Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Nov 2007

Welcome Arielle and congratulations on your pregnancy and first scan - it's great to see that heartbeat, hey? Such a relief. Hope all is going well for you

Lismith that sucks - time to go shopping i think.

Nic, I hope you're not trying to suggest you're old at 29... Cause that makes me slightly older.

Ltl panda, how's your wrist?

I had a lovely massage from DH last night - had no idea my back was so sore and tight. posture's gone to hell i suspect.

Mako - hope you get more sleep tonight!

Hope you and bubs are doing well DJ

Hi to everyone else and take care

Oh no Marcellus, most definately didn't mean it that way I think I just feel way more tired (and feeling older) now than I did 8 years ago, and I was even working full time then, as opposed to being a SAHM now!

Hope everyone is well, will catch up with you all later

Nic

Arielle - welcome and congratulations - 1st ICSI too! How great was having the scan done hey!

Lis - i'm with you on the clothes, there's no evening preparation anymore hey, it comes down to only knowing once your out of the shower each morning...good luck with maternity shopping given it's kinda on the cards.

Ltl Panda - hows the CPS in the wrist going?? Is there any relief for you or are you just having to try to not to use your wrist/hands (not that i think that is possible!)

Mako - 3hours of Sage tears must have been overwhelming, glad to still have you in here with a happy face so to speak

Well, i had my 24wk visit with the midwife this arvo, and my BP is back down again, so don't know if that's the weather/heat or what, but i'm not too worried. Though, then she listened to bubba's HB and it was quite irregular, moved from fast and "good" to slow and inconsistent. The midwife was great and we listened to it for about 2 mins (what a long time that is) and bubba was moving around and some slight kicks during that time, but the Midwife decided to speak with the dr about it - just incase. Anyway, he's requested a scan at 32 weeks, which i'm pretty sure is common anyway for us ivf bubba's (isn't it??). DH was there and really good, I'm trying not to become too worried - she's still moving around like she's performing on stage!

Anyway belly rubs to everyone, hope your well, particularly those of you tackling m/s, i hope it improves for you soon.

Hey Mako

Sorry to hear about the tough night with Sage...glad that you were able to catch some more sleep!

I think the first 4 weeks were the hardest for us and then things really began to settle down. The first night we got home from hospital, he cried for 6 hours. I got the best advice from the ABA helpline (at 12am!!!) which was to find a comfy armchair, put some blankets around me and hold Felix all night in order that he can get to sleep...it was fantastic!!! Not only did he fall asleep but I also got to experience his sleep cycle and get to know all the little sounds he makes at night.

You're right about Felix being a talker...he prefers to have a chat rather than feed at the moment...it's very cute!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well...

Jo...all the very best chickie!

Arieele...welcome!!!

Hi all,
    Super dooper busy ATM, but i wanted to say that i love when Monnie and Mako post. It makes this pregnancy seem more like the start of my journey to being a mum - rather than just all about being pg. I love your little stories and they make me realise all the time that I will be there soon too.
    Thanks guys

Thanks Lenny!

I'm never sure whether I should post here or not...but it's where I feel most at home!

Totally agree with you Lenny, I love it when Monnie and Mako keep us posted on the development of their little one.

Kimbe, I too am scheduled for a scan at 31 weeks, I think its common thing....well mine is due to the fact that I have a low lying placenta.

Poor Sage, and poor mum for having her sanity taken away.... hope you are feeling much better today Mako.

Lismith, the baby does go through growth spurts, I remember I was like that at the start, and than its just a constant change.... Its funny i still wear my usual pants, I just have to use an elastic band to hold them together.

Zap, I am glad you are feeling a lot better after the treatment.

Hello to everyone else, hope you girls are doing just fine.

wrists are still sore, just something I have to put up with.

talk soon.

Monnie Thanks for letting me know that the first 4 weeks were the most difficult for you too. Makes me realise that this is all "normal".
    We had a really bad night again last night. Poor little Sage was so out of sorts that we only manage an hour and a half sleep ALL night Needless to say my eyes are hanging out of my head. I know that he is just uncomfortable as we had to take him to the physio yesterday and he has both his little legs in plaster for a week as he has what is called Talipies which is caused by me not having enough amniotic fluid and thia has caused his feet to turn in as the muscles on the inside of his feet are very short and we need to stretch them out. We tried to do this with tape for the first 2 weeks and that didn't help so thats why we had to get plaster on them to help speed up the process.

Lenny thanks for letting me know that you like to hear how we are doing now that our bubs are here with us. Although I do hope that the lack of sleep isn't scaring anyone away lol. It really is worth all the little hiccups along the way.

Hope you are all doing really well.

Yeah - don't leave us Monnie and Mako!

Sorry I haven't been in for a while girls. This M/s is getting the better of me at the moment but it is all for a good result. At least I know that my bubs are doing well. They just keep saying hi to me neumerous times a day when I have to be sick lol.

Mako- I hope things settle down with Sage for you soon. Poor little guy having his legs in plaster. Hang in there.

Arielle - Welcome and congrats on your BFP.

Ltl Panda - Hope the wrist pain eases soon.

Hi Monnie. Glad to see you still popping in. Definately don't go anywhere.

Kimbe - Glad to hear that everything went well at your app. I am sure the scan is just a check up and all will be fine.

Zap - Glad to hear everything is fine and the M/s is back. I have booked in with my Ob for my first app and also booked in with the hospital. How about you?

Sorry to all the lovely ladies I have missed. Hi to you all and I hope you are all well.

Belly rubs girls

Ktgirl Sounds like the m/s is giving you a bit of a hard time sweet. It is a very reassuring sign that your little bubbas are doing great in there Just try to eat frequently as thats what I found helped. Take care

Jo Haven't seen you around for a little while. Maybe thats a good sign that your little princess has made an appearance. If not here are some more l.v's for you

Sage is doing a little better and we have figured out how to get some sleep I have put him into bed with us after his feed around 2am and he sleeps for a few hours in my arms.I always swore that he wouldn't be in our bed but I'll do whatever it takes while he has the plaster on. He is really uncomfortable as he still tries to pull his legs up and then he starts crying cause he can't do it.

We have an appointment with a lactation clinic tomorrow as I have a cracked nipple(ouch) and Sage will only attatch properly sometimes.This is a very common problem with premmie bubs.So I'm looking forward to getting that sorted out too.

Hi to you all. I will catch up on more personals later

Ohhh Mako, poor Sage, was not aware of the little problem he has...... I hope it will all be over soon....Its very interesting though as I have never heard of Talipies. Hope you can get some rest too.

Ktgirl, can totally sympathise with you, not the best feeling....I hate the fact that Its not just a morning thing, it just goes all day.

well I have a counselling session tonight for the donation of my embryos, yes another one, its taking a while as the clinic has never donated the embryos to a known couple while the donator is still pregnant....very frustrating stuff. The clinic had to do some research on the legislation and that is why it is taking so long, and in the end even though this is my DNA and DH, we seem to have no rights, as they are still going against my wishes…..will let you know how I went.

KTgirl...sorry to hear about the m/s...like Mako said, try and snack regularly...I certainly found it helped...but hope it resolves soon...your little ones must be growing beautifully!!!

Ltl panda...all the best with your appointment tonight.

Mako...yep...the first 4 weeks were certainly the most difficult. It really does get easier. Poor little Sage with his legs in plaster...that must be really tough. All the best with the lactation consultant...ouch...a cracked nipple! You poor thing! I'm sure all these little bumps in the road will resolve really quickly...

Good on you for figuring out a way to help Sage sleep more. I so work by the mantra "whatever works!". I swore that I would never use a dummy...that lasted 1 week! Felix is such a 'sucker' and the dummy is the best thing for him...

Marcellus...how you doing?

Lenny and Kimbe...how you doing?

Jo...all the very best...maybe "she's" arrived!!!

Zap, Arielle, Sazz...hope all is going well!

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone!

Monnie Good on you for using a dummy. I also have given Sage one aswell. He loves to suck his fingers so I said its much easier to get rid of a dummy later down the track as you can throw it away and you can't throw fingers or thumb away lol. Sage settles a little easier with a dummy too. I find it very useful when I'm changing his nappy as he's a little screamer. Hates being undressed, nappy off etc. I'm sure that'll change as he hits about the 2 year old stage as they love to be naked about then lol.

Ltl Panda All the best for your appointment tonight. Sure sounds like you've been through alot with the embryo donation. You think you are doing a generous deed and then the authorities make it very difficult. Anyway you and dh are doing a fantastic thing by donating to another needy couple. Well done.

I had better go as I have a dr appointment for Sage. He is looking quite jaundice again so I want to get him checked out. He also has a very tender spot on his groin from his plaster so I want that looked at aswell. This poor little boy is having a tough time atm. Lucky his mummy and daddy love giving him lots of cuddles and kisses.

Hi all,

Hmmm, so Jo's been quiet...I am anticipating a BA very very soon. Ohhh, cool!

Arielle - i knew you'd get here eventually - I hope you are cruising along nicely.

Mako - hope your little guy is OK. A bit tough on you - but i guess he won't remember anything.

Had my final exam yesterday. Ahhh, now i can try to get my life back in order - at least for a little while anyway. My BP has dropped a bit...but it's still OK for now.

I'll go and catch up on everyones posts now.

Just dropping in quickly, we had our u/s yesterday and all is good. We saw the heartbeat and DH is super stoked! He has had the hugest grin on his face and I'm sure it will still be there when he gets home tonight. He keeps calling me 'two heartbeats' lol.

We told DD too. She took about half an hour to come round to the idea, but is excited now and has been asking questions non stop.

Our FS is retiring, so he won't be our OB We are having another scan with him in 4 weeks time, which turns out to be his last day. He said he will let us decide which of the other 2 OB's we would like to see and he will write out the referral, but it will only be good for about 3 months, and then I'll have to get another one.

I still have to be on the pessaries and progynova and provera. He gave me enough to last me until our next appointment with him.

Hope you are all well, have to dash and get DD from school

Nic

Boy its hot out here in Melbourne.

well the counselling session went well, hopefully this will be the end of it and the embryos will be given to the lovely couple. Baby G is moving so much, it feels so strange in my belly, it looks Alien as its always moving around.

Yay last exam Lenny, that is great.

Mako, hope your little prince gets better, its not the best start for the little fella.

Monnie, well you look like you are doing pretty well, hope it stays that way, take care of yourself, are you healing ok?

Ltl Panda...yeah...I've healed pretty well. Thanks for asking! I ended up developing a 'keletoid' (not sure of spelling) scar...one of the raised, red ones...but I bought this special silicone healing strip and have been wearing it every day for nearly 3 months and it's worked wonderfully. It was expensive ($95) but worth every cent....called "cira care" (I think!)

So glad to hear your appointment went well...I didn't realise that you were thinking of donating your embryos...what a beautiful gesture.

Mako...hope Sage is okay. You have such a rough trot. Just think how resilient your little trooper is going to be!!! Felix got better with his nappy changes...initially HATED them...but now is pretty good...I think his personal challenge is to see how many times he can squirt me in a day!!!

Nic...wonderful news! So great! Sorry to hear about your FS retiring...we changed obs. at 33 weeks and I was amazed how quickly you can develop a good relationship with them...so hopefully you'll be fine!

Lenny...yay on the final exam!!! Well done!

Hey guys...I was thinking of speaking to the moderators and asking whether they could make a BALTTC section (baby after long term trying to conceive)...I don't know about you but I really treasure the online connections I have made with you guys and found that due to the LTTTC issues, really have alot in common...more so than my belly buddies group. It seems such a shame that after the baby, we can lose our connection unless we continue to post in PALTTC...and I don't want to hijack the thread with baby stuff...when the pregnancy stuff is so special and important.

What do you think? Would that be a thread that you would be interested in joining when baby arrives?

Let me know...if there's enough interest, I'll get in contact with the mods.

Cheers to all!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast