Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - November '05 #2

And before I forget.....they are both head down.........already!

Welcome Trish, darling ... rotsa ruck!

Sush - love those names ... very nice. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Jo - you're a cack. I love your exchanges with difficult hospital staff ... they're always good value. I'll bet I can guess which hospital it was too (but I won't say for fear of libel). I hope for your sake though that you were only joking about the delivery in the back of the ambulance!

Sigh ... gotta go to work. Stuff this! Only three more months then I'm on mat leave!

Hope you all have a good day and I'll catch up with you later.

Love,

Mel

Morning Girls,

Cannot sleep - tossing and turning, so I thought I would pop onto BB so that hubby can sleep just a little longer....

Kept getting cramps in my legs overnight - been getting them on and off for a while, but last few nights almost everynight.... ouch!!

Not much to report otherwise. Munchy is kicking away - its like Hello Mum first thing in the morning - I love it!! LOL!!

Sal - I have just read your story - got me teary too. Thank you so much for writing it! I remember that day when you posted your BFP. Even on the internet you sounded in shock, but it was the best news ever!! I am just ever so glad (as I am for everyone here) that you got there in the end - and on your own too, clever chook!

Jo - LOL at delivering at the back of an ambulance. Not sure that is a good idea with two little ones, LOL!! Were you planning to go to term, or is there a plan to deliver you on a schedule early ? Clever babies for being head down already!

Mel - don't work too hard!! It gets a bit that way - counting down till mat leave!! Its kind of nice to have something to look forward to!! A holiday and a Baby!!!

Sush - love the names you have chosen!! See you are allowed to tell us, seeing you don't know what you are having. That way you too have a little surprise for all of us (well and your family too!!). Sal and I know we are having little men, so, the name is our little surprise.... So, yep, we'll upgrade from Munchy/Squidgy/Squirty as I call mine soon..... and then we can go on Sal Watch!!

Trish - love the joke!! I can imagine that it could be a true story too - one of those things you would blurt out before your realised what you said!! Don't worry, we all stressed out at the beginning, and I am sad to say, that stressing out does not go away, it gets a little less the further along you get, but the worry is always there. I don't think if will go away until we are all holding our babies, and well, then we'll find something else to worry about, LOL!! We had our first official U/S at 7w also - this was the, wait for the lovely IVF/medical term for it, 'viability' ultrasound - to confirm that the baby has a heartbeat and in a lot of your cases to see if there is one or two cooking!! I actually ended up having one just after 6 weeks because I had quite a lot of pain in my left side, and was worried about an ectopic..... it was just the corpus luteal cyst being painful, and baby was just fine. We could see the 'heartbeat' but it was a little too small to register on the machine... but at 7w no such probs!! Not long to go till yours!

Shell - sorry to keep you on the edge of your seats!! Won't be long now. Max 10 sleeps!! It is funny, my DH and I are not anxious or worried or impatient at all about when he's coming.... All of our family keep asking why, aren't we sick of it yet, don't we want him already, should we not be getting induced now...etc., but funnily enough, we are quite fine with whenever he wants to come. Maybe having a definite date when they will induce is making us calm, but I think we were that way even before they set a date. Don't know, I guess we have both just loved my fat belly, so after all this time, a few more days don't matter, as long as Munchy is safe and kicking away....

Babydreams - thank you for the labour vibes - bellyrubs back to you!!! Is Itty Bitty your 'official' name for bubs - how cute!!!!

TamB - looooong time no hear matey!! Thanks for being so excited for us - not long now!! I hope your little ones are behaving!! How are you feeling!!

Tiff - hope all is well! Let us know if you can! And YAY only ?33 days till your babies make their appearance!! Now THAT IS exciting!! That will be the first set of twins of many!! Cannot wait to hear all about it. I think all you girls with twins are so brave!!

Well, I am going to go and make a cuppa - have prattled on for ages, sorry girls - and catch up on you all later. Hope you have a lovely morning!!

Take care, and bellyrubs to all!

Ok so much to catch up on - I have been lurking but just too knackered to post.

I am so stoked to see you in here Trish and we all understand your anxiety so take care.

Lurvely names Sush and great to hear bubby is a good size. We were the same measuring 22 weeks at 19 weeks, my DH is 6'2" and I'm 5'8" so figured we're probably not going to have a littlely - there was some press here in NZ a few weeks ago about how IVF babies are generally taller than average too, something to do with the growth hormones in the culture they use during fertilisation or something like that?? Anyone else heard that?

Gab - Still in one piece! So exciting!!

Sal - Think I might still give the hypnobirthing a go, I haven't ordered the CD's yet. I did order the Pink Kit, not sure if anyone's heard of it but it is very helpful too. Talks alot about mapping your pelvis and how different positions help different people so I'm going to give that a go as well.

Jo, Tiff, Shell, Mel, Shazz, TamB - take care all of you am thinking of you.

xx

Sal Guest

Just 32 days before Ivy and Noah make their appearance

Gab, good to hear that you and DH are not stressing about when bubs is going to show. I wish I could say that I'll be the same when my time approaches! You know, after Gab Watch is over even though by calendar I'm next up, it will be Tiff and Tam Watch! So my bub is sixth in line!!

Thanks for reading my TTC story, like all long-termers, success stories are always amazing. I read Sush's in the other thread and it was a long battle - but we always knew you were tenacious and strong, Sush O

Jo, YAY on your clever bubs both being head down. Hehe I enjoy hearing about your run ins with hospital/clinic staff...so you haven't had a hospital appt yet?

Amy, I haven't heard about the Pink Kit thing, sounds good though. I must admit the most important thing I have learned at antenatal classes is how lying on your back, in the 'standard' position so as to make it easier for OBs, leaves you with the narrowest space for bub to come through. I'm determined to be one of those women who give birth leaning over the side of the bed, or standing up LOL. Anyhow at my hosp unless you're a private patient or have a complication you don't necessarily even see an OBs throughout the birth.

Tiff, how are you doing today? When is 'infusion' day?

Trish, has it sunk in yet? Are you thinking you might have twins in there, what with such a big beta number so early?

Tam, how did your scan go yesterday?

Oooh, brain overload, that's all I can remember to post about!

Oh, have to say that I am absolutely loving being able to feel bub's little legs poking out my side, I just have to put my hand and feel, and then smile like an idiot (I'm at home, so probably is not noticed!). I am already so in love with this baby, I just can't wait to meet him.

Hi Girls

It is nice to see our group growing!!!

Well I had another u/s yesterday. Rylee's HB was 125 b/p and she weighed 3p8oz. Declan's HB was 150 b/p and he weighs 3p5oz. They are both spot on for their dates and both still head down, so still travelling well for a vaginal delivery

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Oooooh so many exciting posts in here! I love this place when it's busy!

Tam and Jo yay on bubs facing down! Jo, you cracked me up with the whole hospital thing. I only picked up my admission papers yesterday and my Dr's receptionist was horrified that I'd waited so long! Bloody hospital, they want you to book in before you get that BFP even!

Sal, thanks for reading my story. It was about 4 times longer than that, and I took to some heavy editting! Lol! I sure as hell didn't feel strong or tenacious at the time, and can't imagine how I got through it all sane (or am I?....)

32 days until Tiff's beauties arrive, and 9 sleeps or less until Munchy arrives!

But today's my last day of work (2 weeks annual leave! Yay!) and I just have this feeling that I'm going to miss all the excitement while I'm down holidaying in Busselton!

Mel, I'm with you! Counting down the days until my maternity leave, at this stage, 3 months once I get back from hols. Paradoxically, I want this pg to last as long as possible but for my maternity leave to roll around quickly. Very torn about it all!

And thanks girls for the comments about the names. Gab is right, it will be a surprise at the end, anyway.

Last but not least, my obgyn has, as of yesterday, put me on a diabetic diet. Even though my GD test isn't until my 29th week, and it's very possible I don't have GD, he wants to try to control the little'un's rate of growth. At 5ft 4 inches, he thinks if the bub keeps growing at this rate, a vaginal delivery may become difficult for a short-ar*ed chick like me. I want to be as tall as you, Amy! Or Gab! Or anything over 5ft 4inches!

And what's worse is now DH has transformed into the sugar nazi!

love
    sushee

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sal - good on you stand your ground a friend of mine had her 2nd baby in May and she stood up to deliver -she described it like a squat - sounded like the hakka LOL to deliver. Her midwives were not that impressed with the mess (TMI) they had to clean up off floor - and she did it with no pain relief whatsoever. She didn't care - then she got transferred to private hospital across the road (that wasn't allowed to do deliveries) into lap of luxury and laid on her back for a few days to recover.

Sushee - they are beautiful names for your bub ... keep it a surprise
    Pity about diet but it will help you in the end.

Tiff is in hospital but will be out for w/end leave.

Gabby - enjoy this special time Munchy will be here in 10 sleeps at most.It is so exciting

Tam - that is exciting that they let you have a VD - ? only if bubs heads stay down ?
    Declan & Rylee are very good sizes. I love their names.

Sal ~ on being up right to deliver i am all for it i was standing up on the bed learning over a leaning bar to deliver my first baby i felt so in control with my 2nd i was bed ridden flat on my back it sucked and i hated every minute of it i must addmit that labour only lasted 1 hour 26 mins but it felt like a up hill battle so to speak i like the idea of a bit of help from gravity

hi to everyone else and have a great weekend we are having a garage sale tomorrow so i hope it doesn't rain 8-[ till sunday at least

Hi girls

Even though I am not yet pregnant, but have been on the TTC rollercoaster for nearly 2 years with 1 unsuccesful IVF cycle.. i just like popping in and reminding myself that yes it does sometimes take a long time, but it does and will happen.. you guys are an inspiration... thanks and best wishes for healthy and happy babies....

love and hugs

leis xx

tiggy Guest

Hi girls!

I'm home for the weekend after having an iron infusion but have to go back on Monday and I am there to stay. It's the girls' ballet concert and I couldn't miss that. I've missed you all heaps and couldn't wait to see if Munchy had arrived or if we had any new known flavours.

TRISH!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! So good to see you in here, you SO deserve this.

Tam, Jo, glad to hear that both your twinnies are head down and you are humming along for vaginal birth. Jo, sorry to hear about those vicious pains, they can be very scary, can't they?

Sal, The doctor has brought the birthday of Ivy and Noah forward to the 23rd of December (YAY) so 28 days to go now. Glad to hear that all is going well with you. Has the placenta moved up?

Sushee, Yay for a fantastic scan and LOVE the names that you have chosen for your little one.

Amy, How are you going?

Shell, hope your little girl is kicking up a storm now.

Gabby, Stop cleaning and talk yourself into having Munchy! If you let yourself be ready, Munchy might get the message... STOP CLEANING!!!! or if you have to at least come to my house and clean!!

My dear Shazz, how are you? Did you know I now have two handcuffs (I mean hospital admission straps) to go with my out fit. I even get to wear them to the ballet concert.

Mel, thinking of you too hun. How is your beautiful William going?
    My dad had his PET scan yesterday and is now going ahead with the liver op next Tuesday. His left side has started to regenerate so that is a good sign. He is still pretty flat but there is a glimmer of hope now.

Well, I think that is it from me, having internet set up probs at moment so I am not online yet in the hospital but Dave is madly working on it!!!
    So I might be a bit quiet ovewr the next week or so while we get things worked out... niggled on and off all day yesterday, was quite sick with the iron infusion and the NICU was put on alert but everything settled and I had a quiet day today. Will check in frequently over the weekend so that I can get my BB fix!

Morning Girls!!

Tiff - so good to hear from you. I am so glad all is well, but bummer for being so sick from the iron infusion - it is so good for you, but not a pleasant thing to have..... Yay for being able to make the girls concert, just remember to take it really easy, and let everyone look after you - harder done than said, I know!! Oh, and I just cannot STOP cleaning..... Having problems..... I hope your dad's op goes well - what bit of the liver is he having out, and who is doing it (professional curiosity, sorry..)

NZGirl - yep still in one piece - my cervix is winging with some funny stabbing pains, so hopefully that is a sign that things are softening up, but otherwise all is well. Hope all is well with you. Oh, and I have not heard anything about IVF babies being bigger - maybe it is just to do with natural selection - you know they pick the best growing and the best looking embies, so maybe it is just that those embies are destined to be big and strong, rather than anything to do with the growth media.... ??

Sal - good point about all our twins being born before your little man - kind of forgot about that, dah... But, we'll still watch you anyway, because theoretically, it could happen anytime!!! Glad to hear you are loving this time and having Blobby kick - I know I love feeling Munchy's little feet, heels, kness etc..... I get amazed that I can feel all these things, when I know what it looked like when they put it in all those months ago. It truly is a miracle!!

TamB - yay on your babies being head down, good size and great HB!! Sounds as though you are having a textbook twin pg!! Well done. I truly hope it works out just as you want!

Sush - Yay on being on annual leave!! I hope you have a fantastic holiday!! Make sure you rest though!! And get spoiled!! And have your feet rubbed!! And, and .. and...... we'll miss you!

Trish - how are you going?? Has it sunk in yet??

Big hello to everyone I have not posted personals for, hope you are all well and having a nice weekend! Belly rubs!!

Not much to report otherwise. Have a little bit of cervical pain, kind of like stabbing knife in there, but it comes and goes, depending on how much Munchy is wiggling! I guess he is 'knocking on the door'!! No contractions though, and only the odd BH. Munchy is moving the usual amount, so all seems well!

Take care and have a good saturday!!

Speak soon,

Tiff ~ hey there how goes those stripey pJ's glad you could make it out for the girls concert, bummer about having to go back but ..... 28 days OMG that will fly ( i promise ) soon as you have internet in hospital we will chat up a storm each and everyday if you want can't have you sitting staring at the walls , Now you take it easy over the weekend i hope there is some pampering for mummy included in your get out of jail free card ( if only for 2 days) talk to you tomorrow

Gab ~ :contract: :bellyrub: :smt041 not long now thinking of you

Huge big hi :smt039 to all you other special mummy's to be

me i am completely knackered we had a garage sale today went well but getting up at 5 am is not good for the soul :sleeping: so i'm off for a nanna nap now so take care and have a great weekend

Hi Girls,

Tiff, that's great news about your Dad and I hope things keep on the up and up for him. Good to have you back with us for a wee while too ... not long to go now! Hope the girls' concert went well.

Shazz - No wonder you're tired with a 5am start for a garage sale. They would be exhausting at the best of times I imagine. Hope you managed to make a nice little profit to make it all worthwhile.

Gab - Sounds like things are moving along apace for you now. Judging by that cleaning spree, Munchy can't be far away now!

Leis - Thanks for your kind wishes and I hope you can soon join us here. May the new year bring you some much deserved good luck. In the meantime, enjoy your break and catch some of those beautiful rays (and waves).

Tam - I just realised my new nephew and one of your little ones have the same name (just spelled differently and different sexes but you know what I mean). Glad to hear you are still going well.

Sushee - hope you are enjoying that well deserved break down in Busselton. I love this time of year ... warm weather, lots of fragrant stone fruit and the feeling that Christmas isn't too far away.

Amy - hope you are well pet and that your little one is doing well.

You too Shell!!

Trish - once again, so glad to have you aboard the SS Up Duff. I am hoping that beautiful Bee will soon be joining us too.

Well lovelies, today is the day that El Christmas Tree-Oh goes up. Went to KMart yesterday to pick it up (it's been on layby for a few weeks now). DH insisted on buying a huge string of LED Christmas lights. I thought it looked like too many but he wouldn't be swayed. When he got them home, they trailed the entire length of the corridor twice, looped around the futon and the dining table and at least 15 of them didn't work so we're taking them back. Bloody Mirabella.

It's nice bringing out the ornaments every year. Each ornament tells a story pretty much but we have some little filler ones as well. I'm not sure how the tradition started but I began collecting them around the time we got married. Next year I'll be able to have one of those special Hallmark "Baby's First Christmas" ones that I've been lusting after all these years. Last year they had one called "Sweet William" and I almost bought it but I stopped myself because I didn't want to jinx anything. Now I wish I had bought it!

Hope you all have a good weekend and are doing well.

Love,

Mel

Sal Guest

Just 26 days before Ivy and Noah make their appearance

Ooh Tiff, that is not long now! Hope you are feeling much better after the infusion, and good for you to get a weekend pass out. Hope your dad is doing better now.

Gab, that cleaning obsession surely means that things are underway in your body right now! I'm getting a vibe that right now you are getting the first contractions, so will be logging on a lot more frequently to see how things are going.

Mel, Sush, Amy, Jo, Tam, Shazz, Trish, Shell hope all your weekends are being enjoyed fully. My mum bought bubby a chest of drawers (we didn't want a pram or anything like that) so I will be able to wash all my baby gear and nappies and pack them in it... plus I am going to bite the bullet and make a list of all the essentials that I'll need eg muslin wraps, sun hat etc and buy them during the week, so that I am officially 'ready' for bub. *gulp* is all starting to feel so real! Mum advised that I should do this before I get too huge and uncomfortable, so I'm going with that sage advice.

Morning Girls!!

How are we this lovely, rainy (in Sydney) Sunday??

We lost the rugby again.....

All is well at this end, nothing to report though.... feeling a little restless, so will post a little more later!

Just thought I would check in for those on Gab Watch, LOL!!

HMMM Gab i'm sending you a truck load of gentle labour Vibes

Hey Sal ~throughly enjoying my weekend thanks it feels so good not having to get up and go to work every weekend

Ooh Gab restless is good, that's how I felt before I went into labour! And it's pouring here ATM too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast