Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ August 2005

Hey Everyone

Keen - You know there's a space in here with your name on it in big bold letters, hang in there sweet.

Sush - Yay on the BT results, not long till scan time!!

Jo - So glad to hear Oi is fine and with sparkling fangs!! Now only 2 sleeps to go!

Sal - Only 5 sleeps, are we taking bets on the sex?

I'm just sitting here at my desk not really interested in doing anything to be honest. Am craving McDonalds AGAIN! Had it for lunch yesterday and was so good. At least Bucky is wanting fruit but definitely not interested in veges or meat...hmmm.

Just realised I never mentioned the Bledisloe Cup results....hehe. Is anyone interested in rugby union? Can't say I watched the game, fell asleep in the first ten minutes.

Take care everyone.

tiggy Guest

Hey Amy,

Yep, I place my bet for a boy for Sal!!!

Good luck Sal, can't wait to hear what you are having!!!!

tiggy Guest

Amy,
    LOL at the Maccas cravings!
    I just can't get enough red capsicum!
    Don't eat too much of that wicked stuff!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen,

I've bought you a September/Oct ticket on the bus, so you should know that we're keeping your place here warm for your arrival soon.

And just to be ornery, I say a girl for Sal! Lol!

No cravings for me, but the spag bol my DD cooked yesterday made me want to hurl, even though it's something I usually love. Yay! Morning sickness! But in the evening! As awful as I felt, I loved the nausea, it's making it more real for me....

There are 4 TWWers in the LT thread so hopefully we'll have more graduates in here soon. Would be nice to not be the one who is due last! heehee!

Hope everyone else is well!

love
    sushee

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I hope I am one thanks Sushee - for thinking of us - it is going to be crowded in here soon

Sal - I am going for a boy

tiggy Guest

Trish,
    I hope you are one of the BFPs with all my heart!

thanks Tiff

*I do believe in miracles and dreams do come true *

and there are so many miracle stories here how can we not be inspired

Trish there are hundreds of seats left, the forum will never be full... I hope u all get your miracle bubbies this month... :-)

That's my mantra Shell -thanks :flower:

your ticker is moving along

Yes, have to say there's good feeling in the air for the TWWers in LTTTC.

Yes Tiff I need to stay away from evil Maccers! It has repeated on me all afternoon so not worth it!

Amy,

Step away from the Maccas! That's another smell that makes me ill (which I found out at lunch today), the smell of french fries.

Trish, you are postive and you are strong, and your miracle will come too. I cannot wait for your beta! 31st Aug seems soooo far away for me, can't imagine what it must be like for you! I hope and pray it's worth the wait. Like Amy, I've got a good feeling about the TWWers!

love
    sushee

Oh my God, Sush ... I wish the smell of fries did make me ill. As it is, it is all I crave!

I'm normally a salad and vegies kind of girl but the thought of that stuff at the moment is anathema. I still get my veg at night and I've been on vitamins and eating the right foods for years so I'm not unduly worried. The only thing is, I'm taking Apple's predilection for fat and salt as a sign that he is taking after DH ... I'm gestating another chip-muncher!!

Amy - I love Maccas, don't often have it as the nearest is an hour away. Just as well really We are a Union family. DH used to play in the UK for many a year (the reason his swimmers are all crap!)

Trish - Keep chanting your mantra! With so many people in the other thread now, surely those in the know must have to move some people along!

Sal - I forget you last night. I am very sorry. I should just stick to my usual "hope all is well" Combination of pg hormones and old age hehe!

I hope EVERYONE is ok!

Sal Guest

Hi girls, yet another quick BB session for me, sorry!

Oooh chips, I really felt like them for about three weeks, wanted the hot variety (with gravy) but couldn't readily access them so settled for salt and vinegar crisps as well...what was blobby thinking?!?! I hate crisps normally! Phew, am off them now, plus my predilection for a daily banana smoothie has eased.

Well, am very chuffed, firstly last night my DP said I was starting to show (that is, when I'm nude) so surely not much longer until some darling little old lady on the street asks me when I'm due?! The other thing is that I found out I got my tax return - makes a big diff to the local Sal economy and means I can have a bit of a blobby spending spree after the scan. Am going to treat DP to a new mobile phone, he'll be thrilled!

Sush, those BT numbers are great, wow on the P4! Can't wait for yours and Shell's first scans.

Jo, so happy about Oi, my mum's dog had to have a broken tooth removed on Tuesday and she really took the op quite hard too. Am very excited about your scan tomorrow! Will you posting piccies?

Hehe girls, Sush thanks for the 'girl' vote! I've got a 'boy' mindset but will be very happily surprised if it is a girl. DP told his only sister the names we have picked out, thankfully she like them. But we aren't telling anyone what they are (why do we become so precious about secrecy when it comes to baby names, I wonder?).

OK must run, hugs to all.

Trish, it's hard to type this message as my fingers (and toes) are still firmly crossed for your BFP. My preg-brain can't figure it out, would that make it an April or May bub?

Morning ladies,

can I ask for your expertise? Now I do know that I am a mother of 3 already, but seeing how my last pg was over 12 years ago, I feel like I'm a newbie at this.

Well, I don't know if it's the P4 or something else, but everthing I'm eating is pretty much going straight through me. I wake up every morning with bad stomache cramps and of course, my first reaction is that it's bubby, and I go through a moment of panic.

DH says that I've had a lot of *ahem* gas lately, and I do know that high levels of P4 causes bloating and gasiness, but I don't know if this is all related.

Has anyone had the same sort of symptoms? I guess I'm getting a little anxious now (the elation of my last BT is starting to wear off - Lol!), but I feel like a silly paranoid git calling the clinic about this.

love
    sushee

Sush I know that in the books I have been reading that either the runs or constipation is quite common with all the hormone levels changing. I was pretty much constipated from day 1 and have been ever since. Metamucil is my new best friend. I still get bowel cramps and gas too, so it is not just you.

Sush I have had diarrohea almost this whole first trimester, it probably started at 6.5 weeks. I was freaking out in the beginning also and mentioned it to the midwife who wasn't concerned by it at all. She said some girls get constipated and some go the opposite, and that it's probably better to be this way than bunged up! It might be worth checking with your dr if it keeps going or is several times a day. I stopped taking the pg vitamin I was on too as I though this might have been causing it (I kept taking the folic acid though). I was on high doses of progesterone (6 pessaries a day) so I also thought this could have contributed too. As for the gas, I've had that too!! Have taken great pride in out-farting DH for once!!

Not sure if this helps, I was worried too in the beginning but don't feel bad about ringing the clinic. It's so much better to put your mind at rest than to keep worrying.

Take care sweet!

Thanks Tam and Amy

I guess I'm just having one of those "what if it's all going to go wrong" days. My scan is only about 2 weeks away but it feels like it might as well be years.

Always thought that if I got to this point, I'd be able to just sit back and enjoy it, but I'm finding that I'm even more neurotic than in my TWW. The wait to the scan is excruciating! Someone please tell me it gets better after that!

love
    sushee

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast