Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ July 2006

confusedegg Guest

Thanks Magic

I got results today (from yesterdays test) and at 5 weeks 1 day HCG is 4,030 and progesterone is 789. All is ok, progesterone has dropped from 880, with reassurance from clinic that below 30 is when you should worry with progesterone. Cramps have settled since i have rested up and wind is alot better (thinks something i ate, that i shouldnt have), Went ballistic with food on Saturday arvo at SIL 40th and paid for it since Sunday.

I thinks i will do nothing until scan on Tuesday and then take it easy from then on, also watching what i eat.

Regards
    Chris

Sal Guest

Those numbers are great, Chris!

confusedegg Guest

Thanks Sal,

Trying to edit my post to add yours and Magics name in it. Oh well.

Thanks for your thoughts and reply.

Was bit concerned, for i have lost preg symptoms as well thats why i had BT.

Not too concerned about symptoms as long as no bleed and cramps and wind gone.

Chris

Sal Guest

ah symptoms, who needs 'em?!?! I never got any really with my last pg and this pg is looking the same. OK symptoms would be reassuring but can't say that I'd wish m/s on myself or anyone else.

Well done Chris - they are nice numbers.

Sal - Wish I could say the same. I'm having all day :ms: at the moment. But not hurling which I guess means that it could be worse! hee hee.

Magic - love the ticker pic.

everyone else!

Thanks re ticker pic, DD is a stunner (if I do say so myself LOL). I will probably put a tummy one in though.........
    Last edited by Magic; July 13th, 2006 at 12:09 PM.

Chris - those numbers are excellent. FYI my P4 was 95 then 78 then 90!!

confusedegg Guest

Sal - I agree with symptoms, though i dont mind the fatigue (if not got plans), i dont wish upon anyone neither.

Kar - Thanks. Poor thing. Not sure which is the worse nausea or actually hurling.
    I had nausea with my last pregnancy that bad that things like meat cooking, i felt so sick i couldnt eat. Poor DH had to do all cooking (has been ever since).

Chris

Sal Guest

Gee girls you've been quiet in here (you girls with big preggy bellies that is!)

OK so Justine's up next? How many days to go, Justine? Maybe we could start a countdown or something?

Morning ladies

Yay on those great numbers Chris.

Oh I see Sal, thnx. Hey what will happen bout ur impending surgery now ur preggas?

I agree with the others, great pic Sheree.

Sooooo tired. Had another Bt today as my iron is low. Wish I could remember to take those darn iron tablets - I'd probably feel alot more energetic.

Just between you girls and me, I'm quietly pooing my pants about the labour. It's definately harder the 2nd time around. I think you are in ignorant bliss for #1 - you know it will be bad, but you can't imagine how bad. My labour with Isaac is fresh in my mind and I'm dreading this time. I know it's only a day out of my life and holding my baby is my reward - but why does it have to be so bad??? i didn't have an epidural last time and am seriously considering it now. I was so traumatised by the whole event that I didn't bond very well with Isaac for a few days. I don't want to winge here - we've all been through so much to get here, I'm just having last minute jitters. Sorry guys.

Sal Guest

Justine IKWYM exactly! Miles' birth is EXTREMELY fresh in my mind and was pretty awful. I guess you just have get through it...go the epi this time!

Shell, I had to remove myself from the surgery waiting list. My doc told me that I should just raise hell when I have #2 to make sure that I get either fixed up or gets no worse! (Justine, I have this on my mind too!)

confusedegg Guest

Humphrey,

One way i get myself to take iron tablet and elevit in morning with breakfast, i put them where i make breakfast and have it with milk just before i have breakfast, then i know they have been taken, then if i cant remember, its tough titties for me until next day.

Chris

Has anyone tried prune juice - i got DH to grab me some last night when he went shopping for my constipation, does anyone know if it works.
    Last edited by confusedegg; July 14th, 2006 at 04:58 PM.

Chris - I know prune juice works for my DS but never tried it myself. I always find dried apricots do the trick for me - can give me bad tummy gurgles tho'.

Taking calcium with iron can inhibit its absorption - better with vit C. That's why I don't take it in the morning cause I have cereal and tea. You think I would practice what I preach to my customers (I'm a pharmacist). I just had a glass of OJ and took it now so I feel less guilty. Now to just remember to take my calcium tonight - I'm hopeless

Hmmm. Interesting to find Elevit and constipation in the same post Humphrey.

I took Elevit for years but last time I got a new packet I suddenly got the worst constipation I have ever had in my entire life. Sorry if that is TMI. Eventually I worked out it must have been the Elevit as nothing else changed. Came off it and sure enough things returned to normal.
    Has anyone else noticed it doing this of late. I've switched to another pregnancy multi now and am so glad everything is back to normal.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Chris,

typing with one hand (Charlie BFing) but wanted to tell you that it's coz your P4 is high that you're getting bad wind. P4 relaxes your muscles, including your throat and rectal muscles, so you get badly bloated if it's high. My P4 was 1000+ when I was pg with Charlie, thanks to progesterone pessaries. It went down slowly, but I suffered until it did.

everyone!

confusedegg Guest

Hi Ladies

SUSHEE: What you mean suffered, did you have real intestinal wind and smelly and crampy. Thats what i had. Hey Sushee i read your story, sweet, you so are so blessed/lucky to have Charlie and also a sweet supporting husband like Karl, it would have been so hard on both of you. Good on you.

HUMPHREY: I thinks all these dried apricots also had a part in my wind, i ate too many of them, but they did help.

KAR: With my last pregnancy i was also on elevit and iron tablets, the nurses at hospital told me stop taking them because thats why my plumbing all clogged up and i can so understand when you say worst in your entire life, mine at that time was so bad no matter what i had it wouldnt help relieve it and whenever i pushed i could have popped a baby (no exaggeration). I thinks thats because I had more grapes than a vineyard & they dont help..

But i believe sushee is right because i rung my doctor at that time and he said "Poor thing the hormones have doubled up and are playing havoc on you" but nothing he could give me. This time progerone not as high but not far from it.

So heres to the prune juice if it works and lubricates the grapes (LOL-sorry TMI!).

Are you on blackmores pregnancy and breast feeding formula (not sure exactly what called).
    Last edited by confusedegg; July 14th, 2006 at 08:52 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast