Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - October, '05

Sal Guest

Ah, that's great that you've settled on a name, Mel! My sister fought with her husband all the way through the pregnancy over names, with him wanting IMHO ridiculous overly religious names and her wanting modern names...I'd hate to be in that situation, it is so nice when you both agree on a name. We had a boy name and a girl name agreed from even before we were pg, so even though I thought we wouldn't, we actually talk about him using his name even now. I figure it's gotta help with the bonding.

Jo, re the prefolds, I bought them from littlekoala.com.au, they were really cheap ($28 for a dozen). Of course I haven't tried them out, or even washed them yet! If you've been following the cloth nappy thread, I think it was Shannon who also bought some and had been using them on Jessalyn...she gave them mixed reviews, I think. I figure that they are a good start, plus you can boost them as necessary and as so cheap will be handy for stuffing other nappies later on, using for burping cloths etc etc. Sorry if I've confused rather than helped! BTW I think you're a saint for going down the cloth road, with twins on board O I went totally overboard with buying cloth, spent sooooo much money and now I realise I should have started out modestly, perhaps with prefolds and covers, some boosters and the odd fitted or pocket to try out. Oh well, it's a learning curve. My finances have taken a turn for the worse, so I think after the luxury of ones I've bought, when bub gets too big for them I will have to do a more economic cloth system, probably prefolds, boosters and covers. Will be very cheap that way.

A huge cograts to Sal and her DH \/

Thanks Sal, without sounding tight and mean and stingy, i'm trying to cut out some of the cost with having two at once. I figured the nappies would be a good start, even though I will still use disposables when out *nothing* is going to make me lug more stuff than needed when we are out and about

Congratulations SAL & DH!! That is wonderful sweetheart... Bet you're over the moon - what a great year this has been for you.... with many more to follow.

Keen,

Great to see you back!

Mel

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Well, after a horrible week of passing out and feeling so sick that I was bedridden, I went and had some tests done. I am aneamic (which is to be expected I guess) but I also have gestational diabetes. This is very new and foreign as I have never had it before. I'm off to the doctor and diabetic educator on Wednesday, until then, I am trying to follow a high carb, low fat, low sugar diet...he he and failing miserably.
    Noah and Ivy have been very quiet over the last few days and this is stressing me to the max. Again, a catch 22 I know, cos the adrenaline from my stress makes them sleepy but their sleepiness makes me stress more! Bring on the straight jacket!

Sal congrats to you and DH. I am glad that it all went well for you.

Keen good to see you about

Tiff at least you have some answers now.

Huge hello to all you lovely ladies.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

OMG Congratulations Sal!

I can't believe how quiet you kept that!

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Thanks girls! Yep Sush, I did keep it quiet, I think it was all in keeping with the low-key style that we were aiming for. DH had to fly to Sydney to do some motorcycle training for his postie job, leaving Sat morning and won't be back til tomorrow night...so I have only had a DH around for about 12 hours so far!

Tiff, I'm so glad that you have answers for why you're feeling awful (am sure that combination, plus carrying twins in any case, would really take it out of you). Sorry to hear about the GD, at least it's been detected early and you can control it (although I don't relish you having to worry about what you eat). I suppose for the anaemia you just have to take the dreaded supplements?

I'm about to call the midwives to ask them about me doing a GD test myself, apart from anything it is time for me to do it, plus having PCOS I am at a higher risk of it.

How is everyone's week starting off so far? Me, I'm just studying (can't wait for the exams to be over with). Am finding it very uncomfortable to sit at a table and study, I think my torso is too short for the bub, feels like my ribs are spearing him, then I compensate and start to get a back-ache. Oh, other than that I suppose I can put swollen feet and ankles on the symptom list - they swell when it gets hot, apart from them looking darn ugly, I can tell you that it also hurts (go figure!). So am sitting with feet raised, reclined to allow for maximum torso room for bub, belly hanging out....such a good look!

Afternoon every one

Tiff ~ i am so glad that they have figured out what was going on with you i too had GD with my last PG i ended up insulin dependant from 21 weeks so i too am trying to watch what i eat hehheheheh righto i may be failing terribly at that one lucky me i get to have the glucose tolerance testing a whole lot earlier this time

i went and had my booking in appt with the midwives today now it feels real walking into that hospital put the s**ts up me a little i haven't been to that hospital since my last baby was born 8 years ago 8-[ now i remember the pain 8-[ so anyway did the 1000 and 20 questions got to hear the HB and she measured the fundus(?) @ 16cm Bp 110/50 so all is good apparently \/ so now i have my next scan @ 18 weeks on the 8th of Dec (Hmm we may just find out the flavour then ) and next antenatal appt on the 15th of DEC

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi guys

Shazz, am glad to hear everything is going well. I am gathering from what you're saying that you will find out if it's boy or girl?

Sal, I am guarenteed to have to GD test as my mum has diabetes and my sister had GD. Despite this, I've never had it, but apparently that doesn't matter and I'm required to do the test no matter what.

Another thing, had a small spill on the weekend while trying to spray fly repellant on the labrador, which basically warrants a visit to the obgyn on Thursday, my DH reckons. Baby is not as active as the last few weeks, so thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and have a little check on the little one while I was there. Still not allowed to use the doppler so am not happy, Jan!

love
    sushee

Time fore a new thread ladies

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678