Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #13

yogi, I'm so, so sorry to hear your news. I hope the d&c goes smoothly and that your recovery is quick.

I do know someone who now has a healthy 5mo daughter after several early losses. I think her problem was a clotting disorder, but beyond that I don't know many details because we're not close. I just know she did daily injections throughout the pregnancy. I hope that one day (9 months after you're ready to start trying again) I'll get to share your success story with someone else in a similar position.

Yogi bear i am so so sorry for your loss. Its so hard to find words of comfort but i too have a friend who had reoccurring m/c and she had a healthy bub on her fourth pg from having some injection everyday.

CK77- ive known the sex of our baby since before he was transfered, we had PGD IVF due to a sex linked disease i carry. One upside of that is finding out the sex of our embies that make it thru testing.

So very sorry, YogiBear. I just wanted to echo what Lairdoz said: you aren't doing anything "wrong". This is not your fault. This is just incredibly unfair. I know two women who have had many miscarriages and have eventually had children: my SIL has a one year old girl and my friend has a three year old boy.

Oh YogiBear, I was devastated to read your news, sending you massive hugs Let it all out, give yourself time and space to grieve. The baby you so desperately want and utterly deserve is out there in the universe waiting for you. Don't lose hope.

When you are feeling strong again, maybe get a second opinion about managing the ANA and NK cells. New treatment regimes are being developed all the time.

Take care of yourself sweetie, wishing you a short wait til you get your little miracle.

YogiBear, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. As others have said, many women have recurrent miscariages and go on to have healthy babies. Don't lose hope that you will be one of them. Can I suggest contacting a good grief counsellor to help you through this awful time? Sending you a big hug right now.

CK, Hiya! You must be busy as we haven't heard from you in a while. My babies' crown to rump length couldn't be measured at my morph scan, as the sonographer explained they were now too big to fit on the screen in one view. Did you get C to R lengths at your morph scan? They estimated bubs' weight and both were in the normal range, which is good. I hear you re DTD. It was only this week that we DTD (albeit other pursuits have been explored previously - and sorry if TMI!) After the scan I told my DH I wanted to start buying some baby things to make it all feel real and to try to lessen my fears and make this PG more positive, so we hit Big W sales and bought about 4 bulk packs of Huggies, some swaddles, bibs, pacifiers, bath towels and some gorgeous tiny little rompers and things. So, so cute! We've also been doing our research online and visiting stores for twin prams, cots, changes tables etc. How about you? What have you bought for your baby so far? Enjoy your niece's wedding this weekend. We've also got a wedding on south of Sydney. My best friend is getting married and we're leaving Friday and getting back Sunday, treating it as a mini babymoon

Renee, You've done extremely well to make it this far and have only one crack-up. I've lost count of the number I've had. It's either a raging temper or tears with me ATM

Airline, Hang in there. I had no MS my whole PG and know how you feel when you don't feel PG. Wait till your boobs swell and become tender (they were my only sign for ages)and everyone else in my BB buddies group felt movement before me, but then comes the time when you feel those magical flutters and kicks.

GlennyC, Glad your talk with your boss went well. Excellent news you can play it by ear and don't have to give him 10 weeks notice. At my work I have to give 10 weeks notice. I must get into water aerobics, too, as I've heard how good it is for us PG ladies. Are you on the north or south side of Brissy?

Brunette- I'm on the North Side. Doing aqua at Albany Creek pool. Honestly, I couldn't believe how great I felt!! Just nice to be weightless for an hour!

Cool! I think the closest pool to me offering aqua aerobics is the new Colmslie Pool (Morningside). Just tried calling them but they are closed, or at least their swim school message said so, so will try tomorrow. Being weightless if only for an hour sounds like bliss!

Yogi i am so sorry to hear that your beautiful baby is no longer with us. I can't imagine how you must feel. Like the other ladies have said grieve for as long as you need to and know that you are not doing anything wrong. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your partner. xxxxx

Yogi, I also want to let you know you're in my thoughts. I am so so sorry, and although I don't know your personal history, I have had a scan only to discover no heartbeat. It was one of the saddest days of my life. I hope you find strength in your dh and vice versa. Accept all hugs that are offered, cyber and physical ( ) xx

Yogi Bear - so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope everything goes as well as possible this week, and that you and your DH are able to take some time out to grieve and say goodbye to this little bub. You will be in my thoughts and prayers xoxox.

Hey, thanks for the replies in relation to the supplements (I posted a while back, I was away). Maybe I will switch to Blackmore's Preg Gold. I don't know, I find the look of those gel caps a little alarming (have a bad stomach). I'm on Elevit now, which I like coz it's a tablet. Does anyone have a view on what's better?

Juniper, what is the name of your Omega 3 supplement? Those numbers on DHA etc sound really good (I did a ridiculous amount of research).

Maggiepie, hope the ms isn't too bad. I thought mine had gone but it comes and goes (like karma chameleon).

Renee, that sounds like a really good reason to have a crack up. It also sounds like my daily life (even pre-pregnancy).

AFM, wishing I was asleep with my cat (Melbourne is miserable and freezing).

Worrywart, I too am on Blackmore's Preg & BF. I have a thyroid condition and my endocrinologist (who by the way has had triplets!) recommended Blackmore's Preg & BF for me. I was on Elevit prior to her recommendation. The gel capsules go down pretty easy; just take heaps of water with them if you make the switch.

Worrywart, it's Metagenics MetaPure EPA/DHA. It says it's a practitioner only range. I get it from my acupuncturist, but I'd expect you could get it from a naturopath too. It's about $50 for 120 capsules, but you only take 1/day. I actually find them pleasant tasting. You can search for a practitioner on their website.

Worrywart i too take blackmores preg gold & BF plus a calcium supplement cause dairy and i don't agree during this pregnancy! I was taking Elevit and was recommended by my GP to swap to Blackmores, as there is something in Blackmores that isn't in Elevit but i can't remember what it is (Preg brain!!) They are really easy to swallow.

Hey thanks Brunette, Juniper and Renee.
    Yes, Renee, you're right, I just did some googling and it's iodine! Elevit doesn't have it. Shivers. Now I'm a tiny bit concerned, because apparently our diet is really low in iodine in Australia and New Zealand. I don't really add salt (we have iodised though).
    Anyway, it's just my stomach doesn't cope well with gel caps. I did take Blackmore's preconception Gold but stopped because I was burping and feeling bad stomach-wise.
    Though apparently you get iodine from dairy and eggs (which I have a lot).
    Hmmm ... I'll prob try the Blackmore's and see how it goes. Or a separate iodine tablet. Then I'll be taking about 4 things per day .... I'll need one of those plastic dispensers with morning,evening,night and days of the week ....

Hi there,

I am tentatively popping my head in here to say hello after getting my BFP yesterday. I am not sure I am in the right place, but I do know quite a few of you lovely ladies from the LTTC Assisted Conception thread.
    DH and I have been TTC for nearly 4 years and I think I need to pinch myself. Like many of you can probably relate, I am feeling very nervous about the lead up to my 7 week scan but also very hopeful that we have come this far.

I look forward to sharing this journey with others who can relate.

tantee
    Last edited by tantee; August 5th, 2010 at 01:28 PM.

tantee, it's so good to see you here! Congratulations on your BFP! How long do you have to wait for your scan? FX for a perfect blob (because that's all we could see at 7w) and a strong heartbeat!

worrywart, yes, iodine was the only thing missing from the elevit in comparison to the blackmores. The elevit tended to have a higher dose of the other contents though when I last checked, but that was a while ago.

Tantee - Congrats and welcome you must be over the moon!!! You have come to the right place all the girls in here are wonderful and we can all relate to those first few weeks before you see the blob and the heart beat!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast