Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Nov 2007

Hi everyone

Ltl P - i'm pretty sure it's you after Sazz mate, get ready to start packing! Oh, and have a great baby shower, i'm sure it will be fun.

Sazz, very exciting now that your packed, the whole few clothes that still fit that is. It is closer and closer, less than 5 weeks gives me a nervous smile for you. Well done on the walking too, i'm a lazy shocker and avoid it like the plague despite all the advice, though, a nice evening stroll could be good not only for the health but also for DH and I to get out each evening and enjoy the quiet while we can.

FloJo - congrat's, and i know it doesn't really help the anxiety, but try to relax, send +'ive thoughts to your body and just know that if the time is right, then the emby will grow and multiply into a precious Christmas bundle for you!

Mako, Monnie and Dj - things just sound wonderful amongst the paed visits, wind (or lack there of) and baby laughter. What a wonderful Chrissy you will have with your little men and women! Have any of you been tempted to buy a little Santa/elves outfit for them for the day??? hehehe, they crack me up when i see them on the hangers in shops.

Lis - so happy for you hearing your bubba's HB. And i know what you mean, there's a bit of time that feels blank and questionable in the early pregnancy where you're just not convinced that things are happening. I think it was a great idea for you to book those first few appointments because it gives you something to focus on until the fluttering turns into real kicks that are almost surreal! Looking forward to hearing about the u/s and first real kick you feel!

All's still really well from this end, busy at work but counting down the days till school holidays start.

Hi girls, just dropping in for a quick hello. I have had the flu for a week and not being able to take anything is just torture! Luckily my DH has been on days off and went back to work today, so was able to cook dinner and do the dishes for me.

Ltl Panda, that's great news about being able to have a natural birth now

Nic

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls,

I hope you dont mind me pulling up a chair in here. After years of trying I am now 12 weeks & 4 days preggers.

A know a couple of people in here and am looking forward to getting to know all the other miracle mums on board.

I have had 3 ultrasounds with heartbeats (a miracle in itself), just came off progesterone pessaries and pregnyl needles twice a week. Hopefully nothing happens now Im relying on my own body. I take Cartia asprin every morning as I have a blood clotting disorder that stopped blood flowing to all my other angels in heaven. Pity they didnt find that out in the beginning.

I have had the most terrible metal taste in my mouth the whole time. I havent had morning sickness but that taste makes me queezy.

Im looking forward to Tuesday 11th's ultrasound, first antenatal visit to book me into hopsital and book me in for an amnio. Its been 2.5 weeks since my last ultrasound and Im a bit panicky. More panicky for the amnio.

Hope all is going well with you and look forward to the December thread.

Kind Regards,

Tracey Lee

Welcome Tracey Lee Wow at the twice daily pregnyl shots. I'm still on my pessaries and am looking forward to not having to do them anymore, but am a little apprehensive about when I do have to stop too.
    Hope all goes well with your u/s on Tuesday.

Nic

Welcome Traceylee, wishing you all the best.....and eek to you and Nic for having to continue with the drugs for so long.....

Nic, DH sounds like a darling for giving you a hand. It does make things a lot easier when there is good support from the partners.

hope everyone is well, and yay its friday.

Monnie - thanks for all your advice, the pharmacy where abouts is it because I am in Mandurah W.A?
    Felix rolled over what a clever little boy, that must have been so exciting!

Mako - so happy that Sage did well at his paed appoint, hope the Santa photo went well.

Nic - hope you are feeling heaps better now.

Traceylee & Flojo - Congratulations & welcome.

Sazz - glad you enjoyed your baby shower, they are quite cute aren't they.

Ltl Panda - good news for you now that you can have a natural birth.

So I just wanted to get on & say the last few days have been much better now that I have Jenna on infacol.
    I didn't want you guys thinking its all negative because aside from being tired & her wind problem everything else is wonderful & its an absolute joy being a mum.
    Every day truely is a blessing & yes I'm one of those crazy mum's who swears Jenna has smiled.
    Seriously I know it's probably just wind but on the odd occasion when I'm talking to her & she's listening she smiles!

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Jenna Marre is 4 weeks old today!

Welcome and congrats Traceylee. You sound very similar to me as far as the blood clotting disorder. I had to take Cardiprin for 32 weeks of my pregnancy and have to say all progressed well and now I have my little man safe with us.
    I want to wish you all the very best for the next 6 months or so

Jo I'm pleased Jenna has been a good girl for her mummy.Motherhood is fantastic even with the tough days that come along

We are going to a wedding tomorrow so I've been searching for something special for Sage to wear but EVERYTHINGis just way too big on him So he'll have to wear something from his cupboard. Dh wanted him to have a little collared shirt and some shorts so I went to pumpkin patch last night and bought the cutest outfit in th new born size and when I went to try it on him the shirt covers him from head to toe ant the shorts come up under his arm pits and over his feet lol. I guess he's got some growing to do Oh well I had`fun shopping anyway.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.Take care

Mako...it won't be long until Sage is fitting into everything TOO well!!! I'm sure he looks so cute in his little outfit. Yay for the Paed. appt! GO SAGE!!!

Jo...the pharmacy is the Padbury Pharmacy. It's their 'colic mixture'. It costs about $14 for a 100ml bottle and $23 for 200ml. After each feed, you give them 1ml...so it lasts for a while...I tried Felix off it the other day...not a good idea!!! I'm sure Jenna IS smiling, Jo!!! I think I saw Felix's first smile at around 10 days...just a little smirk but it was definitely there...and I don't believe it was wind!!! They say babies smile in the womb and that wouldn't be wind, I imagine!

Congratulations Traceylee!!!

Sorry to hear about the flu Nic

You're right Kimbe...it is so nice to have the help of Mum and Dad...especially in the early weeks...they helped me SO much!

To everyone else...hope all is going wonderfully!

Hello all,
    Congrats to Traceylee and FloJo (sorry I missed your first post). Welcome to the gang! Wishing you both a trouble free 9months!!!
    Sorry to hear about your flu Nic. It is horrible when you can only take a paracetamol but at least that is something I guess. Good on your DH for picking up the lose ends around home for a while.
    yay Monnie for litlle Felix rolling over - what a clever fellow. I bet he was pleased with himself too. hehe that is so cut to see when they are like that.
    Go Sage! Great news that he is on track for his development Mako. Pity about the clothes not fitting but I'm sure he will be gorgeous anyhow. No-one will be able to take their eyes off him.
    Jo, I am sure little Jenna is really smiling at you, dont let people tell you otherwise. Babies start to copy their parents expressions right from the start so I'm pretty sure she would have mastered that one by now with all the adoring looks you will have been giving her!
    Me: had a bit of a disturbing conversation yesterday with the woman in the toy shop. I went there with some friends whom we havent discussed the ivf with and luckily they were out of earshot at the time. This woman starts asking me all about how long we tried, if we did ivf, how many goes it took etc and just couldnt get the message in my short terse answers! I have been stewing on it ever since and am considering going in there tomorrow to say to "keep her mouth shut" (but in a bit nicer way than that). Someone has obviously been blabbing to her cause there is no way in the world I would have mentioned it to her in the past. I remember years ago her commenting that she thought we would have had kids by now and I just went "uh-huh" and didnt tell her anything but she must have probed a bit deeper withsomeone who did know. GRRR makes me so angry that people think that is something we would want all the gossips in the district knowing. Who else would she tell now? Should I say something to her?

OMG Sazz, I hear you on the gossips! This is my MIL, she has taken it upon herself to tell people that we were doing IVF and now has been telling people that we are pregnant. It has frustrated me beyond belief. I decided that if people come and ask me in the shops, that I'll just have to try to tell them that it's none of their business. Either that or just pretend that MIL is full of it if I'm asked.

Nic

DJ, glad to hear your princess is doing well and that you are doing just fine....its tough for all at the start but at the end of the day they are just a blessing and bring so much joy.

Poor little Sage, he will grow to be a strong boy/man but for now he is just a little small. I am sure he will get attention in anything he puts one Mako....

Monnie, how are you going hun, how is your little man going?

Had my baby shower yesterday, and boy did we get spoiled….got some lovely things, and as I have yet not bought anything for the baby so far other than furniture, it all comes in very handy and useful.
    Baby’s moves are so strong now that it actually is causing a little discomfort….I think I have a mini Hercules in there.

Hi everyone.
    Back from holiday last week, but straight back into the thick of things with work so just a quick note from me. Will have to go back and catch up with all the posts - such a trial when you miss a couple of weeks!

Congratulations to our new arrivals FloJo and Traceylee!

Hope everyone is doing well

Hi girls,
    Welcome back Marcellus, hope you had a good holiday!!! It is tricky when youve had a few weeks off of BB. Things always seem to happen then. lol.
    Glad you enjoyed your shower ltlpanda! I know what you mean about the movements. Sometimes my bub presses on a nerve that sends a sharp pain down to my doodah!!! It usually only happens at home luckily cause it makes me squirmy!!! Funny things ole bodies arent they?

Thanks Sazz
    Was nice, but tiring. Did a bit of ticky-touring around the south (Christchurch, Dunedin, Catlins, Invercargill) and got a few days to ourselves, but otherwise was running around catching up with members of DH's extended family that he hadn't seen in years... They're all very nice, but it was a bit much at times. Of course they're all sweet and say things like 'don't overtire yourself' 'if you need to rest...', but anyway.

Jelly already spends a fair bit of time punching/kicking my 'sensitive' bits. And sticking his feet up in my ribs. lovely. I know i'm not even 26 weeks yet and it's bound to get worse, but some times I really feel over this.. i'm a huge hippo with a wilful, sometimes painful, being inside me apparently trying to bust out. I'm trying to negotiate an early release - 37 weeks will be quite long enough i think.

Yay on the baby shower Ltl Panda. Glad you got lots of nice stuff.

Awww, Sage is so cute and little. Too bad the outfit didn't fit. Those clothes are so small it's hard to believe your baby is even smaller! I'm sure it won't be long before he's grown out of them though.

Traceylee - congrats on getting off the shots etc, what a pain! I'm on aspirin too...when i remember to take it.

Hope you're feeling better now Nic

Keep the great news coming on your little ones Monnie, Mako and Jo!

Hope all the rest of you are doing well.

Ltl Panda - glad you enjoyed the baby shower, I was the same with Jenna with the strong kicks & now that she's out boy is she strong.

Marcellus - hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Sazz - not sure what to say about the gossips but if you can & I no it's hard, try not to let them get to you & just feel wonderful that you are pg & to hell with everyone else.

Monnie - sorry to bother you again but the pharmacy in padbury what exactely is it called because I don't have a perth phone book so I will have to ring to try & find number.
    You don't have the number do you?
    Jenna has suffered all day with wind & I can't stand seeing her in that pain so I am going to see if I can get some of that stuff, she's been off her bb a little & is so tired but can't sleep because she's in pain, it just makes me want to cry.
    Thanks in advance.

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34

Jo...the number is 9401-7101. It's called "the colic mixture". Hope it helps...it's certainly helped us...

Marcellus...welcome home! 26 weeks already...wow...time really does fly!

Ltl Panda...your baby shower sounds fantastic! Congratulations on all the great pressies!

Felix is doing great...but currently crying...must run!
    Hi to all...Sazz, Nic, Traceylee, Kimbe, Lenny...and anyone I've missed.

Oh Poor little Jenna. Jo I'm sending you and Jenna a each cause it sounds like you need one It sure is hard when our little ones are in pain and I do feel for you both. Hope the colic mixture helps you both out and that you can get some sleep.
    I have to say that Jenna looks absolutely gorgeous in that little pic btw.

Lttl Panda It sounds like you had a great time at your baby shower. It sounds like you were given some lovely gifts too.

Sazz GRRR at the gossips hun. I wonder why some people just can't seem to keep their mouths shut. I would have been so mad too if that was me.

Marcellus It sounds like you had a lovely time in NZ. I know it can be hard sometimes but please try and enjoy those little(or should I say big) kicks. They really are priceless

Traceylee How are you going hun? Hope everything is ok with you and that precious little bub of yours.

Hi to Nic, Ktgirl,Monnie, Lenny,Lismith and anyone I've missed. I will try to catch up with you all soon.

Sage had his photo taken with Santa yesterday. He was such a good little boy(he slept through the whole thing lol) and Santa didn't want to give him back lol. We had to line up for over an hour but it was well and truly worth it.
    Dh is going to help me put his pic on here very soon so you all can see him.

Welcome home Marcellous, glad to hear the holiday was lovely...sorry to hear about the "big kicker", i get what you mean though, there's some branxton hicks contractions i'm getting and they really hurt, i am practicing some breathing to try and relieve them, but i'd love to just have bubba out in my arms some days!

Ltl Panda - the baby shower sounds like it was very good - how amazing are you to resist purchasing so far, you and DH are very strong! I don't think there's anything people could give us at a baby shower that we haven't already got we've been so obsessive.

Sazz - nothing worse than small town gossips who have nothing better in their lives but other peoples business. It sounds like you handled it very well.

Traceylee - HB is a wonderful sound, the feeling each time you hear it just doesn't go away so look forward to many more opportunities. And yep, i think it's part of the sonographers job description 'the ability to manage crying prospective parents who are just so elated with their little person on screen!!' Congrat's.

As for me - had my 28wk visit yesterday and am now booked to see the midwife at fortnightly intervals which used to be for 'those women who are REALLY pregnant and due REALLY soon - guess i'm now one of them! ( I know Sazz and Ltl P, not as REALLY soon as you both are). Had the GD test yesterday too and all must have been good as they haven't rang me with any concerns...phew. She also began talking birthplans and labour support yesterday (earlier than i expected) but it made things seem even closer again and it was nice as we've elected not to do the antenatal classes. am still feeling good, bubba belly is growing though it's not huge fortunately - still fitting some clothes.

Hope alls good with everyone else...take care.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast