Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #13

Thanks all.
    Airline i had a fresh transfer with a 5 day blastie.
    Ive done my EDD 3 ways now and they all work out the same... first day of period, EPU + 2 weeks, and now the dating scan.
    I did have a 'short cycle' rather than a down reg cycle. Not sure if that makes a difference. I have a friend who had a down reg and transfered a week after me, now she is saying her edd is a week ahead of mine because she is going by first day of period. I think in that instance she shud go by EPU + 2w. She will be disappointed at her dating scan when she has to shave off 2 weeks! lol.

Hi Girls

I just found this thread and found it quite comforting and thought I might drop in!

Jaki we are in the same pregnancy thread.

My DH and I have been trying for nearly 4 years. There are just so many disapointments. Our first pregnancy happened in Jan 07 and we'd been trying naturally for about 3 months. I remember how I just thought the hard bit would be getting pregnant, it never occured to me that anything could go wrong! None of our friends had experienced a problem, so when we miscarried at 10 weeks we were just devastated. It was a blighted ovum too, so that was hard to get our head around.

Airline it's interesting as I had a FET on a natural cycle on 10th July too. The clinic dates us as due 28th March and we had our first ultrasound yesterday when I was meant to be 7 weeks and 1 day according to their calculations. But the emby was only measuring 6 weeks 3 days (+- 2-4 days on the printout) so I've been feeling incredibly anxious about this (with IVF everything seems so precise so it does seem to be quite behind), then I saw your dates and thought, well you never know! There was a heart beat which was good news but there wasn't a dopler so we couldn't hear it and don't know how fast it was.

Jaki I think the fact that you had a fresh transfer with EPU etc makes a difference between the two of us.

Hey Beachbaby, well now I'm really confused!!
    My transfer was on the 12th July. My FS's receptionist who seems to have known all her stuff for everything else I've had to ask her, said that you just add 2 wks before the transfer date - simple as that. Which makes me 6wks 2days today.

Now that fits in with you and the plus/minus 2-4 days with your scan. I'm so pleased you saw a heartbeat, it must be a wonderful moment.

I'm concerned today as my m/s has abated ... a lot. This happened last year, and turned out it had all stopped happening, and I went on to have a d&c.

I'm trying really hard to remain relaxed and not get stressed about it, but due to history I'm worried. Wonder if I should get another couple of BTs to see if hCG still going up.

My scan is next Tuesday...................... :-( oops just realised my ticker shows incorrect due date still......i'm at work, have to sort later.

Hi Airline

That's interesting and has given me some hope that things might be okay. I wanted another blood test yesterday but the FS said there was no point as the levels would be fine. So that was frustrating.

Am having another scan on Monday with the OB just to see. My FS said to wait 2 weeks for another scan and that by then emby should have doubled in size. I can't wait to weeks so want to check if still heartbeat on Monday and if the little one has grown enough.

Good luck with your scan on Tuesday.

Oh my God - you ladies have been busy! I haven't been on here for a few days and lots to catch up on.

Lairdoz, glad you spoke to your sister, at least now everything is out and you don't have to worry.

I can't remember but someone wrote about dry skin. I have had that with every pregnancy and the worst is when your tummy starts to stretch and the skin gets really itchy. I found before sorbolene every night helped, and have noticed that my legs have been dry this week so may be time to start.

On the cold issue, my natropath said garlic, ginger and honey (all eaten together) is good for a cold. And it makes a great stir fry! I too have had a cold for what seems like forever, it is getting slowly better but that's a pregnant immune system for you.

Airline - I hope you start feeling sick again soon. I know m/s is crap but at least you know you are pregnant.

AFM - I also woke this morning feeling 'non pregnant'. No sickness, boobs smaller and not tender (although getting a bit tender now probably because I keep poking them. Trying not to worry at the moment. Wishing that 12 weeks would just get here so can get the first scan done and 'see the evidence'.

On the telling people issue, my first baby we told family around 8 weeks, which was very difficult as my sister had recently lost a baby a day after he was born. But we felt like we had to tell them early for that reason, as the longer we didn't tell the harder it would have been. Other people we waited till 12 weeks. With #2 I was so excited to be preg I think we told everyone by about 8 weeks, as well that helped at work as I had m/s and had to sometimes just walk out of the room, or go and eat. This time we are going to wait. We are seeing the inlaws (who don't live near us) when I am 13 weeks so will tell them then, and to keep it fair will tell my parents at the same time. We have had fun keeping the secret to ourselves, it is nice after wanting this for so long to be selfish with the good news! In saying this I am so bloated and starting to pop already so it will be interesting to get through the next 5 weeks without someone noticing!!

Sorry for all the people I have missed, but kids tearing house apart so must go!

Hi ladies

Had my scan today and everything looks great. It does however have a head which is measuring at 22 weeks (2 more than i am)!!!This made me wince a little! But everything is there and looks perfect, such an amazing thing to see.

Hope everyone had a great day

Renee, that's fantastic! So glad to hear it. My DH has a massive head. Yes, I feel you there.

Jaki, also great news on your scan. It's just wonderful to hear the heartbeat. Actually, just any kind of "seeing" or "hearing" the baby is wonderful.

Leabie, hope your soup turned out well. Yes, I think we'll do a quick last minute bagsing of names.

OMG Ninah, just realised you'll be in for your induction today (today is Thursday right). GL and can't wait to hear your news.

Paula, also looking forward to your announcement.

As for everyone I've missed, Hi.

AFM, I can't believe this but I just vomited for the first time (not ever, just during the pregnancy!). I had constant MS (just nausea) from weeks 6 til say 12. Then I thought I was better. My appetite returned. I ate everything no problems. Now this. Can MS return in 2nd trimester? Oh God, I really hope this doesn't mean a long haul MS. I also have really bad headaches most of the day. I thought hormones were supposed to be evening out?

Renee, Great news to hear everything went well at your recent scan. Congrats on reaching the 20-week milestone.

Welcome, Beachbaby, and here's to a H&H 9 months!

Airline, not long till your scan on Tuesday. I'm sure you'll get your EDD sorted then.

I can't remember who posted about dry hands, but dry skin is definitely a side-effect of PG. Slather on the moisturiser and oil on your bellies

Ninah, I hope you have your lovely little man in your arms by now.

Paula, how are you travelling? Is it only 2 days now till your due date?

Leabie, I too made soup yesterday - a double batch of chicken and vegie. I froze about 7 portions, had some for dinner, am having some more tonight and have given four portions to my mum and brother! I hear you on getting your own back re the driving. I've told my DH that he's driving for 9 months after the babies are born. Ha ha!

Lairdoz, you are being really great and understanding about letting your sister bask in the moment and not telling your fam that you're 12 weeks PG. I don't think I could be as generous as you are being.

Worrywart, can't help you with the MS question as I was lucky enough to totally escape it. Re headaches, I had bad headaches pretty constantly (sometimes daily, sometimes every 2nd day) for a couple of weeks in my second trimester. I think it's due to the increase in blood that occurs in the 2nd trimester. I took panadol when it got really bad.

Juniper, I'd like to think we won't make the same mistakes that our mums made, but I increasingly find myself saying the same things to my stepkids that mum said to me! What a worry!

Hi to all those ladies I've missed!

Airline and MaggiePie - hope you're both feeling more "pregnant" today! It is unnerving on those days, but try not to worry too much, if you can. Easier said than done, I know.

Airline - I'd have another BT if it helped you to relax a bit, sweetie. I did, and the GP was totally understanding about my fears. Thought I'd have to beg her to do it.

Renee - FANTASTIC news about everything looking good in the scan! Hopefully bub's head is just getting all its growing done early, and will slow down later?

Worrywart - I had a couple of revisits of MS from about week 14 to 16, sorry that you were sick Were you stressed / busy or didn't eat enough that day? I struggled with remembering to eat so often, for a while. Now, its the only thing I think about

Ladies, I just got sent an article about some new research thats been done on licorice (the confectionary), saying that we shouldn't touch it, as it contains an ingredient that allows cortisol (a stress hormone) to cross the placenta to the baby, even when eaten in small amounts. Cortisol is linked to diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity. They also did cognitive tests on 8 year olds, and those whose mothers had eaten lots of licorice during pregnancy didn't perform as well, and were more likely to have poor attention spans and disruptive behaviour (eg ADHD).

It might be something everyone is aware of except me, but I was really surprised (and mildly panicked, until I realised I haven't eaten any since being pg!). I knew licorice root was no good for us, but didn't think that included normal licorice. Thought it was worth sharing with you all.

Better go, tonight its lamb shanks - the eating frenzy continues!

Hi ladies.

Maggie, I was very bloated early on. So much so that I bought some maternity workpants just after our 7w scan because my normal ones were too tight. About two weeks later the bloating went down (and I was losing weight from the m/s) so I actually had to adjust them in rather than out... So, hopefully the bloat will go down soon, but unfortunately popping early seems to be par for the course after a few pregnancies, so can't help you with that.

Renee, woo hoo for a great scan! I can imagine the head measuring ahead would be a bit scary. If it helps, my mum always says my shoulders were more of a problem than my head when I was born?

worrywart, I had constant nausea until 12 weeks and then it eased up a lot. I still get it regularly though. One of the books I've got (can't remember which one, but it's one on my OB's recommended reading list) said that it's normal to get nausea if you get hungry or tired. I find that doesn't explain all the times I'm getting it, but it does explain a lot of them. I'm also getting nausea whenever I get heartburn. And funnily enough I vomitted this morning for the first time in weeks because of my sinus issues (back of my nose was blocked and I think it was a bit of a panic reflex - can't think of any other way to explain why). I've also had bad headaches most of the pregnancy. It's gotten to the point where that just feels normal...

Leabie, I hadn't heard about the licorice, so thanks for the heads up. It's not something I eat a lot of, but I had looked at it a few times and considered getting some. I did actually have some red "licorice" but I figure that's not really licorice so I should be okay.

Ninah, I hope today went perfectly!

Hi to everyone else!

It was me who asked about the dry hands. What confuses me is why the back of my hands are so dry when my face is less dry than normal. Go figure...

So, as I said, I had a rough start to this morning, which meant I didn't want to eat, which meant I was hungry, which meant I felt nauseous all day, which is just the start fo a vicious cycle... I finally had a toasted sandwich at around 3pm. Afterwards, I had a meeting at 4pm and I swear I was starving by half an hour into the meeting!! So now it's after 7pm and I can smell dinner cooking in the oven. Needless to say, I can't wait!!! Chicken legs, roast veges, steamed greens... heaven!!

ETA: I also booked our ante-natal classes today. It's kind of scary to commit to something so far in advance.

Hi ladies
    being v. rude tonight and my excuse is I'm really tired so not doing persies. Off to bed soon as working next 3 days. I did decide to do BT so went down to my fabulous GP and got one done yesterday, and will have one done tomorrow after work. Hopefully will have results Saturday......don't know if the QML labs open on a sat or just the clinics. My nausea abated so much I have felt 'normal' a few times over the last couple of days, but I've also felt 'off'. Because this happened before, I'm getting worried, but trying my hardest to not get stressed. I'm still tired too. My paranoia stems from my first FS telling me that the 'symptoms' often hang around for up to a week after it all stops. Plse god this is not the case.

Well i'm working next 3 days so that should make them go that wee bit faster. Take care all, I promise to do persies next time, it's not that I'm not thinking about you all xx

Airline, I hope your blood test results come back really strong. If it helps I felt "normal" for last Friday, Saturday and Sunday (so then of course I worried) but then on Monday I felt really queasy again in the afternoon and then yesterday I felt really queasy all day which has never happened to me, as usually it's the late afternoon for me.

It's hard not to worry and I really hope you are ok.

I've heard something about licorice too and have been avoiding it.

Agree on the dry hands, I thought maybe I was going the dishes too much without gloves on. My legs are also quite dry.

Renee congratulations on your scan. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to get to 22 weeks, that would be a shock though to be 2 weeks bigger than you thought!

Hope you all have an uneventful (safe pregnancy) day

Just sharing this in case I'm not the only one who didn't know about it. I found out today that product recalls are reported on this website: Home. You may like to know there was a recall of one brand of cheese (Cottage Cheese Farm Pty Ltd) in Victoria on Monday due to the milk not being adequately pasteurised. There was also a recall on Monday for some Big W baby clothes. There are details on the website and you can subscribe to email notifications for any categories you are interested in.

I forgot to say last night...

A big WELCOME to beachbaby!! Great to see you in here. Hope you're feeling great. I hear you on the dry skin thing - winter, aaargh. Although I'm convinced Sydney Water has done something to our water, its really blue now when you run a bath, and I'm super-itchy when I get out of the shower now... hmmm...

Juniper - hope you're feeling better today sweetie, don't forget to eat! Chicken legs sounded yum. KWYM about booking in for classes, I felt like a bit of an idiot booking the hospital and classes so early back in June, but found out everyone else had too - couldn't get in to classes til October!

Have a great day everyone, bellyrubs to all

Airline, I felt totally normal and unpregnant for 2 weeks (maybe weeks 7-9), and I'm very "in tune" with body (ie paranoid). Just wanted you to know that, in case it helps. GL for BT!

Hi everyone,

Just reading this thread makes me feel hungry! Then sick! Sounds like there are some great meals going around. Last night I made a sausage casserole with rice which was yum. We are moving in two months and I have decided that it is time to start decluttering the freezer. Considering we have 3 tubs of cookie dough in there (preschool fundraiser) I think I had better get into the baking!!!
    Of course our big dilemma with moving is this: I won't be far enough along to see the sex of the baby (I will be 17 weeks - is that far enough???). So the house has 3 bedrooms. So now we don't know which to paint pink and which to paint blue. As two of the kids will be sharing, and one room is bigger than the other. So I would like to know what we are having to paint before we move in. So now don't know if we should just put DD and DS in together (leave room cream) put new bub in own room and just paint in a few years when bub moves in with sister or brother. Oh the dilemma. Any tips would love to hear, especially about kids sharing as ours have their own rooms at the moment.
    The other thing is I would rather not find out the sex of the baby, would rather wait for suprise. DH wants to know to be organised. But if we are not painting straight away we don't need to find out anyway....
    Morning sickness went for a day then came back with a vengence. Plus tired as DS has croup and up alot at night. Can feel sore throat and sinus problem returning. Can't wait until two weeks time when current casual work is finished and back to just one day a week.

Now how is everyone going?

Airline - I hope that the blood test shows great levels. I agree it's stressful when you don't 'feel' preg at this stage because you don't have any other evidence. Fingers crossed for you.

Leabie - thanks for the tip on the licorice. Haven't had any since being preg but won't be now! Hopefully they never do this kind of research on chocolate.

Brunette - agree totally with the 'mum sayings' I always let them slip and then think "I sound just like mum". I think it's one of those things too - you don't totally get your mum until you have your own kids!

To everyone - don't forget to moisturise LOL! And eat too...

Maggie, I think they can tell from 16 weeks on, but it depends on the machine used and whether bub is cooperating. I think it makes sense to have bub on their own at first so they're not waking their sibling (and vice versa), but don't have any experience to back that up...

Juniper, thanks for posting the link to the recalls page. You wouldn't believe it, but the few things that we have bought for our twins so far were bought at the recent Big W sale. We were soooo close to choosing the Dymple babysuits but bought the Bonds ones instead! Can't believe they've been recalled due to the studs potentially coming loose and being a choking hazard!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast