Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2006 #2

Hi Lovelies,

Can't sleep so I'm surfing the net (as you do). DH has resurrected the computer and so far all is well so normal service has been resumed from this end. Thank you for the labour vibes ... that satellite dish is a great investment.

Tiff - I hope you have a very restful week's break with the family. The babies photos are beautiful too. Thinking of you while you are away.

Sush - It must have been the phrasing in my post but I didn't see the frank and beans in Anna's u/s either ... it was a very modest pic! I was remembering what it was like when I saw Willmartin's for the first time ... God, I almost needed a sedative. Didn't see his till 19 weeks though.

Hehe, Sush and Carrie with the ads - I was only thinking the other day that Lisa McCune's Coles ad with the mother's group makes me want to strangle someone. Probably her.

Shell and Anna - funny you should mention the carpal tunnel. I've only developed it this week! I feel very lucky. Anna, I hope yours improves very soon.

Sheree - Yeah, I was into the maternity wear pretty early too but now none of it fits! Great to see you sailing into second trimester ... hope it is enjoyable for you. Re vitamins ... I had Elevit for the first four or five months, then Blackmores Pg and BF, now I'm on Cenovis Pg and BF for a wee while. Only other additions have been one Evening Primrose a day, magnesium in the last three months for cramps and now Fefol for iron so I haven't done too badly. BTW I think you're having a boy too. Will you be telling us when you find out the gender or are you keeping it quiet? =)

Anna = girl

Skye = girl

(That's my bets anyway)

Well the appointment was very quick - WM still head down and engaged. Peter (the obstetrician) offered to do an internal if I wanted. I declined but said I might reconsider next week depending on how things go. He too seemed to think that it won't be much longer. He paid me a compliment ... said I was the most relaxed first time mother he'd met for a while. I told him I'd expended so much nervous energy trying to get pregnant that maybe I just couldn't do the stress thing any more!

Hope you all have a lovely day girls. Might go and grab some more kip now.

Cheers,

Mel

Sheree, ok, my guess is boy for u & Anna & girl for Skye too.
    Vitamins: still takin 2 Blackmores Preg/BF Formula (1xmorn+night), I stopped takin folate mid 2nd tri.

Mel, yay on 1 more wk & obgyn thinkin chance u may go early.

My guess:
    Me- Boy
    Anna- Boy
    Skye- Girl

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Only 6 days until we meet Mel's little William!
    Only 15 days until we meet Shell's little Holly!

Mel,

yeah I'm not fond of the Lisa McCune Coles ad either. I'm not sure why the chick has change table right smack in the middle of her lounge room? Or is it just me being niggly? Lol!

Well, a few BHs for me last night, then nothing at all since. I am actually feeling really good today, like I could stay pg for a few more months yet!

Ob appt tomorrow. If it's anything like the others, he'll have a feel, check my bp and I'll be outta there in 10 mins. Just the way I like it!

love
    sushee

skyelar Guest

OMGoodness I can't believe how close some of you lucky ladies are getting! It is so exciting to think that you will soon have your bundles in your arms

Mel~I am working on a photo for you I promise. Have told hubby he needs to dig the baby gear out of storage! I am thinking after Sushee's post it is the Tiny Love Symphony one. Has a remote so you can turn on & off without going into the room. Can you believe your :boy: will be here soon!!!

Sush~I think you are oh so close! I hope you are keeping well & getting heaps of rest. Those BH's seem really regular, glad bub didn't decide to interupt your lunch with DH.

Trish~how are you & the boys going today? Your ticker seems to be flying by so fast. I know it will be kept quiet till they arrive but have you got any names you like yet? I have been thinking up 9 letter boy names & have a bit of a list here. I wonder if their names are on it!

Carrie~I am another sucker for that J&J ad seems weird but the babys' skin looks so soft like you can almost feel it ykwim?

Shell~how are you feeling? This TWW is worse than when TTC I think. I love the name you have chosen so pretty & feminine. I ran Holly past my DH last night he said 'put it on your list'

Tiff~Ivy & Noah are just so precious! Those coy, cheeky smiles are priceless what a gorgeous family you all make!

Sheree~Hey pg buddy, :wave: how are you? My scan went really well, all clear on the NT & bub has seemed to slow down on the growth spurt I will be joining you on the maternity wear shortly I think.

Shazz~we will be starting a count down for you soon as well! Can't believe how many people are due within a month of one another. Less than a month soon \/

Aww everyone thinks I am having a I would so love a sister for Bailea (can't believe I just said her name I am a name-a-phobe online )A little :boy: would be so so loved I would just have no idea on what to do with his bits

These are my guesses......
    Me~
    Sheree~:boy:
    Anna~:boy:

Have a great night everyone!

18 days until meet sushee's little un'

I finally got onto the computer just now. I thought that I had better do some cleaning today, so banned myself until I had done what needed to me done (I also had Mum's group - cleaning didn't take that long)

Mel - Any day now! It's probably good that you didn't get the internal, that is unless you wanted to see William soon. The internal can push things along a bit I think. How are you feeling about the impending labour?

Sush- IKWYM with Lisa McCune!
    Hope that the appointment goes well tomorrow. It will be interesting to see where you're bubs is at!

Skye- Glad your NT test was good! Are you finding out the sex?

Hi to everyone else.

I think:

Me - :boy:
    Skye - :boy:
    Sheree -

Cant wait to see who's right and who's wrong.

Morning Ladies,

hope you are all well, i'm going to have a me day today and lay in bed all day it is raining here i love the sound of rain on the neighbours roof ( we have tiles on ours they have tin ) so may be back later if the rain stops

17 days until meet sushee's little un'

Hi Girls -

Carrie - yeah I was a bit reluctant for the internal for that reason. I know he was only going to have a look but I'm not quite ready for that I don't think. I'm still in the mode of thinking that things will sort themselves out when they're ready so I'm sticking with that. I had to do some cleaning yesterday too but I slept most of the day and ended up doing it at night!

Skye - no rush pet with the photo of the mobile. I don't want you running around too much on my account! Whenever you manage is fine by me =)

Sush - hope the ob appointment goes well today and that everything is on track.

People from work keep ringing me to ask if anything has happened yet. It isn't even my due date! The hospital is just down the street and visible from the office so I've told them I will raise the flag and puff some smoke (like the Vatican) when it's all done.

Going for a massage this morning. My shoulders are very tight so I want to loosen up a bit before some other part of my anatomy gets cracking. Was going to do the grocery shopping but might leave that till tomorrow.

Hope you ladies have a lovely day. Shazz ... enjoy the rain. Looks like we might get some here today too! Did I mention to you that I was born in Toowoomba (St Vincents)? Also lived there for a while when I was studying. Are you having bub in Toowoomba?

Talk to you all later.

Love,

Mel

Mel ~ argh a massage sounds lovely i hope you enjoy every second of it and yep i'm having bub at toowoomba base though my other 2 were born there but the IVF doc i saw came out of st vinnies all of my nieces and nephews were born at st vinnies it is a nice hospital heres a couple of LV LV LV for you to get you rolling

Only 5 days until we meet Mel's little William!
    Only 14 days until we meet Shell's little Holly!

Morning all!

ROFL Mel about the flag and smoke! I think it's a marvellous idea!

As for me, got some good news (though it seems a little mean) that my parents' immigration agent has told them that once their application for permanent residency goes in at the end of May, that they won't be able to travel out of the country until it's either approved or is unsuccessful. My mum was intending to go back to Singapore in June for two months, but because of the restriction, has decided to have her last hurrah now, and is flying back there on the 19th of April!

Which means she won't be here for the first month or so after this little'un's arrival! I was stressing about how I was going to cope with her being here all the time and wanting to take over. I kept bracing myself for the fight that was sure to come when I told her to b**ger off and leave me and DH to bond with bub. But now it's all a moot point.

I know most women love their mums and want them to be there for them, but I am so relieved she's not going to be in the country, and am so much more relaxed about bub coming now! Lol!

love
    sushee

Wow it's so close for you three (Sushee, Mel and Shell). \/

Sushee, I totally understand re your mother. Mine is in Victoria, but we will be travelling to my little brother's wedding (21/10/06) soon after the birth!!!!! I think at our age and baby experience it's normal to want to be in control - especially after the rollercoaster ride that it took to get pregnant in the first place. In fact, I would like DH to bugger off for awhile too - leaving me to it. A bit hard when he is the primary care giver LOL

Sush - that is good news for you! Good timing I say! Hope everything goes well with your parents' application.

Shazz - Ooh yeah the massage was good. Seems the carpal tunnel was very much related to the stiff shoulders as it has eased up a bit since. Good to hear St V's is a nice hospital. It's probably changed a lot since I was born. My father was working out of town when I arrived and he drove all day to get there. When he arrived, one of the sisters told him he couldn't see Mum and I and he should just go home! I think they were a bit battle-axey in those days. I can't imagine that happening now!

Hmmm ... quiet in here today. You could almost hear a pin drop ...

Here's a funny story about when I was born....
    My dad was a shearer back then and on a contract out bush, so mum went and stayed with her mum. She had no dr's and new NOTHING about what was going to happen to her. So she is finally in labour with me, being pushed into the delivery ward, my grandmother wasn't allowed in so she was by herself, and in her wisdome my grandmother said to my mother"...Patricia I think you had better take your denches out....." [Mum lost her teeth at a young age from a car accident!]....

Here's a funny story about when I had Nicola.....
    C/section booked Monday 27th May. Thinking I had all weekend to pack bags etc. I had a REALLY good sleep (which was out of the ordinary) Friday night. I woke at 9am thinking I was going to wet myself, run to the toilet and the liquid is clear - very strange for early morning. Mentioned to DH, he immediately rang the hopsital and they told us to come and not to have b/fast. I demanded on having a shower, also started to feel very embarassed as I had no pain - and thought I was just being anxious about "pregnancy signs". Walk into the hospital saying "...oh well it is a lovely day maybe we can have a nice brunch in Subiaco!..." Have an internal and low and behold I'm told that my waters have broken and I'm 4 cm dilated..........She was delivered at 1:04pm 25th May c/section...

I have a feeling that I will go early with this bub.......

I wish my MIL would bugger off lol!!!

I'm so glad you all understand about me not wanting my mum here. It sounded awful when I typed it!

My funny story is that until my mum went into labour with my eldest brother, she thought that the baby would come out of her navel. She thought that that was why it was sticking out so much, in readiness for the baby to come through it! Was a rude shock when she found out what was really going to happen!

Sheree, how early was Nicola? My mum is praying that I have this little'un early so she can still play grandma for a bit before she leaves, but I am now more determined than ever to go over! LOLOLOL!

love
    sushee

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast