Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Dec 2007

Hello perggie ladies and new mummies.

Sazz, you and my sister are on the waiting list now?. She is due by the 13th so looking forward to both the announcements.
    How are you feeling in general, hope you have no major discomforts.

Mako, mastitis?.ouch?that is nasty?.glad you got a good sleep though?.good little boy for letting mummy rest up.

Jo? glad your little Jenna is putting on weight and is doing a whole lot better. I too think this hot weather that we have had that could be making her feel a little uncomfortable. Ouchies for the needles?..it must be so heart breaking seeing it getting done?

Sushee, after reading your amazing long struggle, my 4 years is nothing?..I felt embarrassed posting after. But to set some hope for the new ladies to LTTTC ill do it?.do we email you the story and you post it or do we post it directly.

Talk later girls

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ltl Panda, god every struggle is a struggle, and please don't feel like yours was any less so. I respect and am amazed by every single one of you, for the strength you have shown, the fight you have fought, to achieve your dream.

I sometimes think my story is a little scary for women who are just starting out (OMG 8 cycles!) so stories of all descriptions, of all journeys would make an excellent read.

Just post it directly to the thread. I don't need to vet it or anything! Lol!

Satya, all the best hun with the amnio.

Hi all!
    How are you all coping in this weather? I am so over it, totally, completely, utterly! I am not a hot weather person anyhow. My feet and hands are soooo puffy and sore. Oh well, enough whinging from me. If that is the only problem I have then I think I'm a lucky ducky!!! I am actually feeling really good. I am very tired and quite sore 'down there' but appart from that I'm going great. People in the street keep telling me that they cant believe how good I look. (and I didnt even pay them lol) Getting sick of waiting now though. I might have to go in the post dates thread and have a bit of a whinge..... lol.
    Mako, You poor thing with your mastitis! Oh lordy the body is a cruel thing at times. I hope it clears up soon for you. Are you feeling sick and feverish with it or just pain? I cant blame you for trying a little formula, dont beat yourself up about it. It is only for a few days I guess/hope?
    Jo, I am dreading having the needles done on our bub and s/he isnt even here yet! Poor little blighters, it is all for a good cause though.
    Hi every one else! Keep those bellies growing......
    I am off to check out this thread Sushee is talking about. BBL maybe?
    Sazz

Sazz - last I looked no one had added to the thread. I really want to but just feel like I might jinx myself if I do so I'll wait a little. I'm so over the weather. My office building's air con just hasn't coped - it's been about 30 degrees for 2 days inside now and it makes me feel quite off sitting in that heat. I'm constantly drinking water to keep hydrated. Had a nasty headache yesterday, some pins and needles in my hand again and indigestion on and off, which is just starting to hit me again tonight. Busy weekend ahead with an engagement party on the other side of town (haven't got the pressy yet) , have to get BT done so I'll no doubt wait forever to get in there, medicare visit. Will be glad to be able to relax on Sunday in the cooler weather.

Whether has been pretty nice up our way, cloudy with a light sprinkle of rain and about 31 degrees, so not too hot... but muggy.

Sushee, will have a think about writing a story for the thread, might have to wait until DD goes back to school though
    catch up with you all later

Nic

Ouch Mako, any better? That must really hurt. You shouldn't feel guilty if you're giving your baby what he needs.

Sounds like Jenna is growing very nicely Jo - way to go jersey cow! Hope she's all recovered from the needles.

Hope you're feeling ok Satya - the heat is no good, hey?

I'm waiting to see a few more stories before I post one - not sure exactly what to put in. Plus, like ltl panda, I kinda feel like mine isn't quite worthy (that's the wrong word I know, but brain does't work right at the mo).

Getting lots of braxton hicks in the past couple of weeks - more frequently and more intense, even slight period-like cramping at times. I will not be impressed if I've got 10 weeks of that before I get to labour...

Sazz More gentle L.V's coming your way. Hope Bugalugs gets the message soon. Try and keep your feet up to help with the swelling or maybe stick your feet in a bucket of cool water.

Marcellus The braxton hicks can be a bit annoying but try to remember that this is just your body getting ready to do the most amazing thing ever possible. I can't believe you're over 30 weeks now!!! Where has the time gone????

Jo The needles are just awful aren't they? I know I was very nervous about taking Sage for his but to my suprise he was quite good considering. He didn't like the oral stuff at all and he did scream when he had his needles but no where near as bad as he did for his blood tests a couple of weeks earlier.

The mastitis is still pretty bad. Still taking antibiotics and panadol. I don't feel too unwell but I get the shivers when I attatch Sage and the pain is excruciating like someone's sticking a knife into my bb and the pain travels down my body to my feet. Sorry I hope I'm not scaring anyone off BF their bubs. When all is going well its the most wonderful thing to be able to do.
    I've only given Sage 1 bottle of formula as I want to try and get him to help me get rid of the mastitis. The drs recommend that you try to feed as normal and this apparently helps get rid of the problem.

Anyway we are also off to an engagement party tomorrow. We have to drive about 4 hours up the coast for it so hoping the traffic isn't too bad.

Hi to you all and I hope you have a great weekend. Talk soon

traceylee Guest

Hi Ladies,

Long Time No Post.

I need to read the thread and catch up. May take a bit but hope you are all doing well.

Well Christmas has been so busy and the New Year seems to have already flown past very quickly.

I had my amnio on the 31st and am excited to say that there are no chromosone abnormalities in our baby. I had so much crap going on in my head about the amnio and when I went in, it was nothing. The doctor was fantastic but baby pushed his foot on the needle and touched it. I didnt watch because every time I see an ultrasound of our baby I laugh and cry at the same time and wanted to be still. DH watched. It was nothing. The needle did not hurt and I expected to feel a dragging sensation when they withdrew the fluid but felt nothing. A very easy procedure and I rested for a few days after.

Ready for this; We have a son on the way! I couldnt believe it. I cried and cried and cried. Eleven years of hard slog on IVF and we have a son. Just the thought makes me cry. We have been through so much disappointment and failure and now we are no longer a statistic. We are so happy its amazing. Im tired, emotional and have a sore back but its all worth it.

Its 4.47am and I awoke at 1am and slept until 3am and cant get back to sleep. Im so uncomfortable. Im on my third glass of skim milk and usually that works but nothing tonight. Anyway, I hope it rains today so I can sleep.

Will catch up with you all soon.

Take Care

Tracey Lee

Tracey Lee - congrats on it being a boy and all being OK. I'm having my amnio on Wednesday and it's very reassuring to read of your experience so thanks for posting about it. The lead up to it is a bit stressful isn't it? I had mine put off last week as the doc decided it was too early so hopefully it happens this week. It's so hard to have to prepare for it all over again. I can't wait to find out if ours is pink or blue. I dreamt pink, DF dreamt blue so we will know for sure after the end of the week. As long as all the chromosones are as they should be that's all that matters.

I had a rough night last night. I burnt my thumb and a finger cooking dinner last night and spent til 1am having to cling to icy cold things to ease the pain. Finally the pain eased and then I got some sleep. Looks like it will blister so I'm worried how on earth I'm going to manage work. I can type today but if it blisters in a few days I will not be able to type at all - it's my right had so I couldn't even manage figures. Oh well, have to wait and see what happens.

Hi All

I have been reading this post for a while and have decided to finally write. I am currently 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant with twins. They were conceived on my second fresh IVF cycle after unexplained infertility. The realisation has finally hit me that I am going to be a mother in less than two weeks. I am very excited and can't wait to meet them. I haven't found out the sex so that is another big surprise. Good luck for everyone else throughout their pregnancy.

Alice00

Hi all!
    Welcome Alice and congratulations!!! Wow, twins and so soon too. I know what you mean about realising that you are going to be a mother... takes a long time to get into your head that you really are pregnant then one day it hits you that you are actually going to have a baby, or in your case 2!!!
    Well done on surviving the amnio Tracylee. I would have been crapping myself if I had to do it. I am glad it all worked out so well and congrats on your little son!
    Good luck with yours this week Satya, I hope it is as easy as Tracylees was. I'm sure you will be fine once you are in there.
    Mako, good on you for persisting with the BF with mastitis. I read that is the best thing to do but it doesnt sound like much fun you poor thing. Do they know why some ppl get it???
    ME: Well, Yep I'm still hanging around waiting. DH sister phoned again yesterday am and DH let her know she doesnt need to keep ringing and annoying us. We will let her know when it has happened!!!!! I have been stressing about housework for a few days but we did it all today (shock, horror. DH actually helped!!!) and I feel better now knowing I wont be coming home from hosp to a house like a bomb hit it. especially with visitors coming. I know ppl dont expect a spotless house with a new bub but it is just one of my little things, I cant let it go. There are worse faults I guess lol. I have been very sore down there with pressure and having period pain on/off for weeks now but still nothing new... sigh. I know at the very latest we will have our baby by next weekend though but I'm not telling ppl in real life when we will be having induction. We are letting them think we will go to 14days over but dr will only let us go 10 I think. I have GP appt on Wednes and if no bub by then we will go into hosp on thurs pm for gels and labour friday.... scary!!!!!!
    Hi to all I have missed. Hope you are all doing well!

Mako - I really hope your mastitis is getting better, I have heard that it is extremely painful & I know I have been petrified of getting it myself.
    Don't worry about giving bub formula because I have too.
    The last two weeks I have tried giving bub one bottle at night which she didn't like to begin with but the last two nights she has gulped it down & has slept a lot better (thank the lord, I didn't know how much longer I could go with no sleep) so I will continue giving her one before bed.
    I figure I have given her the best start with b/feeding for 9 weeks so if this fills her up better for night time I'm all for it.

Sazz - you still hanging around, you poor thing have you tried dtd?
    We did that & 2 days later bub arrived, may not have been that though.
    Yes I know it's probably the last thing on your mind, lol.

Tracey Lee - congratulations on having a little blue boy.

Yes Jenna has recovered from her needles, thank you for asking.

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34

I'm dying for a cuppa so this will be quick post.
    Sazz - come on bubs...we are all waiting!!! Good luck, Sazz and i can't wait to hear.

TL - wow, another blue baby in here! So pleased for you.

Arielle - you look hot! Cute av!

Alice - congrats! You'll be a mum sooooo soon. I couldn't have got to this point without BB, so i hope you find lots of friends here too.

Marcellus - i wondered if i was having BH's too, but it thought it was a bit early. But, i guess now I was right. Bummer - but at least we can feel sorry for each other!

Sushee - i think i will post in the success thread once little bugsy is safely home in my arms. I never really thought anyone would want to hear, but I'm learning now how important it is to share these things. I wish your recent thaw cycle had a different result. I felt sad when i read. I wish everyone could have their dreams come true.

Hi to everyone else...we are quite a crowd now!

Wink

Hey chickies

Sazz - I think we are your cheer team..... there is not long now to go and the end in is sight.....am dying for some baby news.

TraceyLee- congrats on having a blue bub, I found reality hit me when I knew what I was having.

Satya- goodluck with finding out what your having.

Alice - congrats and goodluck, omg not long to go now for you

Mako - hope your boobies are recovering, it sounds awful and just another thing to look forward to eeek!!!

OMG Lenny/Marcellus - bh already, im just getting used to the kicking, I cant believe how fast time is moving!!!

Big hello to everyone else

me - she has started kicking away which is good finally, though dh is yet to feel it and is getting frustrated but it will happen i guess. And the cool weather has finally come which is great, but now we are flooded.Oh well at least I am sleeping better

traceylee Guest

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all so much for your congrats! Yes, reality does hit when you know what you are having. Every now and then I whisper "my son" and it sounds so beautiful. DH is so happy too and I feel so proud all of a sudden.

Satya; you know those aches & pains, tugging, pulling feelings you sometimes get, they are far worse than the amnio. My doctor has 30yrs experiance and I think that makes all the difference. That was an important factor for me. You will be fine. The worry is more stressful than the actual procedure. I would have an amnio over an embryo transfer any day.

AliceOO; Welcome. I hope you find many friends here. Have you finished your shopping for the babies? You must be so excited that they are nearly here. Do you have names?

Sazz; you must be beside yourself wanting the birth. Im following your experiance so that I cant learn all the advice you are getting. Hope all goes well for you for a safe delivery soon.

Me; Im 18 weeks today and "my son" is giving me butterflies in my tummy occassionally. We spent the weekend on the nursery which has been gutted back to new gyprock and roof only. I bought the nursery bedding and all accessories last week; cot stuff, lamp, drapes etc etc. We bought the pram, car seat, light fittings and picked the carpet on the weekend.The carpet guy came this morning and measured up to fit. The carpenter is coming next week to do the skirting boards and then the painter is coming. After the carpet is laid we will get a wardrobe fitted. Im so excited. Its all going to happen. Relaxing today.

Hope you are all well

Tracey Lee

Hi all
    Congratulations on your immenent motherhood Alice! Hope you'll stick around after to let us know how everything is going - so close now!

Good to see you back Tracy, and great news on your amnio. Really, transfer is worse? That's good news for Satya and anyone else needing an amnio.

Lismith - it's great once DH can feel it too. It's a bit tricky at first getting the timing right. And of course baby usually decides to stop moving anytime someone puts their hand on your belly.

Hey Jo - hope you're all getting some sleep!

Glad you have an 'end' date Sazz. Cleaning the house like that sounds like nesting.. And glad DH helped you out. I've given up vacuuming cause it hurts my back too much. unfortunately DH is a slob.... oh well.

When's your amnio Satya? Hope you're feeling better about it now.

Hi Mako - hope the engagement party went alright. Bb's any better? That really sounds awful you poor thing. I"m sure feeding is good for it, but easier said than done given the pain.

Well, I'm very used to BH by now - they started at about 11 weeks (which is crazy early i know, but i wouldn't make this up). Just getting more intense nowadays. Are yours bothering you Lenny? I'm finding certain activities bring them on, so trying to avoid things that do.

Catch you all later

Oh wow TL - you have got more for your bub than we have...we are at risk of having to push him home from the hospital in the pram...and have him sleeping in the pram too! It's the only thing we have bought! No car seat, no cot...please don't be early little bugsy! There aren't even any clothes for him! DH is week-on, week-off, so we never seem to have time to do these things.

Marcellus - eeek, you've been having BH for ages. Mine are very few and far between, thankfully.

Lismith - It always seems to take ages for the DH to feel to kicks...but after a while you will know when/where they kick, and if it's anything like my wonderful DH, he's not really all that interested anymore, he has felt so many. I still don't mind the little kicks - but the big rolling over acrobat manoeuvres can be a bit awkward/uncomfortable sometimes, especially at work!

Hi everyone else

Sazz - it's getting very close for you now must be exciting and scary all at once I'd imagine.

lismith - I can't wait to feel kicks. I've felt one lot of bubbles but that was the day after my NT scan so I think that's way too early and I've had a few episodes of a creeping sensation in my right lower abdo just above the pubic bone that I think might be early movements - just in the last week or two. It only happens when I'm really still. I guess I'll know soon enough if that's what it is. I've read that it can feel like butterfly movements and I'm not sure I'd describe this feeling as that but it's certainly unlike any feeling I've ever experienced before.

traceylee - I'm more concerned about waiting for the results than anything..... oh and sneezing. I've been sneezing a lot since getting pg and I started to get worried about sneezing while the needle is in there, but I'm sure I'm just being paranoid about something that just wont happen.

marcellus - my amnio is on Wednesday - well that's when it's planned for. The doc performing it has a habit of getting delayed or called away to the hospital (twice on the day my NT was first planned for, had to reschedule it for another day and was late last week when the amnio was initially planned) so who knows if it will go ahead. The whole BH thing is weird. Some women seem to get them really early and others don't get them at all. I know someone who only has 4 weeks to go and she's had none. They say they are painless in some women, mild in others and painful in the unlucky few..... very weird.

Hi to everyone else. I noticed today I've got lots of spider veins on the underside of my BBs and a little on the top. I had some small patches of these quite early on but they disappeared but are back with a vengance now. I've had the blue veins for some time too so in general they are now looking like a Melways with the multicolored lines all over the place.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast