Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ July 2006

confusedegg Guest

To whom read my previous post, my apologies if TMI.

HUMPHREY: I would like to say that prune juice has not the pleasant taste, but you know what they say "if it tastes bad, its good for you". I would recommend prune juice as natural laxative, i took 250ml of it last night BEFORE going to bed and this morning after having cup of just right with cup of milk whacko, i had to put my skates on and let me tell you i feel renewed. (thats of course i did a couple squats before sitting at the bowl-LOL).

Thanks for your help ladies. I hope it works for others.

Justine, hope this birth is much less traumatic for u, ditto Sal, & I so didn't want an epi, but after labouring, u soon forget the thought of a needle in back when ur in pain, then its just bliss, hehe.
    Justine, a friend has a daily alarm setup on her mobile phone to make her remember to take her minipill at a set time each day, maybe u could try this. Or maybe put a note on ur fridge & on ur bedroom alarm clock.

Oooh, hope they do fix it for u Sal.

Chris, LOL at some of ur descriptions, but not at u having to suffer from them. :|

Oh my god Sal!!!!!!!! I'm away for abit and look what happens! You've gone and got yourself knocked up!!! Sorry I've missed all the action but what absolutely fantastic news to come back to!!!! SO AWESOME!!!

I'm stunned now and can't think what I was going to say!

Love to you all - I'm off to catch up on everything!

Sal Guest

Hehehe thanks Amy! Yep I'm very surprised by it too - turns out all my fertility woes could have been fixed (pre clomid, pre IVFs) with a simple drug, Metformin. I really had no idea that I would fall pg again so easily.

How're things with you and Noah?

Prune juice is good, diluted though. My ob recommended actilax, it did the trick. But I also went off elevit and haven't had a problem since.

Ohhh Justine sorry that you are freaking out a bit, I think it's only natural.

I spent Friday night in hospital in alot of pain, bed rest on the weekend and am feeling good now. Bubs is good, cervix still closed and leakage and no placenta abruption - pphew.. Bubs is aroudn 1.5kg already and has excellent trace!!!

Morning ladies

confusedegg Guest

MAGIC, it wont hurt if i have been drinking it not diluted will it.

Chris - I just couldn't tolerate the taste of it "pure", just start off by taking small amounts as too much can aggravate your bowells.

Glad to hear everything is going well Sheree - I've been getting weird pains I don't remember 1st time around as well. Still no BH though.

Chris - glad to hear things are "moving along" nicely again. Don't forget to drink tonnes of water. (Again, something I preach but never do LOL!)

My DS's new "big bed" has arrived today (in about 20 pieces) so now I can relax that my mum has somewhere to sleep when she comes down for my hospital stay. I still have my moments of panic but am a bit calmer about the labour thing. I've survived once - I can do it again. Just really excited to see what my little girl looks like!

Sal Guest

Sheree, glad to hear that your pg scare is over now. Do the docs know what caused the pain?

Justine, given you're 37w thank goodness you are calmer about the impending labour!!!

On the topic of things 'moving along' or otherwise, when I went for my appt re perineal repair the doc asked what my #2's were like. She then produced a chart showing the range of them LOL as how on earth do you describe that?!?! Well, from pointing out what I normally do, turns out I am mostly constipated (news to me LOL). I never strain going, so even though the doc told me to take Metamucil I just don't bother...

I've seen one of those poo charts Sal - they're hysterical!!!!!!

Sheree, how scary, glad everythings ok now though. What do u mean by trace? Sounds like a good weight.

About 18 days to go before Justine's baby girl arrives.

Sal, a poo chart, PMSL.

I just found a copy in Wikipedia - I think it is called the Bristol Stool Chart.
    I printed a copy out and stuck in on the notice board in our loo for a joke! Not sure how DH will take it. Agree - Hysterical!

Sheree - are you ok? You sound so calm.

Hi everyone

Justine - I can't believe it's sooo close til we meet your precious baby girl, how time flies when your having fun!!!!!!!!!!

Sheree - You poor thing, what a horrible thing to go thru. I'm glad all is good with your little boy. It's getting close for you now too!!

Sal - Big CONGRATULATIONS, that's fantastic news!!

We are going well. Scarlett is absolutely gorgeous if I do say so myself. Sleep still not going well, until last night that is, when we had an absolute beauty of a sleep with a stretch of four and a half hours..........I feel so alive today!!!!

I've gotta get my details updated when I get a chance and throw on a pic of Scarlett, it's just so hard to get a minute on the computer, I always seem to have my boob hanging out........LOL!! Sorry for TMI!!

Love to all of you, gotta go, as she's had her half hour nap.....

Alicia xxxxxxxx

Hi Ali - good to see you popping in.

Bubs head is engaged again. This baby is like a yo-yo!

I just read about Annie . It's not fair

confusedegg Guest

Hi Ladies

Having a down day today. Went for my ultra sound at 6 weeks and obst said there is a healthy sac and can just see a shadow, but not certain it is baby and have to wait till next tuesday to see if there is a heartbeat.

Has any had scan at 6 weeks and obstr wasnt sure if it was the baby?

I am so worried there maybe a problem, how could you not know?

Be back on BB probably next week sometime after my next scan.. Heres hoping they find something.

Chris

Chris - Am thinking of you and have fingers crossed that everything is fine.

Chris
    I am sure I've read posts on belly belly for 6w scans that don't show a heartbeat and then the next week there is one! It seems a bit early for a scan. Most wait until 7 weeks to see HB. Fingerscrossed.

Oh Chris that is scary, but similar thing happened to me... I had a bleeding scare at 6wks (www - milestones) & went to emergency ward at local hospital & the next day they did a scan & said they could only see a sac, no bub & then told me to empty my bladder so they can do an internal scan (dildo cam). Well I was quietly freaking, then they did the internal scan & found bub & the heart had only just started beating in the last few days apparently. Also obgyn wouldn't do a scan b4 27.5wks to double check gender as he said his u/sound machine is no where near as strong/hitech as the u/sound clinics are. I truly hope this is all it is for u, hang in there.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast