hope that you have a good night tonight, isn't it funny in the last stage of pg when you're not sleeping well you say I'm so tired but that really is nothing compared to the broken sleep you get when you have a newborn. (I hope I'm not scary anyone).

As for the formula I have been really lucky as Jenna is not a chucky baby the one thing that gets me is the smell of formula poo, oh my god I just changed one about an hour ago & it smells like a rat died in her room!!!

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34

Hi

Thankyou all for the warm welcome.

Sazz - no baby yet. How exciting by the end of the week.

Tracey Lee - I have finished all my baby shopping. We don't have names picked out yet but have a few ideas. How exciting to know you are having a son.

Satya - Good luck with your amnio today.

I am off to visit my ob this morning. He doesn't like to let twin pregnancies go longer than 38 weeks, which is Australia Day for me. So will be interesting what he has to say. He is happy for me to try a natural delivery as bubs are both head down.

Alice

Twins due 9th Feb.

Hi everyone.

I survived the amnio. I didn't sneeze and the doc didn't get called to the hospital although he did have to take 2 calls so I was stressing that he'd have to. It didn't hurt at all and I've had no cramping. It did kind of feel like he was stabbing me though as his hand rushed towards my tummy (I wasn't looking though).

The fluid was nice and clear which is apparently good and he only had to put one needle in which is supposed to reduce the risk of m/c somewhat. I will get the FISH results tomorrow and the rest in about 10-12 days. Bubs has grown 1/2 a cm since last week and is now 10.27cm. Heart beat was at 144 (151 last week). Everything looked normal. The measurements came in at 15w4d & 15w5d and the doc said that was perfect seeing I'm 15w6d. I had been worried about the size as I have lost weight since becoming pregnant but it hasn't caused any growth issues.

Sorry for the me post today. Will probably be back on later.

Great news satya! I bet you are so relieved to have had it over with now. Dont worry about your weight loss, the baby always comes first in that department. Apparently your body is completely willing to sacrifice itself to help out bubs! How very unselfish! lol.
    Well, off to the Gp in a minute again. I will ask him to do a stretch and sweep today to see if we can get something happeing before I have to go in for hospital induction.... not sure if he is open to those sorts of things as he isnt very alternative, he is a real medical/surgical guy so we will see!
    Will let you know how it goes.

Hi all, welcome Alice, my goodness, twins and so soon, congrat's!

Sazz - good luck with Dr, alternative or not, have fingers crossed for you!

DJ & Mako - things sound really good for you guys and your bubba's. I personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the formula feed. The pressure out there on women to successfully breast feed is ridiculous. I feel like my bb's have been leaking forever and my little one's not even here yet, but fortunately, i therefore know i can make milk, but you know, if there is any risk that bubba isn't feeding enough or whatever, then there'll be formula and i won't feel any worse off for it, so long as she is adequately nourished!

Satya, so glad your amnio is done and seems to have gone well. Hope the results come back with good news for you ...it's such a wait isn't it from one thing to the next! And don't worry about the weight loss, i lost probably 5kg's or so and became quite gaunt in the first trimester, but that didn't stop bub from growing, and now i've put it back on plus the bit extra necessary, just eat healthy and keep down what you can, that's all you can do for now.

Marcellus - the pram issue, well by the sounds of things with Mako, sounds like you'll do fine without one to begin with. You're lucky with your mum, mines interstate and had an overseas trip booked for mid March prior to our preg announcement, so i'm not sure she'll even get to meet bubba in the 1st month, though she is planning a move down after my maternity leave so that should help and make up for some of her lost time. (She's also visiting the week before she's due so here's hoping someone arrives early!)

From my end, things still going well. Bubba is pressing out left, right and centre telling us she's around, and though the nighttime sleep is definately not improving, i am getting an hour in the afternoon which is helping. Yesterday was DH's big 50 and we had such a great day. I organised a surprise helicopter flight around Sydney which was just awesome and then a big lunch in the city. Walking around the harbour though i got some really intense stabbing like pains downstairs, it was really excruciating to walk...of course, i just tried to bite my tongue, but as soon as we got home i was online searching for info which talked about ligaments stretching & possible baby engaging among other things. It's only happened at home once since, but it will definately be a question for the midwife on Monday. It was pain i can only liken to when they were transfering the embryo. Does anyone else have any ideas or experiences like this??

Hope you're all well!

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls,

Satya; big congrats for getting through the amnio. See, its ok. Your doctors hand "rushing" is the pushing through layers apparently but that, I feel, is the yuckiest. I didnt watch either, just felt a bit of movement by his hand. The clear fluid is a great sign. I had the same, there were no traces of any blood which is a good "amnio". Good luck with the results. Never apologise for the "me" posts. Some days ya just gotta.

DJTTC; Eeeeewwwwwwww. I am so not looking forward to that poo thing. Im having a winter baby so I guess hosing him outside if he poos is out of the question hehehehe. I dont know what I will do. I have the weakest stomach and I couldnt bare to get a passing whiff, let alone fill a room. Honey, if I have only have the bravery you have, I will be fine.

Sazz; How did the trip to the GP go? Most Med/Sur arent fussed on alt medicine but you do find the odd one that balance it out. Its good they are open to it.

Alice; How did your ob go? How amazing both twins are both head down. Looks like you may be having a very exciting Australia Day if all goes to plan.

Lenny; how cool your mum is going to be there for you. Did you want to send her to my place end of June, I could do with the help too. I love my mum so dearly but I find her "taking over", more than helping. That's pretty thought provoking actually. Maybe I should fix that before Im due. Thanks!

Me; I have become one of those bower birds that collects blue things. In our spare room I have dumped bags and bags of shopping for our son. All blue. My husband says there are other colours I can dress our son in, but now, its become my favourite colour (tweet tweet).

I had my ob visit yesterday and Prof was pretty impressed by my "filling out". Im not impressed. DH says Im storing if for our son (I still giggle when I say that - son). All looked good, he was active and heartbeat was strong. I was on fortnightly visits now Im ok, we are on monthly visits. I dont know how I can go so long without hearing his heartbeat. I asked Prof for a Pinard Stethoscope so I can check it all the time. He said he would rather I didnt cos if I couldnt find a heartbeat, I would freak out. Yeah, and.....so...... that's why I want one. So if there is a reason to freak out, I can do something about it. He said to "relax" enjoy and stop worrying. Ive lost so many over the past 11 years I dont know what the word relax means. Im going to try though so that my son is born "relaxed" and happy, not stressed. Wish me luck.

Hi to all the other girls out there. Thinking of you.

Tracey Lee

Hi all,
    Just a quick update from me: GP didnt do the stretch and sweep. He reckons not too effective on first timers... I think he just doesnt like doing them. He thinks that a 'proper' induction is better.
    So. anyhow tonight is the last night that DH and I will have all to ourselves and we are going to a meeting.... tomorrow night we will be in hospital waiting for the gels to work and by friday night we will have our little bugalugs in our arms!!!!!! Yep, it is really real now! I dont know how I am going to get any sleep before then, I am so excited now.

How exciting Sazz!

I've just come back from my holiday and logged on to see what has happened...not long now!

FRIDAY IT IS!!!!

So thrilled for you!

Well...Felix had his first big holiday and did beautifully! Except...he's getting teeth!!! AHHHHH!!!

His amazing sleeping pattern (8pm-6am) has disappeared and he's now waking every 2-3 hours!!!

Oh well!!!

Hope everyone is well!

Sazz All the very best hun. I bet you are so excited but please try and get some sleep before Friday as it can be non existent once bub is here lol. I can't wait to see if bugalugs is a pink one or blue one. I'm guessing pink but I don't think I've ever been right lol. Anyway know that you are in my thoughts and look forward to talking "baby talk" soon.

Monnie Poor little Felix getting teeth. I'm sure he'll be fine and back to his great sleeping pattern real soon. Did you have a great holiday?

Satya Congrats on a good amnio hun. You did well by not sneezin. Try and relax now and rest as much as possible for the next few days.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going well. BBL to catch up.

Sazz, how exciting!! I hope you can manage to get some sleep

Satya, glad to hear all went well with your amnio today.

Nic

Yay Sazz! Like the others say, hope you can get some rest before the big event. Hope all goes 'swimingly'!

Well done on getting through your amnio Satya. Hope you're not waiting too long for results.

So soon for you too Alice!

Ewwww, baby poo! Not much chance avoiding that one I fear.

Kimbe, i'm not sure if it's the same thing, but i've been getting quite bad sharp pains 'down there' at times that are worse when moving around. I wouldnt' say excruciating, mind you, so maybe it's something different.

Well I have bought a hug-a-bub on ebay, so Jelly will have transport of some kind.

How's little Felix and his teeth?

Oh, Tracy, are you doing any yoga or relaxation-type stuff? It could really help. I've started practicing my relaxation (have some CDs from hypnobirthing workshop) - they just put me to sleep (so i guess i'm pretty relaxed...)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Formula poo smells.
    Solids poo smells like all hell.
    Exclusively breastfed poo hardly smells at all.

And on that bombshell! LOL! It's time for a new thread.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678