Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Jan 2008

Wow! So much has happened in the last few days with you guys!

Sazz...you poor thing! What a tough time you've had...but hopefully it's a real turning point for you both...and little Celeste has plenty of booby success! Good on you for really trying to get it sorted out...what a fantastic mummy you are!!!

Mako...how you going at work? Hope it's going well. Sage sounds like such a clever little boy. Rolling front to back and back to front....that's fantastic! He's a real little marvel! I know what you mean about not turning your back!!!

Satya...sorry to hear about the SPD. I had alot of pelvis problems in the last few weeks. I ended up going to a physio and she gave me an elastic belt (like an 80's stretchy belt) that worked a treat. YAYAY on the first kick...wonderful!

Lenny...your little boy is really growing. Isn't it exciting when they don't fit the screen anymore!

Kimbe...yep...the cankles are fun! Mine ended up staying a little while til after the birth...it was so exciting to be able to have ankles again...and fit into some of my shoes! You're getting really close now...how exciting!

Lissmith...enjoy your work get away! Sorry to hear you're so busy at work, though

Marcellus...I can't believe how close you are getting to the end...50 days! It just seems like yesterday when you announced your pregnancy! So wonderful!

Jo...how's little Jenna going?

Who else is there? Nic, Ktgirl...hope things are going well!

Ltl Panda...where are you? Fingers crossed!

So hope I haven't missed anyone...if I have, sorry!

As for Felix and I...we're doing pretty well. Work has been pretty hard going but after tomorrow should settle down hugely...(for the last two weeks I've been doing 2x my normal workload)...but tomorrow that finishes...can't wait. Felix's sleep is still pretty up and down but I guess it's just a stage they go through...I've heard 4 + 5 months can be a bit tricky like that...

He's doing really well though...every day I still look at him and realise what a beautiful little miracle he is...as is Celeste, Jenna, Sage...and all the little ones on their way to entering this world!

Hi

Monnie I've just finished my last shift of the 1st week back. It hasn't been too bad thank goodness. Sage has been staying with his Nan and has been a very good boy(she wouldn't tell me otherwise lol). I have felt a bit guilty about leaving him but haven't told anyone in RL. I'm sure I will adjust and everything will be ok. I'm just so very tired. More than usual but I hope it gets a bit better.

Satya Yay on feeling those 1st kicks. They are fantastic and I have to admit I do miss those lol.

Hope you are all well and big belly rubs to everyone.

Mako, you're a real trooper with the bf! I really hope it can get better (and less painful) for you. Sounds like little Sage is doing well at any rate, which is wonderful.

Sazz - Glad you've gotten the bf on track - well done! Seems like so much hard work. And yeah, I've been saying "Yes, I know" a lot re how big I am. Mum keeps saying that i'll have to go early given how little room there was, but then I see your post.... hmm. I think there's no correlation between these things.

So funny that you've been patting bugsy's bum Lenny! Seems like he has the right idea about the exit, hey?

Congrats on your first hospy apt Lis - all good! too bad about your work though. And don't worry about the weight thing.... I figured out the other day that at the present rate of expansion I will have put on about 20kg by term. That is shocking!

Aren't hubbys great at pointing out these things Kimbe? Mine was very quick to reassure me that, yes, my bum was definitely bigger...

Satya, hope the pain stays away. And hooray for feeling your baby!

Great to see you still popping in Monnie - hope work eases up a bit for you.

Big hugs and belly rubs to all the babies!

Hi all!

Mako - glad to hear your first day at work went ok & you know what babies are always ok with other people which I know totally sucks (well it does but it doesnt iykwim) I used to work in the babies room at daycare & the mum's would always say 'were they ok today' & they were always angels but the mum's totally didn't believe us.
    What a clever boy Sage is rolling over, hope your boobs are better now.

Lenny - so happy for you that everything is going well with bubs, have you thought of any names?

Sazz - finally the right boob, well done for trying so hard, hope everything else is going well with your little princess.

Satya - your first kick, how exciting!
    Sorry about the indigestion, I know exactely how bad that is I had it all day every day all throughout my pg since 6wks.
    I even remember in labour getting it from some snakes I was eating for energy.

Hope everyone is doing fantastic!!!

Jo - 28(treated endo)
    Dh - 34

Quick post. Had a scare last night. Got the nastiest abdo cramps I can ever remember (even worse than when I had food poisoning many years ago), just after eating dinner. I was so worried that all was about to end and then after 5 quick trips to the loo realised it was just food related. Don't know what I ate that did it to me, I'm so overly careful and it couldn't have been my dinner as it was way too quick for that. Anyway, alls well that ends well. Sooooooooooooo relieved.

Satya - glad to hear everything is OK. I nearly called my DH home from night shift one night - the cramps were unbearable - but, like you, it was just food related and ran it's course. Scary though, isn't it.

DJ - names are picked, we have a no#1 name and a couple of back-ups. (But DH calls bugsy by no#1 name from time to time already, so I think we will be going with that)

Marcellus - Can you believe that one of the girls due at the same time as you has had her little princess already! Wow! Scary stuff.

Kimbe - Is someone doing your BA? You can't leave us waiting!

OOOO Satya, that sounded unpleasant! Glad it's all over now. Must have been scary.

I know Lenny! I feel a littlel panicked when I think that, at the outside, it's only 8 weeks till we meet the little guy. I mean, i'm excited about it and all, but...
    Well done on picking names... we have a girl's name we like, which is really useful! boy's names are problematic. i'm sure we'll come up with something

Ltl Panda and Kimbe - you guys doing alright?

I've been getting cramping/other kinds of pain down there with the BH at night. dunno what it is but it's starting to keep me awake.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a good week

Hi everyone,

Satya, that sounds like it was really distressing, and with good reason too! Glad it was "technically" all ok iykwim.

Lenny, Marcellus, yep, all's good with me. I haven't got anyone doing BA, but you'll know pretty quick, if more than 4 day's have past and i haven't said boo, then i'm probably in, you guy's will know the second i get home how it all went! That's a guaranteed promise (if they offer the internet at hospital, i'll even get on there for you!!). Though given bub's still moving around recklessly, i don't think she has any big plans for facing the big wide world just yet.

It's nice to hear people talk about name selection in here, it's not really been mentioned before. DH & I settled on a boy's name very early on (pretty much from 1st +'ive preg test) and then a girls name, after much mulling over it, by the 3 month mark. Since, another little person has arrived and been given the same first named (hint hint), but despite me considering changing it, DH was set and already talking and refering to bub by the chosen girls name so, there was no budging!

We had midwife visit today and to be honest, i'm a little over my regular midwife, she has no recollection of things she's said previously or things i have already asked and it kinda frustrates me. I know she has lots of us preg women to see, but, it all seems very impersonal for something that is quite the opposite. Today she asked about breast feeding and antenatal classes for about the 4th consecutive visit... ah, hello, been there, done that! And then, cause she had a prac student with her she attempted to tick all the boxes as though she'd been thorough, i felt like saying something but bit my tongue. Then out of nowhere, she said 'bub is long isn't it' (not that i knew what that meant) and given we're both short i joked that maybe it wasn't really ours, we laughed, but the midwife looked at us like we were stupid...i'm guessing she's forgotten that DTD isn't what got us pregnant! Anyway, positively, after having her explain why she thought bub was long, I was able to find out what bub weighed at the 32wk US and she was 1800grams, so, i am going to look up to see if we can estimate birth weight.

Wow, selfish post I know...hope everyone else is going well. There's many that have gone quiet recently and i hope it's not the MS, heat, exhaustion or yucky feelings you sometimes get keeping you all offline. I hope it's more because you're all lying on your lounges talking to your growing bellies is awe that we're all going to be mummies this year!

I enjoyed reading your post Kimbe - reason being, although i really like my ob, i often wonder about midwife care - there are some little things that happen to me (like a big 'coffee' stain on my leg) and some little questions i sometimes think i'd like to ask, but i never quite feel comfortable. I don't want to waste his time IYKWIM. I guess each form of care has it's good points and bad points.

BTW, if you don't find a growth chart on Google, the sonographer said bub gains 200gms a week for the last 8 weeks (approx). So that makes your bub about 3.5kg, a nice comfy birth weight for you hopefully. But as Mako said, things change!

I don't think my brother's GF knew about bugsy's conception and when the family was with us for Xmas we made a joke about the baby not being ours - she looked really really blank at us. I guess someone explained later - either that or she thinks we are having marriage troubles!!

Kimbe I hope things work out with your midwife. I think they get so confused sometimes as they are just so busy. In saying that though, there is absolutely NO excuse for her not to know your history and your concerns etc as she should have these written down in your notes and anyone caring for you should take 5 mins or so to go over them before they see you or even while you are having your appointment. This is what my Ob used to do EVERY appointment I had.
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you having bub at Katoomba hospital? I only ask as my sister had her 3 babies there and am just curious.

Lenny How funny about your brothers GF. I bet she was wondering WTH was going on

Ltl Panda Where are you?????? I hope you and bub are ok. Maybe you're in hossy now with your new bundle of joy.....

Ktgirl How are you and those gorgeous twins in your belly??? Hope all is well as I haven't seen you here for a while.

Sage is doing ok. We have to see the Paed again tomorrow for a check up about his growth etc. He is gaining weight but is still not on the chart in the blue book.GP was happy with him yesterday as he's growing consistently and thats all we can hope for.
    He was a little monkey last night when I put him to bed. He wasn't too happy about going and was crying and fussing etc.Anyway I went in about 5 mins later to check on him and he'd rolled over onto his tummy. He usually sleeps on his side so I was suprised to say the least. I put him on his back so he could roll to whichever side he wanted and he rolled to his tummy again lol. I left him there like that and once he was asleep I put him on his side again. Thankgoodness he stayed like that for the night.And he slept for 7 hours again.WOOHOO go Sage!!!!!! He's only done this 3 times now.

Oh yeh the feeding is getting better too now which i'm happy about.

Hope you are all really well.
    Take care

Lol at your brother's GF maybe thinking you had 'marriage problems' Lenny. Do you think maybe that's a subconscious fear we have, that the clinic may have mixed up our 'stuff'? I know we often joke about it... I'm sure they're very careful anyway, but DH did forget to put his name on his sample that day. They told him it would be fine though. God, could you imagine the lawsuit!?

So Kimbe, we have 50:50 odds at guessing your girl's name, right?

I know our OB had a bad day once where he reasked questions and didn't seem to be keeping up - the apt was about 4-5 hours late cause he'd been so crazy busy that day so we forgave him. He's usually alright - in fact I'm surprised at what he does remember, but then I guess he does have his notes. And we always take the time to ask whatever questions we have. I know what you mean Lenny, I often think about all those other people in the waiting room, but this is what we pay him for after all.

Well done Sage! Sleeping for a whole 7 hours, what a good boy.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and babies too.

Yeah 50:50 odds on the name Marcellus! Not a tough one i know. And DEFINATELY, there is the paranoia about scientific mishaps. I've had several dreams that i give birth to a little Vietnamese baby...and DH and i are as Anglo as you can imagine! My fall back though is that we were ICSI and the first couple that morning (with hubby also having surgical extraction!) so there wouldn't have been any other eggs or spermies to join but ours! LOL

Lenny, thanks for sharing about your Ob too, i often question whether we should have gone private, particularly given the midwife we've got, but then, she'll not actually be there during the birth (i know, it doesn't really make sense to me either) and the other 3 i've had in her absence have actually been quite good so here's hoping they're with me during labour...hmmm maybe you could suggest to your Ob that there is no coffee permitted in the delivery suite!

Mako, sounds so exciting with Sage, sleeping well, paed appoints and feeding well, i can't wait. We're actually going to Nepean hospital as we're lower Blue Mountains so it's slightly closer to home than Katoomba or Hawkesbury, plus, it's the teaching hospital and any prob's at the other hospitals are automatically transfered to Nepean, so i figured why risk being elsewhere if there was a prob, but so far so good.

Kimbe I'm so much happier knowing that you're going to Nepean. My SIL had her 2nd bub there and all was good. My sister had an awful scare at Katoomba with her 3rd. I'm not going to go into it but they are ok luckily but as I said I'm so much happier that you won't be going there hun. My brother and my sis both live in the lower mountains also. Such a lovely spot!!!!!

kimbe - love your dream - your subconscious must really be worried that bubs is not yours. I'm sure bubs will pop out with no vietnamese resemblance.

DF and I picked out our bubs first name ages ago. For some weird reason we had only agreed on a boys name, and had done very little discussion on a girls name, so I guess deep down we must've known what we were having. We chose his middle name on the day we got the FISH results back which showed he was a boy. Both names were suggested by my DF. The first name we are using is the last name of a now deceased racing car driver (who my DF idolised) and the middle name just happened to be one of the ones on my list of about 5 that I felt went well with the first name so I was very happy to agree to that on the spot. It's really nice to have that settled so early on.

All is well with me, I'm off to my OB tomorrow - hoping for a nice strong heartbeat again as I've had some paranoid thoughts that all is not well in there (the m/c risk after an amnio keeps popping into my head) even though I have felt a little movement on and off, and just felt some whilst typing this up.

Satya - so glad that you & bub are ok!

Mako - how good is Sage for sleeping for 7 hours, well done.
    I'm sure that if he is consistantly putting on weight that must be good.

Rolling onto his tummy how do you cope with that?
    I am petrified for when Jenna does that, I wont be able to sleep if I know she's on her tummy even though millions of babies slept like that in my mum's day.

Jenna was playing on her side today & then rolled onto tummy for the first time but luckily she still has to be wrapped at night so she can't do it for now.

Kimbe - I think from memory it was our bubby's name that you guys liked & honestly it is ok if you have a girl to call her that.
    It's funny though that we both like the name because you very rarely hear the name, I guess great minds think alike!

Lol on not being your bub, we were thinking the same thing because the day we went in for IUI there was an asian couple & we often joked about them mixing them up but thankfully there is no denying the paternity because she looks like both of us.

Jenna laughed for the first time (properly anyway) on Sunday it was sooooooooo cute but of course has not done it since.
    She is also doing this fake coughing it is precious.

Marcellus, Monnie, Ltl Panda & everyone else hope you are all well.

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34

Hi ladies

Awwwww I need help. Im feeling so tired and down all the time. I cry at the drop of a hat and just not enjoying this pg. I have had movement and havent really felt much of late. I know its early but this is my 3rd pg.

Ive been trying to find some vit to take but cant seem to find any that are small enough as I cant take tablets. Im just getting down and down.

Been having some pains too. Ive had the worst night sleep last night. I was getting the worst pains. It woke me at 3am and didnt sleep very well after that. It felt like, hmmmm sharp pains running from my fanny straight up to my tum. Ive also had it when Ive been sitting down and go to get up it also happens some times. Does anyone else seem to get this. Im not to worried but in the back of my head I am.

I have my ob appoint next wed and abit scared of going incase he tells me some thing is wrong. Could there be and I know there is in the back of my mind. Is that why I could be feeling so down.

Im sorry for the huge downer post but just need to talk to some one. DH is good but he is so pos++ and thinks im just reading into things. But you know when some thing isnt right and I feel that.

Oh Missy, you poor chicken. I wish i could lift your spirits a bit hun. Your pains could very well be all your bits (uterus etc) stretching to make room. Apparently some people get lots of stretching pains...my ob warned me.

Emotions are always so very different after all the [email protected] we go through - don't kid yourself Missy, you had a lot of ups and downs to get to this point. And you kept positive and you also supported a whole lot of other LTTTCers as well. It's draining...and maybe it's all just catching up on you - combined with all those pregancy hormones, which can just make everyone burst into tears - like me watching Zoo programmes on telly...i get all weepy!

Our DH's are great when they try to be all positive, but sometimes our feelings aren't so easy to put aside.
    I hope you start to feel a bit better soon...
    Big hugs
    Jo

Missy,
    It sounds like you are really expereincing a difficult time right now, but I think seeing your Ob next week is a good thing, possibly they can shed some light on what is happening for you. It is still a tender stage at 16 weeks so do what you can to take it easy. I kinda agree with Lenny, the pains may be stretching and ligament pain. Do a search on google for 'stabbing pains' during pregnancy (if you haven't already) and it will show up that it is quite common in the early stages - there's heaps of info on it.

I don't know of any vit's that might help, but as they say, the healthier your diet, the less your body will actually need supplements, so go hard on the fruit and veg, servings of fish and red meat etc. and you'll feel better for it.

Also, you mentioned knowing when somethings just not feeling right, and most times I agree, we just know, but there are times when we're tired, anxious and emotionally drained that we can get mixed messages from our bodies and when our mind starts to play tricks on us or puts doubts out there. I hope this is one of those times for you. Oh, and I know it probably wont help but try to remember that your body has done this for you before with the 2 beautiful children you have as proof. Hold onto that while you await your Ob appointment next week.
    All the best chicken.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast