Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Nov 2007

Congrats on twins KT that's great news!

Jo - good luck with the mucous . Really sounds like labour shouldn't be too far off... hope so anyway

Sorry you're feeling the family stress Sazz. I hope you can get through the 'festive' season ok.

Felix is so clever Mon!

Congrats on getting through your exams Ltl panda and on getting all your baby stuff together.

Do as many HPTs as you like Nic - i bet you're both counting the days to your scan next week.

Did sage enjoy his little outing Mako?

Zap - hope all is well after your scan.

Catch youse all later - i gotta get back to work.

Hello everyone - long time no speak

Belated birthday wishes DJ, shame it wasn't the healthiest day for you though!

Mako and Monnie, so glad to hear things are going seemingly smoothly

Nic...the HPT's are great hey, and don't worry about how many you use!! I think i went through 3 with DH and then a few sneakies on my own due to disbelief.

KT - 2 bubba's, SOOOOOOOOOO exciting for you, you must have been completely on air walking out of the scan, congrat's.

Ltl Panda, well done on finishing the exams, what a relief you must feel now. The shopping expedition sounds like it was fun (and a good reward for all your hard work).

Lis - OMG, i can't imagine having to have been in Mat. clothes so early, you poor thing, though, at least it shows the world your really pg's! People at work who i haven't personally told are only now approaching me and saying 'i heard a rumour about you' and 'i've only just noticed your pg' and i love them noticing. I also love going shopping and having people literally star at my little bubba belly then smile at me like they know a secret iykwim.

Oh Sazz, it sounds like it was a really difficult weekend for you and the family. Your fears/anxieties about their X'mas stress is probably worthwhile if they're already full on. Mind you, at least you can try and prepare yourself now, get an 'emotional action plan' ready with some responses you can make or some things DH can do/say to reduce the tension/stress on you, i mean, by then your bubba will be real close and you don't need that!

Marcellous, Lenny, Zap and everyone else (there's so many of us in here now it's so great) I hope your doing really really well.

As for me...I HAD LEAKAGE!!!!!! Last night in bed, i was spooning with DH as bubba was kicking wildly and it meant he could feel her in his back and then, as i rolled over to actually get comfy, my right breast was wet as was DH's back. It was like i was a teenager again and having my first period i was so excited. I now officially believe i have 'mumma jugs' even if they are of the smallish persuasion hehehe.

Stay well all.

LOL at having 'mumma jugs' kimbe! My DH tells everyone that he loved it when my bb's got big as he got to 'play with the empties' makes me shudder everytime he says it, but everyone gets a laugh out of it. The leakage is definately the one thing I am not looking forward to again!

Nic

Hi ladies, just a quickie need some advice....been off work yesterday and today, feeling very light headed and I think the word is woozy. No sickness, nausea or pain just that omg Im about to pass out feeling. Has anyone else had this? I think Im going to go to the docs just in case

Yes! Lismith, I think it's common for blood pressure to drop in second tri, which could explain it. But go see your doctor anyway, hey?

Hi ladies. How are we all today?

Any more prgress Jo?

Sazz - Sorry to heat that you are feeling a bit stressed with your family. Big hugs to you

Lismith- It is probably best just to go and see your Dr and make sure everything is fine. Let us know how you go.

Kimbe - Well hello there Mumma Jugs lol.

Ltl Panda - Woo hoo on finishing exams. That must be a relief.

Zap - Any news from your scan? I have been thinking about you and hoping everything is ok?

Hi everyone else. I hope you are having a great day

Lis - yep, it's prob low BP and it is common. The midwife told me to increase water intake, never get up too fast (i.e. jumping off the couch unexpectedly to answer door/phone, getting out of bed in the morning), and to make sure i stick to healthy eating regime, including fruit, veg and grains, and of course the preg. supplements which have iron etc. Good luck with it.

Oh Nic, if DH attempts to mention anything about playing with empties there'll be trouble! LOL

Hi Girls Just a quickie from me. all went ell at the scan and M/S has returned with a vengence!

KT!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girls

Monnie, so glad to read that Felix is doing so well, really excited for you.

lismith25, I believe it is a common thing, I too get it frequently, it can also happen if you are low on iron....

Kimbe, yay on the leakage, my sister was telling me that she started too, she too was very excited.

The wrist pain is more severe in the morning, DH has to put my bra on as I cannot rotate my hands to do it. He has become an expert at doing my bra now. Well I think I have signs of my first stretchmark appearing, not happy but hey, beggars cannot be choosers…. My belly is not even that stretched yet , my sisters on the other hand looks like it going to rip, and there is not one sign of a stretch mark….Anyone else????

Zap, So glad to hear that your u/s went well yesterday, great news

Ltl Panda - ouchies at your wrist pain! Are you putting anything on your skin for the stretch marks? I'm thinking of getting the Palmers stretch mark cream when I get near the shops next week.

Jo, How are you going? Any more niggly pains?

Nic

Red face

Hello all well im back from the docs...and the diagnosis low blood pressure, and enlarged thyroid all baby related, all pregnancy related which I guess is good. Only startling thing which I had completely forgotten about is that women who suffered from PCOS are more likely to develop gestational diabetes!!!! so now I have to have blood work tomorrow to check my glucose levels.......I am so upset already had a bout of uncontrollable sobbing the thought of not being able to conceive naturally and now to possibly be diabetic has just floored me.

Oh well I guess the good news is that there maybe a reason for feeling like this and I just spoke to my boss and he was so good about it, telling me that his mum developed g/d with his brother so he is an expert!!! I wasnt expecting that I tell you.

Sorry for the rant
    Hope your all well - oh and kt congrats on the double bubbies

Oh dear Lismith. I'm glad you went to the docs but sounds like you got a 'list' of things from him. GD and thyroid problems brought on by pregnancy do tend to go away after though.
    It's not fair, is it?
    I didn't know about the GD-PCOS link, but I spose it makes sense. I also had thyroid problems and family history of diabetes so will be getting myself tested - no symptoms so far thank god. I should probably stop eating so much chocolate and sweet stuff...

Zap - great news on your scan. Sorry you're feeling so crappy though. I know it's little consolation, but it will get better. Hang in there and pop in when you can.

That's awful about your wrist Ltl Panda. Glad your DH can make himself useful though - I bet he really likes helping with that part of your dressing.

Oh and good luck with those stretchmarks. I use my normal moisturiser - I understand there isn't much you can do about preventing stretch marks...

congrats on the mumma jugs Kimbe!

well, i'm listening to my new collection of classical music, as randomly selected from a discount sale by DH. supposed to make baby brainy or something...

hope you're all doing well

Hi ladies! Just wanted to introduce myself. I recognise a few of you already, and look forward to getting to know the rest of you.

I am 8wks pg today, after conceiving with ICSI.
    I've found the last few weeks a bit of an emotional roller coaster, as haven't felt overly pregnant, so was sure something had to be wrong, but after my 1st scan showed a nice healthy heartbeat (just the one), I am feeling much happier and more confident. Since then, the symptoms have started to set in for sure. Tired, hungry, MS (not too bad), moody, huge bb's, bloated to the max, etc....

Mako and Monnie - congrats on your bundles of joy! I hope all is going well for you. Sounds like you're doing GREAT!

Zap and Ktgirl - TWINS! Congrats to you both. Double the FUN! That's really exciting!

Ltl Panda - well done on finishing your exams. Now you can focus on setting up that nursery. Have a ball doing it won't you. I can't wait to get to that bit.

DJ - belated b'day wishes! Hope it was a nice day. Sounds like things are getting very close for you. Wishing you HEAPS of luck for a safe delivery when the time comes.

Nic - congrats to you too! Best of luck for your u/s next week. Seeing that little heartbeat for the first time is so precious. I'm excited for you!

Lismith - well done on reaching your 2nd trimester. Hope you're feeling well.

Marcellus - hope you're well and that you managed to find some decent mat wear.

Kimbe - a gorgeous girl on the way. That's fabulous! Have a ball shopping for her!

Lenny (still not used to your new name, but I'll get there) - how soon 'til you have your house to yourselves? That will be nice. Enjoy! Have you started your nursery yet?

Sazz - I've been wondering how you're going. So good to see all is going well, and you've not got long now. I do hope things settle down with your family.

Hopefully I've not missed too many people, but anyone I have missed, a big hi to you too!

Have a lovely weekend all.

Arielle

WooHoo Arielle!! So good to see you here How fantastic about your u/s too.

Not a lot happening here with me, feeling rather tired all this week. I think being pregnant at 20-21 is a different experience to this time round being pregnant at 29. Maybe I just didn't notice it as much with DD?

Nic

Welcome Arielle, and congratulations on the ultrasound......hope all your dreams and wishes come true for this little bean inside.

Nic, I have been packing so much stuff on my belly, I made my own coco butter body cream with 100% coco butter, I have used the palmers belly butter, I have stretched to the max oils, you name it I have used it..... hopefully what looks like a stretchmarks will email faint and not develop into one obvious one.

Not much for me, we have been working on the house this weekend so we have been busy, baby G is just playing away without no fuss.....on my bladder all day long.

well hope you spunky chicks are having a good weekend, talk tomorrow.

My goodness girls we are getting busy in here! Great isn't it!.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my freak out scan and returning M/S. i went for accupuncture and am feeling a little better.

Arielle- Welcome luv! we have very close with due dates!

Ltl Panada- Good luck keeping the strech mark at bay! I had to start using normal mositeriser as the smell of the palmers and bio oil makes me want to spew!

KTGirl- How are you and the two little miricales going? When are you going to start organising everything? I am not sure but will have to be a little sooner than usual i guess being two.

Marcellus- Hope the classical music pays off!

Lismith_ Hope all further testing goes well but I am sure all will clear up after birth.

Ltl Panda_ Sorry to hear about your wrist pain. i had a cousin with the same problem and she ended up in tears most days over it.

To everyone else a big hello and chat soon..

Take care

Racheal

Smile

Happy Monday girlies

Congrats Arielle another member to add to the brood...I feel positively old school now and it wasnt that long ago I was the newbie...my how things have flown.

Marcellus - thanks for your support in true hormonal style I feel better today, with results pending I feel more able to cope with whatever comes.

.....and I think I may have found the culprit. Upon putting on my work clothes I have found that in just 5 days I can no longer do up my work trousers Maybe I had a growth spurt and the body just couldnt move that quickly to compensate. Make that now less than 2% of my wardrobe, that is now a viable option.

Anyway am primed for a manic monday to make up for having days off last week.
    All of you have a great day

Hi All

Just wanting to send some gentle L.Vs to Jo. Not too long untill your due date hun. Hope your little princess gets the message soon

Welcome Arielle. I want to wish you all the best for your pregnancy.

Ktgirl How are those little twins of yours? Hope the M/S isn't too bad now. Has your dh got used to the idea of 2 bundles of joy yet?

Lismith Hope your Monday isn't too hectic for you. LOl at the growth spurt. Get used to those hun.

Ltl Panda Hope the wrist sorts itself out soon. How did the work on the nursery go?

Monnie What a clever little boy Felix is. I bet once he starts talking there will be no stopping him.

Sage is doing ok. We had a bad night on Saturday. He was awake from 2am and was still sceaming at 5am. Needless to say I was like a walking zombie yesterday. Oh the joys of bubs lol. He did sleep better last night though. So I can function a bit better today lol.

Hi to Lenny, Marcellus, Zap,Sazz, Nic and anyone I've missed. It sure is good having so many people in here now.

Take care

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast