Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #13

Hello ladies

So wonderful to see this thread continuing to grow and grow however makes it difficult to keep up with everyone.

To all who have ms hope it clears up soon but to make you feel better just remember that its all for a good cause..Haha

I am still here. Tomorrow is my official due date but not feeling any different so not sure what to think. I have an OB appointment on Monday so will decide what our next step is. Cant believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone. I know it is hard for all who are still in the early stages to believe but it truly does just fly by!! It just occurred to me a couple of hours ago that this will be mine and DH last weekend alone! Amazing! After so long, we are on the verge of finally having our little girl in our arms.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Oh Paula, that's so beautiful, the last weekend you and DH being alone before having your baby girl in your arms. Makes me feel a tad teary! Can I just say, enjoy the quiet this weekend with your hubby before the little one arrives, as no doubt it will be like a whirlwind coming into the house once Tiana arrives! I'm over the halfway mark and while I can't wait to see my babies and hold them, I am already savouring my alone time, and time when it's just DH and me. I keep saying to friends and family that it's the quiet before the storm - twinpower!

Hi everyone! Well I'm a newbie to this thread with my pregnancy just confirmed this week. Very scared as my first and I'm no spring chicken... I just can't wait to make the 12 weeks! I only had the one embryo transfer, so I'm sure no twins for me, kicking myself for not asking for two. Oh well, as long as "he" or "she" is a fit and healthy bub! How lovely for you Brunette, double trouble indeed.

Sue

Sweetie- we only had one transferred and were told we still had a 25% chance of twins. ;-) he he we were a three day transfer though, I think 5 is different

Hi and welcome, Sue. How funny, I was just having a look over the TWW thread and the LT and assisted TTC thread (old habits die hard) and saw your BFP post and that your HcG level was in the low 2000s. I wouldn't be so sure that you aren't carrying twins; that's pretty high. My Hcg was low 3000s at 4 weeks and 3 days. Do you want twins? Totally understandable being scared, being a first-time mum. I'm 37 too and a first-timer. I felt so naive when I went into a baby store for the first time and had no idea what all the products were. I came away with a massive headache. But no doubt we'll pick it up and learn quickly once our bubs get here

Yes glenny_c, mine was 5 day transfer and nothing was mentioned about possibility of twins?? Brunette I would love twins, we do want to go for a second after this one, so may use two of the frosties later on! I've been told my estimated due date is 13 April 2011, clinic said I would be about four and half weeks, though just did an online due date calculator and it says 5 weeks, 2 days. Not to sure about that one... The results of my second blood test were hcg levels of 6300 and prosg. at 99. I do have this aching pain in my right hip, I'm hoping it just my body changing to accommodate the little one!?! My first scan booked in for 26 August, so will just go with the flow till then.

Sue, congratulations! That's wonderful news! And sounds like you've got nice strong betas there too! I can't remember at what point an embryo splits to make identical twins, but if it's after 5 days then there's still a chance that you could get them with a SET. How did you calculate your due date online? Did you use LMP or O date? If you did a medicated FET then for a 5 day transfer you just count back to 5 days before the transfer and use that as the O date. That should give you the most accurate due date. You should get a dating measurement at the first scan, so you could always just wait to see how that comes out.

Thank you Juniper and same to you, your nearly half-way! I actually worked out due date with this website: IVF.ca - IVF Due Date and Fetal Development Calculator I also got a letter from the fertility clinic with the estimated date. I'm pretty sure just having the one, which is great as so much to plan for. I told my mum, she so excited and has already gone out buying baby stuff like burp towels, umm yes so many things to think about. Especially the change of lifestyle, though looking forward to it! No morning sickness yet...

Sue, Interesting, that site gives me a due date 1 day earlier than what I predicted based on the O (ie EPU) date. I'd say your best option is to keep in mind that you have that range of dates to work with and just wait for your first scan. Our bub was measuring spot on for what I calculated at our first scan. My clinic never gave me a due date other than verbally at that first scan. FX the m/s is kind to you and you don't get any. If you're going to get it, it's normal for it to kick in around 6wks, but it varies from woman to woman. Mine started before 4wks.

Afm, I'm annoying DH a lot by making him feel where my belly is firm. Lol, I just find it fascinating that my flabby belly has a firm section in the middle now. The indent that usually runs around my waist where the top of my pants sit is suddenly starting to disappear and I just find it amazing. Also, today at acupuncture, I got pin and needles in my right hand and foot, so I'm wondering if that means I'm getting close to the point where I can't lie on my back?

Airline I hope you hcg levels were ok and your just to busy to post?????
    I'm praying for good results!
    X

Shelly Belly Guest

Smile Hello

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to this thread, got my results on Wed this week. I had a day 5 frozen embryo transfer which decided to stick! Am relieved and excited and nervous all at the same time, and just like Sue, I just can't wait to make the 12 weeks! It's still all sinking in I think, and I don't actually "feel" pregnant yet so maybe that's why it doesn't feel real. Does that make sense?

I've also changed my username, I used to be Inshelligent but that was too traceable and I wanted to post anonymously!

Shell

Congratulations and welcome Shell! If you take the " noborder" part (including the space) out of the code does the ticker work?

hi girls I"ve been quickly popping on to see how everyone is everyday but haven't had time to post. as soon as i finish work, i'm at home and in bed for a nap, and i'm too tired to use computer of an evening. it's so rude i know and i promised persies last time, but i have to get ready for work again today..... off next week though yeh!

great news though. BT on wednesday showed hCG at 49 500 - according to clinic I'm 6wks 2 days then. The ranges for week 6 are low - 1600 med - 8000 high - 33000
    and on Friday it was 61 000!!! so really pleased. the high for week 7 is 65 000 so we were v. relieved. I also felt like rubbish yesterday with nausea :-)

So now we're just biding our time till Tuesday morning, avoiding my parents till after Tuesday, cos that's when DH said we can tell them ;-)

really gotta go but welcome newbies and hope everyone's travelling well. xx

Great news airline!!!!!!! Of course your symptoms will come back now. Lol

Oh Airline YAY I was happy to hear your good results. How was work? Hope you are not too tired after the weekend.

Welcome to Sue and Shell, here's to a h&h 8 months for you both.

Sue and Brunette - everyone wonders how they will go being a mum but you will be great. Really, nothing changes inside of you, you are still the same person it's just that you have this little person / people to look after now. You will just get on with life and luckily you get to work it out as bub grows with you. I remember the first few days were the steepest learning curve but even before I left the hospital we had started some sort of routine. If there is one peice of advice I ever got that really helped it was this "feed them, wrap them, put them to bed". So true for a newborn thats all they need really. By the time they have a feed, change etc play time is over and it is sleep time again. In saying this, it worked really well for #1 but #2 never wanted to sleep whatever I did and I carried him around for a year!!! (he has just started sleeping through (sort of) at 2 years). The other thing I think you should do is trust your motherly instinct because it is usually right!

I would also have loved twins but know that I don't which is a bit disappointing. As I always wanted 4 kids and we have decided this will be the last one. But when I am sleep deprived and feeding all night I will probably be glad for just one!

I told my best friend yesterday. She lives quite a way away now, and came home for the weekend so it was good to tell her in person. And she can keep a secret which is good. Still waiting till after 12 week scan to tell everyone else although from the size of my belly already people are sure to notice....

Hope everyone is having a lazy Sunday like us. DH on a training day (he is into triathlon) so kids and I hanging out. DD still in PJs, and loving it.

Take care everyone

Hi Girls just checking in

Welcome and congratulations for Sue and Shelly Belly!

Airline that's great news on your blood test results!

I have my second scan tomorrow with the OB and praying everything is okay.

Sticky vibes to al

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the warm welcome

Juniper, I too am very dry on the back of my hands, so wierd! Thought it was just the water or something! Wonder why that happens.
    Oohh and I got my ticker working now too!

MaggiePie, thank you for the info on colds, I really didn't know what was safe to try, so I will try it out today. My inactive immune system is making me catch every little sniffle going around!

beachbaby, hope everything goes well for your scan tomorrow!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, remember to take some time out to relax!

This morning forgot to say, Good Luck Paula and hope everything goes well. Let us know when things start happening!

Beachbaby, hope the scan goes well tomorrow, fingers crossed for you.

Have a question for everyone that I keep forgetting to ask... You know how you are not allowed to eat soft cheeses, does this include philli cream cheese? Is this stuff actually cheese or is it just called that so we feel better about eating it because it is sooo yummy?

Also, I know alot of people are having trouble sleeping. I am having these amazing vivid dreams. I can remember having the same with other pregnancies as well. What is this about? Anyone else having crazy dreams?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast