Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ August 2005

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Amy,

I'm so sorry that you're worried. I thought getting that BFP would be the end of all the worrying, but it's the start of a whole new different sort of worry!

Well, I was thinking of waiting until my next BT to add my details but decided that I'm not going to live in fear (at least for the next ten minutes).

love
    sushee

Right - have given myself a very stern talking to and told self to pull it's head in.

Mel - sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Must admit early on I felt like MCDonals and KFC even though it made me feel sick once I ate it. Thanks goodness since then Bucky (what I have been calling the baby in my head) has gone on a fruit binge - much more healthier.

Sal - Great to hear about the doppler, how exciting for you. Boo on the internest issues, we miss you!

Jo - Sorry to hear Oi has to go in for an op, I always feel so awful when Milo has to go the vet because he doesn't know what's coming! The worst was when he went in to get castrated, I felt SO mean. How old is Oi? Sending loads of good vibes your way - across the Tasman!

Shell - how are you sweet?

Take care everyone, sorry for blahing before...

Sush Honey! I hadn't forgotten you, infact I have been thinking of you so much lately it is so very very cool to have your company in this thread.

Amy, hope u r feelin more confident soon, I am now. Those dopplers sound like a fantastic invention.

Amy - Don't worry about it! We all turn neurotic at this time. I did prior warm the March thread in my first post there LOL! Don't spend too much time on the internet looking up what could go wrong and get a good friend to send you some reminder emails every now and again telling you to get a grip, lol! Oi has just turned 7, so it is basically now or never, i wish they had said something last year or the one before.

Shell - Thanks for the advice. I have tried chicken wings, chicken necks and the latest, lamb chops. Won't touch the chicken, and will only pull the meat off the chops that i have half cut and refuses to go near the bone. Weird puss!

Sal- Hope your internet problems go away, it sure is a pain in the butt. The doppler sounds great. I am very wary of getting one as I think it might be too hard to detect 2 heartbeats and i will have a pink fit if I can't hear them both. I'm glad that bub is doing great in there. Not long to your scan now, mine is a week away.

Mel - Good to hear from you, was having a little wonder about how you were going! Interesting about the salty chips, mine like all breeds of chips (except chicken-yuk!) and glad to say that triple choc drumsticks are back on the menu!

Sush - Hope you are doing ok!

Mel, I noticed u called apple "he", so ur thinking boy first I guess, cool. We'd like a boy first, then a girl, so she has an older brother, but I'll be stoked either way. Only 2 more days. Oh I wish mine was that close, still 2.5wks. It will be so much more real seeing the little blob/blobs on the u/s screen. And only 1 more wk til yours Sal & Jo. Can't wait to see photos.

Went to 6 garage sales today, bought stuff from 3 of them. 2 other girlfriends did this for their babies & picked up heaps of bargains, much cheaper than buying brand new. For $8.50 we got: 2 bunny rugs, 1 flat + 2 fitted cot sheets, quilted look octopus/fish/whale cot quilt (or for lying bubby on on the floor), 2 body suits & 2 bibs. Then sis gave me a cute yellow sleeping suit, with little eyes & a tiny beek made in the hood of it & & a parenting mag, although she's got other little goodies hidden away, but showed me some of them about 6mths ago. Dad gave me a cute set of yellow knitted booties. Mum rang last wkend to take orders for stuff to be knitted, eg: asked me what colours etc, so she's going to wait til we know the sex first, so colours will be right.

Hey Shell, if you have a sewing machine (or mum does) you can pick up flannelette material at spotlight for $1.99 a metre, then just cut to size and hem. I made about half a dozen for Jack and they washed up heaps better than the brought ones as well! (I also made sheets for the bassinet as well!)

Hi Ladies,

Shell - great bargain hunting there. I'm hoping to pick up a few cast offs from friends which will help. Had a bit of a look at stuff in Babyco (these places have been off limits before) and had a small conniption at the prices.

Yes, I'm referring to Apple as "he" at the moment ... not so sure why it is a boy, just that I figure with IVF the odds are stacked in favour of males.

Speaking of which, DH really **** me off today. I was talking about the other embryos and giving this one a sister or brother later. He said "Well we can't afford to do this again. We can't afford to have more than one child". I said "Well, I'm not leaving nine embryos to research so you'd better have a think about that". He then went on and on about how we would never be able to afford a house or anything and it made me cross. I was already feeling a bit down and now I feel even worse.

Ultrasound on Monday so I'd better get a good look at the one child I'm ever going to be allowed to have. God, he makes me mad.

Sorry girls ... I'll be back to post later when I'm not so grumpy.

Mel

Hi Mel,
    Hope you are not so mad today. Best to just enjoy this first one I say.

I hope the ultrasound goes well. Is Jedi coming with you??

On the buying for baby topic - my attitude was that every dollar I saved helped me be able to stay home a bit longer with baby. So the only major thing we ended up buying new was a car seat, when she went from a capsule to a car seat. I was so lucky as because most of my friends had finished their families they took the opportunity to clean everything out and I got so much stuff. I have some babies baths you can borrow, when you need them. Hopefully I will need them back. My sister, who I am saving them for, had her first IVF cycle cancelled so she won't need them for a while.

Hi Mel, hope ur feelin better today. Who knows, u could be carrying 1 of each!!! Hope DH comes round eventually. 2 of my friends that were wanting their 2nd, had the same response from their DH's, but they came around, eg using such things as: wouldn't u rather a family than being 'comfortable', isn't a family more important than $, if we wait til we have more $, we will never end up having a 2nd, u survive on what u've got... :-) Can't wait to see those pickies.

Anney, hope u & ur sis both get BFP's together, ASAP... :-)

Thanks Jo, yeah I was thinking bout that too, but when the 2nd hand ones were only 50c each, thought why not. I know I'll have to get used to sewing stuff soon. :-)

Sal Guest

Hi girls! Well I'm at a study centre for my uni, in the heart of Brisbane city, to cadge internet usage. The local library is shut today. At least I won't get kicked off the PC...but there are notices up in the room here saying that Energex is shutting power to the building today and the study centre is shut. Did the uni tell me about this before I trekked into the city? Heck no! So I may be trapped in a 'dead' building very shortly! Too bad, miss BB so will take the risk.

My internet probs won't be fixed until Sep 1st. What happened is that we were put to a 200MB plan, and on the 2nd day of the month we got a courtesy notice telling us we had used over 100MB of that! So if I use the internet at home we are going to end up with a huge bill. *@!**@ Telstra, they are such liars about their service plans, I swear. At least next month we are going back to broadband unlimited.

Mel, hope you're feeling better. I bet once your DP experiences the magic of having a child, he'll come to the conclusion that family is mor important than financial security! Wow, I guess you have some decisions to make re your embys, what with your record it is very likely unless you want 10 kids that you'll have some 'left over' (that sounds awful to write).

Jo, hope Oi's op went/goes well.

Amy, hang in there, you'll be having your next scan before you know it, and it'll give you reassurance for, oh, at least a few days afterwards! Then you can always do the doppler thing, I think you can hear the heartbeat on a home doppler from 12 weeks.

Yep, doppler is a lifesaver! I've trained DP to be my u/s nurse, he scans me morning and night! Blobby's heartrate is about 145-150bpm so I know that according to the old wive's tale it is either a boy or girl with a slower heartrate, but can't remember which #-o

Hi to all, hope you're having nice weekends! Brisbane weather is gorgeous today, quite spring-like and uplifting.

OK now going to do some Uni work (the 'official' reason I'm here )

Mel - Don't worry about DH. Mine was the same. After Apple is born and has been here for a little while he will be so besotted that he will probably want all nine! Men have a bit of a security issue when faced with life changing events, and they become a little jeolous as well with all the attention that is being showered upon you and your baby. He will get over it!

With regards to buying things etc. I think a decent carseat and a decent pram is where you need to spend the money. You will use both items a lot. Cots, rockers, highchairs etc can be picked up second hand or really cheap during the sales. Also with Jack, I used to buy an item a week (bibs, singlets, growsuits etc) rather than going out and buying it all in bulk. Best and less have great baby wear sales, I picked up several Bonds growsuits for $4 each.

And don't forget that people will want to buy you presents, mums, dads and aunts and uncles helped us out with some of the bigger things.

Mel hope ur scan went well & ur just busy showing them off to everyone.

Still no m/s here, thank god. However I had a stack yesterday @ 5:30pm, lost my balance & took a few steps forward on the concrete but couldn't recover, so grazed/bruised all 4's & a little on my palms & hit my belly (lower abdomen). I was sooo scared, I rang my IVF clinic & the nurse assured me everything will be fine as there is alot of padding in there & it's only a few mill in size at the moment. Tummy muscles bit sore though, like I've been doin situps.

Mel - How did it go today? Was DH overwhelmed?

Shell - Hope you are feeling a little less bruised soon.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been online. It's because I've been asleep probably. Just too tired for words these days.

Well I saw Apple this morning (and it is only Apple so I don't have to come up with another fruity name). I saw a head, a spine and a beating heart. Dr H doesn't have the facility to give me a picture but I just took DH to The Visible Embryo on the web to show him what it looked like.

Seems to have implanted correctly and is growing normally. Dr H estimated my due date as April 4 so that's it for the moment. I've received different estimations from different people but I figure the IVF ones know better. The cycles seem to be calculated a bit differently. Now no more doctors for me until my first obstetrician's appointment on 30 August. Actually that isn't so far away now.

Sorry for briefness and selfishness of post. I've missed so much BB due to zzzzzzz time and I really need to sit down and catch up.

Hope you are all doing well.

Love,

Mel

Mel,
    I thought you had gone to bed, leaving us in suspense. That is great that you saw the HB and everything is looking good.

Mel congrats on a great scan

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast