Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Nov 2007

Ooo, bit of a fright ltl panda! glad everything checked out ok at the hospital. Stinging like that sounds like UTI. dammit.

wow, Sage is soooo tiny.

Hope Jenna is enjoying all that booby attention Jo . Hope the visitor traffic slows down so you can get some rest

Hooray on finishing work soon Sazz. My work seems to stretch out like eternity before me... sigh. at least having a holiday from tomorrow - off to NZ. yay, no work for me for two whole weeks.

off to docs for checkup soon - take care everyone

Hi all

Well after DD being born and Natural in 1994, Then 1 ectopic pg, DS being born (IVF), another ectopic pg Im proud to anouce im abit over 5 weeks pg by IVF. Im scared and excited at the same time as we want this so much.

I want to wish you all the best and hope we have lots of healthy pg and babies.

**waves** to Nic. How you doing hun

Yayyyyy Missy, Welcome to the thread. Congrats to you and your family... hope you have a smooth pg.
    Sazz

Hi Sazz thanks so much hun

Wow you dont have long to go. Good luck to you

Hey Missy glad to see you made it over. I went to PM you the thread the other day and my net disconnected!

Big hello to everyone, hope you are all well. We went away overnight on Thursday and got home late last night. I have been having some very light, brownish spotting, but haven't called our FS. It seems to have stopped thankgod!

Only 2 and a bit weeks till our next u/s!

Nic

Hi Nic and welcome back from you stay away. Hope you had a great time. Awwwww you poor thing about the bleeding. I know how scared you must have been. Im sure all will be fine and yay that its stopped. Wooohoo not long for you u/s good luck
    My u/s is on monday and I cant wait. Ive had abit of pain in my right side so praying all will be ok.

Hi Missy, ohh my God, I am so happy you have joined us, I wish you all the best hun, I really do.......take care.

Well I hope the rest of the gang is doing well, and that you are having a good weekend....DH and I have been busy preparing for Baby G, seems like everything is focussed on this little being.....very exciting.
    We actually painted the ceiling as the sky, DH did all the clouds, it was good that he got involved.
    Well that is about it for me ladies, talk on Monday.

Hi all, well I'm finding it really hard to get 10min to come on & make sure that everyone is doing ok but I guess once the visitors stop coming I will get some more time.

Mako - glad to hear that Sage has his plaster off now the poor little guy, hope he is sleeping better now.

Missy - welcome & congratulations on your pg.

Monnie - hope all is well with you & Felix.

Well as for me still adjusting to motherhood, am totally loving it except for the sleepless nights of course.
    Note to self, try to sleep during the day when bub is asleep!!!
    It's amazing how cranky you are when you get woken up to feed bub & then in the morning you just have this overwhelming love for your bub, it's like the night didn't even exist.
    Still feeling quite sore down there but other than that all going well atm.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Jenna Maree born 2 weeks early!

Hi Jo its so true what you say about the sleepless nights and then the love you feel in the morning

I also have to start sleeping during the day but I find that almost impossible to do as I seem to have so much else to do like the washing and housework etc. I don't know how I'm going to cope when I go back to work

Hi to everyone.Hope you are doing great

Hi ladies and thanks so much for the welcome.

Well had my u/s today and im 5 weeks 6 days. Could see the sack but not the heartbeat. Doc said it was to early. Im going back on the 6th for another one. A little worried but doing ok.

Hi Missy, yes I think its early, I had mine at 7 weeks, I though it was procedure to wait until 7 weeks, maybe they were just checking to make sure that it had implanted in the right spot. Good luck with the next one…..

Mako and Jo, sleepless nights, sound great....I hope you can find the time to catch up on sleep during the day. Looking forward to finally having the baby in my arms, so cannot wait….
    also glad that your little babies are doing well.

Well not much for me, just looking forward to my baby shower, holiday, Christmas, New Year, my sister giving birth and me finally holding my baby….

Mako & Monnie - I need help, just when I thought Jenna & I were doing really well we've had a little meltdown the last 3 days.
    Around 6.00 till 11.00 at night bubs is really grizzly & wont go to sleep for 4-5 hours.
    She has been feed, changed & will sometimes fall asleep in arms but when I put her down she completely wakes up & sometimes wont even settle in my arms.
    Have you guys experienced this? she will also want 2 hourly feeds at this time which as you know is so demanding & you wouldn't mind if it meant she would sleep for awhile.
    I just don't know how she can manage to stay awake for that long!

I know I have to change my ticker but I can't remember how to do it! (baby brain)

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Jenna Maree born 2 weeks early 9/11/07

Hey Jo, my mum use to put us in a bassinette and put us in bed with her and dad. The bassinette will protect the baby from either of you rolling on to the little one, maybe just your presence close by would assist, even if you have your hand on her belly…….hope things settle down hun.

Hey Jo

Sorry to hear that things are a bit tough with little Jenna...I think one of the hardest things with babies is that things are always changing...just when you think you've got it sorted...they change!

Babies do have one long awake period in the day...and it looks like Jenna may have chosen her wake period to be 6pm-11pm...during Felix's long awake period, I do some cluster feeding...giving feeds about 1.5 hours apart...so between 5 and 9pm he has up to 3 feeds...this seems to help a bit...

I've heard about using a wheat pack in the bassinette, just to warm it up so when you put Jenna down she still feels the warmth.

Also...have you got the bassinette on an angle...just put a folded towel or blanket under the mattress end where her head will lie...sometimes that helps...

Maybe also try a bath, just to settle her down a little...

How is she sleeping during the day? One thing I found helped when Felix was Jenna's age was to be pretty routine with making sure that between waking for a feed and going back to sleep again, there wasn't more than 1-1.5 hours awake time. That way, he got to sleep before getting too over tired. The child health nurse told me that he was quite an alert little thing and that I needed to make sure he wasn't getting over stimulated...that seemed to help.

Wishing you all the very best...just know that IT WILL GET BETTER!!!

Hang in there chickie!

Hi Jo

Sage is also unsettled at this time of day. It has only just started the last couple of days and I put it down to the fact that we went to my brothers house on Friday night and came home Saturday. The WHOLE time we were there someone was nursing Sage and as soon as we came home and put him in his rocker he would scream even if he was asleep grrrr.

I have also noticed that he is having trouble getting all his wind up and has been waking with pains in his tummy. So needless to say we are burping him constantly. Sage also had a growth spurt towards the end of last week and he was feeding 2 hourly.

All I can suggest is that you and your dh take it in turns as to who settles Jenna and I can't remember if you are breastfeeding or not but if you are maybe you could express into a bottle and dh could feed her occassionally. I do this too and I find it gives me a little break

Hope this helps a little for you Jo. Feel free to PM me anytime if you want some help

I can't believe Sage is 5 weeks old today. He's growing so fast. I had him weighed this morning and he's now 3.03kgs. Not sure what that is in pounds and ounces. I'm going to look to see if I can find a site that converts weights now so I know what I'm talking about.

Hi to you all. Hope you are all doing well.

Ktgirl How are you and itchy and scratchy doing? Haven't seen you around for a little while.

Hi girls...Missy welcome and congrat's, what an early us you had, just wait till the 7 weeks, you'll see/hear HB and feel so much better.

Mako, Monnie, DJ, am loving hearing your ideas and practices with your little bubba's hopefully i remember them all when our little one comes along.

Ltl P, after hearing of your work in your nursery, we began ours over the weekend. Fortunately, Dh & i don't have much artistic talent so painting anything, let alone clouds, wasn't on the agenda, though just putting the crib and change table together, playing with the manchester and putting up the first few wall hangings was great fun. I fell like we're now definately on our way (early, but started). I walk past the room now and look in and no matter what, it makes me smile.

Dh and I also had a Santa photo on the weekend! Thought it would be fun, Dh wasn't too happy waiting on line (slightly embarrassed) but we've ended up with a great 1st X'mas baby photo, even if baby is hidden by my belly lol.

Hope everyone else is going ok, it's getting a little quiet for some and I hope that's just cause you're all bogged down with work and family committments.

Hi people,
    I am loving hearing all the little tips too. It fits in nicely with what I have been reading about cluster feeding before night sleep so hopefully I can put it into practice if requred (that's if my brain retains that info for that long lol)
    Had an eventful last couple of days here.
    Yesterday had to go to Adelaide for DH to have 6 moles removed at the dermatologist/plastic surgeon (one on his lip!) and we had planned to go early in the day to avoid the heat and maybe go to the shops but we had a very late night the night before due to me.... I had my last day at work and came home quite tired although I had taken it pretty easy. By tea time I felt terrible with back ache and pain in my lower abdo. I havent had any ligament pain before so didnt know if that was the reason or not. On top of that I had had diahorea for 1 1/2days too and was having some cramping. By 9pm I rang the midwife at the hospital as I wondered if I was in prelabour already. We went in to be checked but because of various things including the dr having to induce someone and do an emergency ceaser, we didnt get to see him till 1am! By that time I had pretty much figured it all out and what he had to say confirmed it was just a combination of fatigue (back pain) ligaments responding to relaxin hormone and cramping due to funny tummy. Whew!! Thank goodness for that as I would have had to go to adelaide if I went into labour before 36 weeks. In the end, no problem just a bit tired the next day!

Kimbe, great stuff on getting the nursery started, yes it doe give you that feeling that a little someone is on their way pretty soon. I too cannot walk past the room and stop to have a good glance at it.

Jo hope all is well, Monnie and Mako, thanks for sharing your experiences….

Well on the radio today, an add for Mangoes, it stated that Mangoes have 3 times more the vitamin A than the recommended daily intake….. It was like a punch in the gut, because as far as I was aware, during pregnancy it shouldn’t be too high…So I did some research and it states that high doses of Vitamin A are dangerous in the first trimester as it can cause deformities or miscarriages, and that staying under 10,000IU should be fine. Mangoes have 1235IU.
    Does anyone have any info on Vitamin A, or what are your thoughts on this… DH is pretty upset and so am i.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast