Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ November/December '05

Morning everyone \/

hope you are all well

CONGRATULATIONS TIFF =D>

Gab glad that Tomas is doing well and IKWYM about missing being PG Looking forward to seeing some pics of you both!

YAY \/ Tiff

Gab good to hear that all is well.

Sal still going on. Maybe you will beat me.

Had OB checkup this morning, weight 70 kg so that is 14 kgs in total so far, measuring 40 weeks so feeling very very big, Rylee's HB 160 and Declan's 150. Still looking at a vaginal delivery. Just waiting now

So do they plan to induce you by a certain date Tam, if u haven't gone into labour by then? :-)

A huge congrats to Gab and Mr Gab on the arrival of Tomas YAY \/

And

A double congrats to Tiff and Mr Tiff on the arrival of Ivy & Noah YAY YAY \/

I think i will be back tomorrow or the day after, I'm very much under the weather and are going back to bed, but thought I had better check in!

Gab - glad to hear everything is going okay. Hope those stitches are healing up.

Tam - sounds like you are going well too. Not long now ...

Sal - 33 days ... oh my God, where did all that time go? I think I'm a bit like you in that I won't miss being pg. I've always wanted kids but kind of wished I didn't have to do this bit. Hehe ... some earth mother I am.

Jo - hope you are feeling better soon. Get Jack to take care of you (may as well start now while he's young).

Hope all you lovelies are well.

Love,

Mel and "Willmartin" (as my niece calls him)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

OMG I'm gone 5 days and I miss all the excitement!

CONGRATULATIONS GAB AND TIFF ON THE ARRIVALS OF TOMAS, IVY AND NOAH!!!

Hello everyone else! I can't believe I've missed so much being away but am so glad to come back to some good news!

I'll have to go back and catch up on all the posts but wanted to stop in quickly and say 'hi'. I had a wonderful week in the South West, ate heaps (what diabetic diet?) and even had a few sips of some Margaret River wine. How could I not?

Baby must have loved the weather coz it kicked up a storm all week and my mum reckons my belly's grown....again! DH and I had a wonderful time. Just what I needed!

Will catch up tomorrow once I've read everyone's posts.

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Gab, I hope you're healing up nicely and settling in to life with Tomas outside your belly (sounds like you'll have to get knocked up again soon!).

Tiff, I really hope you're all doing well, that Ivy and Noah are breathing strongly and growing well. I figure you'll be so busy with everything that perhaps we won't hear from you for a while, but fingers crossed that you can duck on to BB soon and tell us how you're doing and how your birth went.

Tam, just check out your website. Wow, you are just all belly, if you just had a singleton in there you look like you're about to pop any second. How many more weeks does your Ob think you can go? And your nursery and all your equipment, you are super organised, let that be inspiration for the rest of us LOL.

Mel, it's amazing how 33w can speed by, I'm in shock at how quickly it has gone (although it felt like forever at the time, what with the worrying). I have my last antenatal class tonight, so it's all starting to feel quite real somehow.

Sush, glad to hear you had a great break! And yes, you did miss 5 exciting days here!

Hi to all, well I'm experiencing heatwave conditions here at the moment, so my ankles have decided to swell up and I find that I get quite cranky in the heat... I had the aircon on in my house but we had a blackout yesterday, so I just wilted - poor DH!!

I'm a total preg-brain, I know that Trish and someone else have u/s scans coming up but can't remember when - can you remind?

Welcome back Sush, after a relaxing break. Yep, u sure did miss a great 5 days.

Sal, wow, your belly looks bout same size as mine, hehe. Yeah, I can't remember either, so Trish & Shazz up shortly for scans.

So who's it gonna be, Tam then Sal or vice versa, we shall see soon.

Hope ur feelin better soon Jo.

Well went to GP on wkend, as lost some hearing (lost 1/2 on LHS, & 1/3 on RHS) & deep in ears were starting to ache. She says I have 'allergic rhinitis', common in pregnancy. Have inner ear infections & sneezing, so not caused by aqua-aerobics after all. Prescribed me 'atrovent' nasal spray, 3 times/day for 10days & maxamox for 14days. Then after my 4th dose of nasal spray, I got 4 small nose bleeds, not enough to fill a tissue though, she said to persist with it as nose bleeds are also symptoms of allergic rhinitis, & provided they aren't bad, it won't do any harm. Hehe, fun fun. :-)

Hello lovely ladies!

Sorry no personals, just a quick update from the Evans ranch!

I am rather ill at the moment, have a cold/flu thing as well as a nasty ear infection. Just what I needed! The horrid pain from the ear infection has settled down, so the antibiotics are starting to kick in but I am almost completely deaf in my left ear, a weird yucky feeling.

The pains that I have been complaining about under my belly, just above my groin area are much much worse. All I need to do is be on my feet for half an hour and the area starts hurting and burning. It's pretty hard to function normally when you cannot stand or walk for longer than that time without being in severe pain. Every medic that I have spoken to about it just tells me they are not surprised?! And one charmer even told me that it is only going to get worse..........i wish it would change sides every so often........it's pretty hard to look after a toddler with all this going on, he doesn't understand why mummy cannot run around chasing him and playing with him at the moment.

Finally had my hospital appt last Thursday, I recieved the appt time in the mail at 630pm on Wednesday night, my appt was for the following day at 845am.....!!!! They must have thought I only lived around the corner.........we made it anyway.

They totally ****ed me off by making me wait and wait and wait. Once I was in I asked the midwife why they bothered bringing me in so early....she told me that they like all the *new* ones in early. Idiots, I had all the relevant tests etc before hand, it was really only a formality.

Then I waited some more, and did some more waiting until finally I saw the ob. I cheered up then as he is also a scan man and did a few of my IVF scans for me previously. We have a quick scan to check the babies were ok then started the lengthy negotiations on when/if i needed to come back. We came to a compromise that I see him again next week then not again until 34 weeks. I have to have another scan to measure the babies and make sure they are similar weights and he would like to go through the scan results with me, so fingers crossed that all goes well, because I cannot be arsed to drive to Melbourne every week or fortnight.

I also had a phone call from the hospital today and they are running a twin class next Wednesday which fingers crossed I will get to. then I will just stay o/night at my mums place and go back to the hospital the next day.

Thats it for now, I'm too tired for any more, hopefully be back in a couple of days.

tiggy Guest

Hi Girls!!!!

Well, I'm home!
    Ivy and Noah are doing really well. Noah is off his breathing tube (CPAP) but Ivy is still on hers. They are up to 10 mls of EBM and the doctors are talking about a move to level two in a few days.

I'll update my website soon and tell you all about the scary birth when Ive got my head around it all.

Just wanted to say thank you to you all and let you know that you girls are all angels. You kept my spirits high and helped me through some of my worst days.

Sal, I got your lovely gift - thank you so much.

Welcome back Sush glad to hear you had a great break.

Jo - Bummer to hear you're not flash, and pooh to the hospital. Hope you feel better soon hon.

Tiggy - Awesome to hear from you and to hear Ivy and Noah are doing so well. Eek at the scary birth, hope you are recovering well and taking good care of yourself.

XX

Hello everyone!

okay I read all the posts I missed but can't retain anything! Lol! So here's a general hello to everyone, esp to Jo who's under the weather and good luck to Trish -u/s is Wed the 15th? Okay aside from that, my mind is a blank. I feel so fuzzy-brained!

Tiff, it's so good to hear you're back and Noah and Ivy are doing well. I can't wait until we get to see pictures. And Gab, you're a legend and have made me feel heaps better about coping with delivering a big baby. I can't wait for piccies of Tomas either!

Well while I was in Balingup, I bought my first baby things! I got a pair of alpaca wool booties and matching hat (in dark blue so it will suit boy or girl) and it felt so naughty actually getting something! I now sit and look at the gorgeous things and remind myself no more until 30 weeks...

Also went out with DH yesterday (we've both still on anuual leave) and organised new carpets for our house! They come in on Jan 6th so it's going to be a frantic Christmas holidays trying to get everything moved out into the tiled areas!

Lastly today I've noticed new stretch marks! Eeek! I thought I couldn't possibly get more than I got when I had my first three, but there are some definite new ones! C'mon, own up, anyone else?

Have missed you ladies and missed BB. Will check up later and try to catch up with the other threads too. In the meantime,

love
    sushee

Know what u mean Sush, we've been painting (well DH) inside whole house (except dining/kitchen), 1/2 done lounge & entry still to do, & a final coat on our new front door. So we have no carpet & furniture everywhere but most is in our back ent room & some stuff in our bdrm (involves double shuffling though). Can't wait, new carpet comes Thur week, in my hols. Then Sat arvo, xmas with dad, Sun morn xmas with mum & rels, then xmas itself with DH's family at his sis's 5hrs drive. So looks like DH will be busy movin furniture back & me cleaning/re-packing cupboards/bookshelves, fun fun, but can't wait to see end result. Good on ya for buying something, will help u hold off til ur 30wks... :-)

There must be something in the water, I'm about to head out and look at carpet and tile samples for our lounge and kitchen too! Glad to hear you bought something for the baby Sush, it's gotta be done and you have been very strong!
    Have to say I haven't noticed any stretchmarks YET! I have been literally swimming in Bio Oil so hopefully it will go some way to help keep them at bay. Knowing my luck I'll get to a couple of days before I'm due without any and then Whammo...! I'm thinking they're nice little reminders of our precious wee babes!

Take care everyone.

Hi ladies just popping in just to let those from that are in April belly buddies you might want to check out the thread is you haven't lately re baby shower kringle!

Sal Guest

hi girls! tried to post this morning but the site was down or something

Tiff, so glad to hear from you, that you are home and that Ivy and Noah are doing so well. What a wonderful xmas you and your family is going to have, now that the stresses of pg have passed.

...no stretchies for me...yet...but I feel sure that I'm going to get them, it runs in the family...

Well I saw my bub again this afternoon, had to have an u/s to see whether the placenta was still low - yay it's not! It was lovely seeing bub, he was so active, playing with his feet. His measurements are all on the large side of normal, with a large head circumference - measuring currently at 38w...eeeeeeeeek! I know Gab had a big'un, but Gab is also over 6ft tall, I'm a little shorty person and I'm worried now!

Phew, still heatwave conditions here, is stinking hot, feel like a sweaty pig 5mins after showering.

How's everyone else's week going?

Shell and Amy, sounds like the nesting urges are starting to kick in. DH was horrified when I told him I really thought we should repaint the house, and nixed the idea. I guess this is fair as I probably would expect him to do it.

But as for buying baby things, yes I've been a rock, I reckon, but you know that the booties and hat is just the start now. The seal has been broken, as they say...

And I cannot believe that Sal and Amy, you girls haven't gotten any stretch marks yet. How is this fair? My tum will be a map at this rate! Even with all the creams and stuff, I'm prone to them, I think. Got more with each pg, why should this one be any different?

One of our wonderful mods, can you update my front page details with my little'un's chosen names please?

Girl: Lila Andrea, Boy: Benjamin Charles.

Ta
    sushee

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast