Good morning all

just popping in for a quick Gabby watch update hope all is well

catch up will you all a little later

Morning everyone.

Gab how is it all going????

Sal Guest

Just 25 days before Ivy and Noah make their appearance

Another week of Gab Watch begins...

Tiff, you out of hosp yet? Feeling any better after the iron transfusion?

Hi Tam, how are you and the twins going?

Well I didn't sleep last night - we had a huge storm, lost electricity for 8 hours, so was lying in bed feeling overly warm (no fan on!). Feel buggered today. Don't know how you working preggies manage it, it's been hard enough just being a student, and now being a lady of leisure I am still exhausted (phew, after this post I might go have a lie down!).

After the storm yesterday, it is a beautiful blue-sky day here in Sunny Ballina, really nice (sorry to rub it in to people who have a miserable day!).

Sal the twins are going fine, thanks. I on the other hand are now starting to struggle. Still healthy etc, however, the back and hips are starting to feel the pressure. It is getting really hard to sleep, but alas, I swore I would not complain, so all in all, as Gab mentioned, I really am having a text book pg.

Hello you Gorgeous Ladies - Lovely to see so much talking going on. Not much to report from me, had to work on Saturday so had elephant sized feet by the end of the day - quite freaky really! Our receptionist is on annual leave at the moment so I'll be doing quite a few hours on the front desk over the next week and a half which I'm not looking forward to but hey I no complain.

No post from Gab today???? I agree that restless sounds promising!!

Glad to hear you sounding well Tiff you are a strong strong lady.

I am going to try to put up some belly shots now so stand by for that!! Have done a bit on the nursery too, I find myself wandering in there all the time to just stand and stare at everything - haha what a **** I am! I love it though, was trying to work out which outfit to put him in first yesterday...I mean honestly do you think he'll really care? Or I will by then for that matter??!! Think I'm going slightly mad.

Take care everyone.

XX

Trish, wow that would be funny saying that in the ultrasound. I said something stupid in my morph scan, we said b4 it even started that we reaaaallly want to know the gender. Then when the lady said she was bout to look, she froze a pickie & wrote 'sacrum' & i said oh so it's a boy then. Whoops & made DH promise not to tell anyone... hehe :-)

Jo, oh dear, ur havin a lot of fun with the hospital staff, not. Yikes on delivering in back of ambo. :-)

Sush, oh I so agree with u on the maternity leave. Hope u come back from a fantastic hol.

Leis, we're keeping a seat warm for you, your time WILL come, hopefully ASAP... :-)

Shazz, gees, 5am, no wonder ur tired.

Mel, hmmm, wonder if u'll get a sweet william for xmas. Maybe they're available on the internet. Bugger bout the lights though, hope u found out before they were arranged. :-)

Gab, wow, munchy will be officially due tomorrow, hope u go before your induced. Come on little munchy.

Sal, being a student can sometimes be worse than working, as the work doesn't stop when u get home, especially around exam time. Just relax & enjoy your well earned break. But yeah, know what u mean, I can't wait to finish work at 36wks, weekends I get my nanna naps, but work days, just fall asleep after tea. That list sounds like a great idea, I've been postponing it for a while, but there's still time. Family have been asking me to do it too.

Tam, glad to see u doin well for a VB delivery, wow, 2. Hope those hips & back feel better soon.

Tiff, sorry I missed u during ur 'allowed out' weekend. Hope ur keepin well & that the ballet concert went well too & that u weren't madly sewing costumes (know what that's like). So xmas bubby's it is then. That's good news about ur dad, hope it goes well. Yep, been feeling some light movement daily since last wkend, can't wait til DH can feel it.

Amy, LOL, I'd be doin the same if our nursery was set up. Your not goin mad, ur just looking forward to it all.

Ok, just a few questions from me, (warning, TMI). It's normal right to:
    1) it's normal right to get stabbing pains in ur anus when u need to do #2, even b4 u know u do
    2) get the heart flutters more often & being able to feel my hbeat pounding in my belly region & my upper chest region (without putting hand there) & to feel kinda like a rubbing/grinding feeling in my chest when heart beating, hard to explain. I'm gonna have to write all this down as I keep forgetting to when go to obgyn.
    3) for those whom only sleep on their backs, when get up in morning, belly hurts for few mins & almost takes breath away when belly pops back out.
    4) to get such a sore but sitting at work all day, when never used to.

Hehe... all is well though.

Debbie Lee Guest

I'm on Gab-Watch!! hehehe
    Keeping my eyes peeled for any kind of announcement, Gab

Shell,

I've got the stabbing pains in the "pelvic floor" region and the audible heart beat. Also can't lie on my back any more because it's just too uncomfortable and seems to cut off the circulation. And yes, I get the sore bum too ... the muscles in there are really tight at the moment (and not in the sort of good way that would give me a Baywatch Bum either).

If you're worried though, check with your ob because I'm not sure how pronounced your symptoms are. I guess if they are causing you discomfort or anxiety, it is always worth asking about.

Got to run out to the bank and will be back soon. Hope you are all doing well.

Love,

Mel

Thnx Mel, nope I suspected they'd be normal, so haven't been worried, hence why forgot to mention to obgyn last visit... :-)

Sal Guest

Ooh, Gab Watch excitement has gone up a notch! 'Restless' sounds very very promising, seeing as there hasn't been a post since...

Shell, those symptoms sound normal, in that I had stabbing pains in the anus area for a few weeks, plus the thumping heart is something that I get from time to time. I'm like Mel, I can't lie on my back, I feel ill, so don't know about that one. I think your OB will tell you you're naughty for lying on your back at this stage of pg, it is supposed to be a no-no!

Tiff, I popped something in the post for you, hope your DH delivers it to your cell, ahem, hospital bed...

Hehe Sal, no actually I did ask bout that one. Coz of my back/hip injury, I can't sleep on my side or stomach so advised my obgyn. His midwife said up to 30wks is fine, but on side thereafter, but then asked my obgyn, he said it is fine to lie on back right through, it doesn't hurt the baby at all. Only reason people say this is coz it can make u dizzy sleepin on ur back later on in pg & in that case, u'd prefer to lie on side.

Shell my OB has mentioned that if I do want to lie on my back, put a pillow half under your back running down your spine. It acts like a wedge and that way you are not entirely on your back nor on your side. It works for me.

Sal Guest

Hi Tam, good to hear that you are doing well (what great size twins you're carrying - what a champ!) and not complaining O I also said I wouldn't complain but you can never know what it's like to be heavily pg, so any earlier promises can be reneged on, methinks! I can't imagine having TWO inside, one is big/awkward/heavy enough.

You know how you mentioned the pillow under the back, can you describe how it's done a bit more eg size pillow, exact placement etc? I would love to lie on my back but I feel ill when I do. My hips get so sore though during the night, so it would be nice to get some respite.

Hey Sal. Yeah carrying 2 has been a challange, but then, I don't know any different, LOL

The pillow thing. Ok, I just use a normal pillow, that you use for your head, run it long ways from about shoulder blade through to start of bottom, but only half way under you, so run it long ways running parallel to your spine. Bascially it is a wedge, elevating half your body. You end up sleeping on a slight slant if that makes sense. There are actual pillows that you can buy to do this, but they were expensive, so my OB said to try this. I must admit though, I do alternate between wedging and I have a body pillow that my MIL bought me that I use to elevate my belly when lying on my side.

Oooh, thnx Tam. Yeah I might try that, if/when it gets too akward to lie on my back. It's ok for now, only just the strange sensations when getting up & doesn't last long. Cool... :-) Can't imagine what the weight must be like on ur poor back for twinnies...

Tiff - Great to hear from you! I'm so glad that you were able to make the girls concert \/ (and more importantly, get some time out from jail) How many more of the iron thingys do you have to have or are they just checking you on a day/week basis? Sounds dreadful!

Gab - ?????????? We are a nosy lot in here!!

Shell - sorry cannot answer your questions except for the pelvic area one. I'm getting a few pains dwon that area as well and my Dr believes it to be the bones rubbing together?? Or something to that effect anyway. I am more concerned about the muscular pains arghhhhhhhh that I am getting earlier and earlier now.

Tam - LOL at not complaining! It's all I seem to do atm, well it is not *real* complaining, just a little fat and fed up whinging. I'm finding that carrying twins is so very very different from when I was carrying Jack and I have to put it down to the extra weight that I'm lugging about. I just feel so sluggish and walrus like, have to find myself a rock and sleep on it hehe!

Sal - You are on the home run now! Have you packed your hospital bag yet? Actually what is everyone doing with their bags?? Last time it was all a bit of a rush for us, so i just threw in this and that. Hopefully this time i will be more organised....yep and pigs still fly!

Everything is much the same here....still no phone call/letter from the hospital...poo to them, not very urgent is it lol!

Take care all!

Still no word from Gab - oooh this is getting very exciting. Can't see me getting much work done today will be checking on BB all day to see if she's posted.

Good to hear from everyone - glad others are getting the heart pounding thing happening, thought I was having a heart attack to start with!!

Take care everyone

XX

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast