Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ June 2006

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Mel - the catalogue doesn't list the newborns on special - but it is agreat special for next size up.It is in NSW too.

I should check a bigger Coles.

RE nappies, I found that Huggies suited DD's bottom much better and also provided great absorption. But given that this is a baby boy this then I will probably try the different brands and figure from there. IYKWIM.

Sorry I haven't been posting much guys - my laptop is very dodgy these days and I can't use it much.

I'm plodding along - starting to stress about not having DS's room ready in time but nothing much I can do. I have 2 weekends of work to go then we can concentrate on it a bit more. We've decided on a bunk bed for him - handy for when grandma stays over. Lucky I have a bassinet for the baby until he's ready to move from his cot. He's such a great sleeper that I don't want to push him to leave it just yet. I had to wake him at 9.30am this morning - nice sleep in for me

Speaking of nappies Trish - if you have an Aldi store near you you should give these a go. $16 for their bulk pack. I haven't gone back to huggies since I tried them - they're great. Nothing worse than changing a baby only to have them poo 30 seconds later - you really feel ripped off as you didn't get your monies worth with that nappy lol!

I've also been thinking how it's going to be different changing a girls nappy - more crevices for things to hide . I obviously have far too much time on my hands......

Looking forward to seeing you in here permanently Anney - best of luck for the scan.

Trish - I'm so excited for you - less than a month - OMG!!!!!!

tiggy Guest

Wow Justine, I felt the exact same way when contemplating changing a BOY!!!! Hehe, I guess it's better the devil you know!:eek:

That's funny Tiff - I did have a willy phobia at first (still do sometimes first thing in the mornings when it is a little ahem, bigger :eek: )

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

And different boys are different to change too! I can count on one hand how many times Shay or Zaki wee-ed on me, but young Charles gives me a hosing down almost once in every four times I change him. Changing him takes military precision timing, but even if his willy is exposed for only 3 secs, he manages to wee on me, his clean clothes, his clean nappy & whatever's lying near by!

Sush, WM does that too. Usually while I'm cleaning him up after number twos. He never misses.

Humphrey yeah have heard the Aldi are good. I was noticing they are very cheap. I had been using cloth nappies but have given it up for the winter. It's too damp in this place already!

Justine - I have a packet of Aldi's bulk 56 = $16 - but double this is almost same as Huggies and everyone seems to be recommending the Huggies but I will do a comparsion when I run out or before. I was wondering where you were.

Not sure how long the bubs will be in newborn/small - so I can always change them later on.I plan on using cloth later when they are bigger for home daytime use - but plans don't always go to plan.

Sushee - that pic of Charlie in your ticker is way too cute.

I know all about unexpected wee showers and I am going to have to be quick with two of them.

tiggy Guest

omg Trish, you are a brave woman even thinking cloth with twins!
    I tried with the girls but quickly learnt i am not the best washer woman in the world!

Trish - I didn't realise the newborn Aldi's were such small packs. Makes it not really worth it afterall. I guess it becomes better value when they go up in size. I bought 2 x Huggies newborns at Toysrus not long ago. They often have them on special for $30.

Trish my love,

I haven't looked on the net yet but I'm guessing there may be a few discount nappy outlets around your area that you can check out. Very often, these places supply creches and daycare centres so they get access to nappies in bulk at a discount. The one I have been using home delivers all over Melbourne for nothing. It's excellent. Hope you can find something similar.

Yes I agree ... you are very brave tackling cloth with twins!

Sal Guest

Anney, YAY for you on having a good BT and also having all the right symptoms. Please keep us updated, I am dying to know whether you have TWO in there!!

Trish, I know with two little spouts you're at twice the risk of an unexpected shower, but I have to say despite my fears that I've only been weed on the once (on my hand). Miles doesn't do big parabolic wees, maybe I'm just lucky??

Oh, gotta say that Aldi nappies are great (can only speak for bigger sizes). Pricewise they are much cheaper than Huggies (even cheaper than when Huggies are on super special). I am a convert.

thanks for the advice ladies - I will find out soon enough

Tiff -Dh is a very good washer 'woman' and DS is partial to bribery $ and learning to hang / take washing off line.

I think I only copped it a few times as a nurse but then again I was always quick off the mark.

OMG now I've got the "willies" (LOL) over changing a willied nappy hehehehe
    Sick I know, but couldn't resist for a Friday morning.

Morning Ladies.

That nappy cake sounds so cute Trish. That countdown is getting mighty close.

Wow Humphrey, u don't have long either.
    As for the Aldi Newborn Nappies (3-6kg, Holly is 4.6kg) nappies, I bought a pack 2wks ago & I hate them coz they just don't fit Holly properly, I have to adjust them so many times & can still see gaps around her legs where poo & wee leaks out. I used Huggies up to 8wks & only had 2 leakages. But I've also heard that the Aldi prob is only with the newborn ones. Just did the sums for each nappy on those mentioned, Huggies=29.5c was 37c(108pk), Babylove=20.5c was 31.8c(88pk), Aldi=28.5c(56pk). Might have to go buy some.
    I tried 2 clothies (minappies fitted terries) last wk & wee went everywhere on first & poo EVERYWHERE on 2nd. Have given up for now, they're still bit big for Holly even on the smallest button up posi. The 3pk pilchers bought from BigW don't even touch her legs so don't keep any leaks in, same with all other pilchers I have.
    Ooh & I too learnt on Wed at Mothers Group that ToysRUs often have huggies on special. Another lady buys their own brand & says they're good too.

Hehe, sounds like changing a boys nappy is fun.

Good idea Mel, hmm wonder if there's one near us.

Anney GL although u wont need it.

LOL Sheree.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Trish,

Charlie wee-ed on two of the 3 nurses who looked after us in hospital as well as on the paed! Lol! And I love my ticker pic too. I usually change the pic every few days but this one might stay for a while.

As for nappies, I'm a Huggies girl, though I do use fitted cloth when at home in the daytime. But can't help but be impressed by Huggies when Charlie is still dry in his sposies when he sleeps from 9.30pm to 5.30am, like he did last night! I figure if it ain't broke...

May have to check out ToysRUd for the next size up!

Hi girls,
    Just checking in very quickly while my precious Scarlett sleeps. Thanks so much for all of the congratulations!!

We feel like the luckiest people alive, Scarlett is absolutely beautiful, a real little gem to add to our beautiful DD, Ruby.

Birth went ok, not what I'd wanted but she's here safe & sound and that's all that matters.

They tried getting an epi & spinal in for 40 minutes in all different spots up & down my spine.......agony, then I got the dreaded news that I new was coming, a bl**dy general was needed. Anyway, couldn't help putting on the waterworks and convinced my Dr to let DH in while Scarlett was born. We also had a wonderful friend who is a midwife at my obs clinic in with us while Scarlett was born and she took a million photos for us, so I've been able to see her being born, although not at the time.

Anyway, will be back as soon as possible, but to am finding it really hard to drag myself away from my gorgeous girls.

Hope everyone is well & I will try to post a pic soon.

Love to all

Alicia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to add, Scarlett is feeding like an absolute trooper too!!! Oh yeah and I had better change my ticker soon.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast