Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Dec 2007

Hey Nic

I ended up with a planned c/s and although it wasn't what I quite wanted...it was actually fine...

I read a good book called "delivery by appointment" which was pretty helpful...

I also wrote a birth plan which I can pm to you if you want...we didn't actually use it in the end...and to be honest, didn't really miss it that much.

Anyway...I can certainly understand your disappointment...but hang in there! Sorry to hear about the cold sore!

Hi ladies - I'm off for my amnio tomorrow. My DF got sacked on Monday so at least there's no issue with him getting the time off to attend (it was looking like there might be). I'm hoping that our run of bad luck is now behind us and only good things come from tomorrow onwards.

monnie, thanks for the name of the book. I remembered it being mentioned, but was still to track down where I had read it. That would be great if you have the time to PM me your birth plan, I have absolutely no idea where to start with one, must venture over to the c/s thread again.

satya, goodluck for tomorrow. That's not good news about DF job, do you think he will be able to find something soon enough?

Nic

Hey Nic, I guess all I can say is to not take it on your self and try to be very comfortable with it.....at the end of the day you will be bringing in to this world another sweet little human being?.regardless of how its comes out. I hope by the due date you become more comfortable with the idea. I can only imagine the difficulty associated with the procedure, but boy? you will be holding the title of warrior mum and the scars are your battle scars. In terms of telling people, its really what you and DH want??

Satia, hope the amnio goes well today, take care of yourself.

Big cook up sounds like a great Idea Sazz, with all the visitors, and zombiness, the last thing you or DH want to do is cook a nutritious meal?.I was thinking on stocking up on some home made finger food that I can quickly chuck in the oven for visitors?.DH being Greek and I Romanian we will get the whole community dropping by. God help us?..

How are you doing Marcellus? Hope all is good, belly growing nicely!!!!

Didn't have the amnio. Dr decided it was too early and wants to do it next week. He was also delayed for about half an hour at the hospital.... luck was as usual just not on my side. I did get a free scan out of it so there's the silver lining I need right now. Two new photos for the photo album. Bubs is 9.86cms now and has a heartbeat of 151bpm - anyone got any any theories on what sex the baby is based on heartbeat?

I certainly hope that is the last of your bad luck Satya - now you're due for some good stuff. It's great you got another pic for your album - we've started a baby album for Jelly already with all our ultrasound pics. Supposedly higher heart beats means girl, but not sure higher than what and not sure at which stage of pg (since heartbeat changes...). sorry, that wasn't very useful was it.

Good going with the cooking Sazz.

Sounds like you're going to be really busy with visitors after you have your baby Ltl Panda.

We have our first ante-natal class this evening. Hopefully it's interesting. Starting to think i'll need to seek professional help for my back - so tight and painful. I'm obviously sitting/standing funny or something (hardly surprising given the huge belly out front).

Take care everyone

Hi ladies. Just trying to catch up on the last couple of days.

Satya - Bummer on the amnio being delayed bt I am sure some good luck is just lurking around the corner for you.

Marcellus - Hope you have fun at your class and learn heaps.

Ltl Panda - How you going? Keeping that baby in there for a bit longer?

Nic- Sorry to hear you are feeling bummed about the c/s and that your having trouble with your MIL. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Sazz - Any action today?

Kimbe - Yay on your little girl. How exciting!!!

Lismith - Hope the heat has eased a bit for you and bubs is resting instead of playing ping pong in there lol.

Hi to everyone I have missed I hope you are all traveling along well.

As for me we had another Ob app today. All going well. My blood pressure was good, had a quick look at the babies and both were moving about and their hearts beating away strongly. It is so nice to see them. They are getting bigger so quickly. No wonder I have a huge belly already lol. We also ordered some of our nursery stuff this week. I know it is early but I just want to have everything done, after all I don't really know how early the babies will come although I hope not to early, I want to cook them as long as possible. I can't wait until it comes in the shop I am excited about setting up the nursery!!!

Belly rubs girls

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi ladies,

I did a seperate post about this but wanted to also come in and ask for a favour. We had a very big sticky thread in LTTTC what gone missing which had lovely success stories from our LTTTCers past and present. I'm trying to replace the thread, but need help from all of you LTers who have now graduated. Can you please contribute your success story to this thread. It can be as long or as short as you're comfortable with, but I know the thread helped me keep the hope up when I was doing IVF, and don't want the current LTers to miss out on that.

Thanks ladies!

Satya - shame about not getting the amnio done but good news on seeing bubba via scan again...i'd go have a scan every day if they let us hey!

Marcellus - sorry to hear about your back pain mate, i must have missed reading about it in an earlier post, sounds yuck. Is DH being recruited for regular back massages?? I am finding a warm bath wonderful for all the aches and pains, though, mine are more butt and feet pains as opposed to back. Have fun at the antenatal class...come back and tell me all about it. We haven't taken up the opportunity cause i'm the kind of person who takes on others nerves/anxiety and stress (i know, you'd think a psychologist would know better!) anyway, i figured i'd probably be worse off emotionally by attending classes! For some reason, in this forum situation though, the opposite seems to happen for me, and thankfully i'm much calmer about things!

Ltl P - the cook up sounds great, i'd probably be dropping in myself if i was in your area, lol! Unfortunately, or fortunately, which ever way one looks at it, i won't have the smothering of family as mine are interstate and DH's have little ones of their own and an hours car drive so dropping in is not an option!

Nic - yuck on the coldsore for you, they are haunting aren't they, if its not hormones it's stress and no doubt being pregnant you've got both on your side! Good luck in erradicating it and feeling great about yourself again

Well all's good from my end. Am eating like a trooper though, was being really healthy until probably this week.The last few days have consisted of pancakes, icecream, iceblocks, chips and all sorts of chocolate which i know is not good for bubba at this stage. I know it's not cravings too which makes it worse! Anyway, did do big shop of fruit and veg this afternoon so hopefully that will help!

See ya guys....Sazz, hope alls good!! Given yesterday's post maybe DTD has helped!

Cook those babies good KTgirl! Glad to hear they're coming along so well.

Thanks Kimbe - not sure whether I mentioned the back before actually... Anyway, our bath is too small to be of any use for easing back pain. In NZ everyone had huge baths and no guilt about filling them - how wonderful!

There are actually 2 classes at Mercy (placenta brain here got all befuddled and thought the phiso one they sent forms out for was 'the' class, when it turns out the regular class was afterward and i'm enrolled in both....), so didn't get home till 10. Anyway, you may be right to stay away (though I'm sure every class is different). The physio one was good, think there'll be lots of good advice there and the teacher was very positive. The woman taking the other class was nice, always telling jokes, but really emphasised the pain... And there were clearly at least a few people in the class who are quite afraid of childbirth. I doubt anything about last night has reassured them, apart from the promise of week 3's class on pain relief. I'm soooooo glad we did the birthskills workshop - it was so positive and affirming in comparison. I know we've only done one week, so should reserve judgement, but that's how we feel right now. One good thing with this class that I can see is that it will give us a much better idea about what to expect with this particular hospital.

Take care everyone

kimbe, I too have prefered to eat the naughty foods instead of meat, veggies and fruits.....not sure why... as I was never big on junk food... I have always enjoyed eating healthy.....

Ktgirl, its never too early to get started on the nursery, its best to be prepared and have it all done in time, rather than rush things, plus there is always a 6-12 week weight on a lot of things. Plus, you are carrying twins, things will get a lot harder for you than the average out there?..goodness If I am finding thing hard with one, I can only imagine what its like carrying twins?.I am assuming you will be on bed rest starting week 34?.

Satya, glad you got a free scan, more photos to the album is great. Good luck next week, what day is it?

Marcellus, the best thing about the classes was how DH felt, he got heaps out of it?.us women do a lot of reading, on the net, chatting with you lovely ladies? so we get more info, but the men rely on us to share our knowledge with them and these classes really help set in concrete what we have researched so far.
    I too got a lot out of them especially on breast feeding.
    Enjoy the rest of them.

Hi everyone,
    No action here still. Went to Adelaide at 2.30am yesterday with DH in the truck (produce market run for work, home by 10am) hoping the bumpy ride would shake this baby out of me but no luck. Just made me super tired and a sore back. Oh well. I am on the raspberry leaf tablets now and am also taking Evening primrose oil capsules too to try to move things along but not brave enough to do the alternative "inserting" them at night yet. Maybe tonight? Have had lots of phone calls from ppl "checking up" on me. Some are really nice, some just plain annoying LOL.
    Marcellus, I know what you mean about the classes. We had a series of 8 and approx 3 were about pain really! Well, what to expect and how to deal with it. I wish we had alternative classes here like the one you did or hypnobirthing or something rather than just the medical style ones. I did find it really helpful in some respects though. I was amazed by how little some ppl know already. It seems the classes were really beneficial to them, I guess that is the whole point!
    Glad to hear your bubs are coming along so well KT. It is exciting stuff planning the nursery and the arrival. Are you getting 2 of many things or how will you arrange things? Interesting!Have fun shopping. I can understand wanting to be organised early, not just because they will probably come early but because you will be bigger and uncomfortable earlier than the rest of us too!
    Going to be 41C here (AGAIN!!) so off to put the aircon already I think. Looking forward to tommorrow, should be under 30C I hope.
    Maybe I will catch you then?

Hey Sazz, I saw a post on here somewhere about a study into taking EPO orally that said it was ineffective. Dunno about using it 'down there'. Can you reach? I think i'd have to get DH to help.
    All the best - it won't be long now. My mum was talking about how I'd be wanting to jump off the roof and stuff if I go post-dates.... not so sure about that!

You're right Ltl Panda, I'm sure there will be useful stuff to learn. And about the blokes too - all he knows is from the course we did already and what I've told him. I guess we are a bit more motivated to find stuff out I am looking forward to the breastfeeding bit too. Having seen a breast crawl video on utube I'm very keen to give that a go - will have to ask about feasibility of that in class.

Catch you all later

Sazz just try and get as much rest while you can and enjoy every moment of these days leading up to the arrival of bugalugs. Good on you for cooking all those meals too. I didn't have time to do that so had to rely on MIL to cook for us the first few days we were home
    Anyway sending you heaps of l.v's and am looking forward to seeing you b/a soon.
    Take care

Ktgirl wow hun look at your ticker flying by. How exciting for you and DH buying some furniture for the nursery. Its never too early to start preparing for the arrival of your precious babies.

Nic I hope all goes really well for you planned c/s. I had Sage via c/s and have to say it really wasn't too bad and would elect to have another for bub #2 one day. I didn't have any choice in the delivery but am soooo pleased about that as if I'd had a single contraction Sage wouldn't be here with us today.
    It really doesn't matter what type of delivery you have as long as you and bub are here safe and well.
    Take care hun and I'm sure everything will work out just fine for you.

Ltl Panda maybe you could tell your visitors to bring a plate of finger food when they come to see you so that way you won't be pressured into feeding them as after all you are the one with a brand new baby and the last thing you will want to do is prepare food for guests.

Sage and I are doing ok. I have had mastitis for the last couple of weeks so I'm trying to get through that atm. I didn't think anything could be so painful.
    Sage is growing so fast too. He's 11 weeks old now. We had him weighed yesterday and he's now 8lb 8oz. He has been rolling over from his tummy to his back for the last 3 weeks (such a clever little monkey) and he's been smiling for a few weeks now too. He slept for 7 hours straight last night which is the longest he's slept for which was great. He normally sleeps between 2 and 4 hours at a time.

Hi to everyone I've missed.Hope you are all doing really well and I'll try and catch up with you all soon.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ok ladies, since none of you have mentioned it, are any of you willing to post your success story?

Sushee - I'll probably post in the success thread if I get a good result with the amnio. Until then I can't really call it a success really.

Gday everyone, just a quick post from me - I just can't believe how busy I am being a mum & I really wish I could get on here more but atm it's not possible.

Mako - well done on 7 hours in a row, how did you manage that?
    I feel as though Jenna's sleeping is getting worse not better, how can that be?
    Before xmas she was having between 4 & 5.5 hour sleeps when she first went to sleep (hopeless after that though) but lately it's been no more than 3.5 & that's only been like twice in a few weeks.
    I'm starting to think we are never going to get a good night's sleep!
    I had figured it was all due to the 40 degree temps we've had (an our air con was broken) & the visits around xmas but maybe this is her new pattern, urrrggh.

Monnie - how does little Felix go with his sleeps?

Nic - sorry to hear you have to have a c/s but as long as bub & you are ok in the end is all that really matters, hopefully you can at least prepare yourself for it now.

Sazz - how are you feeling you poor thing, I really hoped when I got on tonight that there would be a new little bubba! (I bet your wishing too).

So bub had two needles in her little legs yesterday, it was awful!!!!!!!!
    I wanted to cry & punch the lady in the face at the same time, my poor little princess cried so much & had a very miserable day after that needless to say we had a bad night.
    On the plus side she now weighs 10 pounds (the jersey cow must be working well, aka me) & is 57.5cm in length which is apparently above average so hopefully that will continue.

Anyway bub wants another feed so have to go, hope to catch up soon & I hope you are all feeling wonderful & growing beautiful little bubbies.

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34

Sushee I'll post in the success stories section as soon as I get a chance
    I think its a great thing to have if it gives others hope

DJTTC Try not to worry about Jenna's sleep patterns hun. Sage was all over the place and still is. He usually sleeps up to 3 or 4 hours and then wakes for a nappy change and a feed. Last night really was an exception I think as I cheated and gave him 125mls of formula(I've never given him formula before) and a top up of bm as my bb's were just way too sore to give him a full b/m feed due to mastitis. I did feel really guilty for doing this but when you are way too sore and in tears you just do whatever you can to keep bub happy.
    Jenna is loving her booby juice too by the sounds of things. Her weight gain is awsomme well done.
    Have you sorted the wind problems out for Jenna???

Monnie I meant to wish you a very happy birthday for the other day. I hope you are enjoying you holiday too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast